BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 54
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NZT:
Sorry for this off-topic comment, I like my *junk* where it is even though it is costume jewelry at this point.
View Quote
You do know there's a blue pill for that.

Now for some pro and con videos on AIWB because testicle carry is scary.

Calling Out & Educating the Appendix Carrying Tacti-Tards!

Bonus video

How to Use the Restroom - EDC Appendix Carry

Link Posted: 6/1/2024 12:34:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Illegal aliens setting up fake robberies.

New Scam: Self-Defenders Beware

Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:52:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL, no not the kind of "costume jewelry."
View Quote
That's what she said.

Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Not New Jersey but of interest. Would be great if he filed a federal lawsuit for deprivation of 2A rights to non-violent felons. His would be a better case than Rahimi.

Donald Trump is a licensed gun owner   here's what will happen to his firearms after his felony conviction

NY Post

Link Posted: 6/1/2024 11:47:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's another appendix carry video.

Here's how I've not shot myself in 20+ years of carrying a gun

Link Posted: 6/1/2024 11:51:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#8]
Gun For Hire Radio #680 2A Supporter Assemblyman Robert Auth joins us in the studio.

This week on Gun For Hire Radio  

2A Supporter Assemblyman Robert Auth joins us in the studio, he is SO Pro 2A that even the NJ "Republicans" are trying to out him! https://authforassembly.com/  He needs OUR support.

Please listen, like, and share far and wide!
View Quote

GFH radio #680
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Gun Lawyer #188
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Murphy has proposed raising the price on FID's, PTC's, purchase permits, etc. all while doing away with the fee for a medical marijuana card. He'd rather people get stoned than be able to afford to exercise their 2A rights.

New Jersey Governor Says He's 'Honored' To Have Marijuana Strain Named After Him During Tour Of Grow Facility

New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory Commission (CRC) officials have also stressed that they will not be letting the medical cannabis system fall by the wayside even as they work to support the burgeoning recreational market. To that end, the commission recently eliminated the cost of obtaining a medical cannabis card.
View Quote

link

He should have a virus named for him instead.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 10:32:51 PM EDT
[#11]
yes of course, stoned people are fuckin stupid. just the way he likes it.
if people cant see whats truly going on......
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#12]
1 week and 1 day and counting/waiting for my ccw and pistol permit....
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 3:36:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#13]
Originally Posted By fly223:
1 week and 1 day and counting/waiting for my ccw and pistol permit....
View Quote

If I remember correctly, according to the law, the PD has 90 days to issue a PTC and up to 120 days if they need more time to investigate. So keep checking your emails and spam folders and you may be pleasantly surprised sooner rather than later.

eta:

Pennsville PD just issued a PTC 4 hours after applying online!

The person had a judge issued permit which was expiring. Since there's no renewal available online as of yet, he filled out the initial application and was pleasantly surprised to get the e-permit the same day.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow, lucky him..

I hope I'm surprise one afternoon, I would hate to call and ask what the eta would be.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Word of advice, try not to inadvertently expose your carry piece.

Yes, it's permitted under the current law but you don't want to be "that guy" minding your own business while shopping, patiently waiting at the checkout line holding whatever you're buying.

In the meantime, some numb nuts calls the police about a "man with a gun" because your shirt lifted up exposing your piece.

Cops rush in, grab both of your arms and disarm you, all while dragging you out of the store. How embarrassing that must be. Also dangerous for everyone, if you know what I mean.

After the police check your PTC and verity that you're legally carrying, they return all your stuff while explaining to you about the "man with a gun" call someone made.

You call US Lawshield and the lawyer is furious over what happened and said he'll get back to you tomorrow.

Cool story right?  

Not to the guy that this happened to today.

I was intentionally vague with the details because the person this happened to will be consulting with attorneys.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Demeroma:
Word of advice, try not to inadvertently expose your carry piece.

Yes, it's permitted under the current law but you don't want to be "that guy" minding your own business while shopping, patiently waiting at the checkout line holding whatever you're buying.

In the meantime, some numb nuts calls the police about a "man with a gun" because your shirt lifted up exposing your piece.

Cops rush in, grab both of your arms and disarm you, all while dragging you out of the store. How embarrassing that must be. Also dangerous for everyone, if you know what I mean.

After the police check your PTC and verity that you're legally carrying, they return all your stuff while explaining to you about the "man with a gun" call someone made.

You call US Lawshield and the lawyer is furious over what happened and said he'll get back to you tomorrow.

Cool story right?  

Not to the guy that this happened to today.

I was intentionally vague with the details because the person this happened to will be consulting with attorneys.
View Quote

Thanks for the reminder. Being new to concealed carry, (like everyone else in NJ) I do the POGO - Pants On Gun On. I have got to the point where it feels strange to NOT have a gun when I go to places like the VA, grand kids school, etc.
In the past 2 months I have switched to AIWB carry. I was reluctant at first, but it is way better concealment than 4 o'clock.

Link Posted: 6/4/2024 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#17]
snip..

snip..
View Quote

I am genuinely surprise they returned his stuff and did not confiscate everything.

Do you have any details on the exposure of the firearm? Was it printing, or was it actually exposed?
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Whamo:

Thanks for the reminder. Being new to concealed carry, (like everyone else in NJ) I do the POGO - Pants On Gun On. I have got to the point where it feels strange to NOT have a gun when I go to places like the VA, grand kids school, etc.
In the past 2 months I have switched to AIWB carry. I was reluctant at first, but it is way better concealment than 4 o'clock.

View Quote

I won't admit it but I may or may not have found myself carrying where I wasn't supposed to because carrying has become second nature. In my opinion, AIWB conceals much better.

Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:

I am genuinely surprise they returned his stuff and did not confiscate everything.

Do you have any details on the exposure of the firearm? Was it printing, or was it actually exposed?
View Quote

Yes, everything was returned. Was he printing or was it exposed? Don't know but I have no doubt there are very good videos of the incident that could answer the printing / exposed question.

This post has already been removed, probably on an attorney's advice, but the internet is forever, so be careful what you post online or when talking to the cops, especially when you're agitated or hopped up on adrenaline.

Update. The cops were super professional afterwards, but it should of never got to that point. It was very embarrassing. The security guard was lying. He was really trying to get me in trouble saying the gun was sticking out of my pocket, the officer corrected him and said it was inside my waist band, secured in my holster. This all happened bc I was carrying stuff so my shirt must of rose a little above my waist. The security guard definitely needs more training. (officers agreed). All my paperwork checked out and all was given back to me on scene. I called US Law shield and the attorney was furious about the situation and will contact me tomorrow.
View Quote

He was carrying a Sig P365x in an IWB holster. I'm guessing at the 3 or 4 o'clock position. Less chance of printing or exposing the gun if it was in an AIWB.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Whether this is true or not, don't let anyone know you have a carry permit or that you're carrying.

Jersey City man arrested for pointing gun at rival soccer player in Secaucus

On May 2nd, two adult soccer teams were playing on Shetik Field, located at 225 County Ave. During the game, Reda Benyamin, 34 of Jersey City, collided with a player on the opposing team, which lead to a verbal altercation, Miller said in a statement.

As a result, Benyamin and the other player were ejected from the game.

After the game, he and the other player left the field in their respective vehicles, but both stopped for the traffic light on Jefferson and County Avenue.

While stopped at the traffic light, it is alleged that Benyamin pulled up next to the other player's vehicle. Simultaneously, Benyamin, a possessor of a concealed carry permit, threatened the man while pointing a black handgun at the him.
View Quote

Following a month's long investigation, the Secaucus Police Department's Anti-Crime Unit placed Reda Benhamin under arrest on May 31, 2024 at his Jersey City residence. A search of his vehicle led to the seizure of a loaded Beretta 92x 9mm semi-automatic handgun.

"While I respect people's second ammendment right to bear arms, this incident is a telling example of what happens when someone who is irresponsible has a handgun at the ready," Miller added.
View Quote

"Despite New Jersey's strict regulations pertaining to concealed carry, incidents like this are bound to happen, but luckily nobody was injured or worse in this incident."

Benyamin was charged with possession of a firearm for an unlawful purpose, aggravated assault, and prohibited area to carry a firearm and he was lodged at the Hudson County Correctional Facility.
View Quote

link

Link Posted: 6/4/2024 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#20]
brandishing is usually a no go everywhere.
when is Murph raising all the fees ?
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:

when is Murph raising all the fees ?
View Quote

The budget hasn't been finalized yet but the new fiscal year starts July 1st, 2024. So we'll find out sometime before the end of June.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#22]
ok ill renew now

The budget hasn't been finalized yet but the new fiscal year starts July 1st, 2024. So we'll find out sometime before the end of June.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#23]
ok ill renew now

View Quote
Not a bad idea.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Not a bad idea.
View Quote

Since I have to do a new initial due to my CCW with court order, it seems that doing it sooner would be preferable to later.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:

Since I have to do a new initial due to my CCW with court order, it seems that doing it sooner would be preferable to later.
View Quote

Agreed.

I'll be doing the same as BSOG1 and you just as soon as I let my references know what to expect.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#26]
An article by John Petrolino.

Is N.J. AG Platkin Willfully Allowing Civil Rights Violations and Racial Bias in Carry Permit Scheme?

Attorney General Matthew Platkin has sent out zero guidance and issued no directives to permit-to-carry-issuing authorities concerning excessive application delays and apparent racial bias via subjective standard use in permit denials. Platkin and his office were notified of these civil rights violations and in the month + since being notified, he sat on his hands and did nothing.
View Quote

What exactly is going on in New Jersey's Office of Attorney General is not known. What we can say though is that AG Matthew Platkin seems to not care at all that there are abuses in the permit to carry application process and that there's apparent racial bias occurring under his leadership. The AG's lack of guidance to issuing authorities and absence of immediate action on all of these issues makes it seem he's complicit in these infringements.
View Quote

link

Link Posted: 6/6/2024 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#27]
FWIW:

A guy in Marlboro yesterday applied online to renew his PTC and got his new PTC in today's email.  Every town should be like Marlboro.

Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:36:53 PM EDT
[#28]
An article by Charlie Cook.

Summer Travels and Firearm Safety: Tips for Responsible Gun Owners

'Tis the season. It's that time of year when people take off for an extra vacation or two during the warm summer months. If you are going to be carrying to protect your loved ones on your trip, you need to make sure you're prepared and know what the laws are in the states you're traveling through and ultimately to.

There have been some stories in the media recently about a few men headed to Turks and Caicos with a couple of rounds of ammo in their pockets. The good news is that a couple of them aren't locked up there. The bad news is it costs them time and money. One man paid a $6,700 fine, and the other a $9,000 fine. The two others are still on the islands. There's another story about someone who accidentally brought their gun to the airport.
View Quote

News2A

Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 2:09:24 AM EDT
[#30]
More info and advice about that Paterson Home Depot incident in this short podcast by the owner of Front Sight training.

The man with the ccw  was printing and was asked by a store clerk if he was carrying. The man told the clerk he was an NJ permit holder and was carrying. That's when things escalated.

There is duty to inform in NJ but it's only to LEOs and not to clerks or anyone else for that matter.

https://www.facebook.com/100041300854842/videos/424838933778556/

You don't need a facebook account to watch the video.

Link Posted: 6/8/2024 12:27:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#31]
fuck that doosh bag clerk !! should be fired.
its a whole lot of mind your fkn business.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#32]
More info and advice about that Paterson Home Depot incident in this short podcast by the owner of Front Sight training.

The man with the ccw  was printing and was asked by a store clerk if he was carrying. The man told the clerk he was an NJ permit holder and was carrying. That's when things escalated.

There is duty to inform in NJ but it's only to LEOs and not to clerks or anyone else for that matter.

https://www.facebook.com/100041300854842/videos/424838933778556/

You don't need a facebook account to watch the video.

View Quote

I get there is no duty to inform anyone outside of law enforcement, but I get the feeling this particular situation might have gone exactly the same regardless. Seems the Home Depot clerk saw the gun and knew he was carrying, how might the clerk have reacted had he not informed her that he was licensed to carry?
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By bigford632:

100%
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

100%

With decades of brainwashing about gun violence, only cops should have guns and see something, say something, then add the uninformed, not too bright New Jersey residents and this is what happens.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#36]

I get there is no duty to inform anyone outside of law enforcement, but I get the feeling this particular situation might have gone exactly the same regardless. Seems the Home Depot clerk saw the gun and knew he was carrying, how might the clerk have reacted had he not informed her that he was licensed to carry?
View Quote
The person this happened too wasn't sure if he simply printed or if his gun actually got exposed. The clerk claimed he saw the gun sticking out of the man's pocket. The cops said otherwise because the gun was in an IWB holster and not in the pocket as the clerk claimed.

I guess we'll never know what would've happened if he didn't inform her (him?) of his permit but instead of confirming his ccw, he could've said something similar to the following replies:

It's my colostomy bag. Trust me you don't want to see it.

or

It's my heart monitor and your questioning is making me feel like I'm going to faint.

or

It's shrapnel that couldn't safely be removed that I got in A'Stan, Iraq or better yet on 9/11 at the WTC.

or

Are you serious? Guns are icky!

or

Are you flirting with me?

or

How dare you! You've just embarrassed me in front of everyone about my penis prosthesis.  Now ring up my items so I don't have to spend another shameful minute here.

I realize every situation will be different and require some tact but be prepared to either reply with a snappy comeback or simply ignore the questioning because it's nobody's business what that bulge is or that you're exercising your rights by carrying and keeping silent about it.

Link Posted: 6/8/2024 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Why would an employee do that, or anyone other than LEO?

This Dumb employee asking is like poking a bear willfully, naturally eating mushrooms in your unfenced in backyard. Why draw the bear's attention that you are even there?

View Quote
In the FB podcast, it was said it was a clerk. The guy that actually got stopped by the cops said it was store security that questioned him if he was carrying.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#38]
home depot wanna bee cop 10 dollar an hour asshole.everyone needs to be a Hero.
they saved us all
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 11:15:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 12:04:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#40]
GunForHireRadio #681 2A Heavy Hitter Rich Ford joins us in the studio.

This week on Gun For Hire Radio  
2A Heavy Hitter Rich Ford joins us in the studio and Government Carpetbagger signs the Orwellian anti OPRA request bill, or the Non Freedom of Information Act. Guess what? The street communists that supported him are not happy. Welcome to our world. Tune in, like, follow, share.
View Quote

GFH radio #681

Link Posted: 6/9/2024 1:17:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Every answer I've come up with I had to theoretically erase, and that IS saying something.
View Quote

Perhaps the following video will help you formulate some answers. It deals specifically with NYC but their laws are similar to our carry killer laws here in NJ.

In this video, a retired cop discusses a viral video of a possible concealed carry holder getting arrested on a NYC subway platform. The retired cop also criticizes the unconstitutional carry laws of NYS and NYC.

Can Concealed Carry Permit Holders Carry A Legally Owned Firearm In NYC ?

Link Posted: 6/9/2024 6:22:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#42]
Why would an employee do that, or anyone other than LEO?

This Dumb employee asking is like poking a bear willfully, naturally eating mushrooms in your unfenced in backyard. Why draw the bear's attention that you are even there?

View Quote

I assume this was store security, and if that's the case it's a retired or off duty cop. Which means he fucks with people because he can. It also likely means he could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch due to all the practice he gets/got down at the station. I heard cops like that love to sodomize each other when they're not infringing on people's rights.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 6:31:47 AM EDT
[#43]
The person this happened too wasn't sure if he simply printed or if his gun actually got exposed. The clerk claimed he saw the gun sticking out of the man's pocket. The cops said otherwise because the gun was in an IWB holster and not in the pocket as the clerk claimed.

I guess we'll never know what would've happened if he didn't inform her (him?) of his permit but instead of confirming his ccw, he could've said something similar to the following replies:

It's my colostomy bag. Trust me you don't want to see it.

or

It's my heart monitor and your questioning is making me feel like I'm going to faint.

or

It's shrapnel that couldn't safely be removed that I got in A'Stan, Iraq or better yet on 9/11 at the WTC.

or

Are you serious? Guns are icky!

or

Are you flirting with me?

or

How dare you! You've just embarrassed me in front of everyone about my penis prosthesis.  Now ring up my items so I don't have to spend another shameful minute here.

I realize every situation will be different and require some tact but be prepared to either reply with a snappy comeback or simply ignore the questioning because it's nobody's business what that bulge is or that you're exercising your rights by carrying and keeping silent about it.

View Quote

If some store security guard says anything to me other than have a nice day I would just as soon ignore them like the worthless pile of uselessness that store security are. People, in general, need to learn to mind their own fucking business.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 7:16:09 AM EDT
[#44]
2 weeks and counting for both permits.....
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#45]

Gun Lawyer #189
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#46]
2 weeks and counting for both permits.....
View Quote

While you're waiting to get your permit, you may want to practice carrying at home. Even though I carried years before when living in free states, I wanted to get comfortable enough again to carry safely and without checking to see if my gun was still there.

For the first several days I carried with an unloaded gun and was able to determine the most comfortable holster position for me. I also practiced drawing, aiming, dry firing, doing mag changes and re-holstering, all without any live rounds in the room. I also practiced in my driveway parked car to see how it felt with my seat belt on and if I'd be able to draw or re-holster.

A few days later I took the plunge, by putting a loaded mag in my pistol but carried without a round in the chamber. It took a few more days for me to get comfortable before I racked the slide and carried with a round down the pipe.

By the time I got my carry permit, I was ready to go out into public. Oh sure, I was self conscious for the first few times I carried when shopping or when I saw a cop in a store, but after awhile carrying concealed became as normal as carrying a cell phone or wallet.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#47]

While you're waiting to get your permit, you may want to practice carrying at home. Even though I carried years before when living in free states, I wanted to get comfortable enough again to carry safely and without checking to see if my gun was still there.

For the first several days I carried with an unloaded gun and was able to determine the most comfortable holster position for me. I also practiced drawing, aiming, dry firing, doing mag changes and re-holstering, all without any live rounds in the room. I also practiced in my driveway parked car to see how it felt with my seat belt on and if I'd be able to draw or re-holster.

A few days later I took the plunge, by putting a loaded mag in my pistol but carried without a round in the chamber. It took a few more days for me to get comfortable before I racked the slide and carried with a round down the pipe.

By the time I got my carry permit, I was ready to go out into public. Oh sure, I was self conscious for the first few times I carried when shopping or when I saw a cop in a store, but after awhile carrying concealed became as normal as carrying a cell phone or wallet.
View Quote

I mainly carry when I'm home, too many break-ins are going on around the state for me not to carry inside my home.
I have been practicing holstering, and drive firing, also changing mags, etc. inside. I have carried a few times while down in nc the past year.

Link Posted: 6/9/2024 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#48]

I mainly carry when I'm home, too many break-ins are going on around the state for me not to carry inside my home.
I have been practicing holstering, and drive firing, also changing mags, etc. inside. I have carried a few times while down in nc the past year.

View Quote
That's good to hear that you've carried in the past, are practicing and carrying at home. Yes, the burglaries and home invasions are a serious problem these days. I was listening to the local cops yesterday on my Baofeng and dispatch reported a burglary in progress in the neighboring town of Colt's Neck. Three males, all dressed in black were reported to the police by the alarm company. The house wasn't occupied when they broke in and by the time the cops arrived the crooks were gone. This didn't happen at O dark thirty but around noon time. So it's best to be carrying whenever possible because burglars can come anytime, day or night.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 11:48:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#49]
Judi Franco from the Dennis & Judi show on NJ 101.5 got her carry permit this past weekend. She and Dennis are currently asking their callers if they're carrying in New Jersey.

eta:

It sounds like she only completed her CCARE this weekend and may not have actually gotten her PTC. If you want to listen, it's in the 11am to noon segment in today's podcast.

https://nj1015.com/show/dennis-judi/

eta2:

Judi with her firearms trainer Heidi

Link Posted: 6/10/2024 10:35:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#50]
Traveling Through Newark Airport with a Firearm

Traveling Through Newark Airport with a Firearm

Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top