Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're the type of person who modifies your guns anyway then start with the cheapest option in the Frame size you like.  If you just want an out of the box gun with more features get the Mac.

Mac is only available in commander length but has a proper length rail for most lights, bull barrel, adjustable over travel on the trigger, better sights, and an included mag funnel.  I personally don't like optics plates and prefer a direct to slide fit but the Mac is the way to go if you must use an RMR style optic.

I went with a DS9 carry because I wanted a commander frame but a threaded barrel and the barrels were available for a reasonable price from SDS.  If I had wanted a Govt. sized frame it would have been cheaper buying a DS9 NightStalker and I would have more features.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:

Someone will fix that in the future. The grip size reduction should be significant.
View Quote

We could have a 2011 that was identical to a 1911 in width, side profile and ergonomics.
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Might hold out for a comp version (wishing).
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:33:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I shot my Duty in USPSA for the first time today.  Had a few bobbles with factory mags with extended basepads.  No issues with the 17 round mags and a MBX mag.  I used a weapon light and the recoil is really mild.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought mine on impulse last week. I’ve only fired 1 box but certainly seems to be shooting low and left as others have said. Trigger was fair, about what was expected and I’m sure it will break in. And as others have experienced, the optic cut is too tight. Tried an EPS, 407k, Romeo X compact, and a Defender CCW. None would fit into the pocket. Send in a warranty claim.

At least it shoots easy and smooth.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By New2AR15s:

Reached out to Tisas CS on their website and mailed out the slide today to have them look at it. Hopefully turnaround isnt too bad Im itching to shoot this one
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Taking my first steps into the 2011 world. Picked up my MAC DS9 during lunch today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/497583/1000010593-3268465.jpg

Feels a lot like my Tisas 1911s so far, disconnector is catching a bit, trigger is a bit stuff but overall feels okay. Ive replaced the sear spring on my others and some shooting has helped smooth things over.

Only disappointment I have so far is that the front sight is loose and literally falling out of the slide.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/497583/1000010594-3268469.jpg

I was hoping to oil it and go to the range for a few minutes after work but now Ill have to wait a while.

Has anyone had a loose front sight on these? Is there a pin that I am missing or something? The sight is very loose and can be moved by hand back and forth through the dovetail

@SDSimports

Reached out to Tisas CS on their website and mailed out the slide today to have them look at it. Hopefully turnaround isnt too bad Im itching to shoot this one

Got my slide back this week, oiled it and hit the range. 200rds without any malfunctions. So far so good. Based on my 1911s from Tisas the extractor will probably need some touch up after another range trip or so but the ejection is consistent enough for now

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top