Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:09:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C_Swimm] [#1]
I just found out about this. My buddy and I were planning on shooting the 3 gun match Sunday at Dead Zero and we were looking for a good excuse to drive down from Clarksville and stay in Mcminville Saturday night. I think we just found our excuse.

My buddy is an ARFCOM member from 2003 but doesn't post much outside of EE. Screen name "avrgr" he is a firearms instructor for the Army on FT Campbell and has been a long time competition shooter. He has offered to bring a VTAC Barricade and a few steel targets. One for rifle and two for pistol. We will be a bit limited on space in the truck since we will have all our 3 gun gear for the match on Sunday, but we will try to bring a couple of cool guns too.

Not sure what we can bring for potluck. It will have be something we can pick up on the way. We will bring a Yeti cooler full of waters at least.

Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Gun Cat recently posted this video about avrgr aka Tony Ely

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/You-know-Tony-Ely-don-t-you-/38-673965/
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ll be there with C_Swimm.  Looking forward to having a good time shooting.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#4]
We are getting a TON of rain right now and more expected over the next few days. If the parking area at the range gets bad I’ll probably call for a postponement.  We’ve gotten a few trucks stuck out there and I really don’t want to rut the parking area all up.

Keep an eye out here for updates. Let’s hope the weather holds off.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:14:35 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah looking like a lot of rain between now and the weekend, will keep an eye on the thread
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 6:49:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pukindog] [#6]
If this happens (rain?) I will bring a spam can of Garand ammo so people can take a few shots if they are interested. I will also bring my black powder Colt Walker replica in case anyone is interested in trying one.

I do not own any NFA items, but I have almost 1 of every other type, including an AR lower with a binary trigger if anyone wants to snap it onto their upper and give it a try.

If anyone can think of anything else they want to try, if I have got one I will bring it.

ETA: I also have some portable shooting tables Mr. Clovis Chtitwood (above) and I built nearly 20 years I ago I could bring if you think they might be needed.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#7]
We need the rain so I won't complain if it happens on Saturday.

We are good either way. Looks like it'll just be me and my oldest. I'll definitely bring 22/9mm/45/5.56 ammo. I'll bring the 45-70 and a couple boxes of Garand-spec 30-06. Honestly, most of our guns are pretty boring. I'll bring a couple .22lrs for sure, in case any kids show up.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a Thompson SMG that all are welcome to shoot. Please bring quality, factory-made .45 acp, no MaxxTech or Hansen.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pukindog:
If this happens (rain?) I will bring a spam can of Garand ammo so people can take a few shots if they are interested. I will also bring my black powder Colt Walker replica in case anyone is interested in trying one.

I do not own any NFA items, but I have almost 1 of every other type, including an AR lower with a binary trigger if anyone wants to snap it onto their upper and give it a try.

If anyone can think of anything else they want to try, if I have got one I will bring it.

ETA: I also have some portable shooting tables Mr. Clovis Chtitwood (above) and I built nearly 20 years I ago I could bring if you think they might be needed.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116588/tables01_jpg-3270067.JPG
View Quote

* I *believe* that is Dr. Mark Phillips (aka QCMGR) in the background.  RIP.  

I have no idea who the asshole is in the yellow jersey.

Link Posted: 7/18/2024 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By arowneragain:
We need the rain so I won't complain if it happens on Saturday.

We are good either way. Looks like it'll just be me and my oldest. I'll definitely bring 22/9mm/45/5.56 ammo. I'll bring the 45-70 and a couple boxes of Garand-spec 30-06. Honestly, most of our guns are pretty boring. I'll bring a couple .22lrs for sure, in case any kids show up.
View Quote

Dueling 45-70's it shall be!

I'll bring a few toys, I can't decide which ones yet. I think I'm coming down with lever fever and it could be contagious.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Merlin:

https://i.imgur.com/EHtYJ9E.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9l91Mk3.jpg

View Quote

That's me in the background taking a picture of some dude Shooting my Colt Walker replica

Link Posted: 7/18/2024 11:07:32 PM EDT
[#12]

That's me in the background taking a picture of some dude Shooting my Colt Walker replica

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Merlin:

https://i.imgur.com/EHtYJ9E.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9l91Mk3.jpg

Link Posted: 7/19/2024 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Disregard my message, my Alaska trip is back on. C_Swim, Tony and Russ will have to have all the fun for me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I won't launch any primers in my forehead without you, boo
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Starting to load up the truck for this. Do we have a final weather call before I get too far into it?
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Looking like scattered thunderstorms tomorrow
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I REALLY hate to do this, but I'm gonna call it for rain.  I just went out to the range and the ground is "ok" from the rain earlier in the week, but there is more rain coming, both today and tomorrow according to the forecasts  (it's raining just to the south of us).  When the parking area gets wet, it gets soft and MUDDY and vehicles get stuck and the ground gets tore up and then it beats me to death trying to mow it.  And if it's raining tomorrow, I don't think we have enough canopies to put all of us and all of our guns under.

What do folks think about pushing to next weekend?  Or do we look for a date in the fall.

Let me know your thoughts.

Link Posted: 7/19/2024 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Works for me!  I can focus on Cola Warrior.

Of course, looks like Cola Warrior is gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#19]
No problem on the rain cancellation. Totally understandable.

I already have plans for next weekend (07-27-24) so I cannot make it then, but I would appreciate an @ if you plan it for later.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Totally understand and we’re about 80% on next weekend!
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Sylvan:

Of course, looks like Cola Warrior is gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
View Quote

Moist
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Sylvan:

View Quote

If it rains, that'll just help to wash the puke away faster.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#23]
it is what it is, I can make it next weekend, but sometime this fall would be good too
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By kcobean:
I REALLY hate to do this, but I'm gonna call it for rain.  I just went out to the range and the ground is "ok" from the rain earlier in the week, but there is more rain coming, both today and tomorrow according to the forecasts  (it's raining just to the south of us).  When the parking area gets wet, it gets soft and MUDDY and vehicles get stuck and the ground gets tore up and then it beats me to death trying to mow it.  And if it's raining tomorrow, I don't think we have enough canopies to put all of us and all of our guns under.

What do folks think about pushing to next weekend?  Or do we look for a date in the fall.

Let me know your thoughts.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2024 3:55:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheBeaverRetriever] [#25]
Totally understandable Kelly. Give the word and I'll make it happen. Fall runs in line with deer season but let's face it, it isn't like I'll shoot anything this year either
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Hate to hear about the postponement, but I have to work anyway.  

Please keep us posted about the new date.  

Thanks,

Scott
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#27]
See y'all next weekend then.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Whatever date works for the OP is good with me. As of right now, all of my weekends are wide open. I don't like the plan too much in advance .

At least I got some of my target stuff dragged out and put back together. I just moved a few months back, and some things are still that is organized as I would like.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

Hard to see in a still photo, but it’s raining HEAVILY and very windy and some thunder/lightning.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2024 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Meanwhile it's sunny and low 80's in Atoka. Darn the luck
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 8:45:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheBeaverRetriever] [#31]
Attachment Attached File

This is the forecast for the next week at your place, Kelly. We may need to discuss alternate ideas for a fall get-together.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top