Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 125 of 147)
Page / 147
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hojo15:
In need of an optic for this clone inspired A4.
Other than an ACOG what might be my clone correct options?

Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/g68BWe0.jpg
View Quote

Aimpoint CCO ie M68 CompM2 or CompM4.

CD
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#2]

That’s an interesting photo. That’s a Barska (Chinese) carry handle scope. I would think it’s something he purchased himself.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 86HMMWV:

That’s an interesting photo. That’s a Barska (Chinese) carry handle scope. I would think it’s something he purchased himself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 86HMMWV:

I saw a picture of a guy in Iraq with a Barska on a m4 several years ago.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#4]

That’s not the correct grip screw.  Should be a stainless slotted head.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#5]
This photo was posted by @nitmr26 over in the M16A2 subforum, in the pinned thread about lower forging variations. It shows a Sabre Defense M16A4 photographed at MCAS Yuma, AZ. I thought I would rescue it from Photobucket and upload it directly, in case it could be useful to people who recently bought the surplus Sabre Defense A4 parts kits. Hopefully he doesn't mind me reposting it (and adjusting the lighting a bit). This could make for an interesting custom engraving project:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
This photo was posted by @nitmr26 over in the M16A2 subforum, in the pinned thread about lower forging variations. It shows a Sabre Defense M16A4 photographed at MCAS Yuma, AZ. I thought I would rescue it from Photobucket and upload it directly, in case it could be useful to people who recently bought the surplus Sabre Defense A4 parts kits. Hopefully he doesn't mind me reposting it (and adjusting the lighting a bit). This could make for an interesting custom engraving project:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/27888/Sabre_Defence_M16A4_SD10385_jpg-1450502.JPG
View Quote

Awesome thanks. I bought a sabre kit and the quality is superb, shoots insanely well for a non free floated barrel. Everything is super tight. The upper is noticably nicer than my brother's NOS FN A4 upper, which is also excellent. I believe their BCGs are microbest.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#7]
This photo was posted by @nitmr26 over in the M16A2 subforum, in the pinned thread about lower forging variations. It shows a Sabre Defense M16A4 photographed at MCAS Yuma, AZ. I thought I would rescue it from Photobucket and upload it directly, in case it could be useful to people who recently bought the surplus Sabre Defense A4 parts kits. Hopefully he doesn't mind me reposting it...
View Quote

@3ACR_Scout, I don't mind at all that you reposted that picture.

I purchased one of the surplus Sabre Defence A4 upper receiver assemblies and mated it to a "new" stripped Sabre Defence lower receiver.  It's as close as I could get to the USMC issued A4s without turning to custom engraving.

Link Posted: 6/7/2020 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By nitmr26:
I purchased one of the surplus Sabre Defence A4 upper receiver assemblies and mated it to a "new" stripped Sabre Defence lower receiver.  It's as close as I could get to the USMC issued A4s without turning to custom engraving.
View Quote

That's awesome, thanks for posting! Could you share a very close-up (as close as possible that focus allows) photo of the dot matrix font on your lower? I'm looking for a way to replicate that on an FN clone lower, and I'm seriously starting to think that just a lot of tedious time with a fine punch and small hammer, following a stencil, will do the job. That electro-pen / dot matrix "engraving" is so sloppy anyway, I figure I don't have to be very clean about it. I'm just trying to get a better idea of the depth and shape of the markings. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 6:22:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nitmr26] [#9]

... Could you share a very close-up (as close as possible that focus allows) photo of the dot matrix font on your lower?...
View Quote

Here you go.  

I would have much preferred a rollmark, but options are limited when it comes to Sabre.  I have to imagine Colt and Sabre were discussing the quality and consistency of rollmarks, when Sabre told Colt, "Hold my beer!"  

To be fair to Sabre, the "Thudercat" rollmarks that came on complete factory Sabre rifles were pretty nice.  My first carbine was a Sabre with a 14.5" barrel.  I wish I had held on to that one.

Link Posted: 6/7/2020 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Here you go.  

I would have much preferred a rollmark, but options are limited when it comes to Sabre.  I have to imagine Colt and Sabre were discussing the quality and consistency or rollmarks, when Sabre told Colt, "Hold my beer!"  

https://i.imgur.com/14Hb1yQ.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/ee1rhTE.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/kAVTUhZ.jpg?1

To be fair to Sabre, the "Thudercat" rollmarks that came on complete factory Sabre rifles were pretty nice.  My first carbine was a Sabre with a 14.5" barrel.  I wish I had held on to that one.

https://i.imgur.com/rHU7YZk.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/F86wqvM.jpg?1
View Quote

I have one of the 14.5" Sabre Defence carbines. Not going to part with it any time soon.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Clones don't really do much for me anymore, but somehow the A4 sticks around and always makes it to the range with me. I need to get an ACOG and an old surefire to complete the look.

Link Posted: 6/10/2020 8:08:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:
Clones don't really do much for me anymore, but somehow the A4 sticks around and always makes it to the range with me. I need to get an ACOG and an old surefire to complete the look.

https://i.imgur.com/tCDhYIT.jpg
View Quote

That’s simply perfect.  If it were me I’d leave it just the way it is.  I actually took my ACOG off and put the carry handle back on, it just felt right, and irons are fun.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By india13c:

That’s simply perfect.  If it were me I’d leave it just the way it is.  I actually took my ACOG off and put the carry handle back on, it just felt right, and irons are fun.
View Quote

Thanks! I love shooting irons with it as well. I'll probably swap back and forth depending on my mood.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ar_mcadams:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ar_mcadams:

You got me.

And no hole for safety wire on A2, correct?
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Here you go.  

I would have much preferred a rollmark, but options are limited when it comes to Sabre.  I have to imagine Colt and Sabre were discussing the quality and consistency of rollmarks, when Sabre told Colt, "Hold my beer!"
View Quote

Thanks for the photos. That's pretty hideous! It does give me confidence that I can probably replicate that font with a small punch and hammer. It would be a long process though. It's interesting that it appears to be pretty shallow. I don't think that would meet the depth requirements for labeling an SBR, for example.

I guess that was a quick, cheap way of applying lettering compared to the press(?) used for roll marks or a CNC engraver.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#16]
For those of you that have been putting the newest M7RCO ACOG on their rifles, I believe they are model # TA31-D-100581 (thumbscrew mount) or the TA31-D-100582 (LaRue mount), where have you been getting them? Searching everywhere, they all are out of stock with expected ship dates of 6-8 weeks. This is all I need to finally get my rifle to where I want it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jrpett:
For those of you that have been putting the newest M7RCO ACOG on their rifles, I believe they are model # TA31-D-100581 (thumbscrew mount) or the TA31-D-100582 (LaRue mount), where have you been getting them? Searching everywhere, they all are out of stock with expected ship dates of 6-8 weeks. This is all I need to finally get my rifle to where I want it.
View Quote

I found mine here on the EE. They turn up now and then. Might try G&R Tactical. He advertised one on his Facebook page a while back while his website was showing out of stock.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Other than the Grip-pod, are there clone correct picatinny bipod options?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:45:01 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

I got one from PSA a couple months ago. They went out of stock shortly after. Even mid-range optics are getting snatched-up during this current panic.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By cayman_shen:
Other than the Grip-pod, are there clone correct picatinny bipod options?
View Quote

The Grip-Pod is the only issued bipod that I'm aware of for the M16A4.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 5:15:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StuartBoyer] [#21]
View All Quotes
Got mine from grabagun.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:09:57 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

EE

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:

EE

https://i.imgur.com/GqBDzd6.jpg
View Quote

Yes, I remember asking you about that one a while back, with the silk screened reticle on the side. I can't exactly recall right now, but he person you referred me to either never responded, or he didn't have any more.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 7:07:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mb44kar] [#24]
Just wanted to make a pic reference for people wondering about FN USGI bolts and BCG's. I've finally gotten both types (F and FN marked) so I will show them here and hopefully people can benefit from seeing milling marks and such.
Not sure if M16A2 FN's or used these same BCGs & bolts.

"FN" marked example:

This next image is really neat. Shows the vertical/circular milling marks around the back of the BCG and the interesting milling marks which cut the flats on top of the portion where the hammer sits in the BCG. Both "FN" and "F" marked BCGs have both these sets of milling marks but this is best seen on the "FN" marked example:

"FN" marked example on the right/top, next to "F" marked example on left/bottom:

Here is a random comparison of the "FN" marked example to a GM Hydramatic M16A1 BCG, just because I noticed some cosmetic similarities. Horizontal machining marks present on both at the front, but a bit more subdued on the FNs & crazier on the GM.

As with Colt M16A1 BCGs, the GM lacks the vertical milling marks which travel down the back half of the FN BCG. I wonder if the horizontal milling marks can connect the two, more than just that they were milled the same way or not fully polished after milling.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Not sure if this belongs here or not.

Bone stock Colt AR15A4 with a USMC adjustable stock kit.  

Link Posted: 6/21/2020 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Took my A4 out yesterday and did a dirty 25 yard zero putting the legs of the chevron on the bull. Pushed put to 100 and shot better with it using a GI trigger than my 10 power scoped with an SSA . Very pleased with my Del Ton parts gun so far. It really like XM193 . Any other loadings I should look at?
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 12:12:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#27]
Heeeeere’s Jenny!

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:

More progress on the A4. UID label and rear sling adapter. Need to grab another NSN sling for it. I have an M7 ACOG ordered, but I'm not sure if I'm going to run it on the A4 or M4.
Pic thread:

https://i.imgur.com/zKs3LAq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MAb7Mmm.jpg
View Quote

Where did you find the rear sling adapter?
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 4:43:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wally05] [#29]
Originally Posted By Vehemence:

Where did you find the rear sling adapter?
View Quote

@vehemence :  it’s a blue force gear adapter.  They have two models.  That is one of them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By wally05:

@vehemence :  it’s a blue force gear adapter.  They have two models.  That is one of them.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 2:41:21 AM EDT
[#34]
FN kit

$535 not sure if a good price they also have some complete for $725
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By safes2small:
FN kit

View Quote

Their uppers are tempting....depends how drunk I get tonight if I order one...
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Had too much bourbon last night and ordered one. Then an FN stock from Sharkarms and a M16A lower from PSA.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 1:07:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By rbgonoles:
Had too much bourbon last night and ordered one. Then an FN stock from Sharkarms and a M16A lower from PSA.
View Quote

I did it too....too much tequila and an A4 upper and an A4 PSA lower is now en route .....

Fuuuuu k
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 7:46:08 AM EDT
[#39]
I have all the parts to make another A4 minus the barrel, this thread is making it tough!!! If I finish it I’ll want to swap my acog over to it from my m4 clone lol
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 5:23:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

@Jack_Flag

Where did you find the forward rail?

View Quote

@Lancelot

It's a BCM Tri Rail Mount. A copy of this Cadex's.

I bought a couple (sold 1 awhile bacK) several years ago.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm sure this has been covered so I apologize.....But how were the Vickers two point slings attached to the front of the M16A4's when issued/used?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By hemiman:
I'm sure this has been covered so I apologize.....But how were the Vickers two point slings attached to the front of the M16A4's when issued/used?
View Quote

@hemiman

Blue Force Gear Rail Mount sling mount mounted on the side of the M5 RAS.  They sell them along with everything else needed for the right sling setup on Blue Force Gear's website.  There were some other ways to do it as well.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By wally05:

@hemiman

Blue Force Gear Rail Mount sling mount mounted on the side of the M5 RAS.  They sell them along with everything else needed for the right sling setup on Blue Force Gear's website.  There were some other ways to do it as well.
View Quote

Excellent, thanks!

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 2:58:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hemiman] [#45]
Slowly but surely...Now that the two most expensive pieces have been bought, the rest is smooth sailing.

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By safes2small:
FN kit

View Quote

complete fn upper
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#47]
FN buttstock assembly from Shark Arms en route and so is a LPK...Should be finished with mine by the end of the week.

Also, if anyone has a line on a KAC VFG or has an extra they want to sell....Hit me up. I'm desperately in need of one.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#48]
FN buttstock assembly from Shark Arms en route and so is a LPK...Should be finished with mine by the end of the week.

Also, if anyone has a line on a KAC VFG or has an extra they want to sell....Hit me up. I'm desperately in need of one.
View Quote

Chris at SAC had the VFGs, not sure if he's out?
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

View Quote

I believe they're out, but I sent an email anyway just in case.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

Good plan. The man's webpage is.....lacking.

I've found it better to hit him up rather than guess.
Page / 147
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 125 of 147)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top