User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 56
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 3:13:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TurbineJunkie:
Continued from previous post:

The Tac-12 ran phenomenal until I swapped the fixed stock and tube for the collapsible stock and tube. Now I'm getting a FTF/light primer strike pretty much every other round. I think I had the buffer tube set too far back and the tail of the bolt was striking it 50% of the time and slowing the bolt down enough to not go completely into battery. Not sure if I fixed the problem cause I haven't taken it back out since I fixed it last week.

The Black Aces S4 will be getting the fixed stock from the Tac-12. I like the aesthetics of the wood but it's not nearly as comfortable as a pistol grip. This shotgun runs amazingly well.

The Panzer M4 is my favorite of the 3. Runs just as good if not slightly better than the Black Aces S4 because the bolt feels way smoother. Even out of the box it just felt like it was ready to run.

The only noticeable difference at least for my examples is the trigger guards. The Tac-12 has the metal guard while the BA S4 and PA M4 both have the plastic guards. All three guns have metal sights and rails.

https://imgur.com/gallery/bgjlrpv
View Quote

@TurbineJunkie

Is that the MI handguard on your Tac12? How do you like it? How solid does it feel installed? Any wobble/slop/play?
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Johnnygent:

@TurbineJunkie

Is that the MI handguard on your Tac12? How do you like it? How solid does it feel installed? Any wobble/slop/play?
View Quote

It is the MI handgaurd on the Tac12. It's really solid and doesn't move at all. Once it's mounted properly and the brass set screws on the underside of the handgaurd are snugged down it's solid. It's really comfortable and a huge improvement over the factory plastic. Weight wasn't really and issue for me as the M4 shotgun isn't very light to begin with.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe they’re improving them. My Tac12 came with a plastic trigger housing. Replacing it with a metal Benelli part made it smoother.

Originally Posted By TurbineJunkie:
Continued from previous post:

The Tac-12 ran phenomenal until I swapped the fixed stock and tube for the collapsible stock and tube. Now I'm getting a FTF/light primer strike pretty much every other round. I think I had the buffer tube set too far back and the tail of the bolt was striking it 50% of the time and slowing the bolt down enough to not go completely into battery. Not sure if I fixed the problem cause I haven't taken it back out since I fixed it last week.

The Black Aces S4 will be getting the fixed stock from the Tac-12. I like the aesthetics of the wood but it's not nearly as comfortable as a pistol grip. This shotgun runs amazingly well.

The Panzer M4 is my favorite of the 3. Runs just as good if not slightly better than the Black Aces S4 because the bolt feels way smoother. Even out of the box it just felt like it was ready to run.

The only noticeable difference at least for my examples is the trigger guards. The Tac-12 has the metal guard while the BA S4 and PA M4 both have the plastic guards. All three guns have metal sights and rails.

https://imgur.com/gallery/bgjlrpv
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:27:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like they got the front sight base / barrel length / magazine tube cap to line up like they do on benellis
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 8:04:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Just a general question since tisas USA , Tokarev USA, Militaray Armament, all seem to fall under the umbrella SDS Imports, why was the China S12 and vepr version cut from inventory after only a year?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:05:43 AM EDT
[#7]
@TisasUSA
looks like that link went cold.  Can you repost a valid link?
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Just got my Panzer M4 and stock combo. Can't wait to get it apart and back together to shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:46:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By twistid1:

Just a general question since tisas USA , Tokarev USA, Militaray Armament, all seem to fall under the umbrella SDS Imports, why was the China S12 and vepr version cut from inventory after only a year?
View Quote

Likely to do with the economic prowess of the US dollar in Turkey vs China due to Turkey hyperinflation vs China.  Turkey has willingness and supply to offer at the right price point for decent profit - China not as much at the current time.

Once the US Petrodollar dies completely (the 1970s carryover that gave the US dollar demand even when weak as Saudi Arabia requires crude oil be purchased with US dollars)  your dollars won't buy as much anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Without reading all 45 pages what is the overall thoughts on the Charles Daly clone?
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Black Aces Tactical Pro S4 - black - $349.99 at PSA

Black Aces Tactical Pro S4 - black/FDE - $349.99 at PSA

I was kinda wanting the Panzer M4, but this deal was too good to pass up. Ordered the black/FDE.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Sarge1400:

I was kinda wanting the Panzer M4, but this deal was too good to pass up. Ordered the black/FDE.
View Quote

I bit on this deal as well and got the black one.  It's a nice shotgun but I immediately noticed that it's lighter than my TAC-12, and that the bolt cycles extremely smooth and with very little effort (with my pinky).  The TAC-12 bolt takes at least three times more force to cycle, so I'm assuming the recoil buffer spring must be lighter in the Black Aces (AKSA).  Shot both this past weekend and they cycled everything from cheap walmart stuff to buckshot.  The black aces does recoil a little harder than the TAC-12.  One note, when I got the AKSA I stripped it down and noticed that the argo system was full of a jelly like cosmoline substance.  I cleaned it off as well as I could.  Even so, after using the shotgun, I could tell that one of the pistons was not moving freely (after two boxes of ammo).  I disassembled and sure enough, the piston was not moving freely.  After another more aggressive cleaning of the entire ARGO system with carb cleaner and hoppes 9 everything moves nice and easy with just gravity.  I strongly recommend cleaning all that gunk out or it could cause issues down the road.  Other than that, great and inexpensive shotgun.  For the price, it can't be beat.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By dltrevino02:

I bit on this deal as well and got the black one.  It's a nice shotgun but I immediately noticed that it's lighter than my TAC-12, and that the bolt cycles extremely smooth and with very little effort (with my pinky).  The TAC-12 bolt takes at least three times more force to cycle, so I'm assuming the recoil buffer spring must be lighter in the Black Aces (AKSA).  Shot both this past weekend and they cycled everything from cheap walmart stuff to buckshot.  The black aces does recoil a little harder than the TAC-12.  One note, when I got the AKSA I stripped it down and noticed that the argo system was full of a jelly like cosmoline substance.  I cleaned it off as well as I could.  Even so, after using the shotgun, I could tell that one of the pistons was not moving freely (after two boxes of ammo).  I disassembled and sure enough, the piston was not moving freely.  After another more aggressive cleaning of the entire ARGO system with carb cleaner and hoppes 9 everything moves nice and easy with just gravity.  I strongly recommend cleaning all that gunk out or it could cause issues down the road.  Other than that, great and inexpensive shotgun.  For the price, it can't be beat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dltrevino02:
Originally Posted By Sarge1400:

Probably a good idea to detail strip and soak all the internals in carb cleaner on these imported guns, they slather cosmoline on everything before shipping.

I'm looking awful hard at one of the S4 models with wood furniture, only seen one other example of walnut on an M4, and it was a one-off custom. Sent a message to BAT asking if they'd be able to supply just the furniture at some point, seeing as it'd probably be pretty popular, but I doubt it.

Anyone else here have experience with the S4? Specifically looking for what bits are liable to break early, figure I'll order OEM Benelli replacements before anything breaks. Thinking o-rings, shell stop, some springs, probably a proper mag tube and spring.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By rb889:

Probably a good idea to detail strip and soak all the internals in carb cleaner on these imported guns, they slather cosmoline on everything before shipping.

I'm looking awful hard at one of the S4 models with wood furniture, only seen one other example of walnut on an M4, and it was a one-off custom. Sent a message to BAT asking if they'd be able to supply just the furniture at some point, seeing as it'd probably be pretty popular, but I doubt it.

Anyone else here have experience with the S4? Specifically looking for what bits are liable to break early, figure I'll order OEM Benelli replacements before anything breaks. Thinking o-rings, shell stop, some springs, probably a proper mag tube and spring.
View Quote

I've replaced nothing as far as action parts - The KZ magazine Extension with the original spring worked fine for extending the capacity.  I spray patined the extension a flat Rustoleum black to match the matte finish of the gun - it came kind of glossy.

As others have said - the action is  butter smooth and seems to function with light loads fine as well as others.  I'm under 500 rounds but no issues or wear that seems to be concerning.  I mentioned in the other thread about how Black Aces customer service did send me an additional walnut buttstock because of a crack in the one I had - they sent it ASAP - very swift.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 10:54:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:

Likely to do with the economic prowess of the US dollar in Turkey vs China due to Turkey hyperinflation vs China.  Turkey has willingness and supply to offer at the right price point for decent profit - China not as much at the current time.

Once the US Petrodollar dies completely (the 1970s carryover that gave the US dollar demand even when weak as Saudi Arabia requires crude oil be purchased with US dollars)  your dollars won't buy as much anywhere.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By twistid1:

I don't believe executive orders helped either. 13959 and 4032

Basically it targeted foreign made semi-conductors, but also went after company's subsidiaries.

Listed As:#780 China South Industries Group Corporation (CSGC)

The Jianshe factory/armory Is a division of the CSGC. Anyways the weird thing is JTS12 are also made there, yet don't seem discontinued. This is all just me speculating however.

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:36:30 AM EDT
[#16]

I've replaced nothing as far as action parts - The KZ magazine Extension with the original spring worked fine for extending the capacity.  I spray patined the extension a flat Rustoleum black to match the matte finish of the gun - it came kind of glossy.

As others have said - the action is  butter smooth and seems to function with light loads fine as well as others.  I'm under 500 rounds but no issues or wear that seems to be concerning.  I mentioned in the other thread about how Black Aces customer service did send me an additional walnut buttstock because of a crack in the one I had - they sent it ASAP - very swift.
View Quote

Gotcha.

I'm hoping they'll be willing to sell the furniture, I've always preferred wood stocks on shotguns. Much easier to cut down to a custom length than synthetic, too, lol.

I wound up finding an actual M4 for cheap while debating on getting the S4 and looking into accessories, so that solved my dilemma pretty quick.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 7:32:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Gotcha.

I'm hoping they'll be willing to sell the furniture, I've always preferred wood stocks on shotguns. Much easier to cut down to a custom length than synthetic, too, lol.

I wound up finding an actual M4 for cheap while debating on getting the S4 and looking into accessories, so that solved my dilemma pretty quick.
View Quote

I think some guys have bought the S4 just for the wood furniture - put synthetic on it and sold it in order to get a set of Benelli style walnut.  Probably the cheapest way to get a set - even though that isn't a cheap hassle.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#18]

I think some guys have bought the S4 just for the wood furniture - put synthetic on it and sold it in order to get a set of Benelli style walnut.  Probably the cheapest way to get a set - even though that isn't a cheap hassle.
View All Quotes

Gotcha.

I began debating it, but decided to hold off until I’ve got more cash to burn. Mag tube change is going to be expensive, and the stuff BAT gets is imported.

I looked up custom walnut furniture, that shit gets up into the thousands. Beautiful pieces, though.

BAT customer service told me they’ve gotten several requests for the walnut furniture to be sold separately, and have begun making plans to do so in the future. No idea how long that’ll be.

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 5:59:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#19]

I began debating it, but decided to hold off until I’ve got more cash to burn. Mag tube change is going to be expensive, and the stuff BAT gets is imported.

I looked up custom walnut furniture, that shit gets up into the thousands. Beautiful pieces, though.

BAT customer service told me they’ve gotten several requests for the walnut furniture to be sold separately, and have begun making plans to do so in the future. No idea how long that’ll be.

View All Quotes

Gotcha.

Well thanks guys, I just ordered one. Not sure about the wood but for $30 more it's a no brainer. After seeing how much a Benelli wood stock goes for alone I had to jump on it. The Polymer stock only costs like $40 (sans buffer tube) Ironically I don't think PSA would ship me the Pistol Grip version anyways.

I missed out on this in January due to the IL Fuckery. Since there is an injunction I am grabbing one now.

AKSA makes these for black aces and they were once imported by SDS Imports. They got favorable reviews.

Going to be honest what would the wood furniture even be priced at? Black Aces would be dumb not to sell it. I could see it going for $150-$200.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:

Well thanks guys, I just ordered one. Not sure about the wood but for $30 more it's a no brainer. After seeing how much a Benelli wood stock goes for alone I had to jump on it. The Polymer stock only costs like $40 (sans buffer tube) Ironically I don't think PSA would ship me the Pistol Grip version anyways.

I missed out on this in January due to the IL Fuckery. Since there is an injunction I am grabbing one now.

AKSA makes these for black aces and they were once imported by SDS Imports. They got favorable reviews.

Going to be honest what would the wood furniture even be priced at? Black Aces would be dumb not to sell it. I could see it going for $150-$200.
View Quote

$200 easy, if it’s in good condition with no obvious defects. A particularly pretty set would probably fetch $300. Only problem with them is that they’re imported, so the folks that worry about 922 might turn their noses up.

Benelli’s M2 walnut stocks are around $350, last I checked. Pretty, but goddamn they ain’t cheap. Fuck, a Mesa stock and FFT handguard are $220, lol. Benellis are expensive.

Quality walnut is $200-400 for “stock” stocks for common guns. Real custom jobs start somewhere around $600 or more from what I can tell, I couldn’t find anyone that offers them for the M4 online, so that’d be a long Lead time and expensive as shit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:46:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#21]

$200 easy, if it’s in good condition with no obvious defects. A particularly pretty set would probably fetch $300. Only problem with them is that they’re imported, so the folks that worry about 922 might turn their noses up.

Benelli’s M2 walnut stocks are around $350, last I checked. Pretty, but goddamn they ain’t cheap. Fuck, a Mesa stock and FFT handguard are $220, lol. Benellis are expensive.

Quality walnut is $200-400 for “stock” stocks for common guns. Real custom jobs start somewhere around $600 or more from what I can tell, I couldn’t find anyone that offers them for the M4 online, so that’d be a long Lead time and expensive as shit.
View All Quotes

Geez thats kinda nutty. So you can:
Buy the gun for the furniture and have spare Turkish Parts that can work in a pinch.
Sell the Gun, Keep the furniture.
Keep the gun, sell the furniture.

Not sure what I'm going to do just yet. Also yeah the prices on Benelli stuff is kind of insane. I can't believe a trigger/sear/hammer goes for $250+

AR/AK parts have spoiled me. But to be fair post Bruen we might be seeing 922r go bye bye eventually.  The 7 round tube, and follower are the cheapest parts. It's that third part that is rather annoying.

Random Thought:
Also can the ATF really tell if the wood is foreign?
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:41:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rb889] [#22]

Buy the gun for the furniture and have spare Turkish Parts that can work in a pinch.

Not sure what I'm going to do just yet. Also yeah the prices on Benelli stuff is kind of insane. I can't believe a trigger/sear/hammer goes for $250+

AR/AK parts have spoiled me. But to be fair post Bruen we might be seeing 922r go bye bye eventually.  The 7 round tube, and follower are the cheapest parts. It's that third part that is rather annoying.

Random Thought:
View Quote

From my understanding, it’s more along the lines of… They make the accusation, and you have to prove they’re wrong, dirty commie type of shit. No “Made in USA” stamped on the correct parts? No proof. I’ve never heard of an individual getting charged with 922 violation, let alone convicted, but it’s definitely something to avoid if you’re already involved in shit liable to bring the man into your life.

It’s also kinda unlikely for 922 to get the axe from Bruen since there were a lot of weird taxes/regs on imported stuff way back in the 1700’s. There’s probably some kind of obscure town-level shit that could be used as justification.

It’d be interesting to be able to fight 922 charges on the basis of it being intended for manufacturers/importers, and not end-users, ‘cuz frankly the gayTF has no business telling someone they have to use a possibly inferior domestic component rather than a factory one. That’s some semantic shit for the importers to deal with, not end users.

Now that’s not to say an enterprising individual with a soldering iron couldn’t put such marks on those stocks and clean them up to look like a factory rollmark, but it’d be wrong of me to advise doing so. Moreso to even considering acquiring such wood furniture with the intent of marking them up as US made in order to sell them for an arm, a leg, and a testicle.

ETA: Third part has few good choices. Forend, stock,  hammer, trigger, disconnector, pistons… shit, a pair of pistons would be halfway.

Reading the list of 922 parts, you’d think a choke, charging handle, and follower would be sufficient, but the gayTF likes playing fuck-fuck games and doesn’t list chokes/charging handles as “compliance parts.” Probably win in court after several thousand in legal fees.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#23]

From my understanding, it’s more along the lines of… They make the accusation, and you have to prove they’re wrong, dirty commie type of shit. No “Made in USA” stamped on the correct parts? No proof. I’ve never heard of an individual getting charged with 922 violation, let alone convicted, but it’s definitely something to avoid if you’re already involved in shit liable to bring the man into your life.

It’s also kinda unlikely for 922 to get the axe from Bruen since there were a lot of weird taxes/regs on imported stuff way back in the 1700’s. There’s probably some kind of obscure town-level shit that could be used as justification.

It’d be interesting to be able to fight 922 charges on the basis of it being intended for manufacturers/importers, and not end-users, ‘cuz frankly the gayTF has no business telling someone they have to use a possibly inferior domestic component rather than a factory one. That’s some semantic shit for the importers to deal with, not end users.

Now that’s not to say an enterprising individual with a soldering iron couldn’t put such marks on those stocks and clean them up to look like a factory rollmark, but it’d be wrong of me to advise doing so. Moreso to even considering acquiring such wood furniture with the intent of marking them up as US made in order to sell them for an arm, a leg, and a testicle.

ETA: Third part has few good choices. Forend, stock,  hammer, trigger, disconnector, pistons… shit, a pair of pistons would be halfway.

Reading the list of 922 parts, you’d think a choke, charging handle, and follower would be sufficient, but the gayTF likes playing fuck-fuck games and doesn’t list chokes/charging handles as “compliance parts.” Probably win in court after several thousand in legal fees.
View All Quotes

Random Thought:

I think 922r would only be thrown at you with a bunch of other charges if it came down to it. Throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. Honestly if the ATF isn't even charging thugs with federal charges for Glock switches. Doubt they will come after the average guy for a forend.

Sorry I didn't mean to side track the thread though.

So it looks like PSA wasn't a wet blanket and shipped this out. So kudos to them.

I think the first thing Im going to do is hit that black aces logo with alumini-black to subdue it a bit.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 2:35:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#24]
Has anyone installed the Panzer collapsing stock/buffer tube on the SDS/BA S4? I hear the Mesa fits fine
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#25]

I think 922r would only be thrown at you with a bunch of other charges if it came down to it. Throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. Honestly if the ATF isn't even charging thugs with federal charges for Glock switches. Doubt they will come after the average guy for a forend.

Sorry I didn't mean to side track the thread though.

So it looks like PSA wasn't a wet blanket and shipped this out. So kudos to them.

I think the first thing Im going to do is hit that black aces logo with alumini-black to subdue it a bit.
View Quote

NFA doesn’t apply to felons. Can’t register something you can’t have, 5th violation, lol.

Plus there’s probably some fuckery going on with the glock switches, seeing as the company importing them hasn’t been raided.

Back to the M4 and copies, I’m shocked there isn’t someone here in the states taking the primary components of the turkish models and fitting them with Benelli small parts, a few 922r bits, and running tight QC. Easy way to sell proper M1014 clones for ~$1000, with a much better reputation than the complete turknellis.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I have one of the SDS S4s and it has run like a top after installing a benelli extractor. Since that my real M4 has had more hiccups than the S4.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By splogan:
I have one of the SDS S4s and it has run like a top after installing a benelli extractor. Since that my real M4 has had more hiccups than the S4.
View Quote

Is it worth the $50 some sellers want? Or should I just wait for midwest to restock?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Is it worth the $50 some sellers want? Or should I just wait for midwest to restock?
View Quote

I found it on Ebay. I dont see one now but they come and go. It did solve my FTEs though
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

From Midway

Extractor
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#30]

From Midway

Extractor
View All Quotes

From Midway

Extractor

Has anyone validated that this is compatible with the Panzer M4?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#31]

From Midway

Extractor
View All Quotes

From Midway

Extractor

Interesting. The M4 uses the same Extractor as the M2/M3?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#32]
No.  That extractor is for the M1/M2.

70037 Benelli M4 Extractor
70036 Benelli M4 Extractor Pin
70038 Benelli Extractor Spring
70057 Benelli Cartridge Latch Spring

I purchased those parts from Midwest Gun Works in November 2021 for my Panzer M4.  At that time, the total cost, including tax and shipping, was $45.86.  My Panzer now runs 100% with ALL shells that I've tried including 1125 fps cheap birdshot and hot buckshot.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BorderDave:

I purchased those parts from Midwest Gun Works in November 2021 for my Panzer M4.  At that time, the total cost, including tax and shipping, was $45.86.  My Panzer now runs 100% with ALL shells that I've tried including 1125 fps cheap birdshot and hot buckshot.
View Quote

Interesting, Freedom Fighter lists them as interchangeable.  

Extractor
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:44:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#34]

View Quote

Thanks, looks like Numrich has them in stock.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1153590

Ordered some extra parts/springs.

Odd though their part numbers don't match up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, after about 800 rounds, My Aksa S4 is dead. The brazed on handguard retainer broke.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:04:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Slimjim:
Well, after about 800 rounds, My Aksa S4 is dead. The brazed on handguard retainer broke.
View Quote

Anyway to just braze it back on?
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#37]
It actually appears to be Silver soldered, not brazed as i look at it, it has a silver color to the material under it, gonna contact SDS And see what they can do. I guess the Aluminum handguard doesnt help since it doesnt flex under load.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Oof that sucks to hear, I’ve been following this thread for a long time now and still haven’t got one due to random fails. I hope you can get it going!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:02:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slimjim] [#39]
Originally Posted By Fordtough25:

Oof that sucks to hear, I’ve been following this thread for a long time now and still haven’t got one due to random fails. I hope you can get it going!!!
View Quote

Actually not the first shotgun i have seen fail in this way, I believe the other one i saw fail was a Remington 870.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Actually not the first shotgun i have seen fail in this way, I believe the other one i saw fail was a Remington 870.
View Quote

I have a Norinco 870 copy that broke.  Pretty easy fix, clean it up and silver solder it back on.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By AFCarbon15:

I have a Norinco 870 copy that broke.  Pretty easy fix, clean it up and silver solder it back on.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AFCarbon15:

Those things are tanks, nice to know you can just re solder it. Was it a part that wasn't easily replaced? I heard the welds/solder on the forend tube can break sometimes. In regards to Norinco 982/Pardner Pumps
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:57:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#42]
Edit
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Well dude I hate my luck

Attachment Attached File

I'm glad I ordered polymer furniture in advance.

We'll see how good black ace's CS is. I wonder if the trigger guard area was too tight on the stock?

Also I did not want to send it back. IL freedom week is over. I wouldn't have any guarantee PSA would send me another
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Well dude I hate my luck

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/IMG_20230509_172134861_2_jpg-2811338.JPG

We'll see how good black ace's CS is. I wonder if the trigger guard area was too tight on the stock?

Also I did not want to send it back. IL freedom week is over. I wouldn't have any guarantee PSA would send me another
View Quote

Mine had a crack form in similar location - Sent Black Aces customer service an email pic and info - they sent me a new stock had it within days.

It can be repaired - keep it as a spare after you get a replacement.

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:32:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#45]

Mine had a crack form in similar location - Sent Black Aces customer service an email pic and info - they sent me a new stock had it within days.

View All Quotes
Well dude I hate my luck

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/IMG_20230509_172134861_2_jpg-2811338.JPG

Thanks that is a relief.

I noticed there wasn't a spacer plate. Did yours happen after firing it? Just curious if it's going to happen sooner or later.

870's usually have one to stop wood stocks from splitting.
Attachment Attached File

BTW the Mesa Urbino did not work on this gun. The recoil tube seems too long.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Thanks that is a relief.

I noticed there wasn't a spacer plate. Did yours happen after firing it? Just curious if it's going to happen sooner or later.

870's usually have one to stop wood stocks from splitting.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/s-l1600_jpg-2811534.JPG

BTW the Mesa Urbino did not work on this gun. The recoil tube seems too long.
View Quote

Damn, that’s some shitty luck. Two reports of the wood stock cracking don’t really inspire confidence, either.

If you have no use for the Urbino, I’ll take it off your hands.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:06:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BorderDave] [#47]
I just installed the Carrier Comp titanium 7 shell tube on my Panzer M4.  Unfortunately, it can only hold six Federal Premium 00 buckshot shells.  I’m still trying to decide on a red dot for it.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 7:40:18 AM EDT
[#48]
I read most of this thread and didn't see anything on this so I'll post. I picked up a Panzer Arms M4. I was stripping it down to clean it and got to the bolt assembly. When I went to remove the firing pin retaining pin, it wouldn't budge. I eventually tried using pliers to pull it out and the retaining pin head sheared off. The entire assembly is at the gunsmith's now. Has anyone else had this problem?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:52:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rb889] [#49]
I just installed the Carrier Comp titanium 7 shell tube on my Panzer M4.  Unfortunately, it can only hold six Federal Premium 00 buckshot shells.  I’m still trying to decide on a red dot for it.

https://i3.lensdump.com/i/kZka8F.jpeg

https://i1.lensdump.com/i/kZkbUT.jpeg
View Quote

Beautiful, placed an order for a CC tube myself.

How’s that stuff pattern out of the Panzer?

ETA: Don’t the Panzers come with modified chokes, too? I thought I read somewhere that flite control doesn’t like chokes tighter than improved cylinder.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#50]
SDS wont sell me a new barrel assembly off a current production m4 clone and mine is out of warranty. So i guess i’ll have to get it fixed somewhere, too bad i had always talked about how good these clones were for the money. Apparently their new shotguns are covered by a lifetime warranty.
Page / 56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top