Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1194
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:
Tiny crumb....that's a leupold correct? What is the deal with battery cover lanyard?
View Quote

It is, it's the TS-30 A2. I believe the lanyard comes on all their military models.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a mk4 dark earth TMR....no lanyard?
I want one now...I wonder if I can just buy one from leupold
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

It is, it's the TS-30 A2. I believe the lanyard comes on all their military models.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:
Tiny crumb....that's a leupold correct? What is the deal with battery cover lanyard?

Mine is the same; it has the "lanyard".
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I want a lanyard cover. Seems like good insurance as I head mine come loose after being in a bag in my trunk for a while.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet it must be just the TS30....I have never seen it or paid attention to be honest...
Mike...I am sending an email to leupold on it
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I had the chance to take the early mod0 out for the first time today and got the cobwebs from the last decade put of it, I also managed to take exactly 0rds of razor core with me.

The 7lb trigger has to go, but it shot really well. And, the CLE ain't too bad with xm193 either.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's our very own 18E3V in the 'Stan with his beloved Holland.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:29:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Great_Balls_of_Fire] [#9]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/RTUtah/JRModH_zps3ef8c7ab.jpg
View Quote

Nice shades dude

EDIT: 18, I equate this to a chick sending tit pics of herself while she's standing too far from the mirror for anyone to see the good details. Nevertheless, they are tit pics...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Even at distance, the profile of a PRI tube with OPS suppressor just looks so fucking sick.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah it's tough to tell what exactly all is going on with that Holland but I'm under the impression 18 will send me a few more at some point.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

I wish I had facial hair
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:

I wish I had facial hair
View All Quotes

I wish I had facial hair

Grow some.  It ain't that hard.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

View All Quotes

I wish I had facial hair

I'm too white. Least hairiest person in the world. Which in told is a good thing because apparently people get back hair
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#16]

I'm too white. Least hairiest person in the world. Which in told is a good thing because apparently people get back hair
View All Quotes

I wish I had facial hair

Matty, does your shit come in all patchy and trashy and shit?

I've got the best of both worlds: thickish facial hair, zero back hair, good tan, dreamy eyes, etc. etc.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quick clarification please: Magpul CTR is GTG? Just thinking on stock options for mod 1.

Thanks all.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Movistar:
Quick clarification please: Magpul CTR is GTG? Just thinking on stock options for mod 1.

Thanks all.

View Quote

As far as I know it's either A1, A2, SOPMOD, or Magpul UBR (seen in the Army Pic). CTR has only been seen on a Holland.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:31:50 PM EDT
[#19]

I've got the best of both worlds: thickish facial hair, zero back hair, good tan, dreamy eyes, etc. etc.

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/c7/c71cfa5121643ff442057c4042bea2deb9d3a635b4b38b6502c0b55877b23007.jpg

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:54:25 PM EDT
[#21]

I tape my dope cards to my stock because I'm tier 0. Neil can tell you

With that said- does anyone have the mil dot version of this hold over pictogram? How does the standard leupold mil dot reticle line up in relation to the TMR? Is it basically the big hashes?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-uVjlV13PPBM/U9bvgdDhMBI/AAAAAAAAJmc/xNCNGhkx2r4/s800/28cfwxh.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Socomike:
Originally Posted By 18E3V:
Our Mod Hollands have 300WM, 30-06, 308, and 55gr 223 turrets.  The turrets themselves don't really 'do' anything different than any other turret.  The MOA per click doesn't change, and the holds change all the time.  A good ballistic solver used to determine the actual holds and then printed to a DOPE card is what we actually use.  Just a couple of observations......

All that considered, I think I'm just gonna throw my .308 turret on and call it good. Thanks 18; your posts are always appreciated.

Well stated 18.  The turrets are simply for aesthetics for me.  A dope card and trigger time is paramount.

I tape my dope cards to my stock because I'm tier 0. Neil can tell you

With that said- does anyone have the mil dot version of this hold over pictogram? How does the standard leupold mil dot reticle line up in relation to the TMR? Is it basically the big hashes?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-uVjlV13PPBM/U9bvgdDhMBI/AAAAAAAAJmc/xNCNGhkx2r4/s800/28cfwxh.jpg

Matty, you should just come out to one of the LR practice session at VCGHC and get your own data. Steve gave me a DOPE chart for my ECC and the factory ammo I was using and while it was close, I had to fine tune it just a bit. Could be the same for you also and the chart you're trying to use. Are you on the notification list? The have sessions twice a month out to 1K yards with a spotter for every shot. It helped me tremendously.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Swapping to a mk4 as well?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ankratz:
Originally Posted By ankratz

I know, I'm a disgrace. It's only like that as a temp because the NF and ARMS 36 is for sale.

I doped it today to 700 and it works. No one's head exploded, but I knew the spirit of this thread was frowning down upon me.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/ARFCOM/MK12/20140708_144725_zpsn0d21w4d.jpg
You goin' Larue?

SPR-E
Swapping to a mk4 as well?

Debating the Mk4 3.5-10x40 sent in for M5 turrets, or a Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 MIL/MIL out of the box

Seeing first hand the capabilities of this rifle, and the limitations in ergonomics and tech in what is "correct", I find myself drifting from that what is Mk12 and moving towards my ideal of a Mk12.

The heart of the system is the barrel and the Ops Inc 12th model--hands down. All else is eye candy I believe. Call it "Mk12 agnostic" if you will ;)

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:59:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Couldn't pass up page 556 Here's my Mod 1 as she currently sits. Sorry for the phone pics.

http://d.pr/i/ozx4+

http://d.pr/i/Z9Z+

http://d.pr/i/kte1+

http://d.pr/i/bwrq+

http://d.pr/i/4b9y+
View Quote

This thing is SICK.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:20:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Debating the Mk4 3.5-10x40 sent in for M5 turrets, or a Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 MIL/MIL out of the box

Seeing first hand the capabilities of this rifle, and the limitations in ergonomics and tech in what is "correct", I find myself drifting from that what is Mk12 and moving towards my ideal of a Mk12.

The heart of the system is the barrel and the Ops Inc 12th model--hands down. All else is eye candy I believe. Call it "Mk12 agnostic" if you will ;)

View Quote

Oh no. We're about to lose another one...

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:20:31 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/c7/c71cfa5121643ff442057c4042bea2deb9d3a635b4b38b6502c0b55877b23007.jpg

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

I knew this was coming :)

I assure you I won't post any Chainsaw offenses, or call an SPR a Mk12 if it gets that far.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:04:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Get your Mk12 and make it clone correct.  Then get you a KAC LPR and build it the way you would do a "Mk12" the way it would work for you.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:14:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#28]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
Get your Mk12 and make it clone correct.  Then get you a KAC LPR and build it the way you would do a "Mk12" the way it would work for you.  
View Quote

ETA - For the sake of the thread

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:27:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:

As far as I know it's either A1, A2, SOPMOD, or Magpul UBR (seen in the Army Pic). CTR has only been seen on a Holland.
View All Quotes

Thanks all.

UBR is GTG? I wouldn't have thought  so since they only came our a couple of years ago. Wow.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:30:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#30]

UBR is GTG? I wouldn't have thought  so since they only came our a couple of years ago. Wow.
View All Quotes

Thanks all.

Some of us run a "If it's been seen in the wild, it's good to go" philosophy. There's a Mod 1 with one on it. Pics are a page or five back.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:06:03 AM EDT
[#31]

UBR is GTG? I wouldn't have thought  so since they only came our a couple of out 6.5  years ago. Wow.
View All Quotes

Thanks all.

UBR is GTG? I wouldn't have thought  so since they only came our a couple of out 6.5  years ago. Wow.

See correction, I got mine in 12/07
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Thanks all.

The ONLY clone-correct stock for a MK12 is an A1 or A2 stock, or a SOPMOD stock. Anything else is just the user switching it out in the field or from something he bought at the PX. If you're making a direct clone of the approved MK12 system, then there are only 3 options, and technically not even the SOPMOD is correct.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#33]

The ONLY clone-correct stock for a MK12 is an A1 or A2 stock, or a SOPMOD stock. Anything else is just the user switching it out in the field or from something he bought at the PX. If you're making a direct clone of the approved MK12 system, then there are only 3 options, and technically not even the SOPMOD is correct.
View All Quotes

Thanks all.

Dont forget about the SPR uppers that were issued to guys that had M4A1s...the early  pictures of guys with colt CAR stocks are M4A1 lowers.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:06:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: the-answer-is-42] [#34]
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

Dont forget about the SPR uppers that were issued to guys that had M4A1s...the early  pictures of guys with colt CAR stocks are M4A1 lowers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

Thanks all.

Correct, there were CAR stocks as well on the MOD 0's. So technically there are four stock, then. But no magpul stocks

PS- go to the post office
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:21:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#35]

View All Quotes

Thanks all.

I thought the A2s were not issued? I thought we had settled on the A1 being the only issued Mk 12 stock, with the A2s showing up being user-replaced?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:29:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#36]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#37]
can someone tell me the inside diameter of a Ops inc. collar

I have a barrel that is .730 and wondering if the collar would fit

THANKS
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By tacticalcoyote:
can someone tell me the inside diameter of a Ops inc. collar

I have a barrel that is .730 and wondering if the collar would fit

THANKS
View Quote

It's either profiled for the collar or it's not
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:15:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tacticalcoyote] [#39]
I have a Lothar Walther barrel that is from muzzle threads back to gas block is .730.  I know that the profile says .725 and if there is an extra  .005 play
wanting to know if the collar would slide on and mount it there at the correct distance and not move

Or do I need to go ahead and get a barrel with the correct profile
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#40]
I just measured an extra and it came out to .7335 ID, now I used a micrometer and not a bore gauge..so in all reality it's probably a .001 or two larger.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#41]
What do I need to know about the muzzle break for a Mod 0? I learned that there are two options, Ops Inc and Allen Engineering. Allen Engineering appears to be slightly less in cost, but otherwise appears to be a 1:1 copy of the OPS. Do both fixtures accept the same suppressor or each a proprietary system, accepting only their own suppressor?

I'm looking to make my purchase in the next week or two --- Are there any preferred vendors or should I just buy whats in stock?

I imagine both are compatible with the WOA SPR barrel, which is what I have.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:43:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Socomike] [#42]
Imgaine a world where, in the early 2000's, Armalite made a handuful of rifle FF RAS identical to the Knights unit to fulfill a military obligation......

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Imgaine a world where, in the early 2000's, Armalite made a rifle FF RAS identical to the Knights unit to fulfill a military obligation......

http://graphicashen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/mind-blown.jpg
View Quote

Sooo, Armalite rails are totally kosher now
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:49:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Socomike] [#44]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

View All Quotes
Imgaine a world where, in the early 2000's, Armalite made a rifle FF RAS identical to the Knights unit to fulfill a military obligation......

haha...floodgates = Open

Edit:
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:32:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#45]

haha...floodgates = Open

Edit: <a href="http://s841.photobucket.com/user/paintballa698/media/photo1-5_zps8d2b2983.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/paintballa698/photo1-5_zps8d2b2983.jpg</a>
View All Quotes

haha...floodgates = Open

Edit: <a href="http://s841.photobucket.com/user/paintballa698/media/photo1-5_zps8d2b2983.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/paintballa698/photo1-5_zps8d2b2983.jpg</a>

Sweet Baby Jesus.......................

You've got to tell us where you came upon that unicorn.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:45:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Socomike] [#46]
I got it from a old (soon to be back with some cool shit) staple in this thread.  He bought it under the pretenses it was a KAC part.  When he stripped it, he was confused and got a refund.  He lost interest in the build and I bought it.  I talked with ArmaLite reps at the NRA convention in Indy and they very reluctantly came off of some information on it.  Basically, I got one word answers to questions like:

Why is it exactly like the Knights rail? Surely it was done for them with their permission? Yep
Its rather old looking...id say early 2000s? YEP around there.
Thats funny, thats around the time when the MK12 was getting going and the KAC rail was being used on it? ...Yeah thats about right.
Did you guys make them for KAC or something? I remember them doing a very short run....maybe to fill a government order.
Like how many?  Oh..I dunno but less than 20.  You could hold them all in your arms.  
Hmmm.  Its a neat piece.  Thanks for the insight. ..... your welcome.

Needless to say, not the most friendly guy but he was the director of something and not the normal floor runner.  

MOAR pictures.

Ive been searching for others...pictures...anything but I just cant find any.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#47]
I got it from a old (soon to be back with some cool shit) staple in this thread.  He bought it under the pretenses it was a KAC part.  When he stripped it, he was confused and got a refund.  He lost interest in the build and I bought it.  I talked with ArmaLite reps at the NRA convention in Indy and they very reluctantly came off of some information on it.  Basically, I got one word answers to questions like:

Why is it exactly like the Knights rail? Surely it was done for them with their permission? Yep
Thats funny, thats around the time when the MK12 was getting going and the KAC rail was being used on it? ...Yeah thats about right.
Did you guys make them for KAC or something? I remember them doing a very short run....maybe to fill a government order.
Like how many?  Oh..I dunno but less than 20.  You could hold them all in your arms.  

Needless to say, not the most friendly guy but he was the director of something and not the normal floor runner.  

MOAR pictures.
<a href="http://s841.photobucket.com/user/paintballa698/media/photo3-3_zpsab016e3b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/paintballa698/photo3-3_zpsab016e3b.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s841.photobucket.com/user/paintballa698/media/photo4-3_zps1ae3bb63.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/paintballa698/photo4-3_zps1ae3bb63.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s841.photobucket.com/user/paintballa698/media/photo2-5_zps37a43a37.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/paintballa698/photo2-5_zps37a43a37.jpg</a>
View Quote

Amazing.  Nice little piece of history.  Glad someone got it who can appreciate it for what it is.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#48]

MOAR pictures.
<a href="http://s841.photobucket.com/user/paintballa698/media/photo3-3_zpsab016e3b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/paintballa698/photo3-3_zpsab016e3b.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s841.photobucket.com/user/paintballa698/media/photo4-3_zps1ae3bb63.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/paintballa698/photo4-3_zps1ae3bb63.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s841.photobucket.com/user/paintballa698/media/photo2-5_zps37a43a37.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/paintballa698/photo2-5_zps37a43a37.jpg</a>

View Quote

Very cool; it's rare that any new information surfaces in most of the clone threads but for some to surface on the MK12 is a surprise to say the least.  I've been waiting to see what your fedex package was for several days!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#49]

MOAR pictures.

View Quote

You do realize that your build has to be EXACTLY super balls deep spec now, right? I mean performing acts upon PSYWAR-01's person to get a legit Crane gas block, Colt's upper, Douglas barrel, early 3-9 TS-30, etc. Anything less with a unicorn piece like that is unacceptable, and chainsaw worthy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#50]

MOAR pictures.

View Quote

Very cool. It's the very small slivers of information like this that fascinate me. I'll never (I say it now) aim to clone 100% to spec but I always enjoy the history and transformations of these weapon systems.

Page / 1194
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top