Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 232
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#1]
So is the surefire flash hider kosher for a muzzle device on a 1.5? this is all I really need to finish my 1.5 clone and just want to make sure I get it right.

Im pretty sure santa aka my gf is getting me a cqd sling mount for christmas so it will be basically complete without the flash hider ill post pics sometime after christmas.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 7:24:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CSAKing:
So is the surefire flash hider kosher for a muzzle device on a 1.5? this is all I really need to finish my 1.5 clone and just want to make sure I get it right.

Im pretty sure santa aka my gf is getting me a cqd sling mount for christmas so it will be basically complete without the flash hider ill post pics sometime after christmas.
View Quote

Yep, the SF3P (although technically it's not the correct one) is clone kosher for a 1.5 since it's nearly impossibly to get your hands on the 4 prong Surefire mount.

ETA:  Here is a pic from one of our members, JShepard.  IIRC this is his issued stuff.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RJeff21:

Yep, the SF3P (although technically it's not the correct one) is clone kosher for a 1.5 since it's nearly impossibly to get your hands on the 4 prong Surefire mount.

ETA:  Here is a pic from one of our members, JShepard.  IIRC this is his issued stuff.

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y322/_MacGyver-/cs1-Copy_zpsaa5276a2.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

So now for my final question, which one does everyone like more? The three prong or the birdcage surefire flash hider? Any big pros or cons to either one?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#4]

So now for my final question, which one does everyone like more? The three prong or the birdcage surefire flash hider? Any big pros or cons to either one?
View All Quotes

Most of em ive seen run the 3 prong since it's the closest thing you can get to the 4 prong. Kind of like how ppl are buying the civi powered AN/PEQ-15's since full powered are few and far between for civi's.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 8:01:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#5]

View All Quotes

Well considering the birdcage (old 212a) is for a different model of suppressor that wasn't part of the SOPMOD kit, the only "correct" model would be the SF3P.  IIRC there were a few issued Block II's back before the contract for the Surefire SOCOM's came about that used the 212a and it's accompanying suppressor (pretty sure they were USAF SOF), but AFAIK, those were unit level purchases and weren't issued in large numbers or part of the actual SOPMOD kit.

ETA:  While you could technically be correct with a 212a, the more correct version would be the SF3P.  My personal preference leans towards the SF3P as well, I just prefer "pronged" flash hiders as they seem to do the job of flash suppression better than the birdcage styles.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Well considering the birdcage (old 212a) is for a different model of suppressor that wasn't part of the SOPMOD kit, the only "correct" model would be the SF3P.  IIRC there were a few issued Block II's back before the contract for the Surefire SOCOM's came about that used the 212a and it's accompanying suppressor (pretty sure they were USAF SOF), but AFAIK, those were unit level purchases and weren't issued in large numbers or part of the actual SOPMOD kit.

ETA:  While you could technically be correct with a 212a, the more correct version would be the SF3P.  My personal preference leans towards the SF3P as well, I just prefer "pronged" flash hiders as they seem to do the job of flash suppression better than the birdcage styles.
View All Quotes

well ordered a sf3p from dsg, ill get some pictures up when it gets here.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 3:36:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#7]

Pic thread-  I'm sure i'll catch a ration of shit for the KNS pins but this lower needs em. Observe the green SOCOM barrel, this whole rifle was sprayed on thanksgiving, got some more scrubbing to do.

ETA- This shit always shows up tiny from mobile, if somebody knows how to repost the full size go for it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the Block I thread; it is a downright beautiful rifle
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By veeklog:
I love the Block I thread; it is a downright beautiful rifle
View Quote

Agreed. Hopefully Alaska511 stops by soon so he can make mine bigger than avatar size
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:07:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BamaTim] [#10]

I am kinda digging the pistol a lot.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/kxracer27/20141227_111347.jpg

Pic thread-  I'm sure i'll catch a ration of shit for the KNS pins but this lower needs em. Observe the green SOCOM barrel, this whole rifle was sprayed on thanksgiving, got some more scrubbing to do.
ETA- This shit always shows up tiny from mobile, if somebody knows how to repost the full size go for it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/kxracer27/20141227_111347.jpg~original

Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Thank you sir!
View All Quotes

Thank you sir!
Anytime. I should have something of my own to post in here in the upcoming weeks.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Anytime. I should have something of my own to post in here in the upcoming weeks.

View All Quotes

Thank you sir!

Venturing out of the mk 12 world? You building a 1.5?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

<snip>

Short vacation at least.

This pic that turbineguy posted back on 28 got my juices flowing and I just "had" to have one.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Short vacation at least.

This pic that turbineguy posted back on 28 got my juices flowing and I just "had" to have one.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e190/turbineguy03/imagejpg1_zps6f7e0e0d.jpg~original

View All Quotes
<snip>

Short vacation at least.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e190/turbineguy03/imagejpg1_zps6f7e0e0d.jpg~original

Damn it! I'm waiting on delivery of my Colt 6920 to my lgs and I have a T1 sitting here...
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Short vacation at least.

View All Quotes
<snip>

Short vacation at least.

Hell yea. I got just as much love for the block 1 and 1.5 as the 2
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:54:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#18]

View All Quotes

<snip>

Short vacation at least.

I love my blockII FSP; I'm just looking for something a little lighter/handier.

Upper and KAC RAS are en route. 952v, gen2 waffle, and lower are in hand. I just need to pick up a T1/lt660 and a KAC 200-600.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Upper and KAC RAS are en route. 952v, gen2 waffle, and lower are in hand. I just need to pick up a T1/lt660 and a KAC 200-600.

View All Quotes
<snip>

Short vacation at least.

Just wanted to throw this out there, but IIRC, warping has stated those are not M4A1's and they don't appear to feature an SOPMOD items either.

Just a heads up.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Just wanted to throw this out there, but IIRC, warping has stated those are not M4A1's and they don't appear to feature an SOPMOD items either.

Just a heads up.  
View All Quotes

<snip>

Just a heads up.  
Well that kinda sucks.

I guess it'll fit in somewhere.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:41:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#21]
Well that kinda sucks.

View All Quotes
<snip>

Just a heads up.  
Well that kinda sucks.

Clone that rifle right there, throw on a matech along with your surefire M952, throw on a comp M3 or an ACOG, smells block 1ish enough for me. That rifle in the pic isnt a SOPMOD rifle, but it's not a whole lot far away from being one. If you want an AN/PEQ-15 the correct one would be the AN/PEQ 2.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:42:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Just a heads up.  
View Quote

No, those ARE M4A1s in use with the MEFs Force Recon Co's. They don't fall 100% under the SOPMOD program for all M4A1 parts like MARSOC does. Some of the SOPMOD parts they do use are usually COTS purchases.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Short vacation at least.

View All Quotes
<snip>

Short vacation at least.

Black LA-5?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

Black LA-5?
View All Quotes
<snip>

Short vacation at least.

Black LA-5?

Yessir
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:58:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Yessir
View All Quotes
<snip>

Short vacation at least.

Black LA-5?

Yessir

Interdasting. I've never seen one before and wasn't sure if it was the lighting.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Interdasting. I've never seen one before and wasn't sure if it was the lighting.
View Quote

Yea you tend to see 99 percent of em in FDE. Easiest way to tell a black LA-5 from an AN/PEQ-2 is the length and fatness. AN/PEQ-2's are literally like 3 fuckin times longer lol
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:07:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Yea you tend to see 99 percent of em in FDE. Easiest way to tell a black LA-5 from an AN/PEQ-2 is the length and fatness. AN/PEQ-2's are literally like 3 fuckin times longer lol
View All Quotes

Yeah, I've used both. I just didn't know the LA-5 came in black like the PEQ-15s. I also just noticed the black LA-5s on the three 416s in the CQBR thread.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:12:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Yeah, I've used both. I just didn't know the LA-5 came in black like the PEQ-15s. I also just noticed the black LA-5s on the three 416s in the CQBR thread.
View All Quotes

Gotcha. But yea the only reason I knew is because I saw it on insight's website a year or so ago. Definitely don't see too many of em tho. Somebody just bought a black ATPIAL-C the other day in either the M4A1 block II thread of Mk 18 thread. It refreshed my memory and was weird seeing a brand new black one, they actually look pretty fuckin sick brand new
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By warpig8654:

No, those ARE M4A1s in use with the MEFs Force Recon Co's. They don't fall 100% under the SOPMOD program for all M4A1 parts like MARSOC does. Some of the SOPMOD parts they do use are usually COTS purchases.
View All Quotes

Just a heads up.  

Interesting, I guess my memory is starting to suck as I grow older.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:30:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#30]

View All Quotes

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/541606_M4A1_SOPMOD_Block_II_clone_picture_thread.html&page=967

Check out drb's 3rd pic. Sexy ass black ATPIAL-C
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Just a heads up.  

No worries, brah. We used some interesting variations of accessories on the M4A1 over the years & doesn't look like that's gonna change anytime soon in Force. We used some fairly standard SOPMOD configs in MARSOC.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 5:27:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Some great looking rifles in here!
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Just a heads up.  

All of mine are COTS, so maybe this will work.

I apologize for the shitty pic. It started pissing down outside and it's the best I could manage.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#35]

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qEiL3N" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7565/16186054362_b43ffb0fff_h.jpg</a>
I apologize for the shitty pic. It started pissing down outside and it's the best I could manage.

View All Quotes

Just a heads up.  

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qEiL3N" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7565/16186054362_b43ffb0fff_h.jpg</a>

I'd call that clone correct all day son! You got it together pretty damn quick too no?
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Just a heads up.  

That's a nice su231a...looks good!
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 3:43:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#37]

I'd call that clone correct all day son! You got it together pretty damn quick too no?
View All Quotes

<snip>

A lot quicker than my 12's.

The su-231a, and m4 RAS showed up yesterday and the barreled upper came in a couple hours ago.

Originally Posted By gettingthere:

That's a nice su231a...looks good!

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Paging Dr Wheelman, your pic expanding expertise is required. Mag is a pre-ban Colt but still blocked to 10 rounds anyways to be on the safe side and bullet button is installed for the law nazi's

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Paging Dr Wheelman, your pic expanding expertise is required. Mag is a pre-ban Colt but still blocked to 10 rounds anyways to be on the safe side and bullet button is installed for the law nazi's

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/kxracer27/Mobile%20Uploads/20150103_114028.jpg
View Quote

I have a gen1 SOPMOD I may throw on mine to see how it feels.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#40]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/kxracer27/Mobile%20Uploads/20150103_114028.jpg~original

View All Quotes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/kxracer27/Mobile%20Uploads/20150103_114028.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/kxracer27/Mobile%20Uploads/20150103_114028.jpg~original

Honestly I think the waffle looks just as good as the SOPMOD, but the cheek weld and the storage makes it a done deal for me. Waffle is still my second favorite carbine stock made tho
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Honestly I think the waffle looks just as good as the SOPMOD, but the cheek weld and the storage makes it a done deal for me. Waffle is still my second favorite carbine stock made tho
View All Quotes

I'm really diggin' how light it is currently, so the SOPMOD may go back in the parts bin.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Not a bad idea my friend. Mine is upwards of 10 lbs, plus the waffle looks badass anyways
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#43]

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kxracer27/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150103_114028.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/kxracer27/Mobile%20Uploads/20150103_114028.jpg</a>
View Quote

It has KNS pins, so you should really send it to me before you get the ebola. I'm just trying to be a nice guy and help you out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:

It has KNS pins, so you should really send it to me before you get the ebola. I'm just trying to be a nice guy and help you out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kxracer27/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150103_114028.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/kxracer27/Mobile%20Uploads/20150103_114028.jpg</a>

Lol! Your post gave me the clap. That lower has a reamed out hammer pin channel so i threw the ebola pins on
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#45]

The more I see these (daily ) the more I dig the spray. Reminds me of a rattle snake in the sand dunes of the mojave desert. It's growing on me
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 3:32:40 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#47]
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qoMwC7" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7537/16010408398_60b56aefd1_h.jpg</a>

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qoNemJ" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7515/16010545430_86f3ac1168_h.jpg</a>  
View Quote

Looks damn good. Looks like our block 1.5's could be cousins, or.....step brothers. Mines the African step brother with KNS ebola pins

What sling is that? I need to pick up another 2 point. Starting to get burnt out on single points.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Looks damn good. Looks like our block 1.5's could be cousins, or.....step brothers. Mines the African step brother with KNS ebola pins

What sling is that? I need to pick up another 2 point. Starting to get burnt out on single points.
View All Quotes

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qoMwC7" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7537/16010408398_60b56aefd1_h.jpg</a>

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qoNemJ" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7515/16010545430_86f3ac1168_h.jpg</a>  

Tactical Tailor 2pt

Pretty comfy, especially on a lighter rifle. I love my padded MK2's, but this one ain't bad.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Yay paint.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By BePhreed:
Yay paint.

<a href="http://s737.photobucket.com/user/Bephreed/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DD213B2B-6CCB-42A1-9393-46DC39984B61_zps8b8ofgzy.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx11/Bephreed/Mobile%20Uploads/DD213B2B-6CCB-42A1-9393-46DC39984B61_zps8b8ofgzy.jpg</a>
View Quote

Looks sick!! At first glance I thought there was a couple GI's sleeping on your garage floor lol
Page / 232
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top