User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I'd not fire that either lol.
Looks like there could be a hole in that.

I have been checking over my AAC as I load a mag due to the dents (which I havnt had any bad ones), also checking primers as I have also had light primer strikes on the 75gr BTHP I got in March 2023. The LPS are specific to my bolt gun, but often primers are loose after firing so I check what they look like beforehand.

I dunno, I havnt bought any recently since I ordered decent amount originally,  but I have had different issues with the 3 loads I have bought...

My bolt gun unfortunatly won't fire the 2015ish IMI MK262 I have a ton of (Light primer strikes) so I kinda need AAC loads to work out.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
So far all of mine purchased earlier this month look good visually
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:
So far all of mine purchased earlier this month look good visually
View Quote
yeah I think they got whatever issues corrected.  I know a few of my early lots were a little concerning and I didn't shoot those rounds.  However, I think my last 3 sets of 500rds were spot on.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 6:31:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I tried out the new Garmin with this ammo out of my Andro Corp 16" mid-length gas rifle.

Attachment Attached File

I'm still loving this, and have been hitting the 55cpr "daily deals" at PSA.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Logcutter:
I tried out the new Garmin with this ammo out of my Andro Corp 16" mid-length gas rifle.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/543436/Screenshot_20240607-052722_png-3234527.JPG

I'm still loving this, and have been hitting the 55cpr "daily deals" at PSA.
View Quote

Very nice results

Same here. Have 200 more arriving today
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 9:29:17 AM EDT
[#7]
This stuff just shoots.

Back to back 10x groups from my better half.

Link Posted: 6/10/2024 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SuperJlarge:
This stuff just shoots.

https://i.imgur.com/YK0l4te.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/pCw7gOJ.jpeg
View Quote

Outstanding results

Don't ever piss her off,lol

Link Posted: 6/10/2024 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Saddlerocker:

it's a pain to mail ammo

View Quote

It shouldn't be, they should send you a prepaid label (most likely UPS), throw it in a box, drop it off at a UPS store.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 12:27:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Luny421:

It shouldn't be, they should send you a prepaid label (most likely UPS), throw it in a box, drop it off at a UPS store.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

it's a pain to mail ammo

Always drop off ammo at a UPS hub to be shipped. The hubs are where the warehouse is located.
The UPS stores don't allow ammo to be shipped out of their stores. Now if you don't mention ammo is in the box I guess they won't know.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#11]
This stuff just shoots.

View Quote

Awesome. What barrel length is that and what app did you use for that group size picture ?
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#12]
This stuff just shoots.

View Quote

Was this the 77gr OTM or the 77gr SMK? Your description says 77gr SMK.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 2:50:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#13]

Always drop off ammo at a UPS hub to be shipped. The hubs are where the warehouse is located.
The UPS stores don't allow ammo to be shipped out of their stores. Now if you don't mention ammo is in the box I guess they won't know.
View All Quotes

it's a pain to mail ammo

You don’t have to go to a hub. Drivers take ammo and high valuable items as well.

Both UPS hub customer centers near me have been closed for well over a year now. You can go to the hub but you’ll have to track down a driver.

I’ve found it’s easier to schedule a pick up or text my driver to let him know I’ve got a pick up for him.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 2:57:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperJlarge] [#14]
Originally Posted By mjmensale:

Was this the 77gr OTM or the 77gr SMK? Your description says 77gr SMK.
View Quote

SMK

I guess I thought this thread had become the OTM/SMK thread. I may be able to shoot better than I can read…

I can shoot it again with the OTM. It groups about the same.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By FloridaMan11b:

Awesome. What barrel length is that and what app did you use for that group size picture ?
View Quote

26”

The app is SubMOA  (Apple).
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

When I have a prepaid label, they never ask what’s in the box.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Cool
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#18]
This stuff just shoots.

View Quote

WOW! That's impressive! I can't wait to try this stuff out.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Shot 77OTMs Monday afternoon. Not disappointed with the results. I’ll have to sit at a bench some day and hammer some groups out instead of shooting steel out to 600 yards. Primers were a starting to flatten but not bad. Bolt gun and AR did extremely well. Would buy again.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#20]
So how are ya’ll who have shot a bunch of this feeling about recommending it over IMI Razorcore 77gr for SD/HD purposes?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:
So how are ya’ll who have shot a bunch of this feeling about recommending it over IMI Razorcore 77gr for SD/HD purposes?
View Quote

If the imi is double sealed I’d keep it for shtf stash. Otherwise the aac is gtg.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

I use gold dots for my social work ammo.  I'd be fine using this if I had to, but it isn't my first choice.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I keep Black Hills for my 2 way range stash, I strictly practice with AAC though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 11:47:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smitty_007] [#24]
Thanks for the feedback!  I think I’ll snag a little IMI to stash as my primary, and keep stacking some AAC when it’s on sale for range use.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#25]
The PSA 5.56 77gr tmk is in stock right now.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By FloridaMan11b:
The PSA 5.56 77gr tmk is in stock right now.
View Quote

I have an early batch of that stuff, its velocity was a little low but it was more accurate then my black hills tmk. STD on a 10 shot was 8.9.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 7:40:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saddlerocker] [#27]
PSA recently added "Made by Hornady" to all the projectile descriptions except all the obvious Sierra/Barnes/Nosler loads.

Looks like Hornady is making all the projectiles and AAC isn't yet.

The 75 Sabre Blade doesn't yet say it, but all the other Sabres,  the 55 FMJ, 75/77 OTM do, Likely an oversight on the 75 SB.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Just finished up with Cola Warrior Keystone.  Ran the AAC 77gr SMK.  Cleared the rifle course.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#29]
PSA recently added "Made by Hornady" to all the projectile descriptions except all the obvious Sierra/Barnes/Nosler loads.

The 75 Sabre Blade doesn't yet say it, but all the other Sabres,  the 55 FMJ, 75/77 OTM do, Likely an oversight on the 75 SB.
View Quote

So, does anyone know if the non-Sierra/Barnes/Nosler were always made by Hornady and just not specified until now, or were the early buyers of these rounds getting a non-Hornady bullet?
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#30]

So, does anyone know if the non-Sierra/Barnes/Nosler were always made by Hornady and just not specified until now, or were the early buyers of these rounds getting a non-Hornady bullet?
View All Quotes

I can't say for certain, but there were hints from the beginning that all of the "AAC in house" projectiles were made by Hornady.

Then last week Jamin posted here (maybe GD) saying that most of their projectiles are made by Hornady.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Bravo_Six:

I can't say for certain, but there were hints from the beginning that all of the "AAC in house" projectiles were made by Hornady.

Then last week Jamin posted here (maybe GD) saying that most of their projectiles are made by Hornady.
View Quote

He specified that it was only their rifle projectiles
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I wonder if the 77 OTM bullet by hornady is the same one Black hills new 77 OTM load is using.

They haven't said yet, but BH is no longer using SMK's.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:
I wonder if the 77 OTM bullet by hornady is the same one Black hills new 77 OTM load is using.

They haven't said yet, but BH is no longer using SMK's.
View Quote

Black hills still uses the smk for the mk 262 loads. The red box 77 grain uses the hornady.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:

Black hills still uses the smk for the mk 262 loads. The red box 77 grain uses the hornady.
View Quote

I'm aware.  Is the 77OTM hornady bullet in the BH load the same one that AAC is using?
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

I'm aware.  Is the 77OTM hornady bullet in the BH load the same one that AAC is using?
View Quote

That would be a pretty guess that yes as I am only aware of the 1 hornady 77 grain otm and psa wants to get as close to the mk 262 performance. I could be wrong, but I'd say yes.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#36]
AACs might be the factory 2nds Lol.
Sierra sells their SMK seconds via Midway.
Ever seen Hornady 77OTM 2nds?

Only way I can figure it's so cheap.

Pure speculation I am aware.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:

That would be a pretty guess that yes as I am only aware of the 1 hornady 77 grain otm and psa wants to get as close to the mk 262 performance. I could be wrong, but I'd say yes.
View Quote

Excellent.  I suppose I need to check and see if the hornady bullet is in applied ballistics now.

Link Posted: 6/28/2024 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Thanks!  Here’s to hoping the early 75’s & 77’s I bought also used the Hornady bullet they are calling out, now.  I have some AAC 75 gr JAG headstamp rounds from early on that I’m especially curious about.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 4:39:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jman_JJE] [#39]

View All Quotes

When we first got started Jason Hornady came out and looked at our operation. He wanted to supply us our rifle projectiles and partner with us in coming out with new projectiles to fill our needs for growing AAC. Keith Enlow from Sierra also came out and did the same. We had numerous presses we had purchased to be rifle projectile presses. We worked with our press consulting firm and figured out that we could use those same rifle projectile presses to make more brass cases. At that point we pivoted to work with Sierra to supply and Hornady to develop/supply all of our rifle bullets and use all of our presses to make more brass. This about doubled the size of our factory and helped us develop new projectiles with their guidance and expand our rifle catalog quickly. We only made a small amount of 55gr FMJ and 125gr FMJ for several months before we started working on retooling those presses to be case presses. If you look at the description of each rifle round it will say if it was made by Hornady or Sierra.

The project has been a massive success. At this point we believe we are the largest maker of 5.56 in the US outside of the Lake City factory.

Thanks everyone for your support,
Jamin
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Everything we sell is first run, we would never use seconds.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Jman_JJE:

The project has been a massive success. At this point we believe we are the largest maker of 5.56 in the US outside of the Lake City factory.

Jamin
View Quote

I don't buy factory ammo but that is awesome!
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#42]

When we first got started Jason Hornady came out and looked at our operation. He wanted to supply us our rifle projectiles and partner with us in coming out with new projectiles to fill our needs for growing AAC. Keith Enlow from Sierra also came out and did the same. We had numerous presses we had purchased to be rifle projectile presses. We worked with our press consulting firm and figured out that we could use those same rifle projectile presses to make more brass cases. At that point we pivoted to work with Sierra to supply and Hornady to develop/supply all of our rifle bullets and use all of our presses to make more brass. This about doubled the size of our factory and helped us develop new projectiles with their guidance and expand our rifle catalog quickly. We only made a small amount of 55gr FMJ and 125gr FMJ for several months before we started working on retooling those presses to be case presses. If you look at the description of each rifle round it will say if it was made by Hornady or Sierra.

Jamin
View Quote

Great inside info. Thank you

Stacking it deep
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 8:40:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smitty_007] [#43]

Jamin
View Quote

This is awesome information, thank you, Jamin!  Really excited to hear this project has been such a success for you guys, and I really appreciate PSA bringing the AAC ammo to market for us.  Even happier I made the 77 gr & 75 gr AAC ammo purchases I just did!

Link Posted: 6/28/2024 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Jamin
View Quote

Jamin 5 years ago: “hey, what if we made our own ammo?”
Jamin 5 years later: “we are the largest maker of 5.56 in the US outside of the Lake City factory.”

What an absolute king.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Jamin
View Quote
that's really great info and yall deserve all the success that's still to come

any consideration to adding sealed necks and primers, at least to some of the loads?
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:59:47 AM EDT
[#46]

Thanks!  Here’s to hoping the early 75’s & 77’s I bought also used the Hornady bullet they are calling out, now.  I have some AAC 75 gr JAG headstamp rounds from early on that I’m especially curious about.
View All Quotes

All 75 gr and 77gr projectiles not labeled Sierra are Hornady.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 6:01:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By mcantu:

any consideration to adding sealed necks and primers, at least to some of the loads?
View All Quotes

Jamin

We have quotes out for the sealed neck/primer equipment. We will do it in the future. It might be a year or so.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 8:03:34 AM EDT
[#48]

We have quotes out for the sealed neck/primer equipment. We will do it in the future. It might be a year or so.
View All Quotes

Jamin

this is the best news I’ve heard in a while.  Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

To be fair, I can’t even find 77gr .224 bullets (or loaded ammo) on Hornady’s site
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#50]

To be fair, I can’t even find 77gr .224 bullets (or loaded ammo) on Hornady’s site
View All Quotes

It’s a project Hornady worked on with us, it’s made by them for us.
Page / 14
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top