Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 54
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]
No updates on the fees or anything? It's still about 5-600$ all in to get the permit?
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 6:18:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MCM308:
No updates on the fees or anything? It's still about 5-600$ all in to get the permit?
View Quote

The excessive fees are still in court and there's no update as of yet from the 3rd circuit.

As for the total price for a PTC you'll need find the best price on CCARE. In the recent past I've seem some private instructors want to charge as high as $500 for a class and then I've seen several as low as $150. So you'll need to shop around to see who has the best price you're willing to pay. Don't forget that the training is good for 2 years. So if you apply for your PTC today with your training, you'll be able to use the same paperwork when you apply early for your renewal if you time it right. That's what I did today.

I've qualified twice since 2022 and today I applied using my pre-CCARE HQC2 modified qualification so I could get rid of my judge issued permit and also, fingers crossed, beat any of Murphy's proposed fee increases, such as raising the PTC fee from $200 to $400

If the legislature agrees with the unconstitutional increase, then Murphy will need to sign the new unconstitutional law before the new fiscal year which starts on July 1st of this year.

Here's what it cost me today for my initial online application:

$50.00 paid online plus $5.00 online service fee for the CCW application and

$150.00 for my town's police department (I hand delivered a check to them. Check with your PD how they want payment, online or in person)

$18.00 for the 212A background check plus $3.00 online service fee.

I paid $76.00 online plus $150.00 check to my PD.

Total: $226.00

Link Posted: 6/12/2024 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#3]
500 a class...LOL WTF fkn thiefs
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
View Quote

I've taken full 8 hour advanced rifle classes for less, lol.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
You don't like Capitalism?  LOL.

Actually I thought the same as you when I first heard about this one CCARE class my son in law wanted to attend. Two of his friends were going and wanted him to go with them. It was being given by an instructor from one of the gun ranges up north and he was charging $500 for the class and live fire. It sounded shady to me because this class wasn't being advertised by the range but instead by word of mouth. Needless to say I talked my son in law out of going and paying that ridiculous price.

Since then I've taught my son in law how to safely draw and re-holster and he'll soon be signing up for much less expensive class.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 1:49:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Exactly!

From what I gathered, it was a side hustle by the instructor and he had no problem finding gullible people who wanted a CCW to fill his class.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I received the email today, and looking forward to joining the ccw club.. I applied on May 28th amd it was ready to go by today 6-12...
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By fly223:
I received the email today, and looking forward to joining the ccw club.. I applied on May 28th amd it was ready to go by today 6-12...
View Quote
Congratulations!

Print out the permit or put it on your phone and go carry.

Link Posted: 6/12/2024 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#9]
July 1, 2024 is right around the corner.

more at:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GardenStateGuns/comments/1deaxi1/department_of_law_and_public_safety_discussion/

also:

"That said, because any permitting scheme can be put towards abusive ends, we do not rule out constitutional challenges to shall-issue regimes where, for example, lengthy wait times in processing license applications or exorbitant fees deny ordinary citizens their right to public carry." NYSRPA v Bruen

Link Posted: 6/12/2024 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Demeroma:
Congratulations!

Print out the permit or put it on your phone and go carry.

View Quote

I made 4 copies, 1 in each vehicle, 1 in in the wallet, 1 in the safe.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#11]

I made 4 copies, 1 in each vehicle, 1 in in the wallet, 1 in the safe.
View Quote
Good idea. I did similar when I got my paper permit. I laminated the one that's in my wallet but it looks terrible with the lamination coming off. If and when I get the new permit I'll use the following company to put it on plastic.

https://www.njlibertycards.com/

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with this company and haven't used their services yet but I know that he's pro 2A and has gotten great reviews on the quality and speed of service from those that sent him their FIDs and PTCs.

Link Posted: 6/12/2024 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#12]
NJ GOP on the proposed fee hikes.

TAXES – Murphy's Silver Bullet Against Gun Rights

Link Posted: 6/12/2024 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 5:32:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By NZT:

Congrats!
View Quote

Thank you, I just filled out the PA ccw lic. info. and now waiting for PA. How's your permit process going?
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 8:45:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: trainfreaky] [#15]
Jumped through all the hoops and waiting for NJSP Totowa ... poor guys are probably deluged with applications...

I did my live fire qual too early (last Fall...25 yds).  

Had to redo a little while ago with the 15 yd qual at Gun For Hire.

Was fun being at the range in view of the Manhattan skyline.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:46:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By trainfreaky:
Jumped through all the hoops and waiting for NJSP Totowa ... poor guys are probably deluged with applications...

I did my live fire qual too early (last Fall...25 yds).  

Had to redo a little while ago with the 15 yd qual at Gun For Hire.

Was fun being at the range in view of the Manhattan skyline.
View Quote

It's all electronic now with no paperwork to shuffle for the Totowa guys. The hardest part for your application will probably be the mental health form from CT. Hopefully that will get verified quickly for you.

As a former Manhattanite, the Manhattan skyline is a sight to see and is best viewed from across the river
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:56:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#17]
GunForHireRadio #682 Heavy Hitter Justin Marchetta joins us to discuss his work in NJ for the 2A.

This week on Gun For Hire Radio  

Heavy Hitter Justin Marchetta joins us to discuss his work in NJ for the 2A.

Big news from the Supremes and bad news from, and for New Jersey. I can taste the tears!

Tune in, like, follow, and share!
View Quote

GFH radio #682

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#18]

Gun Lawyer #190
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I haven't gotten the latest ANJRPC magazine yet but found this on Garden State Guns.

Link Posted: 6/18/2024 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#23]
From NJ NICS Research. Women permit holders are slowly inching up.

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#24]
If anyone needs to qualify:

New Jersey Permit to Carry a Handgun Qualification - Saturday June 22nd, Shamong NJ - $150

r/GardenStateGuns
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#25]
2024 NJ Carry Permits Soar!
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#26]
I submitted for my new permit ahead of the fee increase... Seeing as this is my first online application, does anyone know when I should go drop off my check to the municipal PD? I seem to recall getting an email from the local Det. last time, but honestly don't remember.

I also noted that the NJSP site still doesn't appear to have a renewal process that is different than the new application. I'm hoping that it won't matter, as I wanted the new app process so I can get rid of this silly court order.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#27]
I submitted for my new permit ahead of the fee increase... Seeing as this is my first online application, does anyone know when I should go drop off my check to the municipal PD? I seem to recall getting an email from the local Det. last time, but honestly don't remember.

I also noted that the NJSP site still doesn't appear to have a renewal process that is different than the new application. I'm hoping that it won't matter, as I wanted the new app process so I can get rid of this silly court order.
View Quote
I dropped off a check the day after I applied. Be sure to write down your confirmation # on the check, that's if your PD doesn't have an online site to pay the fee.
The reason I didn't wait to pay until they contacted me is because I was afraid they'd take their sweet time investigating and then request payment after Murphy jacked up the prices.

Yeah, there wont be any renewal option on the portal for about another 2 years. That's because all applications there are intial and the judge issued permits aren't in the system. So all of us have to do the initial application.

Link Posted: 6/20/2024 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Forgot to mention that I applied for a purchase permit this past Sunday night. Monday morning I got an email from my town that said payment was due and that they wouldn't begin the process until I paid up.

So I recommend paying ASAP if you want to beat the proposed price hikes.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Forgot to mention that I applied for a purchase permit this past Sunday night. Monday morning I got an email from my town that said payment was due and that they wouldn't begin the process until I paid up.

So I recommend paying ASAP if you want to beat the proposed price hikes.
View Quote

I dropped the check this afternoon.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#30]

I dropped the check this afternoon.
View Quote

I doubt you'll regret renewing early, even if the legislature doesn't raise the fees you'll still get rid of the judge issued permit.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#31]

I doubt you'll regret renewing early, even if the legislature doesn't raise the fees you'll still get rid of the judge issued permit.
View Quote

Yep. I'll have to get one of those fancy plastic cards made.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Yep. I'll have to get one of those fancy plastic cards made.
View Quote
The ones my daughter had made for her and her husband's FIDs were the same size as a driver's license but I think a bit thinner. Still better than the unlaminated oversized paper we were given. Once I get my new PTC, I'll get the plastic cards as well.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 6:50:37 AM EDT
[#33]
What other permits are good to get besides NJ, PA, Utah, and fla? I'm looking to expand my ccw permits.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#34]
What other permits are good to get besides NJ, PA, Utah, and fla? I'm looking to expand my ccw permits.
View Quote

Maryland and D.C.  

For D.C. you have to go down in person to apply.

D.C. CCW  

For Maryland you're required to be printed by a Maryland fingerprint company and get training from a Maryland instructor but if you're former military the training is waived. There are several Maryland approved instructors in NJ and at least one of them that I've heard of gets a Maryland print company to come to NJ so you don't have to travel to Maryland to get printed.

Maryland Wear and Carry
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#35]

Maryland and D.C.  

For D.C. you have to go down in person to apply.

D.C. CCW  

For Maryland you're required to be printed by a Maryland fingerprint company and get training from a Maryland instructor but if you're former military the training is waived. There are several Maryland approved instructors in NJ and at least one of them that I've heard of gets a Maryland print company to come to NJ so you don't have to travel to Maryland to get printed.

Maryland Wear and Carry
View Quote

Wondefful, thanks..
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 9:16:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Upstate New York:

A holstered gun is a safe gun.

r/GardenStateGuns

Link Posted: 6/22/2024 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Unveiling Surprising 2024 NJ Female Carry Stats
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 1:48:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#38]
GunForHireRadio #683 Dan Schmutter joins us to discuss Cargill, Rahimi, Range, and our NJ 2A Cases!

This week on Gun For Hire Radio..

Dan Schmutter joins us to discuss Cargill, Rahimi, Range, and our NJ 2A Cases!

Please Listen, Learn, Like, Follow, and Share!
View Quote

GFH #683
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#39]

Gun Lawyer #191
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 8:24:57 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#42]
fyi:

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Received my second permit. Total turnaround 2 business days. Would have been next day if my buddy got around to the reference before Friday.

Adios court order, hello compact carry pistol with RDS.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 11:55:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#44]
Received my second permit. Total turnaround 2 business days. Would have been next day if my buddy got around to the reference before Friday.

Adios court order, hello compact carry pistol with RDS.
View Quote
Wow!  I'm impressed and a little jealous.  That's the way it should be.
I'm still waiting on mine and also a purchase permit.
Congratulations!
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#45]

Irvington Legal Firearms Carrier Faces Federal Penalties for Bringing Loaded Gun to EWR

link

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Happy Dick Heller day!

Today in 2008
the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution does indeed protect an individual's right to possess a firearm for private matters and use within the home in federal enclaves.
(DC v. Heller)
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:32:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#47]

Interesting... Disregarding the trying to get through TSA with a loaded pistol aside, not on his body I get it if it was in his carry on, and certainly fault this guy for being stupid... But, in a holster and in a bag that is on your body should* be gtg. When he took his bag off for security screening, I guess it was no longer on his body.

Of course this same punishment also applies to a felony level conviction for not having your pdf printout on your person when carrying, which is more egregious IMO.

*I recognize that should doesn't necessarily translate to legal in NJ.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Received my fancy plastic cards from njlibertycards. Ordered Monday, came in the mail today.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:12:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Interesting... Disregarding the trying to get through TSA with a loaded pistol aside, not on his body I get it if it was in his carry on, and certainly fault this guy for being stupid... But, in a holster and in a bag that is on your body should* be gtg. When he took his bag off for security screening, I guess it was no longer on his body.

Of course this same punishment also applies to a felony level conviction for not having your pdf printout on your person when carrying, which is more egregious IMO.

*I recognize that should doesn't necessarily translate to legal in NJ.
View Quote
This is what we get when our laws are written and approved by people that don't know their ass from their elbow.

Received my fancy plastic cards from njlibertycards. Ordered Monday, came in the mail today.
View Quote
Fantastic! I'm looking forward to using their service if I ever get my permit approved.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Koons / Siegel update

Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top