Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Junk.....It's an extremely dangerous, gimmicky trigger that's overpriced and marketed toward the weekend range warrior, living room operator crowd who thinks something like that is cool and will impress their buddies after it's installed in their DPMS or Bushmaster.

It fires when the trigger is released, TERRIBLE idea! Unfortunately, that company will make a ton of money because there are those that will actually buy it. It's not practical to use in a serious carbine/rifle. One is much better off, and safer to buy a Geissele trigger if you want to put rounds down range in a hurry.

There are YouTube videos of this thing and another that functions the same dangerous way. See how long they last after one of the living room operators has a ND and kills somebody because their gun fired when letting go of the trigger.
View Quote
I have no idea what in the right mind would make you bitch about this trigger system since we have something called the Hughes Amendment (FOPA)... Unless your one of those idiotic pro-NFA/Hughes amendment FUDDs.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I have no idea what in the right mind would make you bitch about this trigger system since we have something called the Hughes Amendment (FOPA)... Unless your one of those idiotic pro-NFA/Hughes amendment FUDDs.
View Quote
amen

update fostech sent me a new cnc detent cap havent gotten to try it yet but looks good the one i touched up was working really good but they didnt even really ask just tell them who you are and they will drop it in the mail
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

amen

update fostech sent me a new cnc detent cap havent gotten to try it yet but looks good the one i touched up was working really good but they didnt even really ask just tell them who you are and they will drop it in the mail
View Quote
Sounds like they are trying to get the junk detent caps out of the product without charging more. That is awesome. I may contact them for my other two triggers
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
According to their website, the ECHO is not 14 days out and they are offering $50 off for the 4th sale coupon code "ECHOIT"
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#5]
question... does anyone have the sear lock in its old form and new i believe i have the gen 2 original without the strap that goes arround the back what benefit does the new one have that dips down in the middle below the bolt carrier (the newest pic ive seen)

second i have the green springs in the weed eater fuel line bushing in and a snug cut carrier the only resistamce i feel is the trigger spring... now to lightening i have a zip tie holding the trigger back to try to loosen it a little has anyone disassembled theirs any further than the springs that pop out and what are our options
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#6]
and also the length of the trigger thinking of a slip on like hiperfire does on their flat trigger i think they call it a trigger shoe to help my finger back to the bottom of of the trigger it feels like its being forced high with this thing ruining some of the trigger feel
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#7]
and hey we all knew we were going to be high priced beta testers pre ordering a product that wasnt on the market yet deal with it atleast it wasnt vaporware *end rant* thays not to the majority of you guys working with these things. we got an excellent system for what it is
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Ordered my trigger less than 2 weeks ago and have it today.  Took about 15 minutes, watching the video, and it was in.  To the range tomorrow to see if I like it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ordered my trigger less than 2 weeks ago and have it today.  Took about 15 minutes, watching the video, and it was in.  To the range tomorrow to see if I like it.
View Quote
how does the trigger feel in echo?
Also, does the safety spin 360 degrees?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Can someone help my poor soul. I don't know if I installed it wrong, but I can't close it. When I pinch the hammer down w/ the hammerlock thing and hold the trigger, I still cannot close it (it's on semi auto). Is there suppose to be a gap between the hammerlock mechanism and the back of the trigger pack? I believe in some videos they touch against each other but mine I still see like 1-2mm of spring.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:33:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can someone help my poor soul. I don't know if I installed it wrong, but I can't close it. When I pinch the hammer down w/ the hammerlock thing and hold the trigger, I still cannot close it (it's on semi auto). Is there suppose to be a gap between the hammerlock mechanism and the back of the trigger pack? I believe in some videos they touch against each other but mine I still see like 1-2mm of spring.
View Quote
Have you tried placing the selector on echo, pushing the hammer lock forward and then pulling the trigger to hold the lock. After that try to close the upper.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I solved my problem. I didn't know it required that much force to pull on the trigger (at least for me). After doing what you're suppose to do, it leaves about a 2-3mm gap between the hammer lock and trigger pack. I squeeze the trigger an extra 5-10 lbs, it moves a little closer. I then have to push the hammer lock to contact the back of the trigger pack and squeeze the trigger again to about 25lbs of force and it finally stays in place I can finally close it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Trigger is very good in semi.  Good in echo.  Safety stops just like an M16.  Does not go 360.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:35:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Malfunctions,

In semi, fires every time 100%. In Echo, if I have a 1 second pause in between each pull/release, it works 100%. If i try to dump mags in echo mode, 3 rounds out of a 30 round mag, I'm have to pull the charging handle, I find an unfired round with a light primer strike. I don't think its a real light primer strike. It looks exactly like when you pull the charging handle and if you just pull that round out without firing you always see the dimple from the firing pin lightly touching it. If i put those unfired rounds back into the mag, they fire and cycle the bolt just fine. What happens when I'm trying to dump the mag, I will find that I cannot pull the trigger like its stuck. I open the receiver and see the bolt carrier is all the way in the home position. I close the gun, pull the charging handle and put that unfired round into the next magazine. I called Pete at fostech and he says put in an H2 buffer because it sounds like I'm running faster than the trigger. I bought the fostech as it was supposed to never have hammer follow due to that sear like device. Its the original design as i preordered march of 2016, received it around late christmas 2016 or early january 2017. Since original install, I put about 18-20 mags in echo on 2 separate occasions and never had a single issue until this last sunday when at the range for its 3rd outing. I had people watching and seeing the malfunctions. 1 guy said he wasn't going to buy one now and another fellow said he was thinking about cancelling his order after watching what I was going thru.

I took the bolt carrier apart and the firing pin is the exact same length as 2 other brand new firing pins. Im thinking about ordering an H2 buffer just to appease them and try it but I don't have a lot of time. I love the idea of it but it just seems odd they would tell me that I'm outrunning the trigger. Pete did say after trying the H2 and if I still have issues to contact him and send him my rifle. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 2:02:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Notice the dimple in the hammer

Factory hammer, ran fine for the last few years, no dimples. Just paint scratched off.

Oddball shape in the sear like thing? Is this normal?

Looks like their bolt carrier is catching the sear like thing well.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 2:11:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Sorry to anyone using an iPhone and clicking on my photo link, the visit Dallas advertisement seems to take over the whole page on an iPhone and I can't seem to close them, works on my macbook. Anyone know a better online photo storage with a mobile app to share photos like this on forums?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Photobucket s gone to hell

I would take the trigger out and see if the trigger lock has moved off or broken at the bottom before I bought a new buffer.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:09:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Photobucket s gone to hell

I would take the trigger out and see if the trigger lock has moved off or broken at the bottom before I bought a new buffer.
View Quote
Is the trigger lock the piece that pushes forward with the bolt carrier at the back of the trigger pack? The item in image number 3 that I posted?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:44:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Pretty sure they are using MIM parts.

The Franklin Armory BFS III uses a standard AR-15 hammer.
View Quote
My ECHO hammer is looking the same.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:59:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Is the trigger lock the piece that pushes forward with the bolt carrier at the back of the trigger pack? The item in image number 3 that I posted?
View Quote
I am having some problems seeing your photos on this computer but yup its on the back of the trigger pack and is linked through the selector.The trigger lock is that piece you have to push forward and hold the trigger before you can close the upper. Taking the trigger assembly out and inspecting it around the area of the trigger lock would be my first step before getting an H2 buffer. I think the H2 buffer is BS from fostech. I have yet to have any outrunning issues with the ECHO (I have them in a 9mm, 300 blackout and a 556). Its probably something with the trigger and not your trigger finger
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got back from the range trying to use Golden Tiger ammo with hard primers. I used an enhanced firing pin but it was 50 50 whether it fired. I used the same pin w/ a Geisselle trigger and it works 99% of the time in my other gun so I believe the trigger is a no go with hard primers. Functioned flawlessly with m193 and 223 PMC bronze.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just got back from the range trying to use Golden Tiger ammo with hard primers. I used an enhanced firing pin but it was 50 50 whether it fired. I used the same pin w/ a Geisselle trigger and it works 99% of the time in my other gun so I believe the trigger is a no go with hard primers. Functioned flawlessly with m193 and 223 PMC bronze.
View Quote
I need to drop in green springs and test it with the hard primers.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Please do. I have 5k of them sitting around lol it needs to go boom!

Edit: I just bought the green springs w/ red hammer. I'm assuming that only the green springs can be installed? Or will it disassemble/can you disassemble the trigger pack to install the red hammer spring?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:59:49 PM EDT
[#25]
just the green springs not the red one if the trigger hangs leave it cocked over night they come stiff
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:14:39 AM EDT
[#26]
I removed my trigger pack and inspected it very close, it honestly looks 100%. Not a single thing wrong with it. However I looked at my buffer and it doesn't have H stamped on it. Does that mean it is a carbine buffer? I may get a heavy buffer and try that. Im wondering if the bolt isn't fully 100% closing. Ive heard that colt and other manufactures have switched to "H" heavy buffers because in full auto they bolt carrier bounces and then they find the hammer follows the bolt home and end up having to pull the charging handle. Im thinking that might be what is happening to mine.

My buffer is the standard black PSA buffer, no stamping on the face but has their logo on it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I removed my trigger pack and inspected it very close, it honestly looks 100%. Not a single thing wrong with it. However I looked at my buffer and it doesn't have H stamped on it. Does that mean it is a carbine buffer? I may get a heavy buffer and try that. Im wondering if the bolt isn't fully 100% closing. Ive heard that colt and other manufactures have switched to "H" heavy buffers because in full auto they bolt carrier bounces and then they find the hammer follows the bolt home and end up having to pull the charging handle. Im thinking that might be what is happening to mine.

My buffer is the standard black PSA buffer, no stamping on the face but has their logo on it.
View Quote
I would definitely move to a H buffer.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I would definitely move to a H buffer.
View Quote
I'll order one later today, give it a run sometime soon and then report back. It could be a couple weeks, home remodeling projects taking a lot of my spare time.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Figured I'd report on my experience.  I installed the Echo trigger in my lefty 300AAC Blackout AR pistol.  Did the usual grinding of the bolt carrier to accommodate the new trigger.  So far I've only run a few magazines through it, however it has functioned flawlessly in semi and Echo mode!
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:46:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Figured I'd report on my experience.  I installed the Echo trigger in my lefty 300AAC Blackout AR pistol.  Did the usual grinding of the bolt carrier to accommodate the new trigger.  So far I've only run a few magazines through it, however it has functioned flawlessly in semi and Echo mode!
View Quote
Are you running a piston blackout?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Are you running a piston blackout?
View Quote
No, it's gas.

Link Posted: 7/13/2017 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Why did not you use the supplied carrier?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#33]
It's a left hand eject that's why he didn't use the supplied carrier.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:43:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I just tried the green springs and it still did not work with hard primer Golden tiger. :[
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:10:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I just tried the green springs and it still did not work with hard primer Golden tiger. :[
View Quote
Using 7.69x39 firing pin? Also make sure u have the spring cups back in the right way. If not they will rub on the disconnector and bind slightly.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's a left hand eject that's why he didn't use the supplied carrier.
View Quote
That makes perfect sense now that I know you are a lefty. I did not read it before. Posting on my  phone sucks sometimes because everything is so small. Areu running factory 300 or did you roll your own? I have run everything from 220 subs to my plinking 147 gr loads with not problems in my piston blackout with the ECHO.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That makes perfect sense now that I know you are a lefty. I did not read it before. Posting on my  phone sucks sometimes because everything is so small. Areu running factory 300 or did you roll your own? I have run everything from 220 subs to my plinking 147 gr loads with not problems in my piston blackout with the ECHO.
View Quote
So far just factory supersonic ammo.  Cheap stuff too (Mid American Munitions and Australian Defense).  I won't get my can out of NFA jail until the end of the year, so I haven't tried subsonic ammo yet.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Yeah I used my enhanced firing pin. I'm pretty sure I put it back the right way. Such a pita to remove my anti walk pins everytime to mess with my trigger. If you guys have any luck please post it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So far just factory supersonic ammo.  Cheap stuff too (Mid American Munitions and Australian Defense).  I won't get my can out of NFA jail until the end of the year, so I haven't tried subsonic ammo yet.
View Quote
If you start relaoding the prices drop even more.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Echo ARII trigger just released. No need for proprietary bolt carrier just standard M16/full auto bolt carrier. Original Echo trigger owners can purchase upgraded trigger lock ($25) to upgrade to Echo II.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Echo ARII trigger just released. No need for proprietary bolt carrier just standard M16/full auto bolt carrier. Original Echo trigger owners can purchase upgraded trigger lock ($25) to upgrade to Echo II.
View Quote
what , hugh
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:21:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Normally I'm all for companies improving their product, but this time it really pisses me off.

I'm having light primer strikes with a trigger that is supposed to not have the issue, broken pieces, a heavy trigger that feels like garbage, and a safety that spins 360 degrees in which I am told is a design feature.

Throw in the ridiculous wait time we went through for a half baked product and I'm pissed.

/rant. I'll keep it technical in the tech forum.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#44]
The old end cap doesn't spin 360.  The new piece that looks machined will spin 360 if your rifle doesn't have stops.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The old end cap doesn't spin 360.  The new piece that looks machined will spin 360 if your rifle doesn't have stops.
View Quote
Which sucks if your rifle doesn't have stops. I do not understand the decision.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#46]
I think it keeps the cost down when machining - versus the old part that was probably MIM.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
The cnc machined detent cap they sent me has stops and is not milled with the channel all the way around. I'm not sure why they made ones without stops and milled the channel all the way around the cap. Probably first runs defore the figured out a better method?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#48]
I got mine without stops last week.  I also got the new style paddle/lever.  I'm not sure if it's the one from the Echo II or not as I just bought the selector and lever, not a whole trigger system.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Normally I'm all for companies improving their product, but this time it really pisses me off.

I'm having light primer strikes with a trigger that is supposed to not have the issue, broken pieces, a heavy trigger that feels like garbage, and a safety that spins 360 degrees in which I am told is a design feature.

Throw in the ridiculous wait time we went through for a half baked product and I'm pissed.

/rant. I'll keep it technical in the tech forum.
View Quote
All 3 of mine are good now. The one I sent back for repair is the best of the bunch. No light strikes, no spinning, and a great trigger break in semi and ECHO  Did you send yours back again? Because something is not right

If they will replace the MIM stuff Id be happy.

I wonder if the wierd looking trigger lock I have on the repaired trigger is the new one. I need to test it out now
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Greetings!  New to the forum and to this thread.  I have an Echo.

What is your average trigger pull weight in Echo mode?  I talked with Pete at Fostech and he said the acceptable range can be as heavy as 6 1/2+ on the initial echo pull and 7 1/2+ on the echo pull (full pull to release the binary disconnector)  Mine was significantly higher than that as received from Fostech.  And apparently, I may have an early edition.  (from Gunbroker)

Pete said to send it back and they will check it.  I would like to hear from you guys before I sweat it.
Page / 31
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top