User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there an obituary?
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 10:33:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BubbaShootz] [#2]
I went out to dinner tonight with Ponti's family. Unfortunately, they had decided not to post an obituary or have a service.
Both of his parents are in their 90's and this has hit them very hard.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I can’t imagine what his parents are going through. He had mentioned that they are up in age and was helping them out.

Anyone know if Ponti was survived by immediate family, like wife and children?
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 1:31:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MitchbSC] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MarkBinSC:
I can’t imagine what his parents are going through. He had mentioned that they are up in age and was helping them out.

Anyone know if Ponti was survived by immediate family, like wife and children?
View Quote

He sold his wife and kids to Chinese slavers.    

Kidding.  Consummate bachelor with tales of red hot monkey sex to get in your head before you shot IDPA with him.  Either squadded with him or not.  You're fucking laughing pulling triggers on targets.

All that was immediate is his parents and brother and sister in law per BubbaShootz.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I kept trying to meet with him at the hardware store in Sumter or the Wateree range

Terrible news
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#6]
A real shame.  I have been lurking in this HTF as I plan on moving o the area in a few years.  I enjoyed his posts and take on life.  RIP sir.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I interacted with him often on Glocktalk back in the early 2000s.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm so behind seeing this thread but Ponti will be sorely missed. He indeed was a pillar of our SC HTF.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I also got to know John on Glock Talk around 2005 I think.
I've never been a big poster on social platforms but I enjoyed reading his post.
He didn't hold back but could also be funny as hell.

Meeting was out of the question as I live in Tennessee but soon we were emailing each
other almost daily and even had the occasional phone call.
About 3 years ago me and my wife were on vacation down that way and finally got to meet at the hardware store :)

You never know how much you miss someone till they're gone...
RIP John

Link Posted: 8/29/2024 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EarlStone:
I also got to know John on Glock Talk around 2005 I think.
I've never been a big poster on social platforms but I enjoyed reading his post.
He didn't hold back but could also be funny as hell.

Meeting was out of the question as I live in Tennessee but soon we were emailing each
other almost daily and even had the occasional phone call.
About 3 years ago me and my wife were on vacation down that way and finally got to meet at the hardware store :)

You never know how much you miss someone till they're gone...
RIP John

View Quote

This site needs a "heart emoji".

It's been interesting reading all the remembrances and how Ponti traded info and dirty jokes with so many across real-life, Glocktalk, and here.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top