Site Notices
CZ Bren 2 (Page 49 of 103)
Page / 103
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FDEinAZ:
Got my kit today.

Guess I'll have a Dan Haga ACR adapter and ACR stock for sale, along with a new HBI disconnector since that's what came in the kit and I already had one installed.

https://i.postimg.cc/QtXF8zPg/005-edit.png

View Quote

@FDEinAZ your inbox is full guess I'm wanting sloppy seconds lol
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By PreachermanMATT:

@FDEinAZ your inbox is full guess I'm wanting sloppy seconds lol
View Quote

@PreachermanMATT ha actually it was other stuff I didn’t realize it was full, just shot you a PM.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Bren 2 Carbines are going for ridiculous prices on Gunbroker now.  $2,400-2,500.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:29:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eli2325] [#4]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
Bren 2 Carbines are going for ridiculous prices on Gunbroker now.  $2,400-2,500.
View Quote

It’s not that ridiculous, just supply and demand.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

First election year for you?
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 3:29:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Johnson184] [#6]
Originally Posted By TURRICAN:

Planning on using a Surefire Warcomp. 2.6” long
View Quote

Woah really?! I’ve never actually checked to see how much length a warcomp adds. You can pin a warcomp onto a 14” barrel to get past 16”?! Shit... I may need to track down a 14” Bren2...

Damn... decisions decisions. I thought I was set on a 16.5” carbine. But I do think the handguard is a bit ugly lol. But the 14” could also do with a longer handguard... ahhh
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Johnson184:

Woah really?! I’ve never actually checked to see how much length a warcomp adds. You can pin a warcomp onto a 14” barrel to get past 16”?! Shit... I may need to track down a 14” Bren2...

Damn... decisions decisions. I thought I was set on a 16.5” carbine. But I do think the handguard is a bit ugly lol. But the 14” could also do with a longer handguard... ahhh
View Quote

My thoughts exactly. I did the same thing with the Scorpion. I like both pistols better then the carbines. I love the warcomp also, and that will be my route for sure.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Cz Usa facebook moderator finally responded to my question about Bren 2s being sold. Here is what he said "We sell a number of firearms each year that are not standard production items, from unique color variations and distributor exclusives to previously discontinued and/or limited production guns. Thanks!" So I guess its legit. Never knew there were 20 round mags for x39 models. I hope sell a 9" S model soon.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Woah really?! I've never actually checked to see how much length a warcomp adds. You can pin a warcomp onto a 14" barrel to get past 16"?! Shit... I may need to track down a 14" Bren2...

Damn... decisions decisions. I thought I was set on a 16.5" carbine. But I do think the handguard is a bit ugly lol. But the 14" could also do with a longer handguard... ahhh
View Quote

The Deadair Flash Hider should also add enough length because it's 2.7"
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 29212:
Cz Usa facebook moderator finally responded to my question about Bren 2s being sold. Here is what he said "We sell a number of firearms each year that are not standard production items, from unique color variations and distributor exclusives to previously discontinued and/or limited production guns. Thanks!" So I guess its legit. Never knew there were 20 round mags for x39 models. I hope sell a 9" S model soon.
View Quote

When the original batch of S models came in I remember seeing some of them say they come w 20 round mags but they didn't they came w the 30s idk why it says that
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

HBI Handguard  gets it a little longer and looks a lot better than the carbine I think
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 1:06:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#12]
Originally Posted By 29212:
View Quote

Nope, I never knew there were 20 rounders available either. CZ-USA occasionally DOES sell some interesting oddballs every now and then, keeps collectors going nuts. I am very happy with my 11 inch 7.62x39mm BREN 2 MS.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 5:50:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Do we know what configuration the Czechs are going with for their military? And I assume the military probably got lighter profile barrels, right?
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 9:20:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Do we know what configuration the Czechs are going with for their military? And I assume the military probably got lighter profile barrels, right?
View Quote

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think they are using the 14" barreled variants?
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think they are using the 14" barreled variants?
View Quote

Czech military uses 8” 11” 14” 5.56 S models and .308 Br. Hungarian and French use the 9” 11” and 14” x39 S Models.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone order 1 of the S models from gun broker and received it? I have emailed all of the vendors selling on gun broker and asked them to take a picture of 1 they have and none of them actually have one and say they are at their warehouse.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone know if HBI, or anyone makes a decent handguard for the 14" pistol that is more than 8 inches long?

I have an 8", but am trying to decide on wether to buy a 14" pistol or 16" carbine. I would prefer a 14" pistol but the handguard is awful and I want one at least 12" long.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
Does anyone know if HBI, or anyone makes a decent handguard for the 14" pistol that is more than 8 inches long?

I have an 8", but am trying to decide on wether to buy a 14" pistol or 16" carbine. I would prefer a 14" pistol but the handguard is awful and I want one at least 12" long.

Thoughts?
View Quote

Nothing yet that ik of. First company who does gets my money no matter how much it is tho. I have a 14" x39

On another note anyone know if there are alternate mags that work? Will modified ak mags work? X39 ar15 mags?
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#19]
is the gas system on the 8, 11, and 14 all the same?
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Depends how you define "gas system". If the question is if 8,11and 14 pistols have the same length of system, then the answer is yes. If we start getting more detailed however the answer is more or less no. I've gone over many of the differences in a few post throughout the thread if you dig for them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By BisonWorld:

Depends how you define "gas system". If the question is if 8,11and 14 pistols have the same length of system, then the answer is yes. If we start getting more detailed however the answer is more or less no. I've gone over many of the differences in a few post throughout the thread if you dig for them.
View Quote

I guess I'm wondering if a barrel swap is indeed just a barrel
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 9:49:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BisonWorld] [#23]

I guess I'm wondering if a barrel swap is indeed just a barrel
View Quote

Realistically you need the entire barrel assembly. (Barrel, gas tube/regulator, piston head, may as well throw in the op rod and piston return spring for simplicity's sake.)
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By BisonWorld:

Realistically you need the entire barrel assembly. (Barrel, gas tube/regulator, piston head, may as well throw in the op rod and piston return spring for simplicity's sake.)
View Quote

hopefully they will bring them in.

I love my 8 but would like the option of going to 14.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mrozowjj:

The Deadair Flash Hider should also add enough length because it's 2.7"
View Quote

Does anyone have any experience with pinning the dead air flash hider to get the Bren to 16 inches? Do you have to add shims?
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 11:32:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Hodgi_:

Nothing yet that ik of. First company who does gets my money no matter how much it is tho. I have a 14" x39

On another note anyone know if there are alternate mags that work? Will modified ak mags work? X39 ar15 mags?
View Quote

HBI makes a magwell adapter (its the standard CZ 5.56 magwell adapter) that fits into the lower receiver.  This allows you to use 7.62X39 AR15 mags.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 2:51:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By xxbrotherhood77:

Does anyone have any experience with pinning the dead air flash hider to get the Bren to 16 inches? Do you have to add shims?
View Quote

No idea if you need shims but I emailed Dear Air and they confirmed that it should meet the 16" length with it. All the 14"s seem to have sold out the second i decided i wanted to do this so i'm going to have to wait to find out.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:
Anyone order 1 of the S models from gun broker and received it? I have emailed all of the vendors selling on gun broker and asked them to take a picture of 1 they have and none of them actually have one and say they are at their warehouse.
View Quote

They use a drop seller, it's an affiliate dealer that sells through them, so those brens 2s come direct from whatever dealer it may be, those 2s seem legit tho
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#29]
That drop shipping stuff sucks. I bought a 14” pistol and 8 days later it still hasn’t shipped. Vendor said it ships from their “Texas warehouse”. Funny the add didn’t mention it and they didn’t tell me until 8 days after taking my money. Oh well it will get here eventually I guess. I’m sitting here with a stock and a box of 922r parts ready to go! 😡
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Any select fire options for the Bren 2?
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Are the Bren 2s side and bottom rails compatible with the Ms?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Col__Kurtz:
Are the Bren 2s side and bottom rails compatible with the Ms?

Thanks!
View Quote

Nope, different sizes
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Nathan_James:
Any select fire options for the Bren 2?
View Quote

Are you a manufacturer or can you purchase on LEO Department Letterhead?

Otherwise, there are no post sample machine guns available to you, the average joe.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 12:31:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

Are you a manufacturer or can you purchase on LEO Department Letterhead?

Otherwise, there are no post sample machine guns available to you, the average joe.
View Quote

If the “average Joe” lives in the US under US laws then I guess I’m not your average joe.

So yes there are options available?
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 2:19:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magsz18] [#35]

If the “average Joe” lives in the US under US laws then I guess I’m not your average joe.

View Quote

Was I not clear with what I just said?

Are you a manufacturer or can you purchase on department letterhead?

If not, you're the average Joe and the answer is NO.  No select fire for you because the overlords have deemed you unworthy.

If you are one of two of the above, you probably already knew that which is why your question here is odd.  CZ has a mil/leo wing that can field answers to your questions.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Are the hbi trigger and disconnector great upgrades or only ok? I don’t hate the current trigger but it’s like a lighter, crisp AUG Almost.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#37]
The HBI upgrades make a hell of a trigger!
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By G3k:
Are the hbi trigger and disconnector great upgrades or only ok? I don’t hate the current trigger but it’s like a lighter, crisp AUG Almost.
View Quote

Given its price, its not a bad addition.  I would actually prefer the factory trigger if it didnt have so much damned over travel.  I feel like half its overall travel is after the break lol.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

post count checks out
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I haven’t got mine yet but it should come in this week.  Before I bought mine I called the seller and double confirmed that the description was correct.  At the time of purchase they said it would be drop shipped to my FFL in a couple of weeks.  I have since asked the seller’s warehouse guy check and he says the description is still 2S.

I told them I am not interested in a 2MS, so we’re both hoping the description is accurate.  I’ll let you know as soon as it gets here.  If true, I’d like to get a second one to convert to 5.56.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 12:55:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By PreachermanMATT:

post count checks out
View Quote

That’s exactly the same thing I thought. Nice first post.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 2:57:09 AM EDT
[#42]
AR15.com. Once again proving to be an annoying place to get answers.

Thanks for your knowledge.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 4:25:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TURRICAN] [#43]

View Quote

...says the guy who made his first post yesterday. I’ve always found people to be very helpful here.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 4:50:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

Was I not clear with what I just said?

Are you a manufacturer or can you purchase on department letterhead?

If not, you're the average Joe and the answer is NO.  No select fire for you because the overlords have deemed you unworthy.

If you are one of two of the above, you probably already knew that which is why your question here is odd.  CZ has a mil/leo wing that can field answers to your questions.
View Quote

You were very clear. Thank you. I guess I thought I was also clear. I don’t have overlords. I don’t live in the United States. Where I live the laws that you are subject to don’t apply to me.

What I want to know is, can the US version of the Bren 2 Ms be converted to select fire with just a trigger pack replacement (which I would be purchasing legally for legal use) or does it require additional modification, or is it not possible.

I understand that for legal reasons some of you might be afraid to answer such a question in a public forum like this. For those who do want to answer such questions you may feel inclined to create a second anonymous account as well so that you don’t disturb your glorious, high and mighty post count.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 5:03:18 AM EDT
[#45]

You were very clear. Thank you. I guess I thought I was also clear. I don’t have overlords. I don’t live in the United States. Where I live the laws that you are subject to don’t apply to me.

What I want to know is, can the US version of the Bren 2 Ms be converted to select fire with just a trigger pack replacement (which I would be purchasing legally for legal use) or does it require additional modification, or is it not possible.

I understand that for legal reasons some of you might be afraid to answer such a question in a public forum like this. For those who do want to answer such questions you may feel inclined to create a second anonymous account as well so that you don’t disturb your glorious, high and mighty post count.
View Quote

So, Colorado isn't part of the United States?
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 5:45:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By lcambre:

So, Colorado isn't part of the United States?
View Quote

Hey Icambre, thanks for your inquiry.

I am from Colorado but it’s not where I live.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Well why don't you stop being so cryptic and tells us where you do live? I would like to know where civilians can legally buy full auto weapons with no restrictions?

Also, why would you want the US version? I think most here would prefer the European version if it was available to us.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#48]

Thanks for your knowledge.
View Quote

I mean, you instantly went to asking about full auto, and giving weird, vague answers when asked questions about if you had the actual credentials required to obtain full auto firearms.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:17:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ShadowAngel] [#49]

View Quote

What country do you live in where you can obtain a USA Bren 2, but also can legally convert said firearm to select fire? I want to move there. The US is turning into a shithole.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#50]
I went and sand and mud tested my 8" Bren 2 5.56 and my Daniel Defense Mk18. Bren 2 did great with the sand but the mud Killed it after 1 round fired. MK18 worked great with both sand and mud. To be fair to the Bren, I had just fired 30 rounds of wolf prior to doing the test. Probably didnt help it much. I will try again in a couple weeks. I had really hoped it did better with the mud. Never would have thought an Ar15 would have done better. Lesson learned here: Keep your weapons out of mud.
Page / 103
CZ Bren 2 (Page 49 of 103)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top