Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BePhreed:

I'm glad you agree with me.

Picking up my 99051 next week. Excited.

Also looking to build another Mod 0 soon. I don't having many regrets when it comes to selling parts but I want back in the shorty game. Damn you all for doing this to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

A knife is a tool, used for whatever the fuck needs cutting, smashing, prying, stabbing, hammering...

Also looking to build another Mod 0 soon. I don't having many regrets when it comes to selling parts but I want back in the shorty game. Damn you all for doing this to me.

Well, the stabbing part we'll agree on.

I spend a lot of time perfecting my blades' edge so I don't like going at shit that'll chew the edge up. I get it so polished you can see yourself in it and shave hair like crazy.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

uhh..  I don't use the blade side?  I flip it over and use back.  This doesn't hurt the knife at all.  

I use this knife every single day.  It is a tool, I use it, if it breaks, a new blade is 30 dollars.
View All Quotes

First thing I do when someone asks to borrow my blade is "what are you cutting?"[/span]

uhh..  I don't use the blade side?  I flip it over and use back.  This doesn't hurt the knife at all.  

I use this knife every single day.  It is a tool, I use it, if it breaks, a new blade is 30 dollars.

Eh..... I can kinda see that but I still wouldn't do it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#4]

I spend a lot of time perfecting my blades' edge so I don't like going at shit that'll chew the edge up. I get it so polished you can see yourself in it and shave hair like crazy.
View All Quotes

A knife is a tool, used for whatever the fuck needs cutting, smashing, prying, stabbing, hammering...

Dare I mention I use this knife to cut cardboard...

Anyways, I sharpen it once a week or so and it also cuts hair just fine.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#5]

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Eh..... I can kinda see that but I still wouldn't do it. [/span]
View All Quotes

First thing I do when someone asks to borrow my blade is "what are you cutting?"[/span]

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Eh..... I can kinda see that but I still wouldn't do it. [/span]

use yours squirrel teeth or something.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RifleManWI:
I always had a skill craft pen and a nail in my range kit. The nail to depress the detent, and the tip of the pen to spin the sight. Worked like a charm.
CQTR
http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w624/RiflemanWI/f23a921a-8a86-4370-8f78-1bc2d771db44_zpsparxlsjb.jpg

View Quote

Like pretty much every service member, I've usually just used the tip of a round. I'm just really fond of having correct tools for the job.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:21:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Like pretty much every service member, I've usually just used the tip of a round. I'm just really fond of having correct tools for the job.
View All Quotes
I always had a skill craft pen and a nail in my range kit. The nail to depress the detent, and the tip of the pen to spin the sight. Worked like a charm.
CQTR
http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w624/RiflemanWI/f23a921a-8a86-4370-8f78-1bc2d771db44_zpsparxlsjb.jpg

tip of round doesnt really work on this front sight specifically.  But yeah, in the event it did, I would obviously use that first.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:24:24 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

That's fine. That's what my knife spends about 90% of it's life doing. I've been able to find the perfect balance of edge retention and sharpness that will allow me to go a month without a sharpening but still shave with it most of the time. I also find the process kinda satisfying.....I'll turn on some tunes and zone out till it's stupid sharp.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

My teeth already look like , don't need to mess them up any more.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:26:08 PM EDT
[#10]

tip of round doesnt really work on this front sight specifically.  But yeah, in the event it did, I would obviously use that first.
View All Quotes
CQTR

Haven't tried it yet, so I didn't know that. Just grabbed my A2 sight tool and found it was too big to work.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 12:28:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Scored a gen 1 sopped today on the cheaps

Wish it was an LMT :(

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 12:38:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Squirrel, I knew your OCD was bad, hence the bold. But damn son. Your OCD is way worse than I thought.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 12:39:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AstraPat] [#13]
Test.... First time using flickr

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 12:46:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AstraPat:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/CgfLYg" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/616/23801473935_fd36181f11_k.jpg</a>
View Quote

Flickr is the shit bro. I used Photobucket for something like 11 years. Right when I made my flickr, it was like the heavens opened up. Photobucket sucks dick.

CQBR is lookin' hawt sir.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 12:49:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Flickr is the shit bro. I used Photobucket for something like 11 years. Right when I made my flickr, it was like the heavens opened up. Photobucket sucks dick.

View All Quotes

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/CgfLYg" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/616/23801473935_fd36181f11_k.jpg</a>

Thanks! Yup, see what you mean. It just opened up for me!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 1:55:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#16]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6lkAteMAec
View All Quotes

Dude, I hope you threw that knife out as soon as the video was over, because it is now officially ruined.

Btw, in all honestly, as much shit as I've been giving guys like Milspec about desiring perfect clones, I genuinely love the "CQTR" acronym, lol. Btw, I'd like to have the record state that I was just busting your balls Milspec (as you were mine).

Yeah, same. Incredible difference. I just made an account about a month or two ago. Course, I didn't figure out how to remove the name tags that it applies to all your photo's in BBCode for a few weeks right after I made it, so I had my name being posted underneath every photo for a while. I eventually figured out how to remove them manually and changed my name to my obvious real name of "Joe Blow", but I'd still like to just have it not put that in in the first place. It'd be one less step I'd have to do when posting a picture.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 2:31:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stinkypol] [#17]
View Quote

That's not only educational, it is funny as hell.
"Rotate."
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Squirrel, I knew your OCD was bad, hence the bold. But damn son. Your OCD is way worse than I thought.
View Quote

You have no idea
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#19]
99051 came. Getting pretty close. Need a G33 and the right sling mounts... May stick to this mount just because I prefer it... Oh and the right forward assist. Any other things? The SF4P is a tough one because they aren't readily available, so that's farther down the list c

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I think it's good so far.

Get the right slibg mounts and a 4P and it'd be pretty close.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Needs a new stock, too, if you're going to full clone route.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I need to get a new sopmod stock. This one moves fore and aft quite a bit for some reason. Does it on multiple buffer tubes.

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 3:23:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By drewQ22:

I need to get a new sopmod stock. This one moves fore and aft quite a bit for some reason. Does it on multiple buffer tubes.
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/sabroso1/19E226C8-59DE-4037-97E3-19F64C7AB6CE_zpsbob7fniv.jpg

View Quote
Just get a new plunger pin for it, the original one is probably worn.

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

CQTR

Paper clip works okay.

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:
View Quote

Isn't CTR good to go?
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TNW:

Isn't CTR good to go?
View All Quotes

Isn't CTR good to go?

After checking "the list", I guess it is. I've seen many CTRs on many issue rifles even though they aren't issued, but you never know with the clone police.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#27]

After checking "the list", I guess it is. I've seen many CTRs on many issue rifles even though they aren't issued, but you never know with the clone police.
View All Quotes

Isn't CTR good to go?

I thought they were actually issued and it wasn't just a "in the wild" thing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#28]
So I called SureFire today, seeing if they would sell me a 4P over the phone, lol. He said they only sold them to the military, which I already knew. Frankly, I don't have any idea why they only sell them to the military though. It's not like it's a super high grade NV/thermal device, or a LA-5C. It has 4 prongs instead of 3, that's it. I asked him why they don't sell them to civilians, and he said he didn't know, nor did he know what the difference was between the 3 and 4p. All he knew is that they make them on contract for the military at a couple hundred to a few thousand at a time.

Now, I heard somewhere that they claimed that the 3p is a better flash hider, but the 4p locks up better in the suppressor (or something along those lines), but while I can see that a 3p might be a better flash hider, I think it's probably a load of bullshit, and it still doesn't explain why they won't sell them.

Hell, at least KAC admits to raping the government, by charging them like $500 for a flash hider, but they will sell it to you for the same price, if you want to shell out 500 clams for a FH.

Anyway, CQTR? Also, I found a 4x magnifier for my 553 laying around.

" />

[/url]" />
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Isn't CTR good to go?

If they're issued out, then that's news to me. If they aren't, then they should be.

I really like the CTR, so I have absolutely no problems with them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I may or may not be repainting my rifle this week
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't like CTRs really on CQBRs but they've been seen plenty of times on CQBRs so I'm not going to say you should change it.

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 7:20:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#32]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:
View Quote

bright pink, do it fgt.

jk, what color (s)?
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#33]

bright pink, do it fgt.
View All Quotes

bright pink, do it fgt.

Yellow like in chappie!
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Yellow like in chappie!
View All Quotes

bright pink, do it fgt.

Yellow like in chappie!

OMG, yes.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Isn't CTR good to go?

We have seen a whole bunch in use. You're good.

I'm with ECP like usual tho, I am just not a fan of the ergos, even tho I seem to not be able to get rid of this black MOE I've had for years.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#36]
can someone post more FSP chops?  I'm very highly contemplating having my FDE one chopped to MK18 spec...
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 7:37:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#37]
can someone post more FSP chops?  I'm very highly contemplating having my FDE one chopped to MK18 spec...
View Quote

Thanks to Louis!

Changed to:

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Mine has been sent to Louis, so I will post it up once it's back, and I have a barrel..
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Thanks to Louis!
<a href="http://s345.photobucket.com/user/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/media/cc83b9d7b69beab1e691db9ca79c5a1f_zpsig8ddnsk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/cc83b9d7b69beab1e691db9ca79c5a1f_zpsig8ddnsk.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s345.photobucket.com/user/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/media/5aed50f19b8237523169cb9c087df3b5_zpsfioakxpn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/5aed50f19b8237523169cb9c087df3b5_zpsfioakxpn.jpg</a>
Changed to:
<a href="http://s345.photobucket.com/user/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/media/02c41d3103d07e95fa48f18cff352d87_zpsz278ynly.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/02c41d3103d07e95fa48f18cff352d87_zpsz278ynly.jpg</a>
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/c832fd3f94b21f80f3c80a1258b49ad2_zps49nd7ig8.jpg
View All Quotes

Thanks to Louis!
<a href="http://s345.photobucket.com/user/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/media/cc83b9d7b69beab1e691db9ca79c5a1f_zpsig8ddnsk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/cc83b9d7b69beab1e691db9ca79c5a1f_zpsig8ddnsk.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s345.photobucket.com/user/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/media/5aed50f19b8237523169cb9c087df3b5_zpsfioakxpn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/5aed50f19b8237523169cb9c087df3b5_zpsfioakxpn.jpg</a>
Changed to:
<a href="http://s345.photobucket.com/user/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/media/02c41d3103d07e95fa48f18cff352d87_zpsz278ynly.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/02c41d3103d07e95fa48f18cff352d87_zpsz278ynly.jpg</a>
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/c832fd3f94b21f80f3c80a1258b49ad2_zps49nd7ig8.jpg

pants are getting tight...   close ups please?
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll definitely get some later. Couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out. Only difference is if I did it again I may use patriot brown instead.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll definitely get some later. Couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out. Only difference is if I did it again I may use patriot brown instead.
View Quote

Did it cover up all the engravings?  are they visible at all?
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Also, milspec, why don't you just blade stabilizer until you can move to a free state?
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:01:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#43]
Also, milspec, why don't you just blade stabilizer until you can move to a free state?
View Quote

That was random lol. Money basically. The cheek stabilizer I have on it works well as-is, but the blade stabilizer does look better. But either way they ain't clone correct, which is why I just post pics of the CQBR itself with no lower
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/sabroso1/19E226C8-59DE-4037-97E3-19F64C7AB6CE_zpsbob7fniv.jpg

Where can I find one? My Google fu is weak

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:10:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GripnAK47s] [#45]

View All Quotes

Thanks to Louis!
Changed to:

This!

I want to send one to Louis real bad...but I figure if im destroying an expensive rail...best I do it myself

Edit: Also, the day I cut it up is the day I get a deal on a legit FSP rail

Edit: Cutting black rails geez
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#46]
for heavens sakes dont chop up FDE clone correct rails for non clone correct rails. chop the black ones!
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 10Point3:
for heavens sakes dont chop up FDE clone correct rails for non clone correct rails. chop the black ones!
View Quote

Now that, I can agree with.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
Word. I'll trade a black for a FDE

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes

I will trade you for cash.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I thought you had a bunch?

Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 649 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top