Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/2/2011 8:19:39 AM EDT
Got my permit in the mil today! Its white and my number is more then ten but less then twenty! Mot sure of I should post the number.

Wow thatwas fast. I honestly thought it was going to take longer b!y handing them in person!

[:P
]
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 8:25:50 AM EDT
[#1]
YES!!!!! Awesome!!!   My bet was on you being the 1st one here to get one.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Funny thing, I open carry eveywhere. I do have it concealed right now only cause I can

Ill edit a pic of it when I get off work. I can't do it from my phone. He'll I can barely type from it. The check didn't post to my accost so they must ne shipping first.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny thing, I open carry eveywhere. I do have it concealed right now only cause I can

Ill edit a pic of it when I get off work. I can't do it from my phone. He'll I can barely type from it. The check didn't post to my accost so they must ne shipping first.

That's what I thought they'd do, because the application instructions said any check that "bounced"  would result in permit cancellation.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#4]
If it takes more than 10 days, i'm going to wish I made the trip to the DOJ on 11/1.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome, I hope I have mine by the 12th. I have to be in Madison on the 13th and I would sure like to be carrying.
They got it today so I am hoping they get it processed and out in the next 10 days.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats!!!

I knew i should have drove to the capitol.....
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 8:54:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If it takes more than 10 days, i'm going to wish I made the trip to the DOJ on 11/1.

I thought about it, but I wasn't even sure they'd accept them in person. I'm 250 miles away. That's a whole day off work, and with a E250 van or a 3/4 ton 4X4 GMC Sierra, about 35 gallons of gas for the 500 mile round-trip, plus parking, etc.  With no pay (at least $300) for the day, plus expenses ($150)... I could buy a new gun. I can wait.

I'll be happy enough if I get mine by the 19th (deer season opener). I carry a .45 Colt Blackhawk in the woods, and it'd be nice not to have to wear it in a shoulder holster outside my blaze orange parka.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I hate you.

Just kidding. That's freakin' awesome!!

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Congrats.
I knew I shoulda drove to Madtown.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations!

Lucky duck.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#11]
^^^^^  jealous ^^^^^
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Congrats!!!

I knew i should have drove to the capitol.....

x2, but I only have one vacation day left, so I didn't really want to use it for driving to Madison. We waited this long, a few more weeks won't kill us. Well, I suppose it could, if we get carjacked and shot because we didn't have a pistol to defend ourselves.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Of course, there are probably a dozen people running home for lunch to check the mail after reading this.

That and the rest of us who will be refreshing the browser "after work" to see what the permit looks like.

Go home for lunch man!!

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Congrats!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I am very happy for you, also very jealous , but happy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#16]
WOW... One day turn-around, from an in-person drop-off.

Mine will probably get there tomorrow in the mail in the middle of the crush. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes. If I get it in a week, I'll be floored.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am very happy for you, also very jealous , but happy.

+1 jerk.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Tag to see what the permit looks like.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Curious if it looks like the DL additional data card, just with different writing on it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey, remember when everyone dumped on the DOJ saying it would take weeks, and weeks, and weeks?

I won't hold my breath for the mea culpas on that one.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hey, remember when everyone dumped on the DOJ saying it would take weeks, and weeks, and weeks?

So now we need to suck someones dick everytime he have an opinion and it turns out wrong? Not gonna happen, and I am no less of a man because of it.

ETA the government is slow always has been. They do nothing in a hurry. People expect the governmet to be slow. The fact this happened does not negate the fact that virtually every other aspect of the government is slow. When the DOJ is sitting on 30,000 apps and it stretchs the wait time to 45 days or longer are you going to come on here with a grand apology? No you won't.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So now we need to suck someones dick everytime he have an opinion and it turns out wrong? Not gonna happen, and I am no less of a man because of it.

ETA the government is slow always has been. They do nothing in a hurry. People expect the governmet to be slow. The fact this happened does not negate the fact that virtually every other aspect of the government is slow. When the DOJ is sitting on 30,000 apps and it stretchs the wait time to 45 days or longer are you going to come on here with a grand apology? No you won't.

So far, all the pissing and moaning has turned out to be 100% wrong.  We'll see if people start to retract their comments about doom and gloom predictions.

Also, if the government is always slow, how do you explain them being fast on some things?  Maybe not 'always'...
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So far, all the pissing and moaning has turned out to be 100% wrong.  We'll see if people start to go back on their word.

Also, if the government is always slow, how do you explain them being fast on some things?  Maybe not 'always'...

Let me correct myself. Except for this ALL of my government experiences have ALL been slow.

I am not going to respond again I am sure I will say something that will get me banned. I am in that I don't give a fuck mood. So enjoy whatever you are trying to gain with your posts.

I really need to learn not to feed the trolls.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hey, it's only been one day, and only 150 or so "walk-ins" have been processed, because there hasn't been enough time for all the mail-ins to start arriving. Today's the day the defecation hits the rotary oscillator. They had 10,000 come in today's mail according to the media. How long before they get processed? How many will come tomorrow? I worked for USPS, so I know that very few post offices (except big cities) have more than one "pick-up" daily, and the one they have comes after closing... it's likely 2 days for 1st class mail to reach Madison from anywhere north of highway 10. They'll get another shitload tomorrow (including mine, which I mailed yesterday morning) when Wausau, Eau Claire, Green Bay USPS sorting centers' mail starts to get there. And another bunch will come the next day, and so on, until it trickles down. Expect another "surge" in early December when the 21 days kicks in.

I've been saying all along that I don't believe they'll intentionally "sit" on anybody's permit simply because they can, and that by the end of this week some people will have their permits in hand, and I was right.... but 18 people processing just ain't gonna get it done in 45 days, IMO. We'll see.

Edit to add: I was unaware they'd accept "walk-ins" until yesterday, so I believed all along that the 1st permits would be mailed out today or tomorrow, to start arriving tomorrow or the next day. The walk-in acceptance threw my own thinking's time-table off by a day. If they release the number of how many got processed today, if it's not at least 700-800, they'll never make it. The law said "45 days"... not 45 "business days". They gonna work weekends?

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, it's only been one day, and only 150 or so "walk-ins" have been processed, because there hasn't been enough time for all the mail-ins to start arriving. Today's the day the defecation hits the rotary oscillator. They had 10,000 come in today's mail according to the media. How long before they get processed? How many will come tomorrow? I worked for USPS, so I know that very few post offices (except big cities) have more than one "pick-up" daily, and the one they have comes after closing... it's likely 2 days for 1st class mail to reach Madison from anywhere north of highway 10. They'll get another shitload tomorrow (including mine, which I mailed yesterday morning) when Wausau, Eau Claire, Green Bay USPS sorting centers' mail starts to get there. And another bunch will come the next day, and so on, until it trickles down. Expect another "surge" in early December when the 21 days kicks in.

I've been saying all along that I don't believe they'll intentionally "sit" on anybody's permit simply because they can, and that by the end of this week some people will have their permits in hand, and I was right.... but 18 people processing just ain't gonna get it done in 45 days, IMO. We'll see.

Edit to add: I was unaware they'd accept "walk-ins" until yesterday, so I believed all along that the 1st permits would be mailed out today or tomorrow, to start arriving tomorrow or the next day. The walk-in acceptance threw my own thinking's time-table off by a day.

+1  Exactly what I was thinking, 18 people did 150 yesterday, and if I recall they didn't even mail all of good to go permits.  OP got his because he was smarter than the average bear and dropped his off.  I think today that there is a whole lot of "what are we going to do" going on with the number of applications.  

However I am stoked that mine is in the 10,000 today, so I know I will be among the first wave.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Told you it was between 10 and 20 .

Same exact size and thickness as a drivers license. Shiny plastic with the same  super thin sticker/laminate over just the front to protect the writing, just no holograms or watermarks.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Awesome!  I had to mail mine in, but still hoping I somehow get in the sub-1000 range.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Very cool.

Edit:  How did it come?  Just in an envelope with a DoJ return address or was it attached to some sheet of paper like a new credit card?
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Same exact size and thickness as a drivers license. Shiny plastic with the same  super thin sticker/laminate over just the front to protect the writing, just no holograms or watermarks.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2663/permitfront.jpg

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8392/permitback.jpg

Aw man, they smudged yours all up.

Looks good.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't think its going to be anygood with that silver paint marker all over it!
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same exact size and thickness as a drivers license. Shiny plastic with the same super thin sticker/laminate over just the front to protect the writing, just no holograms or watermarks.

Aw man, they smudged yours all up.

Looks good.

See, those f-in government workers.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
OP got his because he was smarter than the average bear and dropped his off.

LOL not really, just luck. At the time we figured that they would sit in the capitol while the mail man dropped off everyone elses at the DOJ headquarters. Up to a few days before, the policy was they had to be mailed in but one lady said we could drop them off. As far as we knew it was a one time deal for us because we bugged them, they seem to take them there now.

The only real reason I went was just to say we did it in person, with the belief it was going to be delayed. If it wasn't for the fact a group of us planned breakfast I wouldn't have traveled just to deliver it. Heck even after I got there I was outside for twenty minutes taking pictures and messing around with the guys, very few of us rushed to turn in the apps.

Quoted:  How did it come?  Just in an envelope with a DoJ return address or was it attached to some sheet of paper like a new credit card?

Just an envelope with DOJ return address. Card was glued like a credit card to the bottom of a page with some info on it. It also came with a trifold? brochure marked "Concealed Weapons License Information"

The envelope was postmarked Nov 1.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#34]
OK, so at 1500 cards per hour they bought a big boy card printer, probably the same brand as the DMV uses. Like a Datacard MX6000 card issuance system. That's 1500 cards per hour with color. But they bought some cheap ass PVC ID card stock, skipped the security overlay and took about 5 2 minutes to layout the design in the software.

I am underwhelmed. Not so much for use here but rather in other states. Looks fake. Not that it matters.

I could print one to match in my office here in about a minute. And add a fancy overlay in that!

BUT CONGRATS ON #15 and 11/1/11 issuance date, that is awesome!!!

ETA –– doesn't look like they even put a clear protective overlay on. If not, that will not hold up the dated life in a wallet.

I wonder if I can legally run it through overlay on a badge printer. Hmmmmmm
...  NVM, would help if I read the entire post.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OP got his because he was smarter than the average bear and dropped his off.

LOL not really, just luck. At the time we figured that they would sit in the capitol while the mail man dropped off everyone elses at the DOJ headquarters. Up to a few days before, the policy was they had to be mailed in but one lady said we could drop them off. As far as we knew it was a one time deal for us because we bugged them, they seem to take them there now.

The only real reason I went was just to say we did it in person, with the belief it was going to be delayed. If it wasn't for the fact a group of us planned breakfast I wouldn't have traveled just to deliver it. Heck even after I got there I was outside for twenty minutes taking pictures and messing around with the guys, very few of us rushed to turn in the apps.

Quoted: How did it come? Just in an envelope with a DoJ return address or was it attached to some sheet of paper like a new credit card?

Just an envelope with DOJ return address. Card was glued like a credit card to the bottom of a page with some info on it. It also came with a trifold? brochure marked "Concealed Weapons License Information"

The envelope was postmarked Nov 1.

First the pimp hand sign, now this. You are the official WI arfcom god.

If I die you can have dibs on my guns and women.

ETA –– you are guaranteed to be on every news channel at 10 if you tip them off you have your permit card already.  GUARANTEED.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#36]
For those who are Mall Ninjas amongst us:

CTD has one of these with your name on it...

Oooh, even better:  

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#37]
I thanked Iowa yesterday for making mine legal here
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I like the issue date. Kind of like those 'first date of issue' postage stamps.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If you're a WI resident then you Iowa non-resident permit is not valid in WI.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#40]
SP, thanks for posting pics, and congrats on being first.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OK, so at 1500 cards per hour they bought a big boy card printer, probably the same brand as the DMV uses. Like a Datacard MX6000 card issuance system. That's 1500 cards per hour with color. But they bought some cheap ass PVC ID card stock, skipped the security overlay and took about 5 2 minutes to layout the design in the software.

I am underwhelmed. Not so much for use here but rather in other states. Looks fake. Not that it matters.

I could print one to match in my office here in about a minute. And add a fancy overlay in that!

BUT CONGRATS ON #15 and 11/1/11 issuance date, that is awesome!!!

ETA –– doesn't look like they even put a clear protective overlay on. If not, that will not hold up the dated life in a wallet.

I wonder if I can legally run it through overlay on a badge printer. Hmmmmmm
...  NVM, would help if I read the entire post.  

That looks like a passport compared to my MN license that I laminated myself with book spine tape.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

http://cdn1.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/lgprod/TAC-109.jpg

Oooh, even better:  

http://i41.tinypic.com/1588tvs.jpg

Chicks dig it.  Might as well get both

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#43]
I hear the cop's wives have these issued to them. Uber-secret. Kept on the down-low.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://cdn1.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/lgprod/TAC-109.jpg

Oooh, even better:

http://i41.tinypic.com/1588tvs.jpg

Chicks dig it. Might as well get both

No, chicks dig this.  It is the only one guaranteed to get you laid.  DSM safety banner.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No, chicks dig this.  It is the only one guaranteed to get you laid.  DSM safety banner.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2exrfrp.jpg

Damn.. I totally forgot about the "Miss CCW" pageant. It was never the same after Dick Clarke had his stroke and couldn't MC it anymore. Tom Bergeron has his moments, but ehhh... The "magic" just isn't there anymore.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're a WI resident then you Iowa non-resident permit is not valid in WI.

Officer discretion probably says it is  And that's only if you get made.

I was kinda expecting better card for the money..  Think I'd rather just have them add a W endorsement to my license
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, chicks dig this. It is the only one guaranteed to get you laid. DSM safety banner.

Damn.. I totally forgot about the "Miss CCW" pageant. It was never the same after Dick Clarke had his stroke and couldn't MC it anymore. Tom Bergeron has his moments, but ehhh... The "magic" just isn't there anymore.

Yum. Kind of conflicts with the tattoo though.

But you wouldn't notice it if she's laying on her back.

Not sure what's up with the dude wallet in her back pocket.

Points for effective use of the vehicle for cover.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
No, chicks dig this. It is the only one guaranteed to get you laid. DSM safety banner.

http://i43.tinypic.com/rhu52v.jpg

nice butt.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i43.tinypic.com/rhu52v.jpg

nice butt.

Thanks.  

Oh, you mean the woman in the picture.

Nevermind.

I more closely resemble the test-dummy on the ground.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So far, all the pissing and moaning has turned out to be 100% wrong.  We'll see if people start to go back on their word.

Let me correct myself. Except for this ALL of my government experiences have ALL been slow.

I am not going to respond again I am sure I will say something that will get me banned. I am in that I don't give a fuck mood. So enjoy whatever you are trying to gain with your posts.

I really need to learn not to feed the trolls.

You both need to quit the nit picking bullshit. Couple of fucking women or what??!! (sorry to any women).

You both need to jump in the shower, wash the sand out of your va j j's and come out as friends. I know neither one of you will never agree with each other on training, but you are both on similar sides.

Couple of fucking 'ginas. Wow.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top