User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 908
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:32:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks for the photos!

Interesting that the IUID lists the CAGE for TACOM, not Colt - but the lower is clearly a Colt factory M4A1 lower.  

ETA:  Unintentional page ownership... just a repeat -

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:23:55 AM EDT
[#2]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PirateEC:
Originally Posted By jray02r1:
Where can I find a copy of the QR Code Sticker that is found on the right magwell of issue M4's ?  I keep finding stores that used to sell them, but everyone is sold out.  Maybe I'm searching incorrectly?

One off a real M4A1

http://37.media.tumblr.com/bc36e894ad33f9f645f365e556804458/tumblr_n4kla8Th6T1tws180o1_1280.jpg

Appears the sticker I have is off a little. I'll see what I can do at work today.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:38:47 AM EDT
[#3]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PirateEC:
Where can I find a copy of the QR Code Sticker that is found on the right magwell of issue M4's ?  I keep finding stores that used to sell them, but everyone is sold out.  Maybe I'm searching incorrectly?

One off a real M4A1

http://37.media.tumblr.com/bc36e894ad33f9f645f365e556804458/tumblr_n4kla8Th6T1tws180o1_1280.jpg

Awesome, thank you for the pictures
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#4]
What's the point of these stickers again?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
What's the point of these stickers again?
View Quote

Supply/control purposes for inventory. It contains the mfr (CAGE) part # and serial # of equipment. We use them at work for things other than weapons.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:17:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#6]
Quick photo before the range today. Just recently picked up this 91 W.German P226. Im in love.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#7]
http://elcansightingsystems.com/

check out the "new" section.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:27:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CKxx] [#8]
QR STICKERS

I've had quite a few people PM me about getting some of these.  I talked to my sticker guy last night and provided him with all the photos in this thread, as well as several other google image results.  As soon as he is able to make them, I'll post photos here and make an EE ad.  They should be VERY cheap, including the envelope and postage stamp.

Also note, the QR code will just read something generic (likely, "U.S. Government Property"), not the specific information shown on the sticker.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:44:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#9]
Originally Posted By CKxx:
QR STICKERS

I've had quite a few people PM me about getting some of these.  I talked to my sticker guy last night and provided him with all the photos in this thread, as well as several other google image results.  As soon as he is able to make them, I'll post photos here and make an EE ad.  They should be VERY cheap, including the envelope and postage stamp.

Also note, the QR code will just read something generic (likely, "U.S. Government Property"), not the specific information shown on the sticker.
View Quote

I'd be up for a few. Probably don't actually want the QR code to read "U.S. Government Property" though. Make it link to like arfcom or something
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:47:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#10]
Anyone looking for a KAC taupe front sight? Ive got one LNIB I think im going to post in the EE tonight when I get home.

Recently bought 2 KAC taupe front sights for $195 each from Weapons Outfitters but honestly I don't think I'm ever going to use the extra one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

I'd be up for a few. Probably don't actually want the QR code to read "U.S. Government Property" though. Make it link to like arfcom or something
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
Originally Posted By CKxx:
QR STICKERS

It's actually a Data Matrix, not a QR code. My printer at work can make these, but not at the same detail for whatever reason. I'm curious if there's a "spec" size to the label, all I could find initially was the font's smallest size, which is 5.75pt, and a Sans Serif based font, like Arial.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#12]
COunt me SUPER SUPER WANT for the QR stickers.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
Anyone looking for a KAC taupe front sight? Ive got one LNIB I think im going to post in the EE tonight when I get home.

Recently bought 2 KAC taupe front sights for $195 each from Weapons Outfitters but honestly I don't think I'm ever going to use the extra one.
View Quote

Just passing on my own experience: I had an extra one for ages and then finally decided that I should just sell it. 2 months later I was back in the market for one and basically the whole ordeal cost me a lot more than if I'd have just kept the one I had
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Damnit, ssssshhhhhhhh you are making too much sense.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Will816:

Just passing on my own experience: I had an extra one for ages and then finally decided that I should just sell it. 2 months later I was back in the market for one and basically the whole ordeal cost me a lot more than if I'd have just kept the one I had
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Roadblock:

I've got a black one sitting around for the CQBR. I've considered scrapping the idea, but now you're making think about it...
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I never shoot my block II but every time I get an offer to sell it I can't. I have a hoarder tendency. I don't want to let go.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#17]
So after doing a little more research on these IUID stickers, it appears there's a few different styles, as we all know. Basicly it needs CAGE (MFR) Part # and Serial #. The reg also spells out minimum and maximum print sizes, as well as sizes for the Data Matrix. I can make these basicly say anything I want, and while looking at stuff around in my office, I have a pretty good idea on how the format goes when scanned. With only the one sticker shown on the previous page, it's hard to judge the actual label's size, but based on the reg, I don't think it matters as much. That said, the label maker I have at work doesn't seem to be able to put out the quality (DPI) of the aforementioned label. It still scans etc, and shows the same info, just not as crisp print. I'm sure this is far off and OCD when it comes to clone stuffs, but would it seem more appropriate to make the label refect the actual weapon, ie in my case, LMT Lower, Model and Serial, or some fictitious label that means nothing?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Tmender03:
So after doing a little more research on these IUID stickers, it appears there's a few different styles, as we all know. Basicly it needs CAGE (MFR) Part # and Serial #. The reg also spells out minimum and maximum print sizes, as well as sizes for the Data Matrix. I can make these basicly say anything I want, and while looking at stuff around in my office, I have a pretty good idea on how the format goes when scanned. With only the one sticker shown on the previous page, it's hard to judge the actual label's size, but based on the reg, I don't think it matters as much. That said, the label maker I have at work doesn't seem to be able to put out the quality (DPI) of the aforementioned label. It still scans etc, and shows the same info, just not as crisp print. I'm sure this is far off and OCD when it comes to clone stuffs, but would it seem more appropriate to make the label refect the actual weapon, ie in my case, LMT Lower, Model and Serial, or some fictitious label that means nothing?
View Quote

What was the dimension range?

It's pretty much not going to be possible to make the code read what the specific rifle is, unless for some insane reason you wanted to pay $20 for some stickers.  My plan was to print them all with the same info.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Your printer DPI is increased for photos and images on most printers.  Consider printing the label as a photo or image.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Should I want a few of these stickers? Seems kinda pointless even for hardcore clone-whores like me. [shrugs]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By tweeter:

Your printer DPI is increased for photos and images on most printers.  Consider printing the label as a photo or image.
View All Quotes

It's only a 200 DPI printer, and I'm using their software with it (Zebra). As to size ranges, google MIL-STD-130N Change 1, it spells most eveything out.  I can still read the label, it just has slightly pixelated edges. I actually posted a photo once of a JPG Augee sent me, but due to scaling, the label wouldn't scan. I ended up making my own today, and discovered the label program will make Data Matrix barcodes.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:20:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#22]
I'll make this easy for everyone.  

I was trying to get some printed up a couple months ago - but I just got too busy with school - if anyone wants to get 'em printed up - then they're welcome to use this artwork since most of the legwork's been done - I just ask that you send me a couple sheets if you do!

These are generic IUIDs I made up for various different models where they might be relevant - as far as I was able to research - the part numbers and MFRs are accurate to the actual models they represent, while the serial numbers are within the production serial number ranges of weapons of that model type that I could find in photographs online.  

When scanned they all print:

[)> DD MFR xxxxx PNO xxxxxxxx SERNO xxxxxxx
View Quote

According to whatever MFR, P/N, and S/N data is actually on the label.  

The data is accurate to what I have scanned off of actual USGI RO920 M4 Carbines - P/N 9390000 using the square IUID labels, which are what I most frequently and readily have access to.  Which is why it was interesting to see the close-up photos of the M4A1 IUID that PirateEC posted - because it say's "CAGE" instead of "MFR," and it lists TACOM's CAGE, not Colt Defense/MFG.  If anyone wants to play with the artwork a little bit - at a glance, it looks like the typeface (Arial Bold) could be a half-point or so larger without as much black border as I left.  

The appropriate dimension for the square ones is .75" each side, with, IIRC 1/4" radius on the corners.  All the rest of the labels should be correctly scaled if you print the labels that size - except for the Sig P226, which should be correctly scaled when the square labels are 1" tall.  Someone else can do the scaling and mathematics - I scaled it wrong when I first had them done.  

My personal ones are all on Colt lowers, so they've kept the appropriate CAGE - I left the P/N according to the military model being cloned, while the serial number corresponds to the individual lower it's on - the data matrix scans with my name, e-mail address, and phone number - you have to be sparing with the amount of data on the actual data matrix, as it will portion itself into quadrants if you put too much and you'll lose the "clone" look.  

I made these solely for my own entertainment and out of boredom and mine are nothing more than vinyl stickers, and I have no idea how long they'll last - but that's been something of a persistent problem with the IUID program anyways - so... it's "clone correct."  

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Should I want a few of these stickers? Seems kinda pointless even for hardcore clone-whores like me. [shrugs]
View Quote

I do
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#24]

The new coyote color for these things is nice
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

If someone is hardcore enough to laser engrave a 80% lower with  exact mil spec markings and add rear pin hole then these stickers are great for finishing off the "look", but I don't plan on putting one on my Colt M4A1 marked lower, actually, changed my mind, I'm in for one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Augee:

I was trying to get some printed up a couple months ago - but I just got too busy with school - if anyone wants to get 'em printed up - then they're welcome to use this artwork since most of the legwork's been done - I just ask that you send me a couple sheets if you do!

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/augeekim001/GENERIC_IUID_zps6784a153.jpg

These are generic IUIDs I made up for various different models where they might be relevant - as far as I was able to research - the part numbers and MFRs are accurate to the actual models they represent, while the serial numbers are within the production serial number ranges of weapons of that model type that I could find in photographs online.  

The data is accurate to what I have scanned off of actual USGI RO920 M4 Carbines - P/N 9390000 using the square IUID labels, which are what I most frequently and readily have access to.  Which is why it was interesting to see the close-up photos of the M4A1 IUID that PirateEC posted - because it say's "CAGE" instead of "MFR," and it lists TACOM's CAGE, not Colt Defense/MFG.  If anyone wants to play with the artwork a little bit - at a glance, it looks like the typeface (Arial Bold) could be a half-point or so larger without as much black border as I left.  

The appropriate dimension for the square ones is .75" each side, with, IIRC 1/4" radius on the corners.  All the rest of the labels should be correctly scaled if you print the labels that size - except for the Sig P226, which should be correctly scaled when the square labels are 1" tall.  Someone else can do the scaling and mathematics - I scaled it wrong when I first had them done.  

My personal ones are all on Colt lowers, so they've kept the appropriate CAGE - I left the P/N according to the military model being cloned, while the serial number corresponds to the individual lower it's on - the data matrix scans with my name, e-mail address, and phone number - you have to be sparing with the amount of data on the actual data matrix, as it will portion itself into quadrants if you put too much and you'll lose the "clone" look.  

I made these solely for my own entertainment and out of boredom and mine are nothing more than vinyl stickers, and I have no idea how long they'll last - but that's been something of a persistent problem with the IUID program anyways - so... it's "clone correct."  

~Augee
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Augee:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/augeekim001/GENERIC_IUID_zps6784a153.jpg

[)> DD MFR xxxxx PNO xxxxxxxx SERNO xxxxxxx

~Augee

Ok so I was bored had some extra shipping label paper so I printed off a sheet and well its not good enough quality to scan it still looks pretty cool, i think.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BePhreed:

I do
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BePhreed:

I do

Not a big deal to me. They aren't on all of them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Well the stock showed up today...heres the iPotato pics:

<a href="http://s188.photobucket.com/user/jray00343657/media/20140424_152050_zps60f463c9.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z183/jray00343657/20140424_152050_zps60f463c9.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s188.photobucket.com/user/jray00343657/media/20140424_152119_zps2fd59e89.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z183/jray00343657/20140424_152119_zps2fd59e89.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s188.photobucket.com/user/jray00343657/media/20140424_152010_zps6960f300.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z183/jray00343657/20140424_152010_zps6960f300.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s188.photobucket.com/user/jray00343657/media/20140424_152031_zpsbf18bec8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z183/jray00343657/20140424_152031_zpsbf18bec8.jpg</a>

This build has changed several times in the past year or so, many parts were bought, installed, replaced, etc.  I know there is a few things that aren't really clone correct, but I like them enough that I decided I was going to go the route I did (ex: magpul trigger guard, kns pins, spikes buffer tube kit, WMD NiBx Bolt and Hammer, BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 charging handle)  I think it still fits in nicely with this thread.  Still waiting to pick up a few items such as a weapon light, tango down VFG or magpul AFG, CQD front and rear sling mounts, and a BFG Sling, different muzzle device, and maybe a Magnifier for the Eotech.  But one of the parts I am still looking at getting is the QR Code sticker for the magwell.  Cant wait to get out and break in the BCM SOCOM barrel soon!!  

View Quote

That bottom photo is a very cool "changing of the guard" photo. Nice pair!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Stickers seem cool.

I remember wanting on my A4 clone after seeing one in a Katy Perry music video.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:39:58 AM EDT
[#30]
then get out and fire that weapon !

Originally Posted By Wormydog1987:
I never shoot my block II but every time I get an offer to sell it I can't. I have a hoarder tendency. I don't want to let go.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:11:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:41:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthGuy] [#32]
Originally Posted By BigWhiteDog:
I don't even know if this belongs anymore.  It's more "inspired by" than clone, but it has been working great for me. Especially the ECOS.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/doghair/20140330_171902_zps49ba29fc.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/doghair/20140330_171956_zps3fae00b1.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/doghair/1d450275-1fce-42ec-b5be-e7edc81a6a1e_zpsff2ecb0d.jpg
View Quote

Great looking setup. Those ACOG ECOS make my wiener feel funny.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:59:45 AM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By GADeerHunter:

Stickers seem cool.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2940/14013717755_f4ae8d3536_c.jpg
View Quote

A sticker is the absolute LAST fucking thing you should want after watching that video.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:27:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Katy Perry makes my wiener feel funny too.

Real men listen to Katy Perry while at the gym.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:03:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thornejc] [#35]
I don't even know if this belongs anymore.  It's more "inspired by" than clone, but it has been working great for me. Especially the ECOS.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/doghair/1d450275-1fce-42ec-b5be-e7edc81a6a1e_zpsff2ecb0d.jpg
View Quote

Reminds me of something I used to own ... but have parts inbound to build another

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#36]
I want an ECOS for mine...
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By GADeerHunter:
Stickers seem cool.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2940/14013717755_f4ae8d3536_c.jpg
View Quote

Only an arfcommer would see a music video by a heavy chested woman with a firearm in it and take notice of the firearm.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

View Quote

in 2008/2009 Iraq armed forces radio playing in the gyms pretty much only played katy perry and lady gaga
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DocBach:

in 2008/2009 Iraq armed forces radio playing in the gyms pretty much only played katy perry and lady gaga
View All Quotes

That's pretty much all we listened to in Afghanistan in 2011/2012.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

How soon you forget, let me remind you:

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

I honestly thought I made a mistake switching to the ECOS from an RCO, but it didn't take long to learn the value of having the RMR on top as opposed to one on an offset. So much more versatile in my opinion. I used to think a 1-4x was the best solution for an AR, but now I can't imagine a better option than this.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By thornejc:

Reminds me of something I used to own ... but have parts inbound to build another

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r775/bornSINNERintermediates/4d90c716-187a-4e0f-b0c1-ddcaa3edf909_zpsa9be7896.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thornejc:

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r775/bornSINNERintermediates/4d90c716-187a-4e0f-b0c1-ddcaa3edf909_zpsa9be7896.jpg

That's sick. I just put a SOPMOD stock on mine and am very happy so far. Still a big fan of the CTR, though.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#44]

http://youtu.be/l40bQFqJX6I
View All Quotes

http://youtu.be/l40bQFqJX6I

so true!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Still working on glass for the non-fsp. Meanwhile, it's wearing some mismatched mbus's.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Can I play with you guys?  This thread inspired me.  Now I need an optic.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:40:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Will816] [#47]
Originally Posted By jon00jon:

<a href="http://s1114.photobucket.com/user/blueazure00/media/imagejpg1-6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k536/blueazure00/imagejpg1-6.jpg</a>
View Quote

Looks good! What are your optic plans?

ETA: Except for those KNS pins

ETA 2: Haha, I responded before I took a really good look. Are you keeping the VLTOR upper too? It looks good, honestly does.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#48]

ETA 2: Haha, I responded before I took a really good look. Are you keeping the VLTOR upper too? It looks good, honestly does.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jon00jon:

<a href="http://s1114.photobucket.com/user/blueazure00/media/imagejpg1-6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k536/blueazure00/imagejpg1-6.jpg</a>

Haha, the KNS pins are cheesy, but I like the look.  I'm keeping the Vltor, I know it's not clone spec, but it looks great and locks up super tight.  Future plans include changing to the taupe front sight, painting the scout and adding a Larue mount.  
As far as optics I really want an acog, but will settle with an aimpoint.  Not a big eotech fan.  Just a matter of saving up now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#49]
had a bunch of extra parts laying around so I decided to throw together a "pr" to go with my b2:

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Is there a list of "approved" or "seen in the wild" pistol grips for Block 2's? Just did a carbine class and although the A2 grip didn't hinder me... it just sucks.
Page / 908
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top