Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 146 of 147)
Page / 147
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fordtough25:

Still Need a sling sir!!

She gets heavy after a few strings lol
View Quote

This came in today and already spoken for a Mk22 but still being procured 117 years since adoption.  02/24 production of a M1907 leather sling.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

This came in today and already spoken for a Mk22 but still being procured 117 years since adoption.  02/24 production of a M1907 leather sling.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_3270_jpeg-3232821.JPG
View Quote

Nice. Thanks for sharing CD!
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

Very nice!! I need to get one of those for my iron sighted a4 match rifle
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:24:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JTM20] [#4]
Recently picked up a few newly manufactured contract M16A4 stripped upper receivers stamped with the CAGE code “1HU06” for General Manufacturing. Both receivers had dry film lube and white T-marks and lacked feed ramps as would be expected for a rifle receiver.

I found that General Manufacturing had a contract to produce receivers in the late 2010’s timeframe, but have not found much else. Pictures to come later.

Here’s a link to where i bought them: https://generalmfg.net/shop/custom-made/ar15-m16-forged-upper-receiver-stripped-anodized-mil-spec/
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

One of the nicest 1907 slings I've seen
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 1:58:05 AM EDT
[#6]
If you just have to have leather and don't mind a wait, Eric Hollis.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is my clone.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 1:15:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Vehemence:
https://i.postimg.cc/t4YpLCRp/IMG-1669.jpg
View Quote

@vehemence

Love that M4 clone
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#9]
The M16A4; The 3 Round Burst Menace
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

All I need as an actual ACOG RCO and I think I’ll call this one done.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Indoor A4

Today was a good day.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By WittyTiger:

@vehemence

Love that M4 clone
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://i.postimg.cc/t4YpLCRp/IMG-1669.jpg

@vehemence

Love that M4 clone

Not sure which of the two, but thanks!
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Some slow progress on the A4 but here’s what I have cooking.

Saber Defense lower with all colt parts and correct old stock safety
FN F stamped surplus upper (No feed ramps) cage code barrel.
Good ol’ Grip Pod
KAC RAS
USMC KAC Micro

Better pics to come after I land a sling and RCO A4

https://i.imgur.com/ioHsmFo.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/xM6n1oY.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/umjKaWN.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/xjiTj7q.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/iJAI2D3.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/9jPRIDG.jpeg

View Quote

@WittyTiger

Never thought to use my KAC USMC marked micro on my A4 (been using a MaTech), but I like the look of it. Wasn’t sure if that was clone correct or not - were they issued like that?

If so, I’m gonna switch mine over.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 7:15:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#14]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

@Vehemence

what color are your KAC panels? They make three colors. Thanks

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

@Vehemence

what color are your KAC panels? They make three colors. Thanks

@Lancelot

And… 6 months later I’m finding your inquiry - sorry for the delayed response.

KAC rail covers and VFG are all taupe.

PMAG in pic is original FDE.

B5 SOPMOD stock is coyote brown.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 7:29:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#15]
@Combat_Diver

(or anyone else who knows)

I feel like I’ve seen this addressed here before - hell, I may have even been the one to bring up the question, but I can’t remember.

Could you please shed some light on the FN Military Collectors M16A4s being marked as ‘Auto’ as opposed to ‘Burst’?

Did they issue lowers with both burst and auto FCGs?

I exhausted my Google Fu before coming back here to ask this question, but everything online keeps coming back saying the M16A4 was semi-auto or 3 round burst only.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 9:20:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scottrh2] [#16]
@Combat_Diver

I feel like I’ve seen this addressed here before - hell, I may have even been the one to bring up the question, but I can’t remember.

Could you please shed some light on the FN Military Collectors M16A4s being marked as ‘Auto’ as opposed to ‘Burst’?

I exhausted my Google Fu before coming back here to ask this question, but everything online keeps coming back saying the M16A4 was semi-auto or 3 round burst only.

Thanks!
View Quote

I never saw a M16A4 with “auto” during the brief period we had them (2003-6ish) and for that matter the M4s were burst as well.  Did not have rear BUIS for either till sometime around 07-08ish.
My .02 is that A4 is just too friggin long and only good with a CCO so long as that ape arm length stock is on it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 9:41:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#17]
Originally Posted By scottrh2:

I never saw a M16A4 with “auto” during the brief period we had them (2003-6ish) and for that matter the M4s were burst as well.  Did not have rear BUIS for either till sometime around 07-08ish.
My .02 is that A4 is just too friggin long and only good with a CCO so long as that ape arm length stock is on it.
View All Quotes
@Combat_Diver

Thanks!

Yeah man, I hear you. Had my ACOG rearward as possible with a MaTech BUIS behind it, but I was still literally smashing my nose to the CH to get the best sight picture yesterday.

I fully realize nose-to-charging handle has been a thing for quite some time, but it’s not my favorite firing position.

Otherwise, I freaking love this musket! Still unsure as to why FN marked it ‘auto’ though…
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Yeah man, I hear you. Had my ACOG rearward as possible with a MaTech BUIS behind it, but I was still literally smashing my nose to the CH to get the best sight picture yesterday.

I fully realize nose-to-charging handle has been a thing for quite some time, but it's not my favorite firing position.

Otherwise, I freaking love this musket! Still unsure as to why FN marked it 'auto' though
View Quote
NTCH is a made up thing to get noobs used to getting a good sight picture. Use whatever eye relief is comfortable for your build and optic choice
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#19]

@WittyTiger

Never thought to use my KAC USMC marked micro on my A4 (been using a MaTech), but I like the look of it. Wasn’t sure if that was clone correct or not - were they issued like that?

If so, I’m gonna switch mine over.
View Quote

They are correct for a marine cloned a4!
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 2:27:38 AM EDT
[#20]
@Combat_Diver

Thanks!
View Quote

I can only answer for the Army.  No idea what is on the FN Military Collectors markings.  M16A4 are all marked with BURST.  M16A3 lowers will have AUTO (uppers initially A2 but later used rifle ramped flat tops).  All used a 20" bbl 1:7  twst A2 profile, fixed A2 stock, however the Army did offer a collapsible stock kit with H6 buffer for deployments.  Guns were intended to be rebuilt upon return.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 12:10:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#21]

I can only answer for the Army.  No idea what is on the FN Military Collectors markings.  M16A4 are all marked with BURST.  M16A3 lowers will have AUTO (uppers initially A2 but later used rifle ramped flat tops).  All used a 20" bbl 1:7  twst A2 profile, fixed A2 stock, however the Army did offer a collapsible stock kit with H6 buffer for deployments.  Guns were intended to be rebuilt upon return.
View All Quotes
@Combat_Diver

Thanks!

It’s a conundrum - here’s mine. To the best of my knowledge, they are all marked this way.

Seems bizarre that a company contracted by the US government to produce M16A4s would make a replica and get the FC selector markings wrong. Then again, I guess stranger things have happened.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 12:17:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#22]

It’s a conundrum - here’s mine. To the best of my knowledge, they are all marked this way.

https://i.postimg.cc/B6WWYP9x/IMG-4564.jpg

Seems bizarre that a company contracted by the US government to produce M16A4s would make a replica and get the FC selector markings wrong. Then again, I guess stranger things have happened.
View Quote

While the gun maybe configured as a M16A4 it is marked M16 with AUTO.  Guessing, this maybe to allow them to use the same lower for other versions.  Why I prefer the clone correct marked PSA receivers.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#23]

While the gun maybe configured as a M16A4 it is marked M16 with AUTO.  Guessing, this maybe to allow them to use the same lower for other versions.  Why I prefer the clone correct marked PSA receivers.
View All Quotes

https://i.postimg.cc/B6WWYP9x/IMG-4564.jpg

Maybe you’re right. Still seems like an odd choice for them to make, especially since they’ve never sold that lower as part of any other configuration. I have several PSA clone lowers, but the FN Military Collector M16A4 is a complete rifle I bought about a decade ago before I even knew who PSA was.

Seems like a goofy, if not glaring mistake made by FN for this product, but c’est la vie.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Seems like a goofy, if not glaring mistake made by FN for this product, but c’est la vie.
View Quote

Fuckey, for sure.

https://fnamerica.com/products/rifles/fn-m16a4/

The M16A4 is chambered to fire the 5.56x45mm (.223) NATO cartridge. It is a select fire rifle having semi-automatic and three-round-burst fire capabilities. Cartridges are magazine fed, and firing is achieved via a direct impingement gas operating system.

Military pricing on request.

Link Posted: 7/9/2024 1:17:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#25]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

Fuckey, for sure.

The M16A4 is chambered to fire the 5.56x45mm (.223) NATO cartridge. It is a select fire rifle having semi-automatic and three-round-burst fire capabilities. Cartridges are magazine fed, and firing is achieved via a direct impingement gas operating system.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

Fuckey, for sure.

Well, its value seems to keep going up and up. I have less rounds through that rifle than any other I own; exactly 50. After about 10 years of hibernation, it lost its virginity day before yesterday. Shoots great, but boy that mistake’s gonna annoy me. Maybe I’ll sell it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Getting ready to teach various M16/M4 builds this week.  Will assemble a M16A4, burst mech there with the auto sear
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Getting ready to teach various M16/M4 builds this week.  Will assemble a M16A4, burst mech there with the auto sear
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5662_jpeg-3262529.JPG
View Quote

Cool….kill!
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Freshly assembled M16A3, didn't use the burst trigger group but Geissele SSF (auto).  Will break it all apart tomorrow for a different build.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 7:33:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zakk_Wylde_470] [#29]
LT799

Can anyone tell me if these are legit?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#30]

Appears to be a real LaRue product to me.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Thanks, the super bright white lettering for the torque specs was making me have second thoughts.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 6:39:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scottrh2] [#32]
The wrench looks like it’s packaged in a mil spec packing so, I suspect the torque values were added for a .mil contract.  I had commercial one and don’t remember any torque spec on the bottom.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 3:25:31 PM EDT
[#33]
FN M16A2 20” barrel with Colt M4 lower (auto instead of burst trigger installed)
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By bcw107:

What weight buffer?
View Quote

H2 as assigned upper is a 14.5" MWS.  Been give AR build classes, so gun gets built into different configurations.

Link Posted: 7/20/2024 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Sun's out, guns out

Link Posted: 7/21/2024 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:
Sun's out, guns out

https://i.imgur.com/lL8Xjke.jpg
View Quote

Those things look like they spend 99.9% of their time in your safe.....just like mine.

Good looking rifles.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I did some gun shop tourism in my home town and found Ace buyers in Springfield Oregon has a rifle length M5 RAS for sale for $249. Not sure if they ship but you can call them. I could also potentially assist if they don't ship. I'm here in Oregon until Sunday morning.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By TaylorSwiftsCat:

Those things look like they spend 99.9% of their time in your safe.....just like mine.

Good looking rifles.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TaylorSwiftsCat:
Sun's out, guns out

https://i.imgur.com/lL8Xjke.jpg

Good looking rifles.

Unfortunately that is very true

Swapped to a fat A2 and an LT799 mount.

Link Posted: 7/29/2024 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Figured I'd share the FNMI pron before I put it up on the EE. Legit, issued M16A4 upper from the Ohio Ordnance batch years ago. Hate to let her go, but I never fired it and I'm tired of running a museum :)

Can't see the barrel date, but the rail is dated 03/30/06

Link Posted: 7/30/2024 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Heads up.....

KAC RAS M5 in the EE  HERE
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#42]

I need an A2 stock.  What is the go-to source for Colt or FN A2 stocks?
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 8:08:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Bump. New BKF upper. Enjoying a mostly correct 20" again. Enjoy :)

Link Posted: 8/28/2024 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#45]

Unfortunately that is very true

Swapped to a fat A2 and an LT799 mount.

https://i.imgur.com/zjsjbfD.jpg
View Quote

Damn that's nice!!  The only configuration I actually carried down range and yet I've not cloned it.....................
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Think I'm going with an Eotech for my A4 build.....

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By sawgunner73:
Think I'm going with an Eotech for my A4 build.....

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
View Quote

When was the EoTech approved by the USMC for use and which models are correct?  The EoTech is far more affordable than a TA31(for me anyway).

Does anyone know of any other optics used (other than the M68) besides the Trijicon?
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Attachment Attached File

Don't know when they were authorized. It seems the Marines are kind of like AFSOC with some of their weapons. These pics are from 2021.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Attachment Attached File

This Pic is dated 2014.....
Page / 147
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 146 of 147)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top