BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#1]
All this talk about metallurgy... Toolcraft forges PSA's parts and I've never heard of any problems with their forged parts whether they are in PSA products or any other manufacturer's guns.

I'm not worried about PSA's guns making the long haul.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Did PSA buy DDI and their tooling? I heard PSA AKs were just rebranded DDI's.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did PSA buy DDI and their tooling? I heard PSA AKs were just rebranded DDI's.
View Quote

Yes early PSA AKs we’re but they have far exceeded what DDI was doing.

You won’t see a GF-2 or GF-1.

From what I understand DDI was starting to make a serious effort at making quality AK parts to build a 100% American AK. Some of those parts were good others not. I got to meet the owner of DDI at a early IV8888 shoot and liked the guy. Seemed like he genuinely wanted to make a American AK better than the commies.

At that time DDI was making parts kit aks. They were widely accepted as good middle of the road builds. There towards the end they started to add more “America” parts and some of those has issues. For the most part they were good guns.

PSA wanted to get in the AK business so they bought out DDI. Then expand upon what they were doing and taking it to a whole new level.

From what I remember, early PSA AKs we’re mix up builds. Some import parts and some American parts. Essentially left over DDI stuff. Then as the years went on PSA kept making improvements adding more American made parts to where we are now.

Maybe JJE or someone else will step in and correct me but to the best of my knowledge the “GF-1 GF-2 (not official models) we’re kinda mix builds. Would love to see a official PSA timeline on AKs.

They have came a long way and continue to impress me with the new offerings.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
All this talk about metallurgy... Toolcraft forges PSA's parts and I've never heard of any problems with their forged parts whether they are in PSA products or any other manufacturer's guns.

View Quote

Maybe wrong but doesn’t the parent company of PSA also own toolcraft now?
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I feel both tie in together. Good quality leads to dependability in a SHTF situation. Plus with the way things are, its good to share this information with a lot of people getting into AK's and knowing that the new norm is going to be American made AK's if the import climate doesn't change.

Quoted:
Are you actually just asking which American AK is the best quality or are you genuinely asking which American AK could someone depend on in a SHTF situation?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/7/2022 11:36:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You are entitled to your own opinion just like anyone else. But I can tell you that over the last 30 years or so I have owned and shot Russian, Chinese, Serbian, and Romanian aks and I can tell you unequivocally PSA's premium aks are equal or superior to any foreign shit I have ever shot. They use forged trunions, bolts, and bolt carriers, just like the communist guns. And foreign manufactured barrels cannot hold a candle to FN's hammer forged, chrome-lined, machine gun steel barrels.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/25872/IMG_0979-2590871.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/25872/IMG_0982-2590872.jpg
View Quote

As much as Mao likes to orgasm at the site of that Type 56 clone (I think back about proles bayoneted for their food and property), I suggest you try a Galil ACE. It will put anything PSA or K-USA makes to shame, or most foreign makes for that matter. Truly the most underrated AK out there, and does about 80% of what an AR-15 can do for the most part.

My complaints about PSA and K-USA are quite simple. I've seen too many posts on this board and others regarding PSA quality control. It's that simple. If you get one made right, it's a hell of a rifle. The FN barrel is great, but their AK-103 and other variants use a Bulgarian pattern and not the Russian century series pattern. For the money, we should not be seeing the issues we see compared to what Zastava offers for the same money or Arsenal for that matter. Moreover, no one ever saw these  sorts of issues with the Saiga imports we used to get, even after conversions. Same goes for Romanians that were assembled correctly (my Century SAR-2 needed a new FSB, but ran and still runs great). It's an established fact WASR-10s are virtually bomb proof 2.5-3 MOA rifles.

I bought a CHF side folding variant of the KR-103, and I had to send it back because the front sight drum was either spot welded or fused to the FSB (due to the finish they used) and could not be moved. The gun runs fine, but now after I got it back and they "fixed" the FSB, it is no longer concentric to the bore for suppressed use. Little things like that, along with failure to return my emails regarding the issue, turns me away from jumping on the bandwagon with US made AKs. I'll be sending my KR-103 to Rifle Dynamics once I get the parts I want to convert it (I'm going to try a Sureshot Mk3 chassis).

Sigh. This all depresses me. I just hope we still get imports or at the least PSA and K-USA works out their production bugs. Trust me, I want them to succeed, but they are not there yet.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 12:56:26 AM EDT
[#7]
While I have very little trigger time on KUSAs guns, I did buy their barrel components for my Saiga AK-103 build and they look as nice as the Saiga components I pulled off the barrel.

I think the US AK builders are starting to produce some nice rifles. I have enough parts and kits I don't really need to buy US built rifles because I build my own, but it is nice to know we can get replacement parts for our stuff when the surplus parts and kits dry up completely.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 1:07:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Yah....none
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 1:09:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a PSA AK103 with FN barrel. It’s just over 2000 rds and is BY FAR the most accurate AK I’ve owned. I’ve got 2 Arsenal (104 & 107) WASRSx2 and several kit builds that all run great. But the PSA is a tack driver compared to ANY of the others! The FN barrel is truly a cut above.
View Quote

THIS^^^^

The PSA premium series AKs with the FN CHF barrels would be an easy first choice for ‘Murican AKs
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
KUSA103

The only American made AK I have.
View Quote

I’ll change my response to “Grabbing” my Galil Ace 2 in 5.56.

Totally brain farted about it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My complaints about PSA and K-USA are quite simple. I've seen too many posts on this board and others regarding PSA quality control. It's that simple. If you get one made right, it's a hell of a rifle. The FN barrel is great, but their AK-103 and other variants use a Bulgarian pattern and not the Russian century series pattern. For the money, we should not be seeing the issues we see compared to what Zastava offers for the same money or Arsenal for that matter. Moreover, no one ever saw these  sorts of issues with the Saiga imports we used to get, even after conversions. Same goes for Romanians that were assembled correctly (my Century SAR-2 needed a new FSB, but ran and still runs great). It's an established fact WASR-10s are virtually bomb proof 2.5-3 MOA rifles.
View Quote
This is where I'm at.

I watched a friend go through barrel troubles, and other QC issues recently with his new PSA 5.45mm AK and it didn't leave me feeling confident with their product.

It's been a struggle for completely-domestically-produced AKs and I don't have enough info to recommend one currently.

I agree the Galil ACE is likely the best readily available "AKish" option, but it's heavy.

If I had to grab something AK-like for SHTF it would be a Swiss-made SG 551, but ARs are my go-to.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
And foreign manufactured barrels cannot hold a candle to FN's hammer forged, chrome-lined, machine gun steel barrels.
View Quote
@panzersergeant

Tell that to Steyr...

FN really dropped the ball with their AUG barrel production a few years ago. Users had chrome flaking off in as few as 2k rounds. This is a barrel that's supposed to be good for more than double that (and has been when Steyr made them).

Not sure what happened, since I didn't hear about FN screwing up other barrels that badly. Steyr switched suppliers, and now they're not chrome lined (sadly).
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I only own Bulgarian and Chinese AKs. My MAK-90 spiker has a total of 10k rds through it and only 2 malfunctions by the very end (stupid polymer coating on Wolf rounds stuck to the chamber). My Arsenals are a close second in reliability (had very few failures to feed that was likely mag related). My BCM, DD, and Sionic ARs wish they can match that performance!

As much as I love PSA (have their AR-10 and have nothing good to say about their ARs) I still can't trust their AKs. Spotty QC and always hear others complain about thiers as well.

So my MAK-90 spiker is my SHTF rifle, along with all the old Norinco ammo I have for it (better than modern Russian ammo in my experience)
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I only own Bulgarian and Chinese AKs. My MAK-90 spiker has a total of 10k rds through it and only 2 malfunctions by the very end (stupid polymer coating on Wolf rounds stuck to the chamber). My Arsenals are a close second in reliability (had very few failures to feed that was likely mag related). My BCM, DD, and Sionic ARs wish they can match that performance!

As much as I love PSA (have their AR-10 and have nothing good to say about their ARs) I still can't trust their AKs. Spotty QC and always hear others complain about thiers as well.

So my MAK-90 spiker is my SHTF rifle, along with all the old Norinco ammo I have for it (better than modern Russian ammo in my experience)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

PSA just stated this in one of the other threads when asked about QC.

Quoted:

We will sell between 600,000 and 700,000 PSA firearms this year. We sell about 2,000 AKs per week, some weeks more. We get 2-4 RMAs per day for AKs. Half of those are people who need help putting on furniture, accessories etc… we gladly help them and are probably the only gun company that would do that.

I saw a WASR with a cracked carrier on a forum earlier this week. The groups response was “just reweld it”. We make the best product out there and no other company could thrive in and navigate in the AK market like we do.

2000X52=104,000 AK per year
2 RMA x 7 = 14 per week = 728 per year

If my math is right that's a return/failure rate of 0.7%

And 100% of those are fixed / replaced.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#15]
There are no good american AKs currently being MFG, under $2500.

None.

Ill grab my $395 SAR-1 from 2001 if i was forced to use an AK over here.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
My toolcraft psa ak-105 bolt deformed with rollover in 25 rnds. It was 38 rockwell on the tester at work, and min is 40.  My romy ak bolt was 43 rockwell.  Psa aks are garbage. This is a fact. Bith of my psa ak products were returned. They are not to spec on hardness or quality. They will not survive. Would you like threads for pics on the issues?

100% fixed? Like my 105 that KEYHOLED and they refunded me when i did t ask for a refund?  What about the guy who emailed me about the 4 105 he bought and 3 of them keyholed?  Theres big issues and nobody talks about it.  Its like talking to a wall over here.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My toolcraft psa ak-105 bolt deformed with rollover in 25 rnds. It was 38 rockwell on the tester at work, and min is 40.  My romy ak bolt was 43 rockwell.  Psa aks are garbage. This is a fact. Bith of my psa ak products were returned. They are not to spec on hardness or quality. They will not survive. Would you like threads for pics on the issues?

100% fixed? Like my 105 that KEYHOLED and they refunded me when i did t ask for a refund?  What about the guy who emailed me about the 4 105 he bought and 3 of them keyholed?  Theres big issues and nobody talks about it.  Its like talking to a wall over here.
View Quote

You do a thread documenting everything?
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You do a thread documenting everything?
View Quote

Yep. And im following another thread on the effed up 556 ones too.

Issues with PSA AK-105

556 ak thread, issues others posted.

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yep. And im following another thread on the effed up 556 ones too.

Issues with 5.45 ak-105
View Quote

You clearly had issues. Did you only use one type of ammo in your testing?

And on the 545 ak issues I have first hand experience with them. But we think it was fixed on the 2 return back.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Sig 556 SBR.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You clearly had issues. Did you only use one type of ammo in your testing?
View Quote
Spam and tulammo from my 74 ww years ago. Its all listed in the thread. Didnt matter. Soft metal, bad barrel, using known good ammo a decade old. I fixed weapons in the army, and im a machinist now. I know bad when i see it lol

People prolly think im a troll. I love AKs and buying and seeing a US based company put out bad bad bad ones is enraging.  Thats all.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought an excellent all matching Polish under folder parts kit off of EE about 5-6 years ago and then sent it to Gunplumber from Arizona Response Systems for the build. American made but with Polish parts. That's the one.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

You obviously had some issues. I've only got a few hundred rounds through mine and haven't had any problems of any kind.

If I ever do experience any issues I will contact PSA and post about them here. But in the meantime, with a documented 0.007% failure rate, I will continue to trust, shoot, and enjoy my PSA GF3, 103, and Spiker. And will buy more PSA Aks in the future. I seriously doubt they would be selling over 100,000 AKs a year if they were as bad as you make them out to be.

With all due respect, you come off sounding like you have an agenda.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You obviously had some issues. I've only got a few hundred rounds through mine and haven't had any problems of any kind.

If I ever do experience any issues I will contact PSA and post about them here. But in the meantime, with a documented 0.007% failure rate, I will continue to trust, shoot, and enjoy my PSA GF3, 103, and Spiker. And will buy more PSA Aks in the future. I seriously doubt they would be selling over 100,000 AKs a year if they were as bad as you make them out to be.

View Quote
Im used to that. Im blunt.....ran out of sugar coating, many years ago. I like the truth, and thats hard to swallow.

All i wanted was an AK that was to spec, and they didnt deliver. Lemme tell ya......it feels different when that .007% failure rate is your time, money, ammo, frustration, and waste of energy, while other people are out shooting theirs.

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Im used to that. Im blunt.....ran out of sugar coating, many years ago. I like the truth, and thats hard to swallow.

All i wanted was an AK that was to spec, and they didnt deliver. Lemme tell ya......it feels different when that .007% failure rate is your time, money, ammo, frustration, and waste of energy, while other people are out shooting theirs.

View Quote

Dude I get it. I had like a year and a half and over $2k in proving to KGmade that I had defective integral 10/22 suppressor.

And much like you had to post all my findings on a public forum before they finally fixed it for good. And it works great now. But that taste is always in my mount about there products.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, do all the legwork, pics, document, all that, while your trust wanes in the product and company :(

The bottom line is this: we like AKs. AKs good.....and we want more on the shelf. Lets not use the CUSTOMER as the test group for new endeavors. Lets make them to hardness, to print, even if it takes longer to qa every bolt, barrel and trunion. Even if. We dont want 1999 Tantal problems. We dont want bent FSB. We dont want bad rivets. We want to be better than that.

Lets make US AKs great.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 2:00:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Agreed! 100%

Quoted:
Yeah, do all the legwork, pics, document, all that, while your trust wanes in the product and company :(

The bottom line is this: we like AKs. AKs good.....and we want more on the shelf. Lets not use the CUSTOMER as the test group for new endeavors. Lets make them to hardness, to print, even if it takes longer to qa every bolt, barrel and trunion. Even if. We dont want 1999 Tantal problems. We dont want bent FSB. We dont want bad rivets. We want to be better than that.

Lets make US AKs great.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

As much as Mao likes to orgasm at the site of that Type 56 clone (I think back about proles bayoneted for their food and property), I suggest you try a Galil ACE. It will put anything PSA or K-USA makes to shame, or most foreign makes for that matter. Truly the most underrated AK out there, and does about 80% of what an AR-15 can do for the most part.

I bought a CHF side folding variant of the KR-103, and I had to send it back because the front sight drum was either spot welded or fused to the FSB (due to the finish they used) and could not be moved. The gun runs fine, but now after I got it back and they "fixed" the FSB, it is no longer concentric to the bore for suppressed use. Little things like that, along with failure to return my emails regarding the issue, turns me away from jumping on the bandwagon with US made AKs. I'll be sending my KR-103 to Rifle Dynamics once I get the parts I want to convert it (I'm going to try a Sureshot Mk3 chassis).

Sigh. This all depresses me. I just hope we still get imports or at the least PSA and K-USA works out their production bugs. Trust me, I want them to succeed, but they are not there yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are entitled to your own opinion just like anyone else. But I can tell you that over the last 30 years or so I have owned and shot Russian, Chinese, Serbian, and Romanian aks and I can tell you unequivocally PSA's premium aks are equal or superior to any foreign shit I have ever shot. They use forged trunions, bolts, and bolt carriers, just like the communist guns. And foreign manufactured barrels cannot hold a candle to FN's hammer forged, chrome-lined, machine gun steel barrels.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/25872/IMG_0979-2590871.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/25872/IMG_0982-2590872.jpg

Zastava has had their fair share of well documented issues as well FWIW
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 9:48:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Thoughts:

Zastava pattern doesnt fit anything ak tho. Its extremely limited unless you want it exactly as it came. Its just a no go for me. More weight, ugly wood, more detents and parts to fail. Its just a no for me.

What about WPB? WPA? Polish? They are $1150 at atlantic. 556/7.62, good parts.....i also heard Pi****r arms is now forged and apparently much better.....

Basically the exact opposite of this topic.....start with any non us ak lol. Now my KP9 IS awesome....but i did have to fix a canted fsb, and that chaffed me  as well. ALSOOO while im on KUSA....i heard their bolts are BILLET steel, not FORGED, and their info quietly omits it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:57:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Nobody made the configuration I wanted which is why I built it the way I did. Combo of US, Polish and Russian parts.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Went and enjoyed my PSA AK103 the other day after reading this thread. Ran like a champ no issues. Just needs a optic and a 4 pc brake.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is that truly a documented .007% failure rate, or a claimed .007% failure rate?

I can “claim” Jessica Alba broke into my house and raped me last night. “Documenting” that however would be an entirely different and impressive matter.

Look, like most here I’m glad PSA is in the AK game. Competition is a good thing and I’m glad a company like PSA has stepped in and made the commitment and investment. I may even buy their Spiker myself because I think it’s kinda cool and it looks like a fun gun to shoot.

But I can’t yet convince myself “A PSA AK is just as good or better than any import AK.” Why? Three reasons, mostly:

1. The same track record most import AK’s have just isn’t there (and won’t be for a couple decades);

2. There is enough anecdotal evidence amongst various AK forums over the last few years - including more recently - suggesting PSA hasn’t quite yet reached the pinnacle of AK building; and

3. I have a very good understanding of economics.

I’m sure most of their AK’s look good, and I’m also sure most of their AK’s will function perfectly well for the way 99% of those guns will ever be used.

But when I see stuff like “my bolt spec’ed out at 38 Rockwell” or “This part simply fell off the rifle after 100 rounds”, that’s a good reminder that these guns are being made to a price point rather than to a very specific and tested military spec (as is the case with most imports). Building an American AK to the same standards as an Izhmash, for example, can probably be done. Just not for a price most consumers would be willing to pay.

If you ever look at the monthly lists Gunbroker and Bud’s Gun Shop publish of the best selling firearms you’ll always see one common theme: most gun buyers want “cheap” above all else. Then they’ll waste no efforts trying to convince themselves and anyone else who will listen that their cheap firearm is just as good as anything else. Rarely is that true though.

Again I’m glad PSA is in the AK game and is playing a critical role in allowing more access to AK’s to more people. But let’s not get carried away and start thinking these newer American AK’s are just as good as what foreign military arsenals have been pumping out for decades. The jury is still out on that, to understate the situation.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#33]
0 I don’t own any American made AKs. If I were going to grab an AK is would be my WBP or Galil.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Is that truly a documented .007% failure rate, or a claimed .007% failure rate?

I can "claim" Jessica Alba broke into my house and raped me last night. "Documenting" that however would be an entirely different and impressive matter.

Look, like most here I'm glad PSA is in the AK game. Competition is a good thing and I'm glad a company like PSA has stepped in and made the commitment and investment. I may even buy their Spiker myself because I think it's kinda cool and it looks like a fun gun to shoot.

But I can't yet convince myself "A PSA AK is just as good or better than any import AK." Why? Three reasons, mostly:

1. The same track record most import AK's have just isn't there (and won't be for a couple decades);

2. There is enough anecdotal evidence amongst various AK forums over the last few years - including more recently - suggesting PSA hasn't quite yet reached the pinnacle of AK building; and

3. I have a very good understanding of economics.

I'm sure most of their AK's look good, and I'm also sure most of their AK's will function perfectly well for the way 99% of those guns will ever be used.

But when I see stuff like "my bolt spec'ed out at 38 Rockwell" or "This part simply fell off the rifle after 100 rounds", that's a good reminder that these guns are being made to a price point rather than to a very specific and tested military spec (as is the case with most imports). Building an American AK to the same standards as an Izhmash, for example, can probably be done. Just not for a price most consumers would be willing to pay.

If you ever look at the monthly lists Gunbroker and Bud's Gun Shop publish of the best selling firearms you'll always see one common theme: most gun buyers want "cheap" above all else. Then they'll waste no efforts trying to convince themselves and anyone else who will listen that their cheap firearm is just as good as anything else. Rarely is that true though.

Again I'm glad PSA is in the AK game and is playing a critical role in allowing more access to AK's to more people. But let's not get carried away and start thinking these newer American AK's are just as good as what foreign military arsenals have been pumping out for decades. The jury is still out on that, to understate the situation.
View Quote

There it is. The truth.

In the end, those $300 romanian SARs, Russian Saiga's, and even the $800 bulgy arsenals had a $2000-3000 USA value in design into them. We just got lucky because that translated to $200 abroad.  We had it good back then, and we didnt know it. I should have bought an arsenal and a few SAR in each variety and left em in the box, for a day like today.

AKs are actually $2000 guns for the USA to make to spec.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Folks we have been in the AK arena for 25 plus years and ALL AK47 Rifles can be subject to a failure. Imported , Domestic or Home builds can all fail .If you read enough opinions on the internet and believe all of them you will find that there is no AKs on the market that are worth a dam. If you have the abilty to obtain an Imported AK47 rifle that would be our suggestion as these typically offer features like hammer forged barrels and forged main components. The second value is the fact they are imported and will hold a higher resale value than a domestically made rifle. Below is a list of the current AK47 Import line up.

Arsenal SAM7R
https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/arsenal-sam7r-62-rifle-1-1.jpg

WBP Jack
https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/wbp-ak47-762sc-jack-classic-rifle-1.jpg

Beryl Rifle
https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/fb-radom-beryl-m1-223s-rifle-556-fabryka-broni-luczink-6.jpg

Zastava Arms  
https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/zastava-arms-zpapm70-ak47-dark-walnut-zr7762wm-685757098120-10.jpg

WASR 10
https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/wasr-10-ak47-6-jpg.jpg

Pioneer Arms
https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/pioneer-arms-ak47-forged-rifle-1.jpg
View Quote

Removed, this is a technical forum and trolling is a no go here.

Besides that's not what was stated anyway. dryflash3
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Folks we have been in the AK arena for 25 plus years and ALL AK47 Rifles can be subject to a failure. Imported , Domestic or Home builds can all fail .If you read enough opinions on the internet and believe all of them you will find that there is no AKs on the market that are worth a dam. If you have the abilty to obtain an Imported AK47 rifle that would be our suggestion as these typically offer features like hammer forged barrels and forged main components. The second value is the fact they are imported and will hold a higher resale value than a domestically made rifle. Below is a list of the current AK47 Import line up.

Arsenal SAM7R
https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/arsenal-sam7r-62-rifle-1-1.jpg

WBP Jack
https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/wbp-ak47-762sc-jack-classic-rifle-1.jpg

Beryl Rifle
https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/fb-radom-beryl-m1-223s-rifle-556-fabryka-broni-luczink-6.jpg

Zastava Arms  
https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/zastava-arms-zpapm70-ak47-dark-walnut-zr7762wm-685757098120-10.jpg

WASR 10
https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/wasr-10-ak47-6-jpg.jpg

Pioneer Arms
https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/pioneer-arms-ak47-forged-rifle-1.jpg
View Quote
Agreed on that.

I was thinking of trying a pioneer forged one, but decided that if i do it, im gonna go WBP! Gonna pay to play, reliably.

Good post, pics and links. Thats how u sell
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Agreed on that.

I was thinking of trying a pioneer forged one, but decided that if i do it, im gonna go WBP! Gonna pay to play, reliably.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arsenal SAM7R

WBP Jack

Beryl Rifle

Zastava Arms  

WASR 10

Pioneer Arms
Agreed on that.

The WBP AK’s are, in my opinion, a current “best buy” for anyone who wants a really nice AK.

People yammer on about the “high” price but that isn’t anything new. People were also bitching about the price of WASR’s when they were $299 and the price of Arsenal SGL’s when they were $800. Some things never change.

I still contend that today’s “high” prices will be tomorrow’s “I should have bought a pallet of ‘em back in 2022” prices. Over a few decades I have never seen an imported AK go down in value. You just have to make peace with the current price and know that in several years there’s almost no chance you’ll regret having paid that price.

Over the years I’ve seen SO many guys not buy nice AK’s because “I’m going to wait for the price to drop.” LOL! That’s like me waiting for Jessica Alba to break into my house so she can violate me in unspeakable ways. Probably won’t happen. Especially after her asshole lawyers sent me that restraining order last month.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Zastava has had their fair share of well documented issues as well FWIW
View Quote

The new M70s imported and converted to 922R compliance by Zastava USA (not Century) have held up quite well. They are more analogous to the old preban Mitchell Arms imports from the 80s IMHO. The problem with the M70 is it uses a RPK style receiver (1.5 mm) meant for use with rifle grenades. Hence, it’s heavier, compared to stamped AKs from Russia or the  Bulgarian SLR-107 imports. They also use softer steel for the bolt and bolt carrier.

Regardless, it looks like PSA is getting better. As Atlantic Firearms pointed out, there have always been issues with some of the imported rifles we have seen from Romania and the like. Just check out what you buy and make sure it runs. I still stand by my remarks, as I own plenty of foreign made AKs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Regardless, it looks like PSA is getting better.
View Quote
Only with their 7.62 it seems. They seem to have that down.

They are back to GF1 with other calibers imho.

Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:08:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Only with their 7.62 it seems. They seem to have that down.

They are back to GF1 with other calibers imho.

View Quote

I’ll agree 100% on this.

My 103 has been great, my buddy has 3 PSA AK 7.62 they all have been great.

He has had to send his 5.45 back 2 times and we haven’t shot it since it went back last time. I’m sure they will still fix it if the problem continues. Just kinda of a bummer to have to invest extra money and resources to make sure it’s a reliable gun. But once again at the price point at which PSA is at compared to arsenals you can afford  $500 in ammo/mag testing and still come out cheaper and have a warranty.

And just because it’s an arsenal doesn’t mean it’s free from issues. I’ve seen canted sights first hand with them. Had a wasr that new out of the box had rust on the front sight post which later broke on the first mag. It also had a slightly bent front sight but definitely within use.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top