Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cYzCmmDcAJHHF9nM9

Here's a PTR 9CT with a couple of our parts. The trigger group makes the MP5 much faster in semi auto. The new grip angle and placement really helps the balance of the gun. The grip is .62" forward and .42" higher than the original. This moves a good bit of weight rearward, extends your length of pull, and lowers the bore axis over your firing hand. You can also drop mags with your index finger, without taking your hand off the grip, like AR.
View Quote

Photo isn't showing up. What trigger group?
View Quote

@Clint50

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/4/2022 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 12:39:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Bump so this doesn't get lost.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 1:24:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Photo isn't showing up. What trigger group?
View Quote

Looks like TFB did a article on it since he posted that, looks interesting but expensive

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2022/05/13/lee-sporting-sporting-trigger-group/
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 6:48:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Mine is very similar to this. I have a TLR-1 on an M-LOK hand guard. Pressure pad is on the left. Works great!
View Quote

Same, but no pressure pad.  My left (non-firing) hand is already where it needs to be for my left index finger to activate the light when I need it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Heres what I have abd I wouldn't change a thing:

Magpul SL handguard
Surefire tape switch (routed through handguard)
Magpul switch holder
Reptilia Torch body
Surefire Vampire head
Surefire tailcap

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 5:21:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 5:51:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Where did you get that rubber band?
View Quote

Cut a slice of a bicycle inner tube. A bike shop would likely give you one for free, which equates to a lifetime supply.

...ranger bandz.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Not uber-tactical, but I used a small section of MagPul MOE picatinny rail and drilled some holes to mount it on my wide handguard.  Remove handguard and apply tape where you want to mount the raiil.  Turn handguard upside down on a flat surface and put the rail against the side and mark the hole location and drill.  Works great, light switch is manipulated with the left hand index finger.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#12]

PTR, MI fore end, modlite in an Ariska mount, unity hot button, don't even remember the brand hook adapter, magpul grip and selector, octane with tri-lug adapter, mini cog in Larue mount.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Another data point on optics:
Holosun AEMS on top of the MI Picatinny rail allows use of the iron sights as a backup. Yeah, it's way up there, but works nicely with NV.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 7:01:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@Andrewc_c

What height is that Scalarworks mount that you have on there?

View Quote

I’m pretty positive it’s a 1.57.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@xciapup  which can and 3lug mount is this?
View Quote

Dead air.  3 lug.  Wolf man.  As I recall.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Surefire Scout on a Magpul offset mount and handguard

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:10:19 AM EDT
[#18]
I realized that like with most guns, the light at 12 or 6 o’clock makes the gun more compact and just feels better.

The PTR rail and Magpul aluminum MLOK cantilever rail leave enough room for the supporting hand and a suppressor.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Being a purist, I can’t bring myself to put a rail on an MP5. I have a Surefire, a B&T and Steiner LDITL for lighted handguards. The Steiner is obviously the most versatile as far as allowing any suppressor to be mounted.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Surefire Scout on a Magpul offset mount and handguard
View Quote

@TheStig FYI, the pressure pad cord can be routed through the hand guard nicely... https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/07/15/tfb-review-magpul-mp5-sl-handguards/
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

@TheStig FYI, the pressure pad cord can be routed through the hand guard nicely... https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/07/15/tfb-review-magpul-mp5-sl-handguards/
View Quote

@CJofFL - I had actually already done this since posting that picture but never updated the post but thank you for the tag anyway! I opted not to route it through initially because I was waiting for my ModLite to come in. All nicely routed now and swapped out to a collapsing stock and SEF trigger housing.

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Being a purist, I can’t bring myself to put a rail on an MP5. I have a Surefire, a B&T and Steiner LDITL for lighted handguards. The Steiner is obviously the most versatile as far as allowing any suppressor to be mounted.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59839/0CB9AD62-3305-492E-8582-0FF989A064A2_jpe-2482677.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59839/FC55612B-B47C-483C-AA36-AC93A8F7886C_png-2482678.JPG
View Quote

I remember seeing this setup of yours before and loving it, it flows well
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I remember seeing this setup of yours before and loving it, it flows well
View Quote

Thanks. It’s an old pic. I put the TP9 suppressor on just to show the Steiner can accommodate it. The B&T looks a little oversized but it actually suppresses great. I really prefer the look of the classic look of the non-F A3 but the feel and comfort of the F…lol..so my solution was to have one of each.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#25]

is this hard to activate at all?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
After 30ish years, the Surefire handguard is still the best design
View Quote

I have short fingers, I so wish the switch was on the left side...
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I broke down and bought a B&T TL-99 light for my SP5 SBR. I was going to go the route of an Arisaka offset mount, Scout or other light, modlight, etc. on a MI Mlok rail, but felt the ergonomics were awkward to me on such a short platform so now I have a MI rail and some railscales if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Being a purist, I can't bring myself to put a rail on an MP5. I have a Surefire, a B&T and Steiner LDITL for lighted handguards. The Steiner is obviously the most versatile as far as allowing any suppressor to be mounted.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59839/0CB9AD62-3305-492E-8582-0FF989A064A2_jpe-2482677.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59839/FC55612B-B47C-483C-AA36-AC93A8F7886C_png-2482678.JPG
View Quote
Nice.  I still have one of those NIB from when Steiner USA blew out their remaining inventory on eBay.  It's a well thought out light and better than the SF in a lot of ways IMHO.

I just can't bring myself to use it after seeing the prices they go for now.    Wish I had ordered 2 or 3 of them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#29]
I setup my great value™ mp5k-pdw with light/controls similar to my AR's

Midwest MP5K handguard, Arisaka 300 w/ Malkoff E1HT on an Arisaka mlok offset mount, activated by a modbutton lite mounted on a trajectory arms nas-k on the sight post

Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Playing around with some parts to see what works as we're getting into night shoot season.

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#31]
How are people zeroing red dots with 147 grain ammo?
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How are people zeroing red dots with 147 grain ammo?
View Quote
I load my 147gr. 9mm to about 900fps.

Out of my setup, I zero at 50yds.  It's relatively flat trajectory out to about 75 yds with that zero, and then drops hard after that
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 12:26:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I setup my great value™ mp5k-pdw with light/controls similar to my AR's

Midwest MP5K handguard, Arisaka 300 w/ Malkoff E1HT on an Arisaka mlok offset mount, activated by a modbutton lite mounted on a trajectory arms nas-k on the sight post

https://distortion.io/i/IMG_6226.jpg
https://distortion.io/i/IMG_6227.jpg
https://distortion.io/i/IMG_6221.jpg
View Quote

@stiglitz_actual

No issues with having the spent cases hitting the switch cable?

I've been trying to sort out whether I use a Unity hot button or the modlite button.

Whipped up a quick cantilever extension for the light on the offset 45 mount (Modlite PLHv2-18350) and 3d printing it.

I like the NAS-K mount from Trajectory Arms, but they're out of stock.

Might try and design and print something similar. I tried to mount the Unity hot button on the 45 adjacent to the A3 Tactical foregrip, but it is just too wide on the flat and takes away some of the usable width on the 45's on the MI MP5K rail.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:22:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@stiglitz_actual

No issues with having the spent cases hitting the switch cable?

I've been trying to sort out whether I use a Unity hot button or the modlite button.
Whipped up a quick cantilever extension for the light on the offset 45 mount (Modlite PLHv2-18350) and 3d printing it.

I like the NAS-K mount from Trajectory Arms, but they're out of stock.
Might try and design and print something similar. I tried to mount the Unity hot button on the 45 adjacent to the A3 Tactical foregrip, but it is just too wide on the flat and takes away some of the usable width on the 45's on the MI MP5K rail.
View Quote

No ejection issues, I'm around 1500rds of binary, mixed 124/147gr suppressed/open through my ap5p. The cable/connector are dirty but no damage
The Modlite PLHv2-18350 is slightly longer/larger than this Arisaka 300 setup so it'd be close

Can use the arisaka flat scout mount on the 2-oclock rail slot as well but it moves the light back and the endcap/cable will need to be specially routed to avoid the ejection port
A cantilevered mount on the 2-oclock rail slot does put the light in a nice spot

As far as switching, I went with the modbutton-lite/nas-k since there's minimal rail space on the -k size rail and also I run a similar modbutton setup on my rifles

If you want switched lighting w/ a hotbutton I saw an oddly functional -k setup over on the mp5 reddit
https://redd.it/vkapbt
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This (minus not being able to use a 3 lug suppressor)
View Quote

Actually that is not entirely true. I use an original Gemtech MP5 designed can and a Surefire Handguard. Changed the incandescent head to a short Malkoff head.
It fits, small touch area - but it fits.
Most modern cans don’t have the step down area so they never would work with this setup.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No ejection issues, I'm around 1500rds of binary, mixed 124/147gr suppressed/open through my ap5p. The cable/connector are dirty but no damage
The Modlite PLHv2-18350 is slightly longer/larger than this Arisaka 300 setup so it'd be close

Can use the arisaka flat scout mount on the 2-oclock rail slot as well but it moves the light back and the endcap/cable will need to be specially routed to avoid the ejection port
A cantilevered mount on the 2-oclock rail slot does put the light in a nice spot

As far as switching, I went with the modbutton-lite/nas-k since there's minimal rail space on the -k size rail and also I run a similar modbutton setup on my rifles

If you want switched lighting w/ a hotbutton I saw an oddly functional -k setup over on the mp5 reddit
https://redd.it/vkapbt
https://i.redd.it/6ffwyl0fur791.jpg
View Quote

I found a stl file of the Arisaka Inline Mount on thingiverse, and did a test print in PETG, and the light body holes are slightly too far apart so you have to start both screws and then tighten, but it causes the mount to bow a bit. It also puts the light head forward of the muzzle.

I remixed it to make it about 10mm shorter, and changed the light body mount holes to flat instead of tapered. Printing a temp tower as I changed to a different brand of PETG, but I will print it and some mlok spacers so I can see about getting my unity hot button mounted.

Model in Prusa Slicer

Sliced with support on build plate
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I used arisakas mlok inline mount for my K and it works great.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:20:13 PM EDT
[#39]
CaptShiess, what is the vertical grip/hand stop on your k? I'm looking for something similar for my p, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:51:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
CaptShiess, what is the vertical grip/hand stop on your k? I'm looking for something similar for my p, thanks.
View Quote

It looks like the A3 Tactical one.

A3 Tactical Modular Foregrip (Compact)
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 12:11:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct, I’ve got the Hk size grip 2.75”.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm assuming the m-lock aluminum mounting base?
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm assuming the m-lock aluminum mounting base?
View Quote

Yes, there's 2 different ones, the compact is for the K. It is about 25mm wide, and the bottom rail width of the MI rail is only 17, so unless you mod something (foregrip would be best), you lose the use of the adjacent 45 degree rails. I have the 2" stubs on my K and 7" AR9, and ordered the 2.75" ones because the 2" is too small for my big hands.

It's a relatively inexpensive and solid product.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#44]
I ended up ordering a light from Arisaka Defense with the Malkoff head, and the offset mount because it gives me a bit more room to get the tailcap switch away from the ejection port. Switching from the DS00 tailcap to the UE tailcap helps though.

I got my Unity Hot Button to work with the A3 Tactical foregrip by remixing a 5mm MLOK spacer to bridge the 2 32x8 openings on the 45 degree interface under the light mount, and it positions the button perfect for my thumb to activate.

Printed it and everything fits, just need to match the screws but 5mm longer. Printed in Prusament PETG at .15mm layer height 100% infill and 3 perimeters.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top