Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tmender03:

M45A1? Really good deal if it is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Will816:

As a few of you know I've been looking into getting a pistol to go along with my Block II. I think the idea of a corresponding sidearm that would be seen on a soldier with a Block II rifle would be kinda cool. My LGS just got in a Colt M45, $1799... My tax return just came in, too. And let's just say, if you are a full time student and buy a house in the same tax year, you end up getting all of your taxes refunded plus $1000. I might have a new accessory to go with my rifles this weekend

Exactly what I was thinking.

They sell on gunbroker for way north of $2K. Closer to $3K.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#2]

View All Quotes
As a few of you know I've been looking into getting a pistol to go along with my Block II. I think the idea of a corresponding sidearm that would be seen on a soldier with a Block II rifle would be kinda cool. My LGS just got in a Colt M45, $1799... My tax return just came in, too. And let's just say, if you are a full time student and buy a house in the same tax year, you end up getting all of your taxes refunded plus $1000. I might have a new accessory to go with my rifles this weekend

That's crazy cheap if it's real.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

Yep. Sucker was awesome. Even has the US marking on it, which would look good with my Colt 1911 (not A1) circa 1917 that went ashore at Okinawa with a good old timer friend of my dad's who passed away a few years ago. USMC old and original and USMC new.

Colt M45 by Will816, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Yep. Sucker was awesome. Even has the US marking on it, which would look good with my Colt 1911 (not A1) circa 1917 that went ashore at Okinawa with a good old timer friend of my dad's who passed away a few years ago. USMC old and original and USMC new.

[email=http://www.flickr.com/photos/46381179@N04/12506213545/]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2867/12506213545_0afe84a8a7_b.jpg[/email]

View All Quotes

[email=http://www.flickr.com/photos/46381179@N04/12506213545/]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2867/12506213545_0afe84a8a7_b.jpg[/email]

If I bought one of those it'd become a safe queen - I'd be afraid to touch it, let alone fire it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Does this count?

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Nice!

I am chomping at the bit for my RailGun to get wrapped up at Business End.

Look forward to many pics, Will!
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By gcw:
Does this count?

http://a.pomf.se/rysjps.jpg
View Quote

I want to say no, but I'll leave that for someone else.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

Nice!

View All Quotes

Nice!

I love mine

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
Does this count?

Why is that? Not arguing just wondering.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 5:02:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tmender03] [#10]

View All Quotes
Does this count?

More of a Block 1.5/PR or a standard issue M4. Block II's have a RIS II rail, and have an NT4, A2 or SF FH556RC Flash Hider. Light's are typically an M3X, or WMX200 as well.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#11]

I love mine
<a href="http://s284.photobucket.com/user/joshauclarkson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/IMG_20140205_224758_zpsz0hpkcnn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/joshauclarkson/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/IMG_20140205_224758_zpsz0hpkcnn.jpg</a>  
<a href="http://s284.photobucket.com/user/joshauclarkson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/IMG_20140205_224737_zpsfpxcbyk2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/joshauclarkson/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/IMG_20140205_224737_zpsfpxcbyk2.jpg</a>
View All Quotes

Nice!

I love mine
<a href="http://s284.photobucket.com/user/joshauclarkson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/IMG_20140205_224758_zpsz0hpkcnn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/joshauclarkson/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/IMG_20140205_224758_zpsz0hpkcnn.jpg</a>  
<a href="http://s284.photobucket.com/user/joshauclarkson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/IMG_20140205_224737_zpsfpxcbyk2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/joshauclarkson/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/IMG_20140205_224737_zpsfpxcbyk2.jpg</a>

That a very nice Colt.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#12]
You guys do realize you can get a Sig MK25 for under a grand, right?
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 6:42:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Will816] [#13]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:
View Quote

I've thought about it but I don't like DA/SA... I like the trigger pull to be the same every time I pull the trigger (as opposed to that long, heavy first shot) and I like it to have no take-up and to break like glass. I did look at one when I was looking at the M45 and it did have a pretty good trigger pull with the hammer back, but still not what I like. I truly believe that DA/SA was developed as a response to inadequate training and safety skills.

ETA: Kinda like a magazine disconnect. That's for people who haven't trained enough and think the weapon is empty when you pull the mag out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Blasphemer!
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#15]

I've thought about it but I don't like DA/SA... I like the trigger pull to be the same every time I pull the trigger (as opposed to that long, heavy first shot) and I like it to have no take-up and to break like glass. I did look at one when I was looking at the M45 and it did have a pretty good trigger pull with the hammer back, but still not what I like. I truly believe that DA/SA was developed as a response to inadequate training and safety skills.

ETA: Kinda like a magazine disconnect. That's for people who haven't trained enough and think the weapon is empty when you pull the mag out.
View All Quotes

The Sig SRT trigger is a great upgrade for well under a hundred bucks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#16]

More of a Block 1.5/PR or a standard issue M4. Block II's have a RIS II rail, and have an NT4, A2 or SF FH556RC Flash Hider. Light's are typically an M3X, or WMX200 as well.
View All Quotes
Does this count?

HIS COLORS ARE WRONG
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Insert mag, rack slide/chamber round - single action every time you pull the trigger.

There is no "long, heavy first shot" unless you decide to use it that way. It's just an option.

I never use my SIG in double action.

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Just got the new optic in the mail:

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Insert mag, rack slide/chamber round - single action every time you pull the trigger.

There is no "long, heavy first shot" unless you decide to use it that way. It's just an option.

View All Quotes

But there's no safety. I don't like that. Just me.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes
Does this count?

After re reading the op I saw this is a bkock 2 thread. I built it to mirror my std issue m4 so iit fits that role
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#21]
What are new complete COLT 14.5 SOCOM barrels going for? By complete I mean FSB, barrel nut etc.

Local guys got 3 of them.

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
What are new complete COLT 14.5 SOCOM barrels going for? By complete I mean FSB, barrel nut etc.

Local guys got 3 of them.

View Quote

I paid $260 nib shipped from gunbroker
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#23]
OK cool, guy wants a little less then that. OK deal then, thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:32:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#24]

View All Quotes

ETA: sorry, I couldn't resist...

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

They go $649 at specialized armament
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Good deal!  I paid $275 for mine
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By DT-USA:

View All Quotes

Haha, no way.

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

You can get a complete 14.5" Colt SOCOM upper off Gunbroker for $599.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#29]
  If I bought one of those it'd become a safe queen - I'd be afraid to touch it, let alone fire it.
View Quote

It's OK:  Colt reportedly fixed the slide cracking issue!
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

If I had one, I'd shoot it, probably not a lot, but who knows. I know that I would do nothing to it in terms of modifying.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 12:12:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Here is my Humble submission. I have been following this thread for months and months and finally have something I feel is ready to show off.

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jaw187:
Here is my Humble submission. I have been following this thread for months and months and finally have something I feel is ready to show off.
View Quote

Humble kick ass submission.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 6:49:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#33]
Anyone need an LMT SOPMOD Gen 1 in black? I've got a decent one, couple scratches but nothing major. Looking for $90.00.. Posted in the EE too but if you are a member of this thread let me know because Im asking a few dollars more in the EE.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By jaw187:

View Quote

Nice!

Reminds me of this one:

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 10:17:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Morg308] [#35]

View All Quotes

Revolvers don't have safeties either. Very fast to get into action. The SIG decocker threw me at first too, but the more I carried it, the more I liked it. Safer way to carry than cocked and locked 1911 IMO. Faster too. If you need that first shot in a hurry you won't even notice that it's not SA. The SA pull on my SIG was pretty sweet. You can get different triggers and springs to cure one that isn't. Pretty easy fix. Absolutely no similarity to a mag disconnect, which are abominations. The decocker is an IMPROVEMENT over the 1911 IMO. (And I love me my 1911s! )
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#36]
" />

Somebody help me, what optic goes here....
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By rgb:

http://<a href=http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a616/rbreden/Ar15/20140214_111028_zps3mbevv1o.jpg</a>" />

View Quote

SU-230
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#38]
http://<a href=http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a616/rbreden/Ar15/20140214_111028_zps3mbevv1o.jpg</a>" />

View Quote

This

or this

or this
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 5:06:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rgb] [#39]

Really like the nxs but the 2.5-10x32 doesnt really look right. Thinking maybe ecos...come on uncle sugar
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Is my eyes playing tricks on me or is that FDE stock painted black?
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:

Its a black lmt gen 1, painted camo, painted black, now its just a stock

New b5, excellent by the way.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By GreenSwamperin:

SU-230
View All Quotes

SU-230

^
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 6:44:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#43]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

^
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

SU-230

^

That bipod makes me want to say Nightforce
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Just got the tracking number from rainier for the fsp upper I had them build. Took less than the two weeks I was quoted.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 6:59:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C6H12O6] [#45]
1) Was/is the M4 RIS II FSP (black) ever used "in the wild?"

2) I bought this rail for a ridiculously low price - which makes me ask "is it legit?"  Any opinions?  It came not in a DD box, but in a mil-type preservative foil bag, dated 2007 from a packaging vendor in Columbus, GA.

3) Could this be used on any SOPMOD-type clones?

Note: this one is BLACK, not FDE.  It appears kinda tan in the photos above, but it's actually black.

(I'm also gonna ask in the DD industry forum...)
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:

2) I bought this rail for a ridiculously low price - which makes me ask "is it legit?"  Any opinions?  It came not in a DD box, but in a mil-type preservative foil bag, dated 2007 from a packaging vendor in Columbus, GA.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/rasmuspa/DSCN0971_zps7521f010.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/rasmuspa/DSCN0972_zps148f0b5d.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/rasmuspa/DSCN0973_zpse3b3d055.jpg

View Quote

I'd be suspect if it came from Columbus, GA. Unless it came from a reputable vendor there's a good chance that it's stolen .mil property.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

I'd be suspect if it came from Columbus, GA. Unless it came from a reputable vendor there's a good chance that it's stolen .mil property.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/rasmuspa/DSCN0971_zps7521f010.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/rasmuspa/DSCN0972_zps148f0b5d.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/rasmuspa/DSCN0973_zpse3b3d055.jpg

Ugh... I hope it's not SGP.  But - the Columbus, GA connection comes from the foil packaging that the rail was apparently packaged into either after manufacturing or at some point simply for preservative purposes.  It doesn't necessarily mean it was from the armory at Benning.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#48]
1) Was/is the M4 RIS II FSP (black) ever used "in the wild?" Black, no, not that I'm aware of. FDE FSP, yes.

2) I bought this rail for a ridiculously low price - which makes me ask "is it legit?"  Any opinions?  It came not in a DD box, but in a mil-type preservative foil bag, dated 2007 from a packaging vendor in Columbus, GA. Not 100% sure if it's legit, but from the pics you provided it looks good to me. Slightly suspicious of SGP as mentioned.

3) Could this be used on any SOPMOD-type clones? Yes.

<Snip>

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 7:58:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m4socom] [#49]

View Quote

I'm a fan of the 2.5-10, I've got a SU-230 and think the NF fits better on the Block II.  All depends on the purpose you want it to serve I suppose.....  

I've even got a very special spare if you're interested

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By m4socom:

I'm a fan of the 2.5-10, I've got a SU-230 and think the NF fits better on the Block II.  All depends on the purpose you want it to serve I suppose.....  
http://parahue.smugmug.com/photos/i-dsdpzH4/0/L/i-dsdpzH4-M.jpg

http://parahue.smugmug.com/photos/i-7wh5hr8/0/M/i-7wh5hr8-M.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m4socom:

http://parahue.smugmug.com/photos/i-dsdpzH4/0/L/i-dsdpzH4-M.jpg

http://parahue.smugmug.com/photos/i-7wh5hr8/0/M/i-7wh5hr8-M.jpg

Yeah sure, $1300 right
Page / 913
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top