User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1182 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 2:42:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jsy_1977] [#1]
@conservakid I have two MK18 RIS uppers with the KAC sights, and both are very close to the ears, but definitely not past them like yours... I'd probably loosen the RIS bolts to the bolt up plate and tighten them back using a carry handle to make sure the rail is in line with the upper.

CMMG 22lr upper up top, and in on the EOTECH deal for the naked one

Link Posted: 3/16/2019 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JHorne:
Do you think that Gear Sector scout mount would work with a FSB? I want one (or the Surefire version) for my MK18 Mod 0 variant but I'm worried it won't work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JHorne:
Originally Posted By krdt:
Mmm, new EXPS... so crispy, shiny and new. The anodizing on this new one is also a lot more flat/matte than my old one - matches the anodizing on the M600DF almost perfectly.

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.031519.New.EXPS-RS-01.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.031519.New.EXPS-RS-02.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.031519.New.EXPS-RS-04.jpg
Do you think that Gear Sector scout mount would work with a FSB? I want one (or the Surefire version) for my MK18 Mod 0 variant but I'm worried it won't work.
Yeah, it'll work fine; I used to have one of the original style Gear Sector mounts on my Block I. But, I ended up going back to the factory mount. Nothing functionally wrong with it, I just felt like the light being inline with the barrel looked better aesthetically. Having the light off the center line and against the FSB looked sorta odd to me, but it's entirely personal preference.

Had to dig a bit to find this one (GS mount on the top rail, but it'll work either way):

Link Posted: 3/16/2019 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By conservakid:
I feel like such a n00b asking this, but how high up are the sight posts on all y'alls 99051s?

This is mine, paired with a KAC 200-600 all the way at the rear, when zeroed at 25m using the Z mark on the rear sight. It all co-aligns with my CompM2's zero, why is it is soooo high up though?
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4881/47343517752_bf180d73b2_k.jpg
View Quote
That’s higher up than the protective ears.  That would bug me
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jsy_1977:
@conservakid I have two MK18 RIS uppers with the KAC sights, and both are very close to the ears, but definitely not past them like yours... I'd probably loosen the RIS bolts to the bolt up plate and tighten them back using a carry handle to make sure the rail is in line with the upper.

http://i68.tinypic.com/w2jclz.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2jakaaa.jpg
View Quote
What EOTech deal are you referring to? Second time I’ve read about this today. I need a G33 magnifier, tan.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Yeah, it'll work fine; I used to have one of the original style Gear Sector mounts on my Block I. But, I ended up going back to the factory mount. Nothing functionally wrong with it, I just felt like the light being inline with the barrel looked better aesthetically. Having the light off the center line and against the FSB looked sorta odd to me, but it's entirely personal preference.

Had to dig a bit to find this one (GS mount on the top rail, but it'll work either way):
http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/Mk18.Wilcox-01.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/Mk18.122318.SBR.WBG-01.jpg
View Quote
I appreciate it man. I'm going to order one. Seems like a nice piece. I have a Gear Sector Stubby VFG and it is a nice piece of kit.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, fuckin' a, boys... I done gone an' done it now. Just ordered a taupe w/ black latch NT4.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, fuckin' a, boys... I done gone an' done it now. Just ordered a taupe w/ black latch NT4.
View Quote
No going back now.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
I just posted my Colt Block II CQBR in the EE if any of you fine gentlewomen want dem dibs
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
No going back now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
No going back now.
Yep, all in now :\.

Gotta admit, there were a few times I wavered and considered just getting one of the SOCOM-SBs for $695. Hell, could've almost gotten two of them w/ stamps for the price of one NT4 w/ stamp, heh. But... NT4; and, one NT4 versus one or two "not quite right" SBs - I think the NT4 wins.

Besides, the thought of having a CQBR w/ RC and a CQBR /w NT4 just gives me the tingles :D.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 9:18:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#10]
This has come up more than a few times in the course of the block 2 threads. Why? Just does.

Seriously, its just a minor annoyance. Zero and forget about it
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By conservakid:
I feel like such a n00b asking this, but how high up are the sight posts on all y'alls 99051s?

This is mine, paired with a KAC 200-600 all the way at the rear, when zeroed at 25m using the Z mark on the rear sight. It all co-aligns with my CompM2's zero, why is it is soooo high up though?
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4881/47343517752_bf180d73b2_k.jpg
This has come up more than a few times in the course of the block 2 threads. Why? Just does.

Seriously, its just a minor annoyance. Zero and forget about it
Yep mine does the same, just is what it is... Kinda annoying especially for OCD types.  I swapped to a 300m trying to see if any change but it was same with both.  I keep thinking I will swap in a longer post but it's just never happened.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I've had this rail since Black Friday and couldn't decide what to do with it.  Well, I decided to be a blasphemer.

Colt cage code upper, colt bcg, .300 blackout barrel....

Link Posted: 3/16/2019 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ATravis11b:
I've had this rail since Black Friday and couldn't decide what to do with it.  Well, I decided to be a blasphemer.

https://i.imgur.com/hMMKOiq.jpg
View Quote
Get that crap outa here! Lol
I want one!
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
Sweet! About time you cheap skate!
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
There is a whole thread dedicated to URGI's
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 1:23:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Meh... I prefer the tactical Block III on the Left over that Block II you got.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 1:57:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: red6actual] [#17]
What ammo are you all zeroing the sights with?

Might not matter at 25m for the irons but I'm curious either way.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 2:02:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RMiller:

View Quote
I usually zero with XM193 or M855, but M855 might be a better choice since its a middle of the road bullet weight between XM193 and Mk262.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 2:43:09 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
Wolf gold
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:19:58 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
I zero with whatever I happen to be shooting in bulk at the moment. At various times I've zeroed with Wolf WPA, Wolf Gold, Federal AE, and Federal XM193. Currently, I'm zeroed with WPA; but, I'll be re-zeroing with M193 soon, once I start into the cases of rebate ammo I have.

This is my front with a 50YD zero, paired with a 300m and with the RC on:
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 11:20:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Adirondack47] [#21]
Looking for recommendations for a decent/serviceable drop in carbine rail that wont break the bank for a MK18(ish) clone.

Link Posted: 3/17/2019 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Adirondack47:
Looking for recommendations for a decent/serviceable drop in carbine rail that wont break the bank for a MK18(ish) clone.

View Quote
KAC RAS
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

KAC RAS
View Quote
+1

I picked mine up for ~$150, I don’t think you can do much better than that for an issued rail that’s quite bomb proof.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Decided to swap some things around and jumped back on the block ii w surefire bandwagon. I put the td stubby and surefire m620 on the block ii and then Put the m3x and cvl on the devgru build. The m620 has a very brown anodizing to it. Looked it up and I guess they were offered in desert tan. I'm hoping it's not counterfeit.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By jsy_1977:

http://i68.tinypic.com/w2jclz.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2jakaaa.jpg
View Quote
That sounds like it would be the best solution for bringing it down. Hadnt even considered how minor height differences at the front of the rail = different front post heights for zeroing. Makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:27:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#26]
Originally Posted By Adirondack47:

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:06:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: carmodyh] [#27]
meh, clonish always works for me... took mine to a little stress shoot course yesterday.. round count wasn't nearly as high as I would have liked, but just love this little suppressed 10.3.... makes me not want to own SCARs or anything else weird anymore... going to go back to an aimpoint micro/ holosun though... lugging around eotech 512 and retro magnifier weight got lame after a million kettle bell swings and push ups for misses/no-shoots.

and the SOCOM-SB is still among my favorite cans for lack of gas blowback

action shots after staying at a holiday inn express

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:24:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: schnauzr] [#28]
Thought I'd drop this off here:

https://northeastmunitions.com/surefire-socom556rc2-silencer-5-56-free-shipping/

SOCOM 556 RC2s in black or FDE for $777 shipped.  I know they're not clone correct but neither are the SBs that have been discussed recently :)
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:45:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#29]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:
meh, clonish always works for me... took mine to a little stress shoot course yesterday.. round count wasn't nearly as high as I would have liked, but just love this little suppressed 10.3.... makes me not want to own SCARs or anything else weird anymore... going to go back to an aimpoint micro/ holosun though... lugging around eotech 512 and retro magnifier weight got lame after a million kettle bell swings and push ups for misses/no-shoots.

and the SOCOM-SB is still among my favorite cans for lack of gas blowback

action shots after staying at a holiday inn express

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/365058/thumbnail_FullSizeRender_jpg-881215.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/365058/thumbnail_FullSizeRender2_jpg-881216.JPG
View Quote
I still love that setup. Is it Lt101 with mag and 512? Or lt110? I ended up sellin my 101, but kept the 110.

ETA-

Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
I still love that setup. Is it Lt101 with mag and 512? Or lt110? I ended up sellin my 101, but kept the 110.
View Quote
Actually went with an YHM-227A... they are like 20-25 bucks most places, raise your junk 1/2 inch, and lock up solid... great option if you have a couple guns. LT101s are my favorite though. I like the GG&G risers too, but those actually wont work with larue QD mounts on them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Actually went with an YHM-227A... they are like 20-25 bucks most places, raise your junk 1/2 inch, and lock up solid... great option if you have a couple guns. LT101s are my favorite though. I like the GG&G risers too, but those actually wont work with larue QD mounts on them.
View All Quotes
The yhm is super light too. That was the first riser I tried out. Ended up letting it go with my 551.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Are FN uppers acceptable for a Block II clone? I found one and figured I'd check here first.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 7:22:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreenSuiter] [#33]

Cross posted from Block II thread, not clone correct but it’ a cool piece for you NT4 guys...

ETA- Don’t think dude knows how rare that piece is.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#34]
They were rare before they found a bunch of them and sold them for $90 each.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:13:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#35]
Originally Posted By M4arc:
Are FN uppers acceptable for a Block II clone? I found one and figured I'd check here first.
View Quote
FN are GTG. I’m running a diemaco upper on mine. CD has posted a pic of a handful of different uppers they get through the supply chain. Colt, FN, and  Diemaco were among the uppers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:15:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#36]
Originally Posted By GreenSuiter:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/1189/iHEN4D.png

Cross posted from Block II thread, not clone correct but it' a cool piece for you NT4 guys...

ETA- Don't think dude knows how rare that piece is.
View Quote
They are technically prototype and not recommended for suppressor use. I remember reading where one guy used his (suppressed) though. It’s prob marked prototype on the other side.
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
View Quote
Right, they sell in the ee for $90 to $120.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#37]
They are technically prototype and not recommended for suppressor use. I remember reading where one guy used his though. It’s prob marked prototype on the other side.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreenSuiter:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/1189/iHEN4D.png

Cross posted from Block II thread, not clone correct but it' a cool piece for you NT4 guys...

ETA- Don't think dude knows how rare that piece is.
They are technically prototype and not recommended for suppressor use. I remember reading where one guy used his though. It’s prob marked prototype on the other side.
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
Good info, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:05:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: conservakid] [#38]
Thank you all for the responses on my front sight question. I followed CD's suggestion of using some rail attached device (in my case an ACOG) to align the rail to the upper and it worked wonders. My front sight post is now below the ears and my rear sight which was adjusted heavily to the right is now much more centered too :)

I should mention that this is a milsurp block ii upper so I fully assumed it was assembled "right" and I was reluctant to mess with anything. Maybe who it was issued to never ran BUIS?

Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Finally got a chance to zero the eotech on the block ll.
50 yard zero. 50 rounds
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By schnauzr:
Thought I'd drop this off here:

https://northeastmunitions.com/surefire-socom556rc2-silencer-5-56-free-shipping/

SOCOM 556 RC2s in black or FDE for $777 shipped.  I know they're not clone correct but neither are the SBs that have been discussed recently :)
View Quote
Damn I was opening this thread to post that
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By shelbysguns:

Damn I was opening this thread to post that
View Quote
Looks like their stock went fast.  OOS on FDE, still have black as of right now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#42]
They are technically prototype and not recommended for suppressor use. I remember reading where one guy used his (suppressed) though. It’s prob marked prototype on the other side.
View Quote
Pics of markings from mine.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Conner378:

That is NOT a Belgian Malinois, NOT clone correct

Great Pup
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Fucking scumbag Botach; crawfished on the $396 EXPS3-0 and said it was a "programming error."
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Fucking scumbag Botach; crawfished on the $396 EXPS3-0 and said it was a "programming error."
View Quote
Check the 14.5 block 2 thread. Botach Botach'd everybody
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Lol, yeah I just saw that after I posted. Actually wouldn't have known about the deal if I hadn't randomly checked that thread the other day.

Just as well, I probably would've caved on my plan to sell the new one I just got and instead ended up with a CQBR Block 1.5, lol.

Botach: Being shady as fuck and saving me money in spite of myself.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#47]
In happier news, I verified today that the Form 3 on my taupe NT4 has been filed and all is good :D.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Lol, yeah I just saw that after I posted. Actually wouldn't have known about the deal if I hadn't randomly checked that thread the other day.

Just as well, I probably would've caved on my plan to sell the new one I just got and instead ended up with a CQBR Block 1.5, lol.

View All Quotes

Like I said there I guess now we know why they're a banned vendor. Worse than AU.

At least AU might've honored it anyway
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Like I said there I guess now we know why they're a banned vendor. Worse than AU.

View All Quotes

Hrm... at some point I got the very clear idea AU and Botach were associated in some way; I can't recall why at this point. Only thing I can point to now is that they are both located in Las Vegas and use some oddly similar phrasing and site design (possibly because the same local company did both sites?). Either way, I just noticed something a bit funny... Botach's CS #: (702) 666-8680

Shit can't be a coincidence - goddamn devil worshippers.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Hrm... at some point I got the very clear idea AU and Botach were associated in some way; I can't recall why at this point. Only thing I can point to now is that they are both located in Las Vegas and use some oddly similar phrasing and site design (possibly because the same local company did both sites?). Either way, I just noticed something a bit funny... Botach's CS #: (702) 666-8680

View All Quotes

Oh boy. Optics Planet and Botach/AU gonna be the death of us.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1182 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top