Originally Posted By Demeroma:
Here's an email posted on reddit from the Administrative Office of the Courts

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Here's an email posted on reddit from the Administrative Office of the Courts

Response from the AOC

See email below that I just received from the AOC office. It is in regards to carrying legally owned guns not specifically listed on permit or Court Order. I asked if there would be a Statewide directive handed down to clarify the issue. I was given specific permission by Mr. Patterson to share this.

Mr. xxxx,

Thanks for your understanding on our call yesterday. To recap, since the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Bruen*, the New Jersey courts have received an enormous number of carry permit applications. While we no longer issue permits to carry that were not already with the court upon the effective date of the recent legislation (December 22, 2022), we are still working through our carry permits that were pending prior to that date. We are trying to process those as quickly as possible. Additionally, many questions have come up after* Bruen and the Legislature's new carry permitting law that have yet to be fully answered. The Administrative Office of the Courts remains impartial to open legal questions until they are answered by subsequent law or binding appellate precedent.

To your question posed below, this issue was considered while drafting Directive #14-22. However, we ultimately determined that the issue was a matter of legal and statutory interpretation that must be resolved through the ordinary course of litigation it is an open legal question. Since we are impartial to the issue, we cannot come down one way or another until new legislation or an Appellate Court creates binding precedent clearly pushing the answer to one side or the other.

In your matter, you may choose to file a motion to the Superior Court, or if you believe the Superior Court judge's decision was incorrect, you may appeal the decision to the Appellate Division. I regret this answer is not likely the one you wanted, but we cannot take a position on this issue.

I sincerely appreciate your patience.

Thank you,

***Justin M. Patterson Moles, Esq.***Criminal Court Services ManagerCriminal Practice DivisionAdministrative Office of the CourtsPh. 609-815-2900, Ext. 55315

Word salad.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

Word salad.
View Quote

Just a long-winded way of them saying, "fuck if we know".
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Tom488:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

Word salad.

You'd think if anyone would know it would be the courts. Not in NJ apparently.

Fwiw Jay Factor, the guy that's been fighting for a carry permit for years before Bruen, finally got his permit recently with no restrictions or court order. He's now working on a motion and order to rescind all the ptc restrictions and court orders.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:40:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Senator Edward Durr

Officially a concealed carry permit holder! One of the many reasons Senator Durr ran for office was to have the constitutional right to bear arms, specifically #CCW. No doubt we have more work ahead to fix #NJ #2A laws. As for today, it is definitely monumental.
View Quote

He's the truck driver that ran against NJ Senate President Sweeney and won.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:49:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#5]
Time change for this Thursday's Siegel TRO hearing.

Jan 20, 2023

TEXT ORDER Due to a change in the Court's calendar, oral argument scheduled for Thursday, January 26, 2023, shall be held at 9:30AM instead of 12:30PM. Kindly mark your calendars. So Ordered by Judge Renee Marie Bumb on 01/20/2023. (Costigan, Roberta) (Entered: 01/20/2023)

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#6]
The NJSP has finally updated the instructions and application form for the permit to carry.

NJSP Forms
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#8]
The NJSP can't afford a proofreader?  On the back of the application:

"I have reviewed this application and I believe that the answers given by the applicant to the questions set fourth in this application are complete, true and correct in every particular"

Fourth?  Really?  Not third, or fifth?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:06:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#9]

"I have reviewed this application and I believe that the answers given by the applicant to the questions set fourth in this application are complete, true and correct in every particular"

View Quote

Yet, if you used the abbreviation for your state of birth instead of the full state name on your FPID application it would be rejected. Oh the irony.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
Probably using autocorrect as their sole proof reader. That's NJ for ya.

Good video about Judge Bumb and the Koons case.

2A Win Court Strikes Down New Jersey Gun Control with SCOTUS Decision

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:13:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#11]
Matt from GFH and his take on the new application and process. He didn't bring up the "fourth" issue that Tom488 mentioned
but he did note that the instructions state that 2 photos are required while the application requests 4.   That's NJ.

Gun For Hire Owner Matt Gets His Carry Permit: NEW APPLICATION and APPLICATION PROCESS - Part 5

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#12]
The NJSP has finally updated the instructions and application form for the permit to carry.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93999/Opera_Snapshot_2023-01-20_131321_NJSP_WE-2679089.png

NJSP Forms
View Quote

Hmm
Unless I missed it, they didn't say anything about qualifying
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 11:28:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#13]
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

Hmm
View All Quotes

Hmm
From the instruction sheet:

5. Submit proof of qualification with a certified firearms instructor along with firearms instructor proof of certification.

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Gun ForHire Radio #609 This Thursday is a BIG day for the 2A. Also, can you can you carry any gun?

GFH radio #609

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Hmm

5. Submit proof of qualification with a certified firearms instructor along with firearms instructor proof of certification.

I still haven’t been able to get a straight answer as to whether instructors need to go through the qualification.

MD lets you waive the course/qual requirement if you show instructor credentials and get certified as an MD instructor.

NJ has given me no answers.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By grady:

I still haven't been able to get a straight answer as to whether instructors need to go through the qualification.

MD lets you waive the course/qual requirement if you show instructor credentials and get certified as an MD instructor.

NJ has given me no answers.
View Quote
Some states waive training and qual requirements for former military when they provide a DD-214.
It would make sense to do similar for USCCA, NRA, etc. instructors but I've seen no such exemptions in NJ.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:26:10 AM EDT
[#17]
AG Platkin is proposing the following dates for the Koons/Siegel preliminary injunction. I don't think judge Bumb will appreciate NJ trying to set up a timeline.

February 6, 2023: Defendants submit consolidated PI opposition on bothKoons and Siegel challenges to P.L. 2022 Chapter 131, Section 7.1

February 13, 2023: Koons and Siegel Plaintiffs submit replies in support
of their respective PI motions.

Week of February 13, 2023: PI Hearing on consolidated challenges to
P.L. 2022 Chapter 131, Section 7.

February 27, 2023: Defendants submit PI opposition to Siegel challenges
to other portions of Chapter 131.

March 8, 2023: Siegel Plaintiffs submit PI reply on challenges to other
portions of Chapter 131.

Week of March 13 or March 20, 2023: PI hearing on Siegel challenges
to other portions of Chapter 131.

View Quote

link

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:37:11 AM EDT
[#18]
The Heller Test - You're either qualified or disqualified for your 2A rights.

For us in NJ the Heller Test is critical for Carry Permit Issuance Delays. Start using the term. Part 1.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Gun For Hire has updated their ccw page with some good info. Whether you already have your permit
or are thinking about applying for one, the link below may answer some of your questions.

Full disclosure: I am not a member of GFH but I did my qual there. Other than that I have no interest in GFH
and simply passing along information that may be of use to someone.

NJ PTC Info and Qual Process
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#20]
The Heller Test - You're either qualified or disqualified for your 2A rights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-etzgo6VYE
View Quote

I don't remember seeing qualifiers in the bill of rights.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 4:51:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#21]
WTF does that even mean? Whatever it is, it smells of desperation.

eta:  It looks like Scutari and Coughlin want to be named as defendants as well so they can defend the carry killer bill.
They added all the Committee reports defending the bill but conveniently left out Auth's NJ's Senate Office of Legislative Services (OLS) memo
which is excerpted below:

eta2: Scutari and Coughlin don't want to sit in on this Thursday's TRO hearing but instead only want to sit in on the later preliminary injunction hearings. I wonder what judge Bumb will make of this strange request.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By johnQpublik:

I don't remember seeing qualifiers in the bill of rights.....
View Quote
Maybe because there aren't any?
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Chicanery and shenanigans
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#25]
man they just wont give it a break NJ. man o man.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#26]
No one said it would be easy or that the state of NJ wouldn't try some B.S. to get their way.

Let's see what Judge Bumb has to say about the Senate President's
and the Assembly Speaker's request to intervene in the Koons v Reynolds case.  

Until then, Thursday is fast approaching for the Siegel TRO hearing

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:26:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#27]
Woohoo!  

Finally got my permit.

Only took 131 days

eta:  No court order or guns listed but the "See below" box is checked with the stupid Monmouth county court restriction:

Restricted from carrying in any place prohibited by federal, state or local law and shall
comply with the provisions of N.J.S.A. 2C:39-6(g).
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Woohoo!  

Finally got my permit.

Only took 131 days

eta:  No court order or guns listed but the "See below" box is checked with the stupid Monmouth county court restriction:

View Quote

Finally! Congrats!
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks.

Now I have to decide whether to apply to Delaware county or Pike county for a PA permit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#30]
For those in Old Bridge, your acting police chief deserves a donut or two.

Old Bridge Township Police Department

Good afternoon Old Bridge 2A residents

January 25, 2023

We just wanted to once again update our residents on our progress in the processing of a permit to purchase, a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (FID) or a permit to carry.

As a lot of you know, we have been and will continue to be out in front of the pack in processing times in comparison to other municipalities or agencies. There are however some pieces of the investigative puzzle that still slow things down such as out-of-state mental health checks or clarification/disposition of a criminal record. We are often waiting on a court to provide us with an official disposition of an applicant's prior criminal arrest charge(s). This takes time. Some states are slow in response to a mental health record check which is also conducted via U.S. Mail.

We will not take any shortcuts in our background investigations. If there's a question, we will find the answer or wait on an applicant to provide needed documentation so we are confident in approving, or if need be, denying an application.

Now, with that said, we want our residents to know what our average turn around times are as of January 2023. Again, these are averages and cannot obviously be applied to each and every applicant's unique background check. When we are suddenly inundated with applications, things slow down a bit but they do not stop! We remain diligent in our processing of your applications.

We maintained an average of 12-14 days for permit to carry applications that do not involve out-of-state checks. This means that from the time we receive your complete application till the time we approve or deny is just under 2 weeks. Those applications that do involve out-of-state checks take between 30 to 45 days.
Carry permits are entirely done on paper and utilize the postal system for documents. They are reviewed and approved on business days. We email and/or call the applicant when their permit has been approved or denied. Permits to carry are now processed locally by the Police Department and approved by the Chief's office. Our current turnaround time is approximately 2 weeks. If approved, we will create a wallet-sized ID card and laminate it once all applicable signatures are captured.

For permits to purchase and FID cards, we are averaging about 8 to 10 days depending on the individual applicant's unique circumstances. These types of applications are submitted electronically and naturally process quicker.
We are constantly reevaluating how we process both the electronic and paper applications in an effort to become even more efficient. This, we feel, better serves our residents.

Please remember that you can either email, call or stop in should you have any questions concerning your application or any questions on how to obtain any of these permits. Our dedicated staff is well versed and eager to assist you.

Thank you all for your continuing support.

Acting Chief Donald Fritz, Jr.
View Quote

https://www.facebook.com/oldbridgepd
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Woohoo!  

Finally got my permit.

Only took 131 days

View All Quotes
Woohoo!  

Finally got my permit.

Only took 131 days

Restricted from carrying in any place prohibited by federal, state or local law and shall
comply with the provisions of N.J.S.A. 2C:39-6(g).

So what the heck does that mean?  2C:39-6g is the transportation guidelines, that says unloaded, secured in a case, and no deviations during transport.  It's the requirements for transporting WITHOUT an FID or PTC.  2C:39-6g only applies if you're relying on the 2C:39-6e and -6f exemptions to exempt you from the prohibitions of 2C:39-5b and 2C:39-5c.  The fact that you have a PTC satisfies the requirements of 2C:39-5b, which means the 2C:39-6 exemptions aren't even in play, so therefore neither is 2C:39-6g.

WTF?
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:54:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#32]

So what the heck does that mean?  2C:39-6g is the transportation guidelines, that says unloaded, secured in a case, and no deviations during transport.  It's the requirements for transporting WITHOUT an FID or PTC.  2C:39-6g only applies if you're relying on the 2C:39-6e and -6f exemptions to exempt you from the prohibitions of 2C:39-5b and 2C:39-5c.  The fact that you have a PTC satisfies the requirements of 2C:39-5b, which means the 2C:39-6 exemptions aren't even in play, so therefore neither is 2C:39-6g.

WTF?
View Quote
Exactly.  

Originally the judges in Monmouth and Ocean counties were restricting carry in vehicles. Once they had their dicks slapped, they stopped issuing court orders with restrictions but started putting the 2C:39-6(g) nonsense on the back of the permits. At least that's what I heard. I guess they couldn't stand losing their power to restrict us peons so they figured they'd muddy the waters instead of making things crystal clear for us.

eta: the court hasn't explained why the 2C:39-6(g) is on the back of the permit but some think it's there so those with the permit don't have loaded handguns, long guns or shotguns in the trunk of their cars.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 3:26:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#33]
Thanks.

Now I have to decide whether to apply to Delaware county or Pike county for a PA permit.
View Quote

I'm headed out tomorrow morning to Pike. Honestly by the experience I have had, so far, alone I would recommend to go there, depending on drive time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#34]
eta: the court hasn't explained why the 2C:39-6(g) is on the back of the permit but some think it's there so those with the permit don't have loaded handguns, long guns or shotguns in the trunk of their cars.
View Quote

Right - it's meaningless.  2C:39-6g starts off, "All weapons being transported under paragraph (2) of subsection b., subsection e., or paragraph (1) or (3) of subsection f. of this section shall be carried unloaded"
But you're not transporting under subsections b, e or f (the exemptions) - you're transporting under subsection b of section 5 of chapter 39 - BECAUSE YOU HAVE OBTAINED A PERMIT TO CARRY.

Retarded...
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:

I'm headed out tomorrow morning to Pike. Honestly by the experience I have had, so far, alone I would recommend to go there, depending on drive time.
View Quote
Both counties are 2 hours away from me but I'm leaning towards Pike county because I hear Delaware county has metered parking and finding a spot isn't easy.
Good luck tomorrow and keep your fingers crossed that judge Bumb issues more TRO's for most if not all the remaining sensitive places in Siegel.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Right - it's meaningless.  2C:39-6g starts off, "All weapons being transported under paragraph (2) of subsection b., subsection e., or paragraph (1) or (3) of subsection f. of this section shall be carried unloaded"
But you're not transporting under subsections b, e or f (the exemptions) - you're transporting under subsection b of section 5 of chapter 39 - BECAUSE YOU HAVE OBTAINED A PERMIT TO CARRY.

Retarded...
View Quote
The sad part about 2C:39-6(g) being on the back of the Monmouth county permits is that some people are afraid to carry in their cars because of it. On different Reddit posts and on some Face book forums I've heard suggestions of petitioning the court to remove that statute from the PTC. Other posts say, as do you, that it doesn't apply to PTC holders. I tend to agree with that interpretation. It'll be interesting to see what happens when someone gets pulled over and the cop is trying to figure out what 2C:39-6(g) is and whether the person is carrying legally or not.

Monmouth county B.S. is what it is.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Letter from Dan Schmutter to judge Bumb

link

Tomorrow is going to be interesting.

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Dan Schmutter sure is keeping busy not only with tomorrow's hearing in the Anjrpc Siegel case
but also with today's consolidation hearing for the AWB and mag ban cases.

The following is a reddit link with an unofficial transcript by Kurt Lundy.

Oral Argument Notes | AWB x 2 & Mag Ban Motion by NJ to Consolidate
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Some things worth considering.

1 - Extra Magazines
2 - Good Ammunition
3 - Good Holster
4 - First Aid Kit
5 - Lock box/Safe for vehicle

5 Things to Consider before Carrying a Firearm

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 11:18:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#40]
Today's TRO hearing in the Anjrpc Siegel case is already in progress.
Hoping for a positive outcome in our favor in the remaining sensitive places
either today or later this week.

eta: from Kurt Lundy who was present at today's hearing:

(((ANJRPC Lawsuit Update)))

Details Coming Soon on the Siegel TRO Hearing. Was a Good Day.
To give you guys a little tea Judge Bumb denied The States Preliminary Injunction Schedule. Out right says it makes no sense. Sides with Dan on this one. Wants to decide everything all at once.
View Quote

eta2:

Dan (Schmutter) did an excellent job with Angela Cai not very articulate and sometimes frustrating Judge Bumb.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:13:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#41]

eta:

Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Renee Marie Bumb: Motion Hearing held on 1/26/2023. Continued Hearing on 8 Motion for Temporary Restraining Order by consolidated `plaintiffs. Decision Reserved. Ordered the parties to confer and send the Court a proposed schedule to resolve the litigation all together. (Court Reporter, John Kurz (856-576-7094)) (ar1, ) (Entered: 01/26/2023)
View Quote
link
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:11:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#42]
ANJRPC ARGUES FOR RESTRAINING ORDER HALTING CARRY-KILLER LAW
WHILE LEGAL CHALLENGE PROCEEDS

January 26, 2023. This morning, the judge in the consolidated carry-killer case heard oral argument on ANJRPC's motion for a temporary restraining order halting giant swaths of the new law while the case proceeds. If granted, the motion would block the new law more broadly than previously.

ANJRPC attorney Dan Schmutter argued that the carry-killer law blatantly violates the Supreme Court's ruling in the Bruen case, and that accordingly much of the law should be suspended while the case proceeds. The NJ Attorney General argued against suspension of the law. Attorneys for the legislature, which oddly sought to intervene in the case earlier this week, did not argue, as their intervention motion has not yet been acted on by the court.

A decision on ANJRPC's restraining order request is expected in the coming days. Please watch for upcoming alerts as news breaks.
View Quote

ANJRPC

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:28:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#43]
Posted on Reddit  by For2ANJ

eta: For2ANJ has deleted his original post and updated with a more polished and informative post at the link above.

TRO Hearing Notes | 1.26.23 | Koons/Siegel Carry Lawsuit vs State of NJ

Working on this now - will be 100% done by 5pm, so check back

0945 Start of Hearing

About 25 2A Supporters in Attendance

Overall was another solid day in court for gun owners

Both Dan and the State had to pivot on several occasions due to extensive questioning by the Judge, Dan was very quick on his feet, while Angela Cai (AC), was talking herself in circles.

Hearing Started on the "Multi Use" provision of the law, where the state has creatively, tried to us something like a school to ban carry on the entire property i.e. Karate Academy in a strip mall.

Judge Bumb (JB) was frustrated at how poorly the law was drafted and how legislators failed to define key terms. She said "It should not up to the courts to clarify what the legislators said"

However, given how poorly the law was drafted, the court will have to clarify provisions, all of which JB and Dan Schmutter (DS), discussed at length and JB seemed to agree with how he, DS would refine and clarify the current Sensitive Places, all good for us, as when this case is over we will have a binding ruling to clarify the intent of the law. JB kept saying she was frustrated at how poor of job legislators did, DS said "It was in a fit of rage your honor"

The AG kept trying to play down DS, interpretation of the law as it relates to sensitive places and the plaintiffs [gun owners] should worry as much as they are. JB said " Well they are facing criminal charges"

DS did a great job walking the court through all of the plaintiffs days and standing, he really was on top of which plaintiff does what.

The overall transcripts of this hearing really could benefit gun owners should we run afoul.

JB reminded the state that "Per Bruen, the sensitive locations need to be narrow and specific.

AC said that where in the Sensitive Places law is talks about "Public Right of Way" that means stair cases and hallways, so if we went to a location with a doctors office and some other business, as long as we didnt go into that sensitive location we are fine, any hallways or staircases, etc are "public right of way" - DS refuted that was the intent of the legislators.

It was very apparent to me, that unless one of us gun owners is in like a School with a firearms, the state will never prosecute such a case until this litigation is over, as DS kept walking the court through how 2A attorney's understand the law, and AC kept saying that isn't the intent, played down prosecution, the do not want to arrest someone now as will be very bad for state unless the violation is BLACK AND WHITE.

DS did say he would be ok with the court to clarify / redefine the Sensitive Locations.

When the state says School, we should take it to be " K-12, College University", a karate Academy, or Music Lessons or Bible Study is not a School, the TRO should clarify this.

NOTE: I didn't take as many notes as when AC was talking unless it helped us further understand NJ intent, as most of the stuff she said was non sense and the just kept saying "I don't see it that way", or "that doesn't make sense", was not a good day for the state as JB sees right through what they did, so while AC would try to say well this means that, JB said "no it doesn't or that is not really what you say it is". I swear the state wants this shitty confusing law to stand, just as a deterrent to scare people from carrying, as when you peel it back the state cannot justify most of it.

AC kept saying iro Standing "The Plaintiffs have no / cannot show public threat of enforcement"

JB kept saying the Sensitive places need to be well defined and clear.

ISSUE OF STANDING

DS said he would drop some of the TRO items, if they state would concede here that they have Standing for the Preliminary Injunction Phase, the state was reluctant, JB said "the state should take this offering", basically " are you and idiot take this offer"

JB said "what does the state want 50-100 plaintiffs suing the state on standing on every aspect? JB said the state should agree standing, SO THAT THE STATE OF NJ CAN RESOLVE ALL CONSTUTIONAL ISSUES ONCE AND FOR ALL WITH THIS CASE vs a revolving door of litigation. We know this is what the state wants, JB said it's wasteful and seems she is going to force the state to go this way and rule they all have standing.

Historical Analogs

DS made it clear the state cannot find historical analogs, needs to be wide spread.

AC kept saying "WE HAVE MORE BUT NOT TODAY", JB Said like 2-3x "WHAT IS THE STATE HIDING?"

DS went into detail how the state is trying to lump sensitive places together as to pad the few historical analogs they find for each, which is not allowed under Bruen.

JB kept asking the state "Why dont you want to resolve this once and for all"

JB said "Bruen was clear" - AC kept rambling on and every time JB replied "How does that Square up with Bruen?, I dont think it does" She saw right through BS arguments.

The PI Hearing Schedule

JB is rejucting the bifurcation schedule proposed by the state, she wants all the constitutional issues resolved in one clean trial process as she knows this will get appealed to 3rd circuit. Win for us as the state wanted to break down the PI phase and get multiple bits of the apple.

AC, DS and Jensen will agree on a PI schedule.

We should expect her additional TRO either tomorrow or Monday.

**Be back shortly have a work conference call
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#44]
NJ ANTI-GUNNERS RUNNING SCARED:
Motion to Intervene in NJ Carry Law Challenge a Sign of WEAKNESS

NJ ANTI-GUNNERS RUNNING SCARED: Motion to Intervene in NJ Carry Law Challenge a Sign of WEAKNESS

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#45]
A short history lesson from Jay Factor.

How the Conjuctive Test set by Alito crushes the Statute of Northampton. How NJ's continued reliance on danger and dangerousness proves legal carry in public. All public. And proves there are no sensitive places if the carry is for "the core lawful purpose of self-defense."
View Quote
The Caetano Conjuctive Test

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#46]
This hasn't aged well

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#47]
sorry there Phil
George Washington and a bunch of his pals say different. hey move to Canada
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#48]
From a reddit post:
Here is the quick summary in case you don't want to read this whole post:

the Seigel/ANJRPC TRO hearing this week is only covering other "sensitive place" restrictions not already enjoined and NOTHING ELSE AT THIS STAGE.

After Judge Bumb rules on the TRO, we'll get dates for briefs and hearings on the preliminary injunction stage of things and the list of what is being challenged in these lawsuits will grow (fees, insurance, added references, etc.). Be patient, more on that is forth coming in about 2 weeks.

After the Preliminary Injunction phase is over, we are likely to see the first attempt at an appeal to the 3rd Circuit by the State but based on the current posture of things, its not likely that we'll get any stays on these lower court decisions while this is on appeal.

FID cards and P2P's are being challenged in their entirety but it will likely take the full trial to accomplish that. Be patient, more on that in the coming months.
Some less than great updates on other cases we are monitoring. More on that at the bottom along with some other housekeeping.

Sue everybody! ATF lawsuit tracking is coming
View Quote

Continued at: link

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:43:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#49]
A fair news article about yesterday's hearing.

Federal judge asked to block more of N.J.'s new gun law
State argues law meets standard of U.S. Supreme Court ruling

NJ Monitor

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Meets standard lol
yea sure it does
Page / 55
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top