Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 855 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:56:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:12:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

I run a Surefire SOCOM mini on mine occasionally. It's a great fit for the gun.

http://i.imgur.com/y1rK0d7.jpg

CD posted some pics awhile back of a NG unit that had some state purchased mini monsters. I believe it was 20th SFG IIRC.

28th EOD Company also seems to run minis along with NT4s on their 10.3" uppers. They also run FSP Lite rails which kinda cool too.

(Lots of Surefire minis and 720vs)
http://i.imgur.com/hxrA5nH.jpg

(Surefire mini on right gun)
http://i.imgur.com/E2982zy.jpg

Surefire mini with RIS II, EOTech XPS (no riser) and 720v)
http://i.imgur.com/d4OwsVq.jpg

(Surefire mini with LITE rail FSP & XPS on Larue riser)
http://i.imgur.com/ZabO0EO.jpg

(Surefire mini with LITE rail FSP with… low pro gas block
http://i.imgur.com/5pw01hW.jpg

I'm not aware of any units using RC2s. That doesn't mean they're not being used, just that I don't know of any pics or information that's surfaced of them. If they were in use, it'd be a unit-level thing like the minis. The actual SOPMOD contract is for the Gen 1 SOCOM RC.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smitty_007:
I know the RC/RC2 is clone correct, but is anyone running the Mini on their Mk18 build?  Pics?

Also, between RC and RC2, which are most of you going with?

I love when I see there are new posts in this thread .

Thanks!

CD posted some pics awhile back of a NG unit that had some state purchased mini monsters. I believe it was 20th SFG IIRC.

28th EOD Company also seems to run minis along with NT4s on their 10.3" uppers. They also run FSP Lite rails which kinda cool too.

I'm not aware of any units using RC2s. That doesn't mean they're not being used, just that I don't know of any pics or information that's surfaced of them. If they were in use, it'd be a unit-level thing like the minis. The actual SOPMOD contract is for the Gen 1 SOCOM RC.

Yeah,thats a homemade chop job not fsb version.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:39:07 AM EDT
[#3]
What is the type of paint/marker that military armories use on rifles/pistols for inventory purposes? I've seen mostly green or blue.
I see a lot of the same thing in the MEU-SOC 1911 thread...just rows of pistols with consecutive blue numbers painted on the grip. Many Mk18's are marked the same way but on most of the major serialized components.

I've seen this in multiple clone threads but figured I would ask here since it's the busiest.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Regulatori:
What is the type of paint/marker that military armories use on rifles/pistols for inventory purposes? I've seen mostly green or blue.
I see a lot of the same thing in the MEU-SOC 1911 thread...just rows of pistols with consecutive blue numbers painted on the grip. Many Mk18's are marked the same way but on most of the major serialized components.

I've seen this in multiple clone threads but figured I would ask here since it's the busiest.
View Quote
Whatever's on hand honstely...my unit used a bright green paint marker usually. 
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

Do you guys have experience with the AAC doing this?  We burned through 25 or so mags in short order, and that bitch is welded on, now.  The latch will not depress AT ALL.  I assume getting her smokey hot again will relieve this?  Appreciate any input.  This is the first time it has happened.
View Quote

No experience with the AAC cans, but when it happened to my 556RC, I just soaked it in BreakFree for an hour and it unlatched with no issues at that point.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:01:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Regulatori] [#6]
Originally Posted By slayer_75:
View Quote

I wasn't sure if it was just paint or an industrial marking pen (if I need to visit an office supply store or Home Depot).

We had Skilcraft white paint markers for serialized stuff but never came across any fancy colors. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#7]
RIP (Navy Petty Officer 1st Class Devon Grube).

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
I think he was trying to tell me that, cuz I mentioned Mk18.  Sorry about that.   So, CQBR with a funky rail, right?  Or did I get that wrong.  
View All Quotes
I think he was trying to tell me that, cuz I mentioned Mk18.  Sorry about that.   So, CQBR with a funky rail, right?  Or did I get that wrong.  

It's just a 10.3" upper with a Lite Rail FSP. No magical name to it.

Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
We're buying it all.

LMAO

Originally Posted By Alaska511:
Do you guys have experience with the AAC doing this?  We burned through 25 or so mags in short order, and that bitch is welded on, now.  The latch will not depress AT ALL.  I assume getting her smokey hot again will relieve this?  Appreciate any input.  This is the first time it has happened.

I don't. Only AAC can I own is an SDN-6 for 300Blk and I've never fired it enough to get that result from it. I'm sure soaking it in kroil or break free or something like that overnight would help. You can try getting it hot again, sometimes that doesn't work. You could also try some channel locks or something that would give you some torque on the latch.

Originally Posted By cmcflex:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/325/32658484231_dbd5932605_b.jpg

Damn. That's a shit hot mini-recce config. Guy had good taste.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:57:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#9]

It's just a 10.3" upper with a Lite Rail FSP. No magical name to it.

LMAO

I don't. Only AAC can I own is an SDN-6 for 300Blk and I've never fired it enough to get that result from it. I'm sure soaking it in kroil or break free or something like that overnight would help. You can try getting it hot again, sometimes that doesn't work. You could also try some channel locks or something that would give you some torque on the latch.

Damn. That's a shit hot mini-recce config. Guy had good taste.
View Quote

TY about the nomenclature.  And yeah, that's quite the mini recce......  I do believe I see some ARMS.  I have to admit, I'm a little stumped by the RDS on a 1-4.  I guess maybe leave it on 4 and use the RDS for close range.....  Then you don't have to futz with it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:05:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#10]

TY about the nomenclature.  And yeah, that's quite the mini recce......  I do believe I see some ARMS.  I have to admit, I'm a little stumped by the RDS on a 1-4.  I guess maybe leave it on 4 and use the RDS for close range.....  Then you don't have to futz with it.
View Quote

That's a 2.5-10x24. But even if it wasn't, a MRDS on low power optics is pretty common. (ELCAN for example). It gives you a quick and dirty 1x, a nice single-plane backup that doesn't require scope removal, sometimes a lot less parallax than 1x on magnified optics, etc…

Given this guy is Navy, the optic setup and bipod are most likely just taken straight off a Mk 12 Mod 1 setup.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:26:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mad4wd] [#11]
TC
Do you happen to know if ARMS made a dedicated top ring that mounts the doctor like in that pic? I looked but I didn't see anything?
Maybe those are nightforce rings in the pic?
Edit: I think I found it, Wilcox adapter ring for NF rings
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Thank you, sir!

Is there a pretty significant difference in sound suppression between the Mini RC and regular RC?  Cloning aside, is the RC2 that much better?  Pretty sure the Surefire will be my first suppressor for my Mk18 build.  Would love an NT4 but it's beginning to feel like a pipe dream.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:47:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aaron580] [#13]
Ok guys for real this time, (not a 10.5 sbr thats nothing like a mk18 ), im going for a mk18, my question is the can. Is a socom rc2 acceptable? Im having trouble finding a standard rc in fde or black, figure ill start on the can first and build the rifle little by little around it and an sbr lower. And would a surefire be acceptable with a fsb mk18? Im still doing my looking and research, but done with my mk12 for now, so need something new....
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By aaron580:
Ok guys for real this time, (not a 10.5 sbr thats nothing like a mk18 ), im going for a mk18, my question is the can. Is a socom rc2 acceptable? Im having trouble finding a standard rc in fde or black, figure ill start on the can first and build the rifle little by little around it and an sbr lower. And would a surefire be acceptable with a fsb mk18? Im still doing my looking and research, but done with my mk12 for now, so need something new....
View Quote

By FSB Mk18 are you talking about the Navy Mk18 or a block 2 FSB? The Navy Mk18 used the NT4 flash hider which wouldn't be compatible with an SF can, but I also don't think we ever saw an actual NT4 on a Mk18 even though it had the flash hider to mount one.

But if its the latter, yeah a surefire can is acceptable on a block 2. Ill let the other guys answer on the RC2 though because I've been gone a while, but last I was here I don't remember us ever seeing an RC2 on a block 2.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#15]

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/325/32658484231_dbd5932605_b.jpg
View Quote

Is ot just me, or does that nf have a giant lump on top in the back ring?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:27:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Is ot just me, or does that nf have a giant lump on top in the back ring?
View Quote
Paint on the scope matches the color of his PC in that area causing it blend in and look like one piece.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm pretty new to the mk18/cqbr scene, But I've been piecing a block 1 cqbr together. I know for the best accuracy, it should be a 10.3 barrel, but for the sake of expediency, I decided to just get the LMT 10.5. As of right now, it's in a pistol format, but I have plans to fill out my form 1. Also soon to come is an aimpoint. I'm still debating on a light, which I may end up going with something a little less accurate for a block 1 like a scout light, but I'm not sure yet.

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:
TC
Do you happen to know if ARMS made a dedicated top ring that mounts the doctor like in that pic? I looked but I didn't see anything?
Maybe those are nightforce rings in the pic?
Edit: I think I found it, Wilcox adapter ring for NF rings
View Quote

I think it's actually the Wilcox ring mount for the Badger/LaRue ring. I have the NF version and it is a no-go for the A.R.M.S. base.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Paint on the scope matches the color of his PC in that area causing it blend in and look like one piece.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
View Quote

Holy shit he's back
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#21]

I think it's actually the Wilcox ring mount for the Badger/LaRue ring. I have the NF version and it is a no-go for the A.R.M.S. base.
View Quote

The Wilcox ring mount for docter is different for NF and Badger.  This should be understood before one goes searching, or you'll be sorely disappointed when it's incompatible.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Lemme hold dat.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#23]
MILSPEC back from the dead...
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Pic dump in honor of wayward mofos that find their way back. Welcome home, brother.

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:05:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:
Pic dump in honor of wayward mofos that find their way back. Welcome home, brother.
View Quote
No out of focus, super close-up shots of a CQD mount. -87 points.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes

Look at this fanuc.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:11:54 PM EDT
[#27]
No out of focus, super close-up shots of a CQD mount. -87 points.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

Look at this fanuc.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

Look at this fanuc.

CQD ball so hard my mayonnaise maiden.

Current day.

What up AZ! I missed you stealth. All homo
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:27:26 PM EDT
[#29]

CQD ball so hard my mayonnaise maiden.

Current day.

What up AZ! I missed you stealth. All homo
View Quote

We need a picture of the comforter for old times' sake
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By sbye:

We need a picture of the comforter for old times' sake
View Quote

Lol that's it under my rifle. Just doesn't look as tore back in that section.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#31]

That's a 2.5-10x24. But even if it wasn't, a MRDS on low power optics is pretty common. (ELCAN for example). It gives you a quick and dirty 1x, a nice single-plane backup that doesn't require scope removal, sometimes a lot less parallax than 1x on magnified optics, etc…

Given this guy is Navy, the optic setup and bipod are most likely just taken straight off a Mk 12 Mod 1 setup.
View Quote

Facepalm.  I'm still learning the scopes.  It's cheating when it's a 2.5 but the front end is the same size as the tube.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:13:30 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes

We need proof of life.

Full spread shot of your shit on your comforter or you ain't who you say you are
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:30:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By stinkypol:

We need proof of life.

Full spread shot of your shit on your comforter or you ain't who you say you are
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:31:48 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Not sure if you are going to find anyone that will tell you an RC2 will be "correct".  It's work, and look similar, but won't be 100% correct.  Up to you to decide how much that bothers you.  I faced a similar call 270+ days ago and ticking, LGS had the SOCOM-SD in FDE, or SOCOM in Black.  I chose the black, and got it ceracoated :).

That being said, for a Mod0/BKI, you really should try to hold out for a NT4.  But if you must go SOCOM, check Impact Sports they appear to have non-RC's in stock.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:35:12 AM EDT
[#35]
We aren't likely to see the RC2 ever fielded en masse because the contract was/is for the RC. They may pop up as individual unit purchases at some point, but we haven't seen it yet.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:55:08 AM EDT
[#36]
So I just looked through an eotech with a pair of BNVDs.... I sort of swore off eotechs for a number of reasons... might have to get a couple more EXPSs or XPSs on risers...

I mean, the micro's and M68s aren't bad behind NVGs, I can rock a MK18 Mod 0 with fixed irons okay, but damn it if that Eotech just doesn't manifest in front of your eye... nothing else comes close

soooo, I guess SOCOM has a point still running them, or at least being hard pressed to replace them... if you are going for the whole passive shooting under NODs...

was just pretty surprised at how much I liked it so had to chime in...
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:32:52 AM EDT
[#37]

Lol that's it under my rifle. Just doesn't look as tore back in that section.
View Quote

omfg.  he has risen from the dead.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Does anyone know for sure when (month/year) EOTech stopped anodizing and started cerkoting the EXPS3-0's?

Would it be worth trying to find a used EXPS3-0 (for clone accuracy) that's anodized or are all the issued ones even anodized? 
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:51:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SilkyJohnson:

The Wilcox ring mount for docter is different for NF and Badger.  This should be understood before one goes searching, or you'll be sorely disappointed when it's incompatible.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilkyJohnson:

Obviously, nor did I surmise that they weren't.

My point was that (a) there's no specific ring mount for A.R.M.S. bases and (b) knowing that and trying the NF recon ring I have on the A.R.M.S. that it must be the Badger/LaRue version.

At this point, if people can find any Wilcox Docter/JPoint ring mounts, they should just snag them and get new rings.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Sooooo, this rattle can job is sick... mind filling us in on the stencil you used (looks like a t-shirt or something?) and colors/brand of paint? Thanks! Looking to paint one of my MK18s and think your example is the ticket
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

We need proof of life.

Welcome back MILSPEC...
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Regulatori:

Skilcraft...

I recommend not cloning the paint pen.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#44]

Skilcraft...

View Quote

Heretic.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#45]

Skilcraft...

View Quote

Hey, they're free for some of us.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#46]
They got Lazers, Blazers, Tazers...all kind of AZERS!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

We need proof of life.

Welcome back

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:51:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stinkypol] [#48]
Welcome back MILSPEC

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Looks correct, the paper drawn nt4 was a solid stop gap for my wait time

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Got my stamp back a few weeks ago, and then my OCD kicked in about the complete DD URG. So I ordered the colt goodies and finally got it assembled last night.

Still needs a 99051, m3x, and waiting on my suppressor to clear any day now.
Thanks to this thread for the empty wallets, but I couldn't be happier.
Enjoy.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 855 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top