Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1473 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brodband8:
I like how the guy in the last pic went straight for the peq2
View Quote

Probably trying to finish up his clone build and get it posted on the 'gram.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:33:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:
Originally Posted By brodband8:
I like how the guy in the last pic went straight for the peq2

My pockets would be full
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:52:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BePhreed:
I’d be willing to bet contractor guns or COTS purchases to furnish a local national force. Commercial parts and the dated PEQs lead me to that conclusion. Could be totally wrong.
View Quote

Yep. A contractor over there a week or two ago made a thread in GD. Said his ar had a dd mk18 upper with a peq-2. Think he said he was using his own optic.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:03:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Speaking of newly acquired PEQ-2's, I was finally able to get mine today! Craziest thing, a buddy just got back from what he called a vacation and said he had a few spares lying around. Go figure...

For legal reasons I must clarify that the above statement is a joke. I did get it today, but from an entirely legitimate source.

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 2:55:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I know the Tan Anodized Colt Buffer tube is not Clone correct, but i want to do it so bad.
Would you guys flame me for that OR approve it?

OR

Should i stick with the black buffer tube since everything else is clone correct right down to my Tan Gen 1 LMT Buttstock ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FastCar:
I know the Tan Anodized Colt Buffer tube is not Clone correct, but i want to do it so bad.

OR

Should i stick with the black buffer tube since everything else is clone correct right down to my Tan Gen 1 LMT Buttstock ?
View Quote

Non black anodized buffer tubes are gay.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#8]

OR

View Quote

Black and rattle can is the way

CD
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

OR

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Will probably all end up in the shredder.
View Quote

I'm going to guess anniston for reclamation. There are UID tags in that lot.

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:44:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#12]
Originally Posted By ringer706:
Speaking of newly acquired PEQ-2's, I was finally able to get mine today! Craziest thing, a buddy just got back from what he called a vacation and said he had a few spares lying around. Go figure...

For legal reasons I must clarify that the above statement is a joke. I did get it today, but from an entirely legitimate source.

https://i.imgur.com/nSZMd8i.jpg
View Quote
Very nice. I really dig the earlier m962's. I didn't think peq2's were ever available to civilians? I'd call it a semi legitimite source.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:50:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#13]

OR

View Quote
Ya, stick with black. The novelty wears off fast. Not to mention they've doubled in price since a year or two ago. If you must get one, just throw it on a non clone build. Dilemma solved.

Eta-pics for pics sake
found another m68 on a block2. Not sure if posted yet (probably was)
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

“Friends don’t let friends use anything other than black anodized 4 pos receiver extensions.”
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 3:45:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#14]
What's the deal with these cheaper "mk12" gas blocks from Potomac armory? Anyone have any experience or knowledge on these?

Mk12 GB Potomac armory
(I know, I know, I should avoid linked site, I'm just curious about the gas blocks.)
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
What's the deal with these cheaper "mk12" gas blocks from Potomac armory? Any have any experience or knowledge on these?

Potomac mk12 GB
(I know, I know, I should avoid linked site, I'm just curious about the gas blocks.)
View Quote
If it's from Charlie's, who knows.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Very interesting
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Oh fuck, it’s reeeeaaaaalllllll. DD MK18 marked uppers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Oh fuck, it's reeeeaaaaalllllll. DD MK18 marked uppers.
View Quote
Not just marked by DD either, peep the crane serial.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
View All Quotes

Oh fuck, it's reeeeaaaaalllllll. DD MK18 marked uppers.

HTF can you even read anything? All I can see is that there's something there. If I didn't know it said "DDMk18", I'd be clueless.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:30:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#20]
I'm sorry but I can't read anything after being blinded by those CQB Hot Pants! Eyes forever unclean!

Eta-thread is about to flooded with DD factory uppers and I told you so’s. Brace yourselves.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#21]

HTF can you even read anything? All I can see is that there's something there. If I didn't know it said "DDMk18", I'd be clueless.
View Quote
I think when you upload it's via mobile you loose some quality. On my phone I can make out most of the serial number lol
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I think when you upload it's via mobile you loose some quality. On my phone I can make out most of the serial number lol
View All Quotes

Ah, yeah, they're definitely not that high of resolution on my end.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm sorry but I can't read anything after being blinded by those CQB Hot Pants! Eyes forever unclean!

Eta-thread is about to flooded with DD factory uppers and I told you so’s. Brace yourselves.
View Quote

LOL Those hot pants are what we called UDT shorts.  What the SEALs used to wear and what we wore in the Fleet Marines for PT and water OPs.  I still have mine but do not wear them and no I won't try them on for you and take a pic either.  Sorry no CQBR in the pic.
UDT Glamour Shot
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By imdBman:

LOL Those hot pants are what we called UDT shorts.  What the SEALs used to wear and what we wore in the Fleet Marines for PT and water OPs.  I still have mine but do not wear them and no I won't try them on for you and take a pic either.  Sorry no CQBR in the pic.
UDT Glamour Shot
View Quote
More of a silkies guy myself but yes guy on the right is NSW and the left is army EOD
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

This might just be pic of the year, well done Sir.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 8:18:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bimmertech87] [#26]
What’s the best option for a correct ambi colt safety? Anyone have a lead on one?
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#27]
This might just be pic of the year, well done Sir.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#28]

UDT Glamour Shot
View All Quotes

Eta-thread is about to flooded with DD factory uppers and I told you so's. Brace yourselves.

UDT Glamour Shot
So you're sayin you won't slide into my DM's with a cqb hot pants pic?
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 1:43:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By jake-cutter:
Has anyone received an update or their order for the Surefire 4 prong flash hider from Euro Optics?
View Quote

I came here looking for the same info. I’m going email them tomorrow. I’d like an update too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 2:45:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#30]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
If it's from Charlie's, who knows.
View Quote
I did some more checking. So despite ccc saying that these are 100% identical to the DD and badger gas blocks, they are not. DD and badger use 416 stainless steel, and these ones from Potomac are chrome moly vanadium tool steel.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 3:01:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By bimmertech87:
What's the best option for a correct ambi colt safety? Anyone have a lead on one?
View Quote
Brownells has them from time to time.

Mine doesn't like being used w/ a colt trigger though. Causes the bolt to hang on the hammer while racking it on safe.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 4:00:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#32]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

15 years wearing UDTs as a uniform

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 7:03:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bimmertech87] [#33]
Brownells has them from time to time.

Mine doesn't like being used w/ a colt trigger though. Causes the bolt to hang on the hammer while racking it on safe.
View Quote

Thanks. I plan on using a geissele ssa-e so hopefully no issues.

Any reason a neutered 3 position won’t work? Looks like there are a few in the EE
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 12:05:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tyrant556] [#34]
Combo progress.... thanks CD and @Dyzastr for the inputs earlier...

replaced the MK18's Fixed FS with KAC 99051 (black)... next is to have it's own SF M300C WML.

Stole my PA ACSS LPVO from my other rifle for the Block II...not sure if this is clone acceptable (for now)...
Is the A2 Flash Hider clone correct on the Block II or should I use the KAC NT4 FH? I have one reserved for the planned MK18 Mod 0.

Link Posted: 8/30/2021 12:31:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#35]
Originally Posted By Tyrant556:

replaced the MK18's Fixed FS with KAC 99051 (black)... next is to have it's own SF M300C WML.

https://i.imgur.com/UjSrvBl.jpg

Stole my PA ACSS LPVO from my other rifle for the Block II...not sure if this is clone acceptable (for now)...
Is the A2 Flash Hider clone correct on the Block II or should I use the KAC NT4 FH? I have one reserved for the planned MK18 Mod 0.

https://i.imgur.com/2nB0NXi.jpg
View Quote

A2 is not clone correct, its either NT4 or SF4P.  Now I do know of a SF battalion armorer who did put A2s as he was out of SF4Ps (3 support guns) and they were headed my way where I did have SF4Ps and fixed.  This was during the change to URGI's.  Teams got the new URGI stuff and BN support guys had their Block 1.5s get upgraded to Block IIs.  So during the swap, he ran short a few FHs.

That said, just went thru 2700+ pics (twice cause I missed it the first time and know I had it) for you and found it.
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 1:01:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tyrant556] [#36]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

A2 is not clone correct either NT4 or SF4P.  Now I do know of a SF battalion armorer who did put A2s as he was out of SF4Ps (3 support guns) and they were headed my way where I did have SF4Ps and fixed.  This was during the change to URGI's.  Teams got the new URGI stuff and BN support guys had their Block 1.5s get upgraded to Block IIs.  So during the swap, he ran short a few FHs.

That said, just went thru 2500+ pics for you and found it.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0019_JPG-2071943.JPG

CD
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/UjSrvBl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2nB0NXi.jpg

A2 is not clone correct either NT4 or SF4P.  Now I do know of a SF battalion armorer who did put A2s as he was out of SF4Ps (3 support guns) and they were headed my way where I did have SF4Ps and fixed.  This was during the change to URGI's.  Teams got the new URGI stuff and BN support guys had their Block 1.5s get upgraded to Block IIs.  So during the swap, he ran short a few FHs.

That said, just went thru 2500+ pics for you and found it.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0019_JPG-2071943.JPG

CD

Awesome, thanks CD!!!

I will replace the A2 FH today with the NT4 FH....and perhaps later with SF4P.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Awesome, thanks CD!!!

View Quote

@Tyrant556

On second thought don't do swap a NT4 on it as its a DD M4A1 RIS II FSB that only the Army used.  MARSOC never used that rail and they're the only ones with NT4s.  Keep it A2 until you get a SF4P.

CD

Link Posted: 8/30/2021 1:16:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tyrant556] [#38]

@Tyrant556

On second thought don't do swap a NT4 on it as its a DD M4A1 RIS II FSB that only the Army used.  MARSOC never used that rail and they're the only ones with NT4s.  Keep it A2 until you get a SF4P.

CD

View All Quotes

Awesome, thanks CD!!!

@Tyrant556

CD

Okay CD, will keep the A2 on it for now until I get another SF4P...

BIG Thanks to you brother!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 4:06:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#39]
Some more nt4 love

Pic probably posted a thousand times, still badass. I had that mag/optic combo for a while. Kinda miss it.Attachment Attached File

ta01nsn on a block1. I've also seen this pic many, many times before, but never noticed the dude in the foreground. Is he holding mary ju wanna? Bonus points for cqd vfg!
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a question that may require a pic, but here goes.

I bought a surplus C marked stripped upper. When I took it to my gun smith he said the gas tube hole is off centered and appeared to have been enlarged. He felt like it could potentially cause reliability issues. I build out my own lowers but I haven’t built uppers so I’m clueless. Can the gas tube hole be to large/off centered cause issues?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By RevTEG:

I bought a surplus C marked stripped upper. When I took it to my gun smith he said the gas tube hole is off centered and appeared to have been enlarged. He felt like it could potentially cause reliability issues. I build out my own lowers but I haven’t built uppers so I’m clueless. Can the gas tube hole be to large/off centered cause issues?

Thanks
View Quote

Usually, the port in the gas block is significantly larger than the port in the barrel so some misalignment isn't detrimental. You can plug one end of the barrel and blow into the other end of the barrel with the gas block installed. If you can easily pass air, you'll probably be alright.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:41:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#43]

I bought a surplus C marked stripped upper. When I took it to my gun smith he said the gas tube hole is off centered and appeared to have been enlarged. He felt like it could potentially cause reliability issues. I build out my own lowers but I haven't built uppers so I'm clueless. Can the gas tube hole be to large/off centered cause issues?

Thanks
View Quote
You want the gas tube to be basically held in place by the hole in the receiver so that there is positive engagement every time the bcg comes back. If the gas tube hole is too big, it can cause alignment issues when the bcg comes flying back in. That could lead to a malfunction if the gas key on the bcg misalign with the gas tube on its way back to the chamber.

Just to make sure, is this the hole you are referring to?
If so, it could cause the gas key to be misaligned with the gas tube which would cause a stoppage.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#44]
You want the gas tube to be basically held in place by the hole in the receiver so that there is positive engagement every time the bcg comes back. If the gas tube hole is too big, it can cause alignment issues when the bcg comes flying back in. That could lead to a potential disaster if the gas key on the bcg misalign with the gas tube on its way back to the chamber.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/BCCBA74C-6052-443A-9A3E-E918FD18EC1A_jpe-2072507.JPG
View All Quotes

I bought a surplus C marked stripped upper. When I took it to my gun smith he said the gas tube hole is off centered and appeared to have been enlarged. He felt like it could potentially cause reliability issues. I build out my own lowers but I haven't built uppers so I'm clueless. Can the gas tube hole be to large/off centered cause issues?

Thanks
You want the gas tube to be basically held in place by the hole in the receiver so that there is positive engagement every time the bcg comes back. If the gas tube hole is too big, it can cause alignment issues when the bcg comes flying back in. That could lead to a potential disaster if the gas key on the bcg misalign with the gas tube on its way back to the chamber.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/BCCBA74C-6052-443A-9A3E-E918FD18EC1A_jpe-2072507.JPG

I guess I mis-read the "gas tube hole" part. I was thinking barrel gas port. Doh!
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#45]

I guess I mis-read the "gas tube hole" part. I was thinking barrel gas port. Doh!
View All Quotes

Thanks

I had to reread it after reading your post. I thought maybe I misunderstood too. That's why pics are important. We no read so good.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Im digging those noveske builds. The uppers sell too fast whenever they pop up. On a somewhat related note, Is sig ever going to release that suppressor cage deal? I've only seen a few images. Do you know if they scrapped that idea?
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I had to reread it after reading your post. I thought maybe I misunderstood too. That's why pics are important. We no read so good.
View All Quotes

Thanks

I hit things with hammers and burn them with torches for a living, reading comprehension isn't a critical skill.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#48]
You want the gas tube to be basically held in place by the hole in the receiver so that there is positive engagement every time the bcg comes back. If the gas tube hole is too big, it can cause alignment issues when the bcg comes flying back in. That could lead to a malfunction if the gas key on the bcg misalign with the gas tube on its way back to the chamber.

If so, it could cause the gas key to be misaligned with the gas tube which would cause a stoppage.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that’s the hole I’m referring to. My apologies for not posting a pic. I think my post count isn’t high enough yet? So, the gas tube hole on the upper I received is off centered with the “x” shape being almost worn into a circle. It’s much larger than my new uppers. The gas tube doesn’t make any contact. If that makes sense? My Gun Smith wouldn’t install it because he didn’t trust it. He felt like the hole had been drilled out in an attempt to “correct” some of the misalignment.  

For an update, the company I purchased it from is willing to exchange it for me. So that’s cool.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Thank you for the help. My apologies for not including pics. I’m a newb and think my post count may be to low to post pics?
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:03:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Stolen from Ig.
Check out the Roti Wmx placements and SW mounts. Ngals sprinkled throughout.
Cool stuff.

Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1473 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top