User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
We're aware of the pivot on the receiver implications, it's our way of not infringing on Norgon's patent (still in force at the time EMR-A was designed) and having the freedom to create the lever we wanted.  3 years since introduction, this has never surfaced as an issue, we make the EMR-A lever in 7075 and not steel to reduce wear on the lower.

This picture was taking in 2018, the test lower doesn't look very different from this in 2020.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We're aware of the pivot on the receiver implications, it's our way of not infringing on Norgon's patent (still in force at the time EMR-A was designed) and having the freedom to create the lever we wanted.  3 years since introduction, this has never surfaced as an issue, we make the EMR-A lever in 7075 and not steel to reduce wear on the lower.

This picture was taking in 2018, the test lower doesn't look very different from this in 2020.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/781/IMG_3047_zpsap7sb1w8_jpg-1638942.JPG
View Quote

I haven't noticed any on mine so far.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Stag left handed rifle.........
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Arms Unlimited, $25.00, works perfectly.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the CMMG version that Botach has the same as the AU and Battle Steel? I figure they might all come from the same supplier.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Arms Unlimited, $25.00, works perfectly.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2020 6:43:34 AM EDT
[#7]
@Duffy

Are there any ambi bolt catch that work with your mag release? Ones that don't need the receiver modified
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry not sure what you're asking

EMR-A was designed to be compatible with TDP spec lowers.  Because of the external lever, the area below the bolt catch needs to be flat and not have fences that will prevent the lever from pivoting.  For a lower that's modeled after TDP specs, there is no modifications needed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry not sure what you're asking

EMR-A was designed to be compatible with TDP spec lowers.  Because of the external lever, the area below the bolt catch needs to be flat and not have fences that will prevent the lever from pivoting.  For a lower that's modeled after TDP specs, there is no modifications needed.
View Quote

Think I had a seizure, sorry.

I meant bolt catch/release.

Was meaning something like this.

@Duffy
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#10]
EMR-A is incompatible with any battery assist device that attatches the bolt catch, or replaces the bolt catch.  They have a spotty history, to make EMR-A compatible, we'd give up some key features on the lever.  The compromises are not justified, given the malfunctions these levers can bring to an AR.

Some ARs with it installed work, some don't, I don't think it's a good idea to hang a long pendulum on the bolt catch.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 11:51:46 PM EDT
[#11]
This thread has caught my attention and I have been looking at it on and off all day

My Knights and LMT ambi releases (there are actually exactly the same) are an integral design with the lower....

I looked at all of the ones mentioned above on YouTube and each has its merits.  The NORGON seems very well thought out, but if I had to pick one, I think I wold go  with the FCD, especially with some of the explanations that @Duffy has provided.

Just my thoughts.

Bronc
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I've used a norgon and loved it.  

Everything FCD makes is lit.

I would also trust the KAC.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I would second the Troy but only for Right handers, if you are a lefty a Norgon style would do you a better job and be easier for your trigger finger to hit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
EMR-A is incompatible with any battery assist device that attatches the bolt catch, or replaces the bolt catch.  They have a spotty history, to make EMR-A compatible, we'd give up some key features on the lever.  The compromises are not justified, given the malfunctions these levers can bring to an AR.

Some ARs with it installed work, some don't, I don't think it's a good idea to hang a long pendulum on the bolt catch.
View Quote

Do you think the maritime catch would work if I cut the extra material on the bottom off?
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes and I've seen it.  I'd point you to an article on our site but I can hotlink to our site (we're not a paying advertiser).

I'd recommend against it.  Close proximity of two control surfaces is best avoided.  EMR-A's lever's shape is designed to provide ample stand off distance between the bolt catch, but not when the bolt catch's paddle is over sized and nearly touching it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top