Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1195
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Mr Allen is having me measure from the end of the muzzle.

It's 2 3/16" to the shelf
2 1/4 to the taper with the ae
2 1/4" with the ops
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thinking about trading out my MOD 0 upper for something in a more MR556/HK416-ish flavor (I know, I know, it's for a special project, though ).

Gen. III, late MOD 0 - ARMS sleeve, "C AF" upper, set-screwed gas block and WOA barrel.  

Don't worry, not leaving the clan, will still have a MOD 1.  

The MOD 0 is just kind of lonely, though, no optic, no dedicated lower, and too much other stuff in the pipeline for me to foresee it being finished in the very near future.  She deserves better.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eblack:
Mr Allen is having me measure from the end of the muzzle.

<a href="http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/SgtUSMCirqafg/media/F00DBE30-4AC7-45C4-936A-18529E554EB9_zpstsnen1ke.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/SgtUSMCirqafg/F00DBE30-4AC7-45C4-936A-18529E554EB9_zpstsnen1ke.jpg</a>

It's 2 3/16" to the shelf
2 1/4 to the taper with the ae
2 1/4" with the ops
View Quote

Not enough room to comfortably build a custom collar so he is having me get the step put back a little to move it back to 2.4
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:47:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Movistar] [#4]
Edit: nice. That should be easy to fix.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Movistar:
View Quote

That what you were asking for?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:

Haven't used a peq 2 in a long time, but if you have to remove the rail to install the peq, probably that's why.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Haven't used a peq 2 in a long time, but if you have to remove the rail to install the peq, probably that's why.

You don't - the rail has a removable section for this purpose.  The A.R.M.S. PEQ sleeve has 2 screws to remove a small portion of the upper rail.  This allows the PEQ-2 to recess into the rail itself.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#7]

<a href="http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/SgtUSMCirqafg/media/CDD4B60A-63F2-41D7-BC42-369C35677862_zps0ieefrvr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/SgtUSMCirqafg/CDD4B60A-63F2-41D7-BC42-369C35677862_zps0ieefrvr.jpg</a>
View All Quotes

<a href="http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/SgtUSMCirqafg/media/CDD4B60A-63F2-41D7-BC42-369C35677862_zps0ieefrvr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/SgtUSMCirqafg/CDD4B60A-63F2-41D7-BC42-369C35677862_zps0ieefrvr.jpg</a>

Yeah. Thanks for humoring me. You're just a hair over .25 short. I'd send it back to HCS and have him turn it down a bit.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm bringing it to Jeff Hayes tomorrow. The Badger guys on here know him he is gtg.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I did not partake in the special run of these collars, though I appreciate an industry member listening and tailoring to the requests of a small group of individuals in a very distant corner of a very large and obtuse market. Really wish more members of the industry were this responsive to the requests of its customers (but I also understand business and profitability). Problems or not, thanks again.

Originally Posted By Glass1:
First off, I apologize for the late reply. I've been out of town on business and away from the computer. Just getting caught up.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues guys are having with the collars. I'm going to look into that today and if there is a tolerance issue we'll take care of it. This isn't the first time I've heard complaints about the gas blocks, and I will say that we hold the extreme tight end of the tolerance specification. If a barrel holds the tight end as well, tolerance stacking will occur. That alone doesn't fix the issue though, so I'm pushing to get the gas blocks loosened up a bit while still staying within the NAVSPEC.

The only thing I'll add is c'mon guys... lets act like men here. If you have an issue with something let the company know before you start mudslinging on the internet. Give them a chance to assist and/or correct any mistake before going that route. We're all human and mistakes can happen, including pounding a device on a barrel when it clearly doesn't seem to fit.

MILSPEC556, I'd be curious to know what bad news you've heard about our products. Since you didn't mind making the statement, perhaps you wouldn't IM me to elaborate?

I'll stay in touch regarding the collars.

View Quote

Pic thread

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:20:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Movistar] [#10]
Great news! Dealer just called and my AEM5 stamp arrived today! Gotta go pick it up tonight if I can or maybe tomorrow.

Bought from Adco 4/16. Email from Adco F3 cleared Memorial Day 5/25
Arrived at Dealer 6/1 mailed to BATFE 6/4 check cleared 6/17...
Stamp arrived 10/4. 4 months and 1 day from when it was mailed.

ETA: trust used
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:21:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#11]
First off, I apologize for the late reply. I've been out of town on business and away from the computer. Just getting caught up.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues guys are having with the collars. I'm going to look into that today and if there is a tolerance issue we'll take care of it. This isn't the first time I've heard complaints about the gas blocks, and I will say that we hold the extreme tight end of the tolerance specification. If a barrel holds the tight end as well, tolerance stacking will occur. That alone doesn't fix the issue though, so I'm pushing to get the gas blocks loosened up a bit while still staying within the NAVSPEC.

The only thing I'll add is c'mon guys... lets act like men here. If you have an issue with something let the company know before you start mudslinging on the internet. Give them a chance to assist and/or correct any mistake before going that route. We're all human and mistakes can happen, including pounding a device on a barrel when it clearly doesn't seem to fit.

MILSPEC556, I'd be curious to know what bad news you've heard about our products. Since you didn't mind making the statement, perhaps you wouldn't IM me to elaborate?

View Quote

I'm sorry brother, I didn't even realize you work for B.O. If I knew that I wouldn't have even said anything.

So for now I'll be a man, and.............blame it on dangerdan.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

I'm sorry brother, I didn't even realize you work for B.O. If I knew that I wouldn't have even said anything.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/655/21519546765_5f493e4723_b.jpg
View All Quotes

Long collar and new fsb work on that upper. I know it's a real one but what are we doing wrong? What barrel currently fits a long collar with the new fsb and allows sufficient suppressor turns?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By Bohguy:
Long collar and new fsb work on that upper. I know it's a real one but what are we doing wrong? What barrel currently fits a long collar with the new fsb and allows sufficient suppressor turns?

View All Quotes

Apparently any one not currently being turned by CLE.

17.75" or 17.9" is not 18".

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#14]
WOA master race
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:37:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glass1] [#15]

View Quote

Don't be sorry, bro. If you have or have heard complaints about our products I definitely want to hear about it. We pride ourselves on precision manufacturing, so if someone is experiencing issues it is important to me. I just don't want to muddy the photo thread with unrelated discussion, so if you wouldn't mind IMing me I assure you it will be received professionally.

After looking into the collar dimensions today, we've found that they do adhere to the specification. If you check the dimensions on the print posted at the top of page 1035 provided by Ron Allen you'll notice the spec is 0.7495 (+.000/ -.001). This is what the long collars we checked all mic at, and is the exact spec on the original print.

However, that doesn't fix the problem some folks are experiencing, as we all know barrel dimensions vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and coating dimensions can vary as well. So we opened up a handful of collars to 0.750 for those experiencing issues. If you need a slightly larger collar feel free to contact me and we'll get them switched out for you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I.M. inbound Glass.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Don't be sorry, bro. If you have or have heard complaints about our products I definitely want to hear about it. We pride ourselves on precision manufacturing, so if someone is experiencing issues it is important to me. I just don't want to muddy the photo thread with unrelated discussion, so if you wouldn't mind IMing me I assure you it will be received professionally.

After looking into the collar dimensions today, we've found that they do adhere to the specification. If you check the dimensions on the print posted at the top of page 1035 provided by Ron Allen you'll notice the spec is 0.7495 (+.000/ -.001). This is what the long collars we checked all mic at, and is the exact spec on the original print.

However, that doesn't fix the problem some folks are experiencing, as we all know barrel dimensions vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and coating dimensions can vary as well. So we opened up a handful of collars to 0.750 for those experiencing issues. If you need a slightly larger collar feel free to contact me and we'll get them switched out for you.
View All Quotes

Now THAT'S what I call customer service.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

View All Quotes

Yup, now to figure out where I want to put my Badger Ordnance sticker.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Much respect! Can't wait to get home from deployment and install the BO long collars on my Mk12s
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

At least I'm not alone.

I've been trying to find somewhere for it to go for the last few weeks.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Glass I IM'd ya back.

Next time i will keep my calipers close and measure before i order as well as ask more questions. If the nav spec is .749 and the GB IS .750, its no wonder it didnt fit. I retract my words. I was pissed and i showed it on the public forum. Sorry for that.

I will be measuring my WOA barrel to confirm its .750.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:01:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#22]

View Quote
Boh, just measured my BCM and its 18.0625" from boltface to muzzle.
I'll edit this post with the length of my PRI FSGB.
GenIII:  ( ~1/16" gap between FSB and collar)
BCM barrel:   18.0625"

Gas block:       1.808"

Badger long collar: 1.272"
GenII:  (collar is flush against FSB)
Douglas/CLE barrel: 18.031"

"wheeled" FSB:        1.856"

OPS long collar:        1.264"
*If my BCM barrel was 1/16" of an inch shorter, the collar would be flush with the newer FSB and still contact the barrel step.*

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
Lolol
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Why have the rail on the scope mount if you are going to mount an RMR at 45*?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#26]

My barrel was/is short by about .25" too ...machining the shoulder back is an option, but I don't think it's a great fix because it will have the collar sitting closer to the gas block than it is supposed to be.

Here is how my barrel and short collar measured up: SHORT

Here's my fix for the short barrel. Bought a spacer (just under .25") from Adco.

The thought behind using this as a fix is that the barrel is short. So, I'm using the spacer to make the barrel the spec 18 inches. I think I'm comfortable with the number of threads available for the brake:

Now it measures up correctly

With the AEM5 on we won't see it, but it should get plenty of turns, within spec. And, without the AEM5 on, I think it looks ok:

What do you guys think of this? In my own personal opinion this is the best option available, other than taking the upper apart and replacing the barrel I'll make the final decision when I get the AEM5 in hand, but I think this will be what I stick with.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Ok, what do you guys think. Urban Camo....yay or nay???
" />
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Davey_Sickboy:
http://<a href=http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww245/Davey_Sickboy/20151005_194543_001-01_zpsh3tsifak.jpeg</a>" />
View Quote

Ehhhhhhh. Ehhhhhhhhhhh. Ehhhhhhhhhhh.

Looks like dirty snow to me. I'd give it the same badass spray job you did on your Block 1.5
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:13:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#29]

Looks like dirty snow to me. I'd give it the same badass spray job you did on your Block 1.5
View All Quotes
http://<a href=http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww245/Davey_Sickboy/20151005_194543_001-01_zpsh3tsifak.jpeg</a>" />

Yellow snow???  Would work for cold weather operator shit though
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:

That's what I was thinking. I have pics saved of Navy CQBR'S with this same paint. They were training on what looked like mount everest lol
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

I like the paint! Girl Interupted on DVD????

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Davi- check the CQBR thread in 2 mikes. I'll upload some of those so you can see.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By TheGreatDanton:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheGreatDanton:

It's a good movie.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

The 1.5 is desert camo. Same as 4 of my rifles. Just wanted to change it up. Not much desert where I live, and wanted to do a SHTF urban sniper rifle. I immediately regretted my decision after clear coating it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
Fellow Californian.

You handle it.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#36]
What to do, what to do, what to do...? I'll have a spare TS30A2 at the end of the month, too.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:
What to do, what to do, what to do...? I'll have a spare TS30A2 at the end of the month, too.

http://i62.tinypic.com/54vc50.jpg
View Quote

Adopt me. It'll be easy as we're both in state.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
PEQ-2-3.

You know what to do.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Had some questions about my gear setup so thought I'd answer in here. I've become fond of the Pelican 1700 mostly for its small size. The 1720 and 1750 feel a little big to me where the 1700 seems to fit in most any place.

Here's what I keep in her:

- SBR Colt lower with Geissele SSA-E, CAR stock, Griffin AR-SOB
- Mk 12 Mod H upper with Ops 12th
- Block II CQBR upper with Surefire SOCOM mini
- PVS-14 w/ CRYE Nightcap for NV
- G33 for CQBR
- Glock 19 w/ Surefire X300 in Kydex w/ 3 mags
- Leupold Mk 4 Spotter with TMR reticle (matching reticle to Mk 12 scope) & mini tripod
- Leupold RX-1000i rangefinder
- Garmin Oregon GPS
- Otis 5.56/9MM cleaning kit with addition of fireclean & .223 bore snake
- Sling, gloves, ear pro & eye pro
- Small pack of spare batteries for everything

This all fits easily with plenty of room to spare for as many rifle mags as I want to throw in. Pretty happy with this as I can just grab and go at any time and have most everything I'd need on me to do any kind of shooting other than shotgun. Covers everything from handgun, CQB, to medium-range (600 yds or so) with precision sub-MOA Mk 12. All quiet and all NV capable.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I vote for buying a $36 upper and assembling it LOL
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:58:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#41]

View Quote

It's missing the dildo that goes on the end

and a .300 WM counterpart
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#42]
That .300 wm counterpart cannot come out soon enough. Not sure what the hold up is either. Mk11 can is still in jail though, but not for long. All I have to show for that kit is the F1.

This little project will probably be put away until a mid life crisis rolls around. Too busy throwing money at .30 cal projects. Were TS30A2s ever issued on a Mod 0?

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:26:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Movistar] [#43]
Clone diseased, the spacer is probably fine. But turning down the barrel would be pretty simple of a fix and no one will notice .20 between the collar and the gas block. It's your rifle. You're the one that has to be happy.

Speaking of happy. AEM5 day! Yay! 4 months and 1 day.

An interesting side note. Spartanglory11's AEM5 got exactly 8 turns on my gun. I snugged it good too. Mine got 8.8-8.9 same gun no changes. I guess I never considered things could be different from can to can too. His is about 40 SN ahead of mine

Pre paint pics

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:37:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Clone diseased, the spacer is probably fine. But turning down the barrel would be pretty simple of a fix and no one will notice .20 between the collar and the gas block. It's your rifle. You're the one that has to be happy.

An interesting side note. Spartanglory11's AEM5 got exactly 8 turns on my gun. I snugged it good too. Mine got 8.8-8.9 same gun no changes. I guess I never considered things could be different from can to can too. His is about 40 SN ahead of mine

Pre paint pics

<a href="http://s902.photobucket.com/user/Fivejackmans/media/90C111C1-7410-4DB5-94FD-DC03439D3DFF_zpsjsuijsuv.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Fivejackmans/90C111C1-7410-4DB5-94FD-DC03439D3DFF_zpsjsuijsuv.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s902.photobucket.com/user/Fivejackmans/media/E5C951A0-34B5-481C-85A4-2C4146A8EA4F_zpsqbnmr1zg.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Fivejackmans/E5C951A0-34B5-481C-85A4-2C4146A8EA4F_zpsqbnmr1zg.jpg</a>
View Quote

Four months and a day. I am so extremely jealous.   Congrats, brother.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#45]

That .300 wm counterpart cannot come out soon enough. Not sure what the hold up is either. Mk11 can is still in jail though, but not for long. All I have to show for that kit is the F1.

This little project will probably be put away until a mid life crisis rolls around. Too busy throwing money at .30 cal projects. Were TS30A2s ever issued on a Mod 0?

View Quote
Not sure they were revised by that time, but externally they're pretty much identical.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#46]

Pre paint pics

http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Fivejackmans/90C111C1-7410-4DB5-94FD-DC03439D3DFF_zpsjsuijsuv.jpg

http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Fivejackmans/E5C951A0-34B5-481C-85A4-2C4146A8EA4F_zpsqbnmr1zg.jpg
View Quote
Congrats on the can. Now paint it.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Zero rest for the weary haha. Paint is coming tonignt. Also Nodak A1 lower should be in the next week or so.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
Had some questions about my gear setup so thought I'd answer in here. I've become fond of the Pelican 1700 mostly for its small size. The 1720 and 1750 feel a little big to me where the 1700 seems to fit in most any place.

http://i.imgur.com/iVLNNAm.jpg

Here's what I keep in her:

- SBR Colt lower with Geissele SSA-E, CAR stock, Griffin AR-SOB
- Mk 12 Mod H upper with Ops 12th
- Block II CQBR upper with Surefire SOCOM mini
- PVS-14 w/ CRYE Nightcap for NV
- G33 for CQBR
- Glock 19 w/ Surefire X300 in Kydex w/ 3 mags
- Leupold Mk 4 Spotter with TMR reticle (matching reticle to Mk 12 scope) & mini tripod
- Leupold RX-1000i rangefinder
- Garmin Oregon GPS
- Otis 5.56/9MM cleaning kit with addition of fireclean & .223 bore snake
- Sling, gloves, ear pro & eye pro
- Small pack of spare batteries for everything

This all fits easily with plenty of room to spare for as many rifle mags as I want to throw in. Pretty happy with this as I can just grab and go at any time and have most everything I'd need on me to do any kind of shooting other than shotgun. Covers everything from handgun, CQB, to medium-range (600 yds or so) with precision sub-MOA Mk 12. All quiet and all NV capable.
View Quote

How do you like the Griffin SOB? I just got one and put some rounds through my MK18 with it, then swapped to a lower with an H2 or H3 (don't remember) and the difference was significant in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:03:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#49]
If the LT104 wasnt issued is there any reason that one couldnt run the LT158 or LT139 instead? I dont see a need for 1.5" f you can run 1.44.

I guess this is where the "what they used vs what i would run as an operator" line is drawn?

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:19:34 PM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

If the LT104 wasnt issued is there any reason that one couldnt run the LT158 or LT139 instead? I dont see a need for 1.5" f you can run 1.44.

I guess this is where the "what they used vs what i would run as an operator" line is drawn?

View Quote

Page / 1195
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top