Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 55
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to thank you guys for contributing to this post , great info and up to date news , keep it going
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NZT:
I mean really, what is it that gives public safety the trump card (no pun) over a Constitutional Right?
View Quote
Well, he's stated on record that the Bill of Rights are above his paygrade. So he's touting his so called accomplishments to his low information and ill informed voters in the hopes they'll put him in the White House. All while poking, prodding and curtailing our rights in the name of safety every chance he gets. You know, things tyrants do.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a video from GFH going over the new procedures in applying for your permit.

Gun For Hire Owner Matt Gets His Carry Permit: Murphys Killer Carry Bill Updates - Part 4

Part 4 of Matt's Carry Permit Journey

*Disclaimer: Things are changing DAILY. Please contact your local PD to see how they plan on processing these. Every town is different. This is general recommendations based on the current information we have.

On December 22, 2022 Governor Murphy signed into law some changes to the Permit To Carry Application Process:

Notable Changes
- It is 2 money orders totaling $200, not a $50 money order
- You need 4 references not 3
- The judges have been removed from the process

When applying now, you actually need 6 copies of the application to accommodate for the 4th reference.
- We have spoken with the State Police and confirmed these changes, however, the State Police confirmed that they will NOT be updating the form as it will be online in the FARS system in June.
- 3 of the applications will be filled out front/back with 3 references
- 3 of the applications will be filled out front/back with 1 reference
- We highly recommend having all 6 copies of the application notarized to avoid any future issues
- References can no longer be related by blood or law.
- References will also be subject to interviews. It is unclear if these interviews are in person, via zoom, or phone.

Money Order:
- $50 Money order made payable to The State of New Jersey - Treasurer AND a $150 money order made payable your local township.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By creeper45:
I'd like to thank you guys for contributing to this post , great info and up to date news , keep it going
View Quote

The i386 computer that is used to serve this normally desolate hometown forum must be melting away over the past few months. More activity here since I've been a member. Even taking into account when the NY and NJ forums were combined.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Demeroma:

Here's a video from GFH going over the new procedures in applying for your permit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmfy3QiQmR4

View Quote

He stated that you only need to qualify with one gun when applying? Since when?
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Not really a big deal. i guess i dont have to mess with this till renewal. and it may be ten references by then.

i didnt know what to do originally so i walked around work asking who would be references ?
and i was surprised a handful where like ill do it. LOL, maybe they thought no way id get it.....my town asked for reference letters also.

so they had to write that out... Tom is a good guy , known him all these years etc. i guess when  they need help next
time ill get right on it... lol and how hard can they make the Quals ? anyone who shoots kinda regularly should have zero problems.
they cant make it dangerous, like room clearing drills etc. and we do all that now. my opinion dont say messed up stuff on social media.
dont get Red Flagged. DWI etc and renewal wont be a problem. PA is five years , i think my last FL was seven. Utah can renew online and upload a pic.
i had New Hampshire but i let it expire. i dont go up that way so i may not renew it. its $100 for four years. im mostly in PA , i dont really take trips
to anywhere at this point in life. three hours one way is about as far as i want to go anymore.

check states you want to go to. PA non resident isnt honored in many, but with the home state permit you can get others now.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#7]
my opinion on gun quals is i only use and carry one. i know the glock 19 like the back of my hand.
i have a glock 20 for hiking in PA. ill carry that open on my buddys land. but for all day carry its the 19.
just my personal preference. not right not wrong, not telling anyone else what to carry. to me its the AK47 reliability of handguns.

its easy to carry. easy to shoot. im not into having a bunch of guns to carry. its about feel . muscle memory etc. its not
a fashion statement. in the end its a tool to hopefully save your life if ever comes to that. its not a game. look at me...etc.
ill post a pic
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#9]
i also have a small lockable case if you have to stow it in the vehicle. places dont want carry.
and of course i switch out to 15 round mags in PA, but dont forget to switch back to tens crossing back over.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:

The i386 computer that is used to serve this normally desolate hometown forum must be melting away over the past few months. More activity here since I've been a member. Even taking into account when the NY and NJ forums were combined.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By creeper45:

I thought it was a Commodore 64 in the old NY/NJ Forums.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#11]

He stated that you only need to qualify with one gun when applying? Since when?
View Quote
The moment the carry killer bill was signed into law

As for those with court orders restricting them to only the guns they qualified with, now that the judges are out of the equation, and the restricted permits weren't grandfathered in the new law, then those persons should also be able to carry any gun they own. Again, I'm not a lawyer and this is New Jersey we're dealing with.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 5:21:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
my opinion on gun quals is i only use and carry one. i know the glock 19 like the back of my hand.
i have a glock 20 for hiking in PA. ill carry that open on my buddys land. but for all day carry its the 19.
just my personal preference. not right not wrong, not telling anyone else what to carry. to me its the AK47 reliability of handguns.

its easy to carry. easy to shoot. im not into having a bunch of guns to carry. its about feel . muscle memory etc. its not
a fashion statement. in the end its a tool to hopefully save your life if ever comes to that. its not a game. look at me...etc.
ill post a pic
View Quote
You're right about learning the manual of arms for your particular gun and muscle memory plays an important part too but it's good to have a backup in case your primary weapon ever needs to go in for repair. And being that NJ only allows 2 guns to be carried at one time, It wouldn't hurt to have a spare gun whether on your body or at home if your primary is ever out of commission.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#13]
i been thinking about that. maybe buy another glock 19
lightly used one or something
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Since this is now show and tell.....

L to R:

An old Charter Arms 38 spcl in a Mitch Rosen holster; a new Glock 48 9mm in a Bravo and an old Kimber 1911 45acp in a Milt Sparks Versamax II.
All inside the waist band.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:27:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#15]
i been thinking about that. maybe buy another glock 19
lightly used one or something
View Quote
The Glock 48 mos I have is like a baby 19. Slimmer but with only 10 round oem mags. There are 15 round after market mags but they're hit or miss and you'd need to change out the stock mag release for a metal one so as not to wear out the plastic mag release. Go with what you're good and comfortable with.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:33:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#16]
Murphy won't be happy if non-violent felons can possibly soon get and carry guns.

GREAT #2A NEWS: UNLIKELY ALLIES Come To 2A's Rescue in MAJOR FEDERAL APPEALS CASE....

A group of FEDERAL PUBLIC DEFENDER offices have submitted an Amicus Brief in the Third Circuit Court of Appeals supporting the right to keep and bear arms in the pending appellate case of RANGE V. GARLAND.  The Court of Appeals in the RANGE case will be considering whether the application of 18 USC 922g to non-violent felons violates the 2nd Amendment
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#17]
is the 48 a 9 milliy ?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93999/P_20230114_163648_LL_p-2672210.jpg

L to R:

An old Charter Arms 38 spcl in a Mitch Rosen holster; a new Glock 48 9mm in a Bravo and an old Kimber 1911 45acp in a Milt Sparks Versamax II.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:11:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#18]
The moment the carry killer bill was signed into law

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93999/324091985_1162368374467361_5727008148172-2672026.jpg

As for those with court orders restricting them to only the guns they qualified with, now that the judges are out of the equation, and the restricted permits weren't grandfathered in the new law, then those persons should also be able to carry any gun they own. Again, I'm not a lawyer and this is New Jersey we're dealing with.

View Quote

Interesting. I'd imagine any cop I run into is going to have a shit fit either way, but doubly so if my pistol doesn't match the serial on my court order. I will probably have to send a letter to the court for clarification.

FTR, I shoot m&ps exclusively for my self defense HGs. The size is pretty irrelevant between the FS and compact. I qualified with my FS and shield though, as I hadn't bothered to buy a compact in light of never being able to carry. I am now in the market for a compact.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:22:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#19]
is the 48 a 9 milliy ?

View All Quotes
is the 48 a 9 milliy ?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93999/P_20230114_163648_LL_p-2672210.jpg

L to R:

Yes. Also, the 48 takes different mags, single stack vs the 19's double stack ones.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:40:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#20]

Interesting. I'd imagine any cop I run into is going to have a shit fit either way, but doubly so if my pistol doesn't match the serial on my court order. I will probably have to send a letter to the court for clarification.

FTR, I shoot m&ps exclusively for my self defense HGs. The size is pretty irrelevant between the FS and compact. I qualified with my FS and shield though, as I hadn't bothered to buy a compact in light of never being able to carry. I am now in the market for a compact.
View Quote
I've heard 3rd party that Evan Nappen says we can carry any gun we own but I've not seen anything direct from Nappen. Guess I should listen to his podcasts or go to one of his seminars to see if he mentions it.

Some of the new permits are mostly blank on the back, no check boxes for unrestricted, restricted or see court order. Don't know if that's county specific or state wide but the carry killer law basically makes all permits unrestricted. If I had a court order or specific weapons listed, I'd stick with the restrictions until I was able to somehow get them removed or wait the 2 years until I renew at the police department. But that's me. I don't know what others will do.

Now that it's required that we have to notify any cop we're carrying I hope the cops have been briefed on how to handle the situation with us and not give us a hard time or demand to search our cars.

eta:  on todays GFH radio podcast at about the 1:09 hour mark Anthony mentioned that per the new law you can carry any gun you own but per his conversations with criminal defense attorneys they'd thank you if you qualified with every gun you carry.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:49:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#21]
Gun For Hire Radio #608
Attorney Daniel Schmutter in the studio to share with us his latest victory and the winning path we are on! (spoiler) It's looking real good.
View Quote

eta:

Gun For Hire Radio #608 2A Attorney Daniel Schmutter in the studio to share with us his victory

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 8:48:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#22]
I've heard 3rd party that Evan Nappen says we can carry any gun we own but I've not seen anything direct from Nappen. Guess I should listen to his podcasts or go to one of his seminars to see if he mentions it.

Some of the new permits are mostly blank on the back, no check boxes for unrestricted, restricted or see court order. Don't know if that's county specific or state wide but the carry killer law basically makes all permits unrestricted. If I had a court order or specific weapons listed, I'd stick with the restrictions until I was able to somehow get them removed or wait the 2 years until I renew at the police department. But that's me. I don't know what others will do.

Now that it's required that we have to notify any cop we're carrying I hope the cops have been briefed on how to handle the situation with us and not give us a hard time or demand to search our cars.

eta:  on todays GFH radio podcast at about the 1:09 hour mark Anthony mentioned that per the new law you can carry any gun you own but per his conversations with criminal defense attorneys they'd thank you if you qualified with every gun you carry.
View Quote

I am beginning to be of the mind that nappen is pretty useless. He made his fame with a book that explains NJ's crazy firearms laws, which has been out of print for decades. I'm not really clear on what, if anything, he's done since. Besides leaving NJ decades ago. Could be totally wrong on that but every time I see his name and what he's doing, I'm relatively unimpressed.

Regarding cops and whether or not they have been briefed. I think it's going to be a total shit show. I'd expect getting worked over in many/most situations. Plan to be pulled out of your car, plan to be disarmed, plan to be treated like a threat/criminal. I highly doubt they're getting told to treat a gun owner with respect, if they're being told anything at all.

Lastly, GFH. Look I get what he's saying. But please. He's saying that because he has been making a lot of money off this. This is the first time I've ever heard someone mention getting papers on each gun you own. If that was standard practice there would be 87 40 page threads on arfcom arguing about it. While he probably does more good than harm, color me surprised that a guy that charges $200 to have someone watch you send 75 rounds down range for 6 minutes also should tell you why he wants you to give him an extra $35 per gun and advertise it as legal advice.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#23]

I am beginning to be of the mind that nappen is pretty useless. He made his fame with a book that explains NJ's crazy firearms laws, which has been out of print for decades. I'm not really clear on what, if anything, he's done since. Besides leaving NJ decades ago. Could be totally wrong on that but every time I see his name and what he's doing, I'm relatively unimpressed.

Regarding cops and whether or not they have been briefed. I think it's going to be a total shit show. I'd expect getting worked over in many/most situations. Plan to be pulled out of your car, plan to be disarmed, plan to be treated like a threat/criminal. I highly doubt they're getting told to treat a gun owner with respect, if they're being told anything at all.

Lastly, GFH. Look I get what he's saying. But please. He's saying that because he has been making a lot of money off this. This is the first time I've ever heard someone mention getting papers on each gun you own. If that was standard practice there would be 87 40 page threads on arfcom arguing about it. While he probably does more good than harm, color me surprised that a guy that charges $200 to have someone watch you send 75 rounds down range for 6 minutes also should tell you why he wants you to give him an extra $35 per gun and advertise it as legal advice.
View Quote

I've never met Nappen but I know he charges $5k for anyone needing his services. He's been going around the state with his US Lawshield seminars which I've not attended but if anyone has been to one please let us know what you thought. From my understanding is that he's on retainer with the Anjrpc so if you're a member you can call his office to ask a question so that's not a bad deal. He'll still charge you the big bucks if you want his services but it's probably cheaper if you join US lawshield for their legal services.

As for cops, I'm not looking forward to any interaction with them especially if I'm carrying. Might be a good idea to video any interactions with them if ever stopped.

I've seen Colandro at his range but never talked with him. He's definitely making money with all the training and quals and would make more if we qual with every gun we own. I can see his point but it's not the law. Reminds me of the old internet arguments that if you ever modify your gun you'll have a harder time defending yourself in court if you ever have to use it in a self defense situation. As far as I know that's never happened. Bottom line is to follow the law and do what you think is right for yourself.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:36:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#24]
Speaking of Nappen, here's his latest podcast.

Where can I carry, where not

Episode 116

And it's important, extremely important, to know that the sensitive places that we're going to be discussing apply not only to handguns, not only to your carry permit, your permit to carry a handgun under New Jersey law. Not only to that, but it also applies to your long arms. It applies to rifles and shotguns that you are transporting with a Firearms ID Card, unloaded in your vehicle. It even applies to those. So, the old days when you would have much more freedom to transport your unloaded rifles and shotguns, as we've discussed on Gun Lawyer under the rifle and shotgun trap, you now have prohibitions that apply in the same way because they use the word "firearm".
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:38:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#26]

Snip...

As for cops, I'm not looking forward to any interaction with them especially if I'm carrying. Might be a good idea to video any interactions with them if ever stopped.

Snip.
View Quote

I remember in the 2000s when I first started reading about CC in other states. Lots of stories about people being pulled from cars at gun point, disarmed, berated, etc. These were growing pains of states relinquishing power to the people. I expect it to be that on steroids here in the People's Republic. And yes, videoing interactions is probably a requirement, and everyone should repeat after me, "I don't answer questions."

Eventually LEOs got accustomed to it, shit I got pulled over on I77 in NC back in 2017 with my non-res FL permit while carrying. The statie, who was clearly looking for any reason to jamb me up ("71 in a 65") and examined all 3 child seats for violations , when told of my carry status told me "don't touch yours and I won't touch mine." We parted ways and life went on.

Anyways, NJ is going to go through these growing pains as well. Pepper your agnuses.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#27]

I remember in the 2000s when I first started reading about CC in other states. Lots of stories about people being pulled from cars at gun point, disarmed, berated, etc. These were growing pains of states relinquishing power to the people. I expect it to be that on steroids here in the People's Republic. And yes, videoing interactions is probably a requirement, and everyone should repeat after me, "I don't answer questions."

Eventually LEOs got accustomed to it, shit I got pulled over on I77 in NC back in 2017 with my non-res FL permit while carrying. The statie, who was clearly looking for any reason to jamb me up ("71 in a 65") and examined all 3 child seats for violations , when told of my carry status told me "don't touch yours and I won't touch mine." We parted ways and life went on.

Anyways, NJ is going to go through these growing pains as well. Pepper your agnuses.
View All Quotes

Snip...

Snip.

nj is going to just keep throwing shit against the wall until they get what they want.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

nj is going to just keep throwing shit against the wall until they get what they want.
View Quote
It's up to good men to put a stop to that. No?

I remember the first time I was open carrying in Newport News, Va. This was in the early '80s. I stopped at the local store to pick up some smokes and as I was walking out a police officer was walking in. Having been born and raised in NYC I was paranoid to say the least. Anyway, the officer saw my holstered gun, nodded to me, I nodded back and that was that.

One time I got pulled over after midnight by a state trooper in Virginia. I was doing 80 in a 55. I Had my gun on the passenger seat. I nearly crapped my pants when the trooper asked to me step out of my car and take a walk back to his car. I figured I was being cuffed and stuffed. He opened his passenger door and told me to have a seat. Yes, not in the back but right next to him in the front seat.

He got back into the drivers seat and we wound up talking for about 30 minutes about what I did in the Navy and his former job in the Marines. Yes, he saw my gun but didn't even mention it. I did get ticketed and paid close to $100 for that experience.

In Brooklyn, I was pulled over quite a bit, had my car searched and even had guns pointed at me during one stop. I fit a certain profile you could say, long hair, etc.  Right or wrong, I always complied and got to go on my way. And no, I wasn't armed at those times.

So no doubt there will be plenty to get used to in NJ for the cops and those that carry and need to disclose they're doing so.  I'd really like to see the cops here in NJ handle such matters the way Virginia cops handled me but that probably won't happen if ever. I just don't want to be treated the way the NYPD treated me in the past.

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Those pesky permit to carry people at it again (sarcasm off)

Wawa Shootout: Police Release Details In Terrifying Ewing Incident

An argument broke out between patrons at the Silvia Street store in Ewing around 3:25 a.m., at which point workers asked them to leave, police said.
One person stayed inside of the store and shot at someone who had left but was coming back inside, police said. The person re-entering returned fire, however, no one was struck.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:03:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I was under the mistaken impression that the "duty to inform"  a police officer was in effect.

I was wrong.

Section 5 of A4769 does not go into effect until July.

Section 5 contains these:

1) Duty to Inform
2) Carrying while intoxicated (not recommended even before July)

So there's no "duty to "inform" until July.

Mea Culpa

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Sharing a post by Kurt Lundy on FB on this MLK jr. day.

Today is even more of a reason to keep up the fight. In 1956, after many attacks and threats, Martin Luther King Jr applied for a carry permit in Alabama. He was subsequently denied by the County Shierff. He was deemed "UNSUITABLE". A Black man that simply wanted to defend himself and his family from violence and racism. Something that he eventually succumbed to. So when we hear people like Jim Crow McKeon, on record say out right racist and distasteful remarks about people in predominantly minority neighborhoods, or when the AG and Governor defend and sign some of the worse pieces of legislation in United States history, or worse, when people like Joe Danielsen who draft and put their name and reputations on egregious bills like A4769 but look us all in the face and says that hes our "Gun Guy" it should be a constant reminder to us all who's side the legislators and other elected officials are on. These lefties want to disarm, restrict and punish us while supporting and continuously letting criminals back out on the street to terrorize us.

But little did they know, 2023 is a New Year and a big year for us all. I'm predicting this year will be the 3rd greatest time of the 2nd Amendment. 2nd place being the Bruen Decision. Now that we have Bruen, the days of justifiable need are OVER!!!!!! If he was still alive, at the age of 94, Dr. King would be able to obtain his carry permit any where in this country.

Dr. Kings contributions has affected myself and millions of others and today he will be Honored
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#32]
i know a dude that had a 30 round mag in south jersey. Nappen wouldnt take the case.. thats tells me all i need to know about good ol Evan.
i like how he says if your going to carry please qualify lol ... cha ching....lol

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Even though this is a NY case it's still relevant to us here in the PRNJ.

Man Ignores New York Gun Ban & SAVES LIVES BUT Will Governor Have Him Charged

Man Ignores New York Gun Ban & SAVES LIVES…BUT Will Governor Have Him Charged

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#34]
The following cases aren't about ccw but of interest to us all.

Found on reddit

UPDATE: ANJRPC - Magazine Ban & Assault Weapon Ban Suits | Consolidation Hearing

On January 25, 2023, 11am, there will be Oral Arguments via Telephone on the Consolidation Motion, in front of Judge Sherridan. The NJ AG Office Attorney is Stuart Feinblatt, Asst. AG

1. ANJRPC, No. 18-cv-10507, Judge Peter G. Sheridan

2. Cheeseman, No. 22-cv-4360 - Judge Renee Marie Bumb

3. Ellman, No. 22-cv-4397 - Judge Freda L. Wolfson (Chief Justice)

In Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs, Inc., et al. v. Attorney General New Jersey, et al., No. 18-cv-10507, Plaintiffs ask this Court to enjoin enforcement of New Jersey's regulation of large capacity magazines ("LCMs")2 and declare it unconstitutional under the Second, Fifth, and Fourteenth Amendments.

In Cheeseman, et al. v. Platkin, et al., No. 22-cv-4360, and Ellman, et al. v. Platkin, et al., No. 22-cv-4397, Plaintiffs seek the same relief as to New Jersey's law regulating assault firearms pursuant to the Second and Fourteenth Amendments.

ANJRPC_v_Platkin_128_Motion_to_Consoidate.pdf (nationbuilder.com)

In short, ANJRPC, Cheeseman, and Ellman:

Challenge New Jersey statutes that concern dangerous weapons and munitions capable of inflicting a broad amount of damage;

Have overlapping defendants, plaintiffs, and plaintiffs' counsel;

Allege violations of the Plaintiffs' Second and Fourteenth Amendment rights;

Seek declaratory and injunctive relief;

Are in similar procedural postures, with operative complaints having been filed recently and having just begun or are about to begin fact and expert discovery.

Ellman Complaint: Microsoft Word - P0172612.DOCX (ymaws.com)
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 1:42:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#35]
Fwiw for those Gloucester county

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

And that confirms it...  qualify w/ the Ruger Mk.IV, carry the .50AE Desert Eagle  
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:57:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#37]
Thanks to FJD the no drinking, smoking weed, etc. while carrying doesn't go into effect until July.

eta: Those "no gun" signs have no criminal penalty.  So far.

All they can do is ask you to leave and trespass you if you don't.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Tom488:

And that confirms it...  qualify w/ the Ruger Mk.IV, carry the .50AE Desert Eagle  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tom488:

Meanwhile in Monmouth county...

What a joke.

Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#39]
thank god i dont live there, i would be looking to move asap.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#40]
thank god i dont live there, i would be looking to move asap.
View Quote
But...but...but...Monmouth is a red county.

I'm seeing posts on different forums about guys that applied in early December and were already issued their ptc.  
I applied in September in Monmouth and still waiting.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 4:29:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SonofLiberty1775] [#41]
I intend to apply for a non-resident permit. I sent an email asking for clarification on who/where training is supposed to come from, i.e. in state or what.
Fwiw, Here is the response I just got from the Firearms Investigative Unit:
"Good afternoon,
Any nationally recognized instructor can run you through a standard pistol course.  You do not need a Firearms ID card at this point; however, the Gov passed new legislation that will go into effect in seven months from now changing the rules."
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 5:51:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#42]
Hearing Next Thursday!

Oral Argument for Siegel TRO will be on Thursday, January 26, 2023, at 11:30AM

TEXT ORDER The Court will hear oral argument on the pending Motion for a Temporary Restraining Order by the Siegel Plaintiffs on Thursday, January 26, 2023, at 11:30AM. The hearing will take place in Courtroom 3D, Mitchell H. Cohen Courthouse. So Ordered by Judge Renee Marie Bumb on 01/18/2023. (Costigan, Roberta) (Entered: 01/18/2023)
View Quote

Also looks like Angela Cai is being replaced by David Chen to represent the state of NJ.
Probably has something to do with the comments made to judge Williams about judge Bumb making the wrong decision with the TRO.

Siegel - Appearance of Counsel

Koons - Appearance of Counsel
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SonofLiberty1775:
I intend to apply for a non-resident permit. I sent an email asking for clarification on who/where training is supposed to come from, i.e. in state or what.
"Good afternoon,
Any nationally recognized instructor can run you through a standard pistol course.  You do not need a Firearms ID card at this point; however, the Gov passed new legislation that will go into effect in seven months from now changing the rules."
View Quote
That's interesting. On page 7 or 8 of this thread  MDGunSmith from out of state had to apply for a FID and eventually got his NJ permit to carry.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 8:52:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#44]
That's interesting. On page 7 or 8 of this thread  MDGunSmith from out of state had to apply for a FID and eventually got his NJ permit to carry.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SonofLiberty1775:
"Good afternoon,

According to the njsp the only way to obtain an FID as an out of stater is to have dual residency. Under the faq section for CCW on the njsp website it does not mention anything about having to obtain an FID.

So it would seem, people out of state can obtain a nj ccw much easier as they don't have to follow all the same rules as actual residents of the state.

Fuck this state. Few more weeks and I'm out of here, sold my house and put an offer on one in PA this week.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#45]

According to the njsp the only way to obtain an FID as an out of stater is to have dual residency. Under the faq section for CCW on the njsp website it does not mention anything about having to obtain an FID.

So it would seem, people out of state can obtain a nj ccw much easier as they don't have to follow all the same rules as actual residents of the state.

Fuck this state. Few more weeks and I'm out of here, sold my house and put an offer on one in PA this week.
View All Quotes

I didn't know that non-residents weren't required to obtain a FID before a PTC.

Just wanted to clarify that non-residents can get a FID if they're willing to shell out the bucks. Could help having one if they want to transport long guns or buy ammo in NJ. Or am I missing something?

How do you obtain a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or a Permit to Purchase a Handgun?

You must apply through your local police department. If you do not have a local police department you must apply through the New Jersey State Police station that covers your municipality.  Out of State residents may only apply for a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card through the New Jersey State Police (excluding toll roads, stations on the New Jersey Turnpike, Garden State Parkway, and Atlantic City Expressway).

NJSP Faqs

Congrats on the sale of your house. Where in PA are you looking to move? I might tag along.

Link Posted: 1/18/2023 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Congrats!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:40:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Just wanted to clarify that non-residents can get a FID if they're willing to shell out the bucks. Could help having one if they want to transport long guns or buy ammo in NJ. Or am I missing something?

NJSP Faqs

Congrats on the sale of your house. Where in PA are you looking to move? I might tag along.

View All Quotes

How do you obtain a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or a Permit to Purchase a Handgun?

You must apply through your local police department. If you do not have a local police department you must apply through the New Jersey State Police station that covers your municipality.  Out of State residents may only apply for a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card through the New Jersey State Police (excluding toll roads, stations on the New Jersey Turnpike, Garden State Parkway, and Atlantic City Expressway).

NJSP Faqs

Thanks. We’re going to Pike county. Just over the border since I’d still have to commute for work.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#48]

Congrats!!!
View All Quotes

Congrats!!!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Thanks. We're going to Pike county. Just over the border since I'd still have to commute for work.
View Quote
Pike county is nice. The commute will suck in bad weather but it'll be worth it when at the end of the day you're in a free state.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 12:38:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Here's an email posted on reddit from the Administrative Office of the Courts

Response from the AOC

See email below that I just received from the AOC office. It is in regards to carrying legally owned guns not specifically listed on permit or Court Order. I asked if there would be a Statewide directive handed down to clarify the issue. I was given specific permission by Mr. Patterson to share this.

Mr. xxxx,

Thanks for your understanding on our call yesterday. To recap, since the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Bruen*, the New Jersey courts have received an enormous number of carry permit applications. While we no longer issue permits to carry that were not already with the court upon the effective date of the recent legislation (December 22, 2022), we are still working through our carry permits that were pending prior to that date. We are trying to process those as quickly as possible. Additionally, many questions have come up after* Bruen and the Legislature's new carry permitting law that have yet to be fully answered. The Administrative Office of the Courts remains impartial to open legal questions until they are answered by subsequent law or binding appellate precedent.

To your question posed below, this issue was considered while drafting Directive #14-22. However, we ultimately determined that the issue was a matter of legal and statutory interpretation that must be resolved through the ordinary course of litigation it is an open legal question. Since we are impartial to the issue, we cannot come down one way or another until new legislation or an Appellate Court creates binding precedent clearly pushing the answer to one side or the other.

In your matter, you may choose to file a motion to the Superior Court, or if you believe the Superior Court judge's decision was incorrect, you may appeal the decision to the Appellate Division. I regret this answer is not likely the one you wanted, but we cannot take a position on this issue.

I sincerely appreciate your patience.

Thank you,

***Justin M. Patterson Moles, Esq.***Criminal Court Services ManagerCriminal Practice DivisionAdministrative Office of the CourtsPh. 609-815-2900, Ext. 55315

View Quote

Page / 55
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top