AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am also BAFFLED that every reviewer doing a video on youtube says the psa 100 series are accurate with no issues whatsoever, but people that post on arfcom have soft, inaccurate misfit guns, with documented issues.....which leads me to assume  that they are getting cherry picked rifles, OR shoot them very little, never shoot actual groups, etc.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After reading this thread it seems that most people are getting 4moa. It also seems everyone is having zero issues with the rail. Does that seem right?

ak-operators union4774 just posted a video praising this gun (he made it clear he only put 1000rds through it) but he had great accuracy using a side rail.

I plan on putting a sureshot armament rail on mine but if it's a 4moa gun not sure I wanna spend the money on a 700 rail.

I am also BAFFLED that every reviewer doing a video on youtube says the psa 100 series are accurate with no issues whatsoever, but people that post on arfcom have soft, inaccurate misfit guns, with documented issues.....which leads me to assume  that they are getting cherry picked rifles, OR shoot them very little, never shoot actual groups, etc.

I'd say most users are like that.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote
Meh.

My 102 had loose hardware for the JL billet rail after about 200rds. The top cover also loosened up and was shifting even though red loctite was applied from the factory.

Rest of the "pistol" is fine. Was hoping for better than 4-5" groups with the good trigger and a 1-6 LPVO on top, but no dice. Standard AK accuracy for my example with a couple varieties of m193. Haven't tried anything good in it yet.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 3:32:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My general thoughts on this subject. Not singling anyone out.

You have to remember this is an open forum, so anybody can post.

Folks on utube have their subscribers to keep them honest.

We have no way of verifying the posters experience and content of their posts unless said poster provides pics, and links.

Some regular posters are well known for their knowledge, but you have to have time in this forum to figure out who they are.

Then there are people who go to all the AK sites and trash what they don't like. Maybe they have a reason, maybe not.

I read every post in this forum every day, and I tend to not put much value in new to this forum posters with something to complain about.

I can see how you could think that with your limited time here.

Get some time and experience here and form your own opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My general thoughts on this subject. Not singling anyone out.

You have to remember this is an open forum, so anybody can post.

Folks on utube have their subscribers to keep them honest.

We have no way of verifying the posters experience and content of their posts unless said poster provides pics, and links.

Some regular posters are well known for their knowledge, but you have to have time in this forum to figure out who they are.

Then there are people who go to all the AK sites and trash what they don't like. Maybe they have a reason, maybe not.

I read every post in this forum every day, and I tend to not put much value in new to this forum posters with something to complain about.

I can see how you could think that with your limited time here.

Get some time and experience here and form your own opinion.
Theres plenty of shills on youtube.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 11:51:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I took my 102 out again yesterday & dumped two mags of steel BVA ammo though it.  One light primer strike which I contribute to the ALG trigger.  Very little recoil, & the trigger allows you to shoot pretty fast.  I probably have 150 rounds through it so far.  I had some light primer strikes at the beginning (mostly with Tula like Rob Ski), but the more I shoot it, the less issues. Mine seem to prefer the Polish WBP or Radom 556 mags.  I'm still waiting my my Form 1.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Any current owners have any updates? Any new owners that can add some feedback?
View Quote
Just got my eForm1 back.  Finally got the rear pin pushed in on my 100 series stock.  It was an absolute bitch to replace. Pics when I get home.

No new feedback regarding performance or anything.  Haven't had a lot of time to get to the range and won't for another couple of weeks at the earliest.  Might be first of the year before I have any time again.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:47:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Other than getting my Form 1 approved, no.  The stock from my PSA 105 dropped in without issue, and has tight lock-up.  But I probably just got lucky.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Other than getting my Form 1 approved, no.  The stock from my PSA 105 dropped in without issue, and has tight lock-up.  But I probably just got lucky.

https://i.imgur.com/hE53c2F.jpg

View Quote

Looks badass! I'm trying to decide which version to get now.

edit: I just ordered this one, one of many PSA AKs I own/ed.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Looks badass! I'm trying to decide which version to get now.

How long on your form 1 and are you happy with the gun? I assume so if you SBR'd it.
View Quote

Form 1’s are quick right now.  10 to 50 days.  I’m seeing a lot of 2 week or less from the wait time thread.  No complaints with the gun.  The ALG trigger needed some break in due to light strikes, but it’s gotten better.  I haven’t done any long range accuracy test, so I can’t comment on that.  And PSA offers a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Maybe try a mil surp hammer spring?
View Quote

That’s actually what I went to.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#15]

That looks pretty sweet.  But if you're going to SBR it, I always go the other way.  I start with a pistol.  That way it's easier to go back to a pistol if I decide I no longer want an SBR by removing the stock. And you can travel out of State without ATF permission.  It's a little more difficult for me if my SBR started as a rifle to pin and weld an extension back on it (I don't have a welder).

But maybe you already know all this?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#16]

That is quite awesome.

God bless PSA and the AKs they are bringing to market.

The amount of $$$ import AKs are costing is ludicrous. Just not worth it to anyone but a collector.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok so I have a dumb question because I am learning the AK stuff all over again. Say I order a PSA AK102 and want to replace the safety with say a Krebs. What platform/model/maker would the PSA fall under? Or will aftermarket parts not fit? Bulgarian, Yugo, Russian etc
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Pretty sure Krebs' standard AKM extended safety would work fine.

ETA: The standard PSA safety lever is actually pretty decent already.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ok so I have a dumb question because I am learning the AK stuff all over again. Say I order a PSA AK102 and want to replace the safety with say a Krebs. What platform/model/maker would the PSA fall under? Or will aftermarket parts not fit? Bulgarian, Yugo, Russian etc
View Quote

I tried the Krebs safety from my Arsenal SLR104 on my PSA GF3 and it worked just fine, having said that, stock PSA safety's are pretty nice and have the extended finger ledge.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

All true. But I don't think I'd go the SBR route. If anything I would maybe pin a can on and make it a permanently suppressed 16" gun.

I like this particular model because it seems to be a good value. The JMAC stock adapter and SLR foreend are probably $350 and should be fairly easily sold if I wanted to change to whatever else down the road.

What I would like to see from PSA is a 102 Stretch. Basically the exact same gun they're making now just with a 16" (or 13.7 or 14.5) barrel that's threaded ½-28. And wjrh no 24mm threads on the gas block.
View Quote

Exactly what I would've bought if they made it, kinda like this, this is a GF3 builder's kit that I did last year, love this thing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have found that the PSA safeties, especially the BHO model, are the best I have ever used, including Krebs.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I just got mine and was having the same problems with tulammo steel case (short stroking/failure to feed next round out of AC unity mags). Put brass into it and it was shooting a lot better. Reached out to PSA and they immediately responded. A+ customer service and why I will continue to buy their products.

Will be bringing it into their shop to take a look (possible extractor spring issue). Will update once we find a solution.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just got mine and was having the same problems with tulammo steel case (short stroking/failure to feed next round out of AC unity mags). Put brass into it and it was shooting a lot better. Reached out to PSA and they immediately responded. A+ customer service and why I will continue to buy their products.

Will be bringing it into their shop to take a look (possible extractor spring issue). Will update once we find a solution.
View Quote

I had the exact same issue with a 101 I grabbed a couple months back.  Sent it back twice, but they seem to have finally got it running.  Issue seems to be a rough/tight chamber.  They said that they flexed honed the chamber really well.  Had it out yesterday and it seems to be running fine.  No more action slowly starting to slow down then short stroke as the chamber warmed up.  It almost seemed like the gas system was slowly getting dialed back.

Anyway, it seemed to finally be running well enough that I ordered a 102 when I got home.  Lol!
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone came up with a solution for keeping the railed dust cover bolt tight? I've tried blue loctite and a little Rocksett and it is still coming loose. I'm very close to removing this thing completely, going with a standard dust cover and rear sight, and using an RS Regulate mount.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anyone came up with a solution for keeping the railed dust cover bolt tight? I've tried blue loctite and a little Rocksett and it is still coming loose. I'm very close to removing this thing completely, going with a standard dust cover and rear sight, and using an RS Regulate mount.
View Quote
Short of waiting on the new PSA Zenitco style dust cover, probably not much options.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Short of waiting on the new PSA Zenitco style dust cover, probably not much options.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, that's my worry.

@Jman_JJE any updates on the Zenitco clone railed dust cover?
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:27:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

@Melvin_Johnson

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AK-47/PSA-AK102-Light-Strikes-Firing-Pin-Specs-Customer-Service/100-169793/ Threads get locked unless you shill for them, be warned. They have a lot of influence on Arfcom.

I’ll have a couple extra firing pins hopefully by Monday if another PSA owner needs one (I’ll send free if shipping is covered), which is likely, especially when seeing others in this thread with light strikes. I’ve concluded that they size their firing pins on the short side to avoid the original popped primer issues they’ve had in the past (Ala Garand Thumb).

PSA never did send out a firing pin to me, had to source on my own. To be fair, they offered to warranty it, but they have been unresponsive to additional questions I have before sending. Called Monday and was told I would get a call back, but nothing.
    The refusal by the rep here to contact me outside of Arfcom messenger has been pretty annoying considering he claimed most of his messages here never sent to me.

4Shooters out of Florida went through the trouble of measuring firing pins to find me one that was most suitable. I highly recommend dealing with them for parts related stuff. They can do that for me but PSA can’t?
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I have offered you a full warranty service to send it back in multiple times. You have the label in your inbox. You said you would send it back when your schedule allows. You have apparently changed your mind. Do not contact another PSA rep as that will add confusion. I am the highest level of Customer Service in the company. Contacting any other rep causes nothing but confusion. Send the gun in and we will take a look at it. It seems as if you may be in this for the drama, not a fixed gun as you have posted this on another forum, and threatened to dox employees. If you had allowed us to warranty your firearm you would have your gun back now. If you want us to warranty this firearm, send it in on Monday and let me know. I am handling your warranty claim personally.

Josiah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Melvin_Johnson

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AK-47/PSA-AK102-Light-Strikes-Firing-Pin-Specs-Customer-Service/100-169793/ Threads get locked unless you shill for them, be warned. They have a lot of influence on Arfcom.

I’ll have a couple extra firing pins hopefully by Monday if another PSA owner needs one (I’ll send free if shipping is covered), which is likely, especially when seeing others in this thread with light strikes. I’ve concluded that they size their firing pins on the short side to avoid the original popped primer issues they’ve had in the past (Ala Garand Thumb).

PSA never did send out a firing pin to me, had to source on my own. To be fair, they offered to warranty it, but they have been unresponsive to additional questions I have before sending. Called Monday and was told I would get a call back, but nothing.
    The refusal by the rep here to contact me outside of Arfcom messenger has been pretty annoying considering he claimed most of his messages here never sent to me.

4Shooters out of Florida went through the trouble of measuring firing pins to find me one that was most suitable. I highly recommend dealing with them for parts related stuff. They can do that for me but PSA can’t?

I have offered you a full warranty service to send it back in multiple times. You have the label in your inbox. You said you would send it back when your schedule allows. You have apparently changed your mind. Do not contact another PSA rep as that will add confusion. I am the highest level of Customer Service in the company. Contacting any other rep causes nothing but confusion. Send the gun in and we will take a look at it. It seems as if you may be in this for the drama, not a fixed gun as you have posted this on another forum, and threatened to dox employees. If you had allowed us to warranty your firearm you would have your gun back now. If you want us to warranty this firearm, send it in on Monday and let me know. I am handling your warranty claim personally.

Josiah

You realize that I’ve never gotten an email or call from you? You have had my contact info since around December 12th. I needed to ask a couple more questions before sending it in but we had those comms issues with the Arfcom messaging system. I thought we both decided we shouldn’t use the site messaging system, so I’ve been waiting for someone to email me. I’m not one for drama at all, but I can’t do anything other than this if you don’t contact me.

Please use my contact info provided in my first message to you, or if that info was lost let me know.

“It seems as if you may be in this for the drama, not a fixed gun” -
Respectfully, I am thinking the same of you, because more effort has been made to post here than it has to contact me

Also, please don’t with the Doxing thing. It looks bad on you if you play into that. Your name has been made public by you alone (you sign off with it in your posts here on the forum), and if I shared your name elsewhere it wouldn’t be doxing. I haven’t even done that though. I kindly ask that you have the mods reopen my thread due to that fact, otherwise people have already stated it appears PSA simply wants any negative posts shut down, and is willing to use its sponsorship of Arfcom as the means to have it done.

Here is the Arfcom code of conduct as it relates to Doxing: “5 Posting of someone else's personal contact information (home phone numbers, home addresses, unpublished e-mail addresses, and the like).

This includes information obtained through WHOIS searches,etc. Also sharing any image of another member or their family, that the member did not share on this site first is forbidden. The last section is meant to protect a member's photo hosting accounts.”

If I did any of the above, I wouldn’t have an account here any more, and you sure as hell wouldn’t still be offering to take my item back on warranty. So let’s put that to rest. Otherwise I don’t want to send you guys anything if you are really accusing me of the above.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So reading through that locked thread, and what's just been posted here, PSA has offered to take the rifle back for inspection. Why not take them up on this?

Granted it can be a pain in the ass dealing with shipping but if PSA will send a shipping label then so much the better. Let them do whatever measurements and replace whatever parts and get the rifle back to you. If the rifle still doesn't work to your expectations then I'm sure you can work out something up to and including a refund. What more can you expect?

I can see your side in just wanting to change out a part or whatever and get the rifle working with minimal fuss. Still, I guess I'm not seeing why you wouldn't just be without the gun for a couple weeks or whatever and let PSA have a go at making it right.

Pulled from a similar thread. This user let PSA fix his rifle under warranty.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Melvin_Johnson

So reading through that locked thread, and what's just been posted here, PSA has offered to take the rifle back for inspection. Why not take them up on this?

Granted it can be a pain in the ass dealing with shipping but if PSA will send a shipping label then so much the better. Let them do whatever measurements and replace whatever parts and get the rifle back to you. If the rifle still doesn't work to your expectations then I'm sure you can work out something up to and including a refund. What more can you expect?

I can see your side in just wanting to change out a part or whatever and get the rifle working with minimal fuss. Still, I guess I'm not seeing why you wouldn't just be without the gun for a couple weeks or whatever and let PSA have a go at making it right.

Pulled from a similar thread. This user let PSA fix his rifle under warranty.

Quoted:
Didn't posted back in here until I gave PSA a chance to fix the rifle, but I got it back from PSA and it runs solid again.  What seemed like a gas-system issue apparently was a pretty rough chamber.  After PSA polished the chamber, it's back to running 100%.  Thanks PSA.  Once it was squared away, I ordered a 102 as well.  

I’m done posting about it. Not interested in thread hijacking.

J****h can email me if he wants.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You have a prepaid overnight UPS call tag in your inbox. Please send it back and PM me once it is enroute. I will handle it personally.

Josiah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m done posting about it. Not interested in thread hijacking.

J****h can email me if he wants.

You have a prepaid overnight UPS call tag in your inbox. Please send it back and PM me once it is enroute. I will handle it personally.

Josiah

No email, I’ll ask my questions publicly then…

Does insurance cover everything I’m sending you? Including my parts that have been added to the Firearm (you requested everything be included). What happens in the event that my parts are lost or broken by PSA employees (I’ve had it happen before with another company).

Are you guys taking it back because of the wear on the bolt face? Because you first offered to send the firing pin and then acted like you guys saw something else in my photos that raised concern. I want to know why you want it back (a headspaced Firearm that functions per my videos).

Why do you want PMs here still if you claimed all your messages to me were lost (reason why I thought you ghosted me)? Email is my preferred contact.

I’m all for sending it in, just wanted a couple things clarified. If my stuff is covered by insurance then I’m totally cool with it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Via PM you acknowledged that you already had the call tag. At this point you are lying and trying to drag this out. Either send it back and we will take a look at it or don’t.

Josiah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No email, I’ll ask my questions publicly then…

Via PM you acknowledged that you already had the call tag. At this point you are lying and trying to drag this out. Either send it back and we will take a look at it or don’t.

Josiah

Yes, I have the call tag sent by a different PSA employee. I haven’t said otherwise here.
I have legit questions about insurance before sending it, asked above.

As someone who is “the highest person in customer service” of a large company, you have now wrongfully called your customer a liar and a doxer lol. Screenshot one email from you to me, or one screenshot example of me doxing you. There is none

Why should I want any further dealings with you? Customers don’t really mean much to you do they?

All of this avoided with an email or phone call to a customer. Instead, just more arguing here.

I’m no longer willing to work with you. The warranty stuff is off the table. I’ll just fix/sell it. No sweat off my back. It is a missed opportunity for you to fix a bad product and hopefully learn from it. It would have perhaps swayed a couple people here into feeling more safe about buying a PSA product
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#38]
French, you are a difficult  customer. You probably don't want to hear this, but you have made it apparent both here and on another AK forum.

I feel your pain, I went through it with PSA and my 105. In my case my rifle was repaired and returned in 30 days.

It has been explained to you several times, you may be the next Jim Fuller, and be able to diagnose issues, but PSA can't possibly know the capabilities of every customer, and want you to send it back for warranty. It's your rifle, if you wanna buy a firing pin and carry on, awesome, but to go on with this is ridiculous.

I know it's frustrating, trust me, but let's stop this.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Thread has ran it's course.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top