Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/1/2013 8:35:50 AM EDT
I recently noticed that Atlantic Firearms has M10 AK47s on sale for $649.99. I was wondering if these are able to take wooden AK furniture, and what the build quality is like on them.

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Good quality from what I've seen although they do have some problems.  And yes, they'll take any standard AK furniture.   I've got Russian polymer on mine right now.

I lvoe mine, one of my favorite AK's.

One thing: the siderail on them is roughly 1/4" higher than a normal siderail.  So a "cowitness" siderail will actually sit too high.   RS-Regulate is making a special ssidemount for them, but it won't be available for a few weeks/month yet.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 4:59:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I just put a deposit down on one at my local shop but, am hoping to find out if anyone knows:

-Are the bbls US or Romanian?
-Are the threads 14x1LH?
-Are the muzzle devices pinned or did they use thread locker?

The M+M website is pretty minimal and the mail I sent last Thurs hasn't elicited a response yet.

ETA- Are the M10's compatible with Ultimak's?
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one.  Love it, pretty accurate, no FTF.  Reliable and fun.  Here is mine.
Upgraded to
Attero Arms mount
Primary arms md-06
RAM mag release
Krebs safety
Magpul XTM handstop
ak mfer Solar Tactical Magwell Funnel

http://imageshack.us/a/img827/2394/photo7ghs.jpg
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#4]
They have romanian Chrome barrel
14x1 LH
The break is not welded..can be removed..
Great gun
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted from The AK Buyers Guide

These are the newest imports to the American AK market, and probably the best bang for the buck right now. These rifles are produced for and imported by M&M Arms, located in Colorado. They feature Romanian receivers opened up to accept all standard AK mags and chrome lined, hammer forged Romanian barrels. They also feature a unique gas block/front sight combo, front rail system, and Hogue grip. They are available chambered in 5.45x39 or 7.62x39. There are two configurations, one with a fixed stock (pictured), and one with a side folding Romanian wire stock. The wire stocked ones are a tad more expensive. The fit and finish on these is very good, and they are solid step up from the Century WASR imports. They can be found in the $650-$850 range depending on caliber and configuration.

I love my M10. I picked it up in a trade deal this winter. I took the gun to a smith who pulled the barrel, cut it, crowned it, threaded it, and permanently welded on the Bulgarian 4pc brake. This thing is a BLAST to shoot. I can still easily clean this puppy too since the Bulgy 4pc disassembles from the muzzle. I haven't had any issues with the rifle so far, though I've only put around 500 rounds of cheap Wolf ammo through it. It's a little nose heavy, but the added weight really cuts down on any/all muzzle climb. It could be a placebo effect, but I feel like the Bulgy brake also cuts down the felt recoil (compared to a slant cut) considerably. Like I said, I love my M10.

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae98/N_K_1984/null_zps5b00cdc0.jpg
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted from The AK Buyers Guide

These are the newest imports to the American AK market, and probably the best bang for the buck right now. These rifles are produced for and imported by M&M Arms, located in Colorado. They feature Romanian receivers opened up to accept all standard AK mags and chrome lined, hammer forged Romanian barrels. They also feature a unique gas block/front sight combo, front rail system, and Hogue grip. They are available chambered in 5.45x39 or 7.62x39. There are two configurations, one with a fixed stock (pictured), and one with a side folding Romanian wire stock. The wire stocked ones are a tad more expensive. The fit and finish on these is very good, and they are solid step up from the Century WASR imports. They can be found in the $650-$850 range depending on caliber and configuration.

I love my M10. I picked it up in a trade deal this winter. I took the gun to a smith who pulled the barrel, cut it, crowned it, threaded it, and permanently welded on the Bulgarian 4pc brake. This thing is a BLAST to shoot. I can still easily clean this puppy too since the Bulgy 4pc disassembles from the muzzle. I haven't had any issues with the rifle so far, though I've only put around 500 rounds of cheap Wolf ammo through it. It's a little nose heavy, but the added weight really cuts down on any/all muzzle climb. It could be a placebo effect, but I feel like the Bulgy brake also cuts down the felt recoil (compared to a slant cut) considerably. Like I said, I love my M10.

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae98/N_K_1984/null_zps5b00cdc0.jpg

That thing looks AWESOME!
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 6:31:55 AM EDT
[#7]
The M10 is great. It is a AKM variant so it can take any almost accessories or parts for stamped AKs
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#8]
owner of the m10 and from my experience their well made ak variant, different furniture I tried out since owning it.

Link Posted: 6/8/2013 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I had a mixed experience on mine.

The railed forearms and front sight were WAY off square....

I had sent it back to M+M twice, and on the third try, they got it right.

Nice gun, chrome bore, good value for the money!
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Nothing but good to say about mine. CNC Warrior folder with MOE stock, Midwest Industries handguard with PA Micro cowitness, brake caliper paint refinish. I got rid of the Razr flash hider after it chiseled my leg once too often on transitions.http://http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/jrggrj/20130609_165638.jpg" />
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 3:25:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Which ultimak gas tube works on these?
Link Posted: 6/15/2013 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Which ultimak gas tube works on these?

The standard AKM tube.

Link Posted: 6/21/2013 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The M10 is great. It is a AKM variant so it can take any almost accessories or parts for stamped AKs

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w644/fatcat4620/1F9DF2DC-orig_zps04f0bf25.jpg

How do you like the Tech-sight?  More accurate?  Quicker?  Is it worth it in spite of the additional steps to disassemble?  Does

it hold zero?
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w644/fatcat4620/1F9DF2DC-orig_zps04f0bf25.jpg

How do you like the Tech-sight?  More accurate?  Quicker?  Is it worth it in spite of the additional steps to disassemble?  Does    

it hold zero?

They were ok for shooting. The take down sucked so I ditched them for the ultimak/red dot set up.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:30:09 AM EDT
[#15]
what magazines have you guys used in the M10?

The gun shop got a steel one stuck in mine when I was checking it out

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#16]
what magazines have you used in the M10?

did you have to modify them to work?
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I've used all of my various milsurp steel mags, a tapco 30, and a bulgarian (iirc) polymer mag. All of them fit and functioned just fine. No filing or modification necessary.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
what magazines have you used in the M10?

did you have to modify them to work?

Just about any standard MilSpec AK mag should work.

You should NEVER have to modify your magazines to work.
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#19]
What are the American-made parts on these?
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#20]
The following are the 922r parts.

USA Made

Furniture
* Forearm
* pistol grip
* butt stock (assuming your don't have the Romanian side folder stock)

Fire Control (Tapco G-2)
* Hammer
* Sear
* Trigger

Muzzle Device
* Tapco - Razor muzzle break

Magazine - PROMAG
* Mag Body
* Follower
* Floorplate

= 10 USA made Parts.

All the Foundation parts (Receiver, Barrel, Bolt & Carrier, etc...) are Romanian made.

Not entirely happy that they used the magazine to get the USA part count up (If you were to run a Non-USA made mag...   )
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 6:47:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not entirely happy that they used the magazine to get the USA part count up (If you were to run a Non-USA made mag...   )
View Quote

I've always seen that you need 6 US-made parts for an AK with a threaded muzzle, so the magazine you use should be irrelevant.  It's a maximum of 10 foreign parts, and threaded AKs have 16 parts that qualify, so not counting the magazine, there's already one extra.
Link Posted: 8/1/2013 6:00:37 AM EDT
[#22]
For anyone looking for one, it's back down to $599:

M10-762 at Kentucky Gun Co.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Did the OP ever buy an M10???

I've really been putting my M10 through its paces this summer; getting her nice and hot, running her dirty, and lots of rough handling. I'm pleased to say, she's holding up very well. The finish has degraded some, but that's to be expected. I've made a few functional changes as well, which I've decided are for the better (UltimAK gas tube, LD OP-6 on Vltor, Romy "dongle," and added a collapsible stock on Vltor adapter). My opinion still stands. The M10 is a great little AK variant. I've had zero hiccups at all out of mine. She may be ugly as sin, but she runs like a champ.

I really wouldn't mind having another one.....

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The following are the 922r parts.

USA Made

Furniture
* Forearm
* pistol grip
* butt stock (assuming your don't have the Romanian side folder stock)

Fire Control (Tapco G-2)
* Hammer
* Sear
* Trigger

Muzzle Device
* Tapco - Razor muzzle break

View Quote

I was under the impression that the handguards (forearm in your post) were from China (UTG brand).  That leaves Tapco flash hider, FCG (3), stock, hogue grip for a total of 6.  This meets the minimum 6 required parts.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I recently noticed that Atlantic Firearms has M10 AK47s on sale for $649.99. I was wondering if these are able to take wooden AK furniture, and what the build quality is like on them.

View Quote

I just received my M&M M10 762K w/collapsible stock from Kentucky Gun Co. this past weekend and ran 220 rounds through it...I love it!  I was a bit scared that I would have issues with the stock Tapco mag that came with it not fitting right into the magwell as I had a buddy order one with the regular Tapco fixed stock (not sure if that has any affect on the mags) and he had to shave down the sides and below the retaining notch of all his Tapco waffle mags for them to lock into place.  It sucked!  Fortunately, I spoke with the CSR at KGC and they assured me that they would test fit each mag (stock Tapco & I ordered 3 Thermold mags) and if necessary they would shave down each one to confirm they locked into place.  

When I got mine this past weekend from my FFL I was happily satisfied that none of the mags had been altered by KGC and that they all locked into place.  I immediately took it back to a buddy's house to clean all the factory lube/cosmoline in order to re-lube and then take it back to the range to test out.  It was very easy to break down, clean, lube, and reassemble.  These are my comments after the day of shooting:

1.  The rifle is great!  
2.  Tapco mags are crap...they don't fit all that great and when loading ammo into them they tend to push the ammo forward so that they are not seated to the rear of the magazine and therefore is annoying to load.  Has anyone else had an issue with this?
3.  RPK-style sights are just ok.  Truthfully, I didn't even deal with them and put a UTG side mount rail and scope on it immediately.
4.  Def. put a Magpul AFG foregrip that works well.
5.  The front rail heats up a lot therefore make sure to put the rubber rail covers that were provided on the sides and the bottom if you don't put on an aftermarket foregrip.
6.  Thermold mags are perfect for plinking and range use and they're dirt cheap at $9 each.
7.  Had zero issues!
8.  The rifle is great!

I have currently ordered the Krebs Custom Guns MK VI Enhanced Safety Selector Lever & Command Arms Extended Ambi Magazine release to add to the rifle.  I am probably looking at getting more Thermold mags and a 2-point sling for now.  I hope that helps and keep in mind, this review is "In My Opinion" therefore one persons view can differ from mine.  Just my 2 cents.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 4:57:30 AM EDT
[#26]
... RPK-style sights are just ok...
View Quote

I still have mixed feelings about the RPK style sight. It is cool, and a functional novelty if all else (since it's windage adjustable), but the sight picture sucks. I keep tossing around changing it out to a standard AK rear leaf and doing some Jim Fuller style modification with a file...
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

...but the sight picture sucks.
View Quote

That's why I think they are barely just ok.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 8:26:09 AM EDT
[#28]
I've been thinking about buying one of these for about a month now after handling one.  Everything about the rifle felt rock solid and looked well made.  They almost seem too good to be true for the $$$.  What's the catch?  I honestly don't like the quad rail but that can easily be swapped out.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted: What's the catch?
View Quote

The catch is that with the money you save on the rifle, you'll end up replacing all the furniture and the muzzle device...
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The catch is that with the money you save on the rifle, you'll end up replacing all the furniture and the muzzle device...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: What's the catch?

I bought mine for the combo gas block. Spending $$$ on new furniture was a bonus
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Dump the stock sights for the Mojo sight. I have replaced the sights on all of my AK's with the Mojos except for my M70 that came with night sights. By far the Mojo sights are the single best upgrade I have done to any of my rifles.
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Great looking rifle. Where did you source the naked gas tube?
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Added a Bonesteel folder to my M10 tonight. I feel like I just made this rifle even better...

Now I just need to change out the awful rear sight...
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Added a Bonesteel folder to my M10 tonight. I feel like I just made this rifle even better...

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae98/N_K_1984/null_zps2eb85582.jpg

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae98/N_K_1984/null_zpsaf058839.jpg

Now I just need to change out the awful rear sight...
View Quote

Looks good. Looks to me like a WW3 battle field pick up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 7:08:03 AM EDT
[#35]
My M10 5.45 won't accept bulgarian cicle 10 and 20 mags. They just wont get in. Seems like the the center support rivet needs to be filed down?
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted: Now I just need to change out the awful rear sight...
View Quote

Got in a couple standard AK rear sights last night. I installed one on my M10..... Ah, so much better. I might experiment with "Fullerizing" one of them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My M10 5.45 won't accept bulgarian cicle 10 and 20 mags. They just wont get in. Seems like the the center support rivet needs to be filed down?
View Quote

Have you contacted them about it?
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never did. It never bothered me that much at that time (over a year ago) I kept using tapco mag for it when I was using it, then I took the rifle back to the safe for a few months. I took it out now to shoot and I started to worry more now. I know it sounds stupid from my part to wait this long but I have several ak's that I've been involved more, specially the 7.62x39 and forgot about that one with this trouble. I tried the bulgarian cicle 10 mag right now and it fits but very tight and I have to do some force to take it out. Then tried the russian 10 round mag that comes with the saiga rifles and that one won't get in. I know some ak has filed down the center support rivet to make the mag fit but seems like they didn't filed it enough.

pics if helps

Link Posted: 8/28/2013 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#39]
My circle tens just took some mag changes. At first I needed a hammer to get them out but now work like butter. I am not sure if a saiga mag would work at all. For steel mags Romanian worked fine, chugos needed 1 of seven lug filing, bulgarian with plastic follower all needed filing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My circle tens just took some mag changes. At first I needed a hammer to get them out but now work like butter. I am not sure if a saiga mag would work at all. For steel mags Romanian worked fine, chugos needed 1 of seven lug filing, bulgarian with plastic follower all needed filing.
View Quote

ahh I'll just keep playing with the mags and see if they get smoother. thanks for letting me know. here's a pic of my current setup:

The ultimak mount is the one with vent holes because the M10 didn't come with any vent holes (at least mine). Not sure If I want to put a red dot, maybe in the future. I really enjoy the AK rear sight. It it just a simple setup:

Link Posted: 9/24/2013 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#41]
I have made some changes to mine,, I really like it,, Have tried Tapco and Promag mags with no problems.. The ak mfer makes reloads so easy.  Great Gun.  
http://imageshack.us/a/img15/5351/z8hy.jpg
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 3:46:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

ahh I'll just keep playing with the mags and see if they get smoother. thanks for letting me know. here's a pic of my current setup:

The ultimak mount is the one with vent holes because the M10 didn't come with any vent holes (at least mine). Not sure If I want to put a red dot, maybe in the future. I really enjoy the AK rear sight. It it just a simple setup:

http://i40.tinypic.com/23h6dsy.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2jagod5.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AKM rifles like the M10 do not need a vented gas tube.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 3:47:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No vents on the gas block either? weird stuff. This is the only rifle that I've got tht has no vent holes. All my others has vent holes on the gas block, including the sgl 31-94.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 4:46:32 AM EDT
[#45]
I thought they vented through the rear sight block.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 6:28:09 AM EDT
[#46]
This is what I've got, no vents anywhere

I didn't know when I first got it. All I remember is that It felt like the back of the bolt carrier was hitting the rear trunion pretty hard. I'm thinking that this M10 is one of the first gen?
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#47]
The first two digits of the serial number are the year it was made. Mine is an '11 and looks just like yours.
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Are the barrels on these thinner than typical barrels, or is it a bit of an illusion from having the combination gas block? Was the siderail issue ever fixed?
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#49]
The barrel is a CHF barrel,, but it  is a pencil barrel
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wish I had seen this earlier. Based on your pics, the (2) burrs on your magwell by the pin are probably casing your problems.

This fix comes from another site...his pics look very similar to yours:
http://www.novarata.net/Linx310/wasrwell.shtml
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top