Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/3/2024 8:13:22 PM EDT
I am getting old and so are my first 2 suppressors. AAC 762 SDN6 51T was my first and of course it is out of production and there isn’t much you can do for it that doesn’t involve a torch. It won’t be long until the ratchet will need replacing. Can you buy a ratchet from anywhere? ECCO machine at one time offered a HUB conversion but I don’t think it is offered any longer.

Suppressor 2&3 were both SilencerCo sparrow so that’s no worry. Direct thread.

Suppressor #4 is a SilencerCo Saker 762. Just this week it was removed from their site so I thought must be OOS. To my surprise I see on Capitol Armory that it is discontinued. Totally by accident I was looking at a 51T muzzle brake and saw “Saker (discontinued).” I was about to order the Saker 556k but then I may end up with 2 that need a new mount.

Fortunately Griffin offers a Charlie dual lok for the Saker so my question is, how does the community feel about the dual lok? Switching means half a dozen 51T muzzle devices in the parts bin and at least 3 dual new dual lok devices on 2 6.8spc and trg 22 and the chance to relive this problem down the road. About $500 all in.

There is some good news. To combat this legacy problem I have 2 Griffin gate-lok suppressors on the way that work great with my dozen or so A1 & A2 muzzle devices that have been gathering dust for 10 years. $7 each and you can find them everywhere. Fitting them using their gate-lok blast shield with no rotational play and they lock up tight.

Link Posted: 7/3/2024 8:36:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#1]
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Sample size of 1, but I really like my Dual-Lok can and flash hider. If I ever felt like standardizing on something new, Dual-Lok would probably be it.

...but I most likely won't ever do that, because I've already pretty much standardized on A2s and various Gate-Lok mounts. (Sample size of 6, eventually 7 when the tan A2S-QD is released.)
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JamPo:
I am getting old and so are my first 2 suppressors. AAC 762 SDN6 51T was my first and of course it is out of production and there isn’t much you can do for it that doesn’t involve a torch. It won’t be long until the ratchet will need replacing.

View Quote

AAC has a conversion program that will turn your 762SDN6 into a Ranger 7 or Ranger Mini 7. A big benefit is that it will be Hub compatible, so you're not tied to the 51T system.

There are a few members who have had it done (including me) and were happy with the results. I don't know if I would do it currently with ATF approval times being so short, but it's an option.

https://advanced-armament.com/restoration-program/
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Toker_:

AAC has a conversion program that will turn your 762SDN6 into a Ranger 7 or Ranger Mini 7. A big benefit is that it will be Hub compatible, so you're not tied to the 51T system.

There are a few members who have had it done (including me) and were happy with the results. I don't know if I would do it currently with ATF approval times being so short, but it's an option.

https://advanced-armament.com/restoration-program/
View Quote

Yes Toker, I have seen that as well. $700 if am not mistaken. Maybe you have heard the term ‘analysis paralysis “ before? At the moment I am sitting on the idea of using the AAC  dedicated to my 300BO. Dedicate the Saker to the trg22 direct threaded if accuracy proves out and adding a 30SDK along with the 2 M4SDK I am waiting on now (first here monday) . More expense than I planned on but it solves the problem. Problem solvers are always expensive.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 10:50:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toker_] [#5]
During Black Friday, I think it was 30% off. Still on the pricey side.

I still have another 762SDN-6 that I haven't decided what to do with. If they offer an even better discount, I would send that in also. Probably get a Ranger 7 with a Ranger 5 length instead of the Mini.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had zero issues with dual lok so far and appreciate how robust it is. The can is going nowhere
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/3/2024 11:15:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Dual Lok looks great, but I’ve been very happy with the regular Plan A. Lighter, cheaper, and I’ve shot a 450rd carbine Qual day with one and it never loosened up.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 11:25:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an HRT 556 with the dual lok system and liked it so much I bought two dual lok adapters
for another couple cans.
I think the dual lok is wayyyy under rated on the forums.
Nice solid lockup, but make sure you don't gorilla tighten the can on and let it cool after.
Ask me how I know haha.
Just finger tight and lock her down and you're GTG.
Use the code JULY4 for a super nice discount happening.

Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
Dual Lok looks great, but I’ve been very happy with the regular Plan A. Lighter, cheaper, and I’ve shot a 450rd carbine Qual day with one and it never loosened up.
View Quote

I don’t see a plan A that is silencerco charlie mount compatible on Griffins site. SilencerCo charlie mount is pre industry standard hub mount.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#10]

I don’t see a plan A that is silencerco charlie mount compatible on Griffins site. SilencerCo charlie mount is pre industry standard hub mount.
View Quote

I thought @ECCO_Machine made some, but can’t find any on the site right now. Maybe he can chime in.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:31:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#11]

View Quote
Bravo is the industry standard, but Griffin does sell Plan A in Charlie format. I use it on my Velos. I think the Griffin website calls Charlie “Saker” rather than “Omega/Nomad” like their Bravo Plan A.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 1:26:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jakezor] [#13]
I am getting old and so are my first 2 suppressors. AAC 762 SDN6 51T was my first and of course it is out of production and there isn’t much you can do for it that doesn’t involve a torch. It won’t be long until the ratchet will need replacing. Can you buy a ratchet from anywhere? ECCO machine at one time offered a HUB conversion but I don’t think it is offered any longer.

Suppressor 2&3 were both SilencerCo sparrow so that’s no worry. Direct thread.

Suppressor #4 is a SilencerCo Saker 762. Just this week it was removed from their site so I thought must be OOS. To my surprise I see on Capitol Armory that it is discontinued. Totally by accident I was looking at a 51T muzzle brake and saw “Saker (discontinued).” I was about to order the Saker 556k but then I may end up with 2 that need a new mount.

Fortunately Griffin offers a Charlie dual lok for the Saker so my question is, how does the community feel about the dual lok? Switching means half a dozen 51T muzzle devices in the parts bin and at least 3 dual new dual lok devices on 2 6.8spc and trg 22 and the chance to relive this problem down the road. About $500 all in.

There is some good news. To combat this legacy problem I have 2 Griffin gate-lok suppressors on the way that work great with my dozen or so A1 & A2 muzzle devices that have been gathering dust for 10 years. $7 each and you can find them everywhere. Fitting them using their gate-lok blast shield with no rotational play and they lock up tight.

View Quote

51t - good luck deciding, an Ecco conversion or AAC upgrade to Ranger might be the best options.
I think some older cans or adaptors SiCo had actually interfaced with 51t, anything new should be their own ASR.

I have had good experience with Dual-lok, and I even picked up a Dual-lok hub adaptor for my Omega.  
Attachment Attached File

Omega w/ ASR was my 1st centerfire can, stuck with that on 5.56 and 7.62 for a while.  Ordered a DL5 to be a dedicated 5.56 can since I liked the features, price, and I still thought I needed secondary retention.  
In between ordering and getting my DL5 I converted some PCCs to Plan A taper mount and discovered I'm just fine with that non locking option.  Don't think I'll pay to change over again.

Looks like your options from Griffin are Dual-lok or Plan A taper:
https://www.griffinarmament.com/dual-lok-silencerco-charlie-mount-interface/
https://www.griffinarmament.com/plan-a-taper-mount-adapter-for-chimera-and-saker-asr-suppressors/

If you ordered Gate-lok cans its too bad you can't get a gate-lok adaptor in Charlie thread for maximum options in which can on which gun.

ETA:
This might be sketchy (and adding length/weight) but follow along:
https://www.eccomachine.net/product/charlie-saker-to-1-375-24-bravo-adapter/
+
https://www.griffinarmament.com/gate-lok-hub-mount-interface-1-375x24/ (2 if you can get your 762SDN converted to hub)
=
all your cans could possibly use the same muzzle devices
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#14]
@ECCO_Machine
Are you still doing conversions on AAC cans?

@OP
SilencerCo will convert your direct thread Saker to an ASR mount for not much more than the cost of an ASR mount if you reach out to.them.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 2:49:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Jakezor:

51t - good luck deciding, an Ecco conversion or AAC upgrade to Ranger might be the best options.
I think some older cans or adaptors SiCo had actually interfaced with 51t, anything new should be their own ASR.

I have had good experience with Dual-lok, and I even picked up a Dual-lok hub adaptor for my Omega.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27966/dl5-omega_jpg-3258075.JPG

Omega w/ ASR was my 1st centerfire can, stuck with that on 5.56 and 7.62 for a while.  Ordered a DL5 to be a dedicated 5.56 can since I liked the features, price, and I still thought I needed secondary retention.  
In between ordering and getting my DL5 I converted some PCCs to Plan A taper mount and discovered I'm just fine with that non locking option.  Don't think I'll pay to change over again.

Looks like your options from Griffin are Dual-lok or Plan A taper:
https://www.griffinarmament.com/dual-lok-silencerco-charlie-mount-interface/
https://www.griffinarmament.com/plan-a-taper-mount-adapter-for-chimera-and-saker-asr-suppressors/

If you ordered Gate-lok cans it’s too bad you can't get a gate-lok adaptor in Charlie thread for maximum options in which can on which gun.

ETA:
This might be sketchy (and adding length/weight) but follow along:
https://www.eccomachine.net/product/charlie-saker-to-1-375-24-bravo-adapter/
+
https://www.griffinarmament.com/gate-lok-hub-mount-interface-1-375x24/ (2 if you can get your 762SDN converted to hub)
=
all your cans could possibly use the same muzzle devices
View Quote

I think Griffin at one time offered the gate-lok for a charlie mount but I don’t see it any longer. I have 1/4x28, 5/8x24 & M18x1 direct thread mounts so it will never go out of style. Just going to dedicate it to the trg. If I do decide for a QM option in the future I like the dual lok.

Originally Posted By Wangstang:
@ECCO_Machine
Are you still doing conversions on AAC cans?

@OP
SilencerCo will convert your direct thread Saker to an ASR mount for not much more than the cost of an ASR mount if you reach out to.them.
View Quote

I don’t see myself paying $400 to 700 for a cut conversion as I still have options listed above for direct threading. Now, it it were between becoming a useless paperweight and a conversion, then that would change my mind.

No offense Mr Green but in the last 6mos to a year, 3 forearms, micro carry comp, 9.5 300BO barrel ( beautiful BTW) and 2 M4SDK. If the 30SDK wasn’t sold out prolly that too. So make sure it stays OOS till after the JULY4 event ends..My wallet is razor thin. The wife was just using it to chop up some vegetable and asked about it. I just acted like I didn’t hear her.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 5:29:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#17]
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Green0:
We never offered a gatelok charlie mount.

I hear you on available funds.  I’m looking at some manufacturing capacity upgrades and we have already made some, and that shit will really make you wish it wasn’t so expensive.

View Quote

Beware the saturation of the willing.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:09:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#20]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:03:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LeeTN] [#21]

View Quote

Here:

ETA: Green0 beat me to it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 2:07:22 AM EDT
[#22]
As a follow up I contacted AAC about turning my SDN6 into a ranger 7. Quote was $700 dollars. Mine has no problems and a low round count so I don’t see it as smart money.  If it needed work and the long approval time of the past, maybe but with a new ranger 7 being $800 it’s a tough sell.

And @Green0 what is this, a blast shield? And…Is 17-4 PH the same thing as 17-4 H900?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 7:09:12 AM EDT
[#23]
As a follow up I contacted AAC about turning my SDN6 into a ranger 7. Quote was $700 dollars. Mine has no problems and a low round count so I don’t see it as smart money.  If it needed work and the long approval time of the past, maybe but with a new ranger 7 being $800 it’s a tough sell.
View Quote

Last Black Friday, it was offered around $500, but with the quick approval times lately, one of the big draws of doing it is gone.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 9:59:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamPo] [#25]
Originally Posted By ECCO_Machine:

Yes, and many others.

We suspended service work in May, but will probably start bringing things in again in August.  Finally making some headway now that the 3rd lathe is up and running.
View Quote

Ok, I think I have a plan in mind if I am thinking correctly. Convert the AAC to accept hub mounts. Griffin makes a Charlie hub mount conversion for the Saker 762.  Use dual lok on the 6.8, 300BO and 308 and use gate lok on the 556/223 which I have 2 M4SDK.

@ECCO_Machine

When you start taking conversions again, do you have a price in mind on converting a AAC 762 SDN6 to accept hub mounts? 1.375x24 the standard? No mount needs included as I plan on using dual lok.

@Green0

The hub mount dual lok and the dual lok Silencerco Charlie mount use the same muzzle devices.. correct?

ETA: Damn subscription expired..
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 12:22:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#26]
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 7:10:40 AM EDT
[#27]
@jampo @ecco_machine

The dual lok hub is 1.375-24 internal thread compatible.

The charlie mount is compatible with 1.375-32 external threads with a tapered internal socket. The charlie mount is probably a lot better than hub in that it is super secure on the can when installed.

Unsure if ecco does charlie mount conversion of cans or not.
View Quote

I think you misunderstand. I plan on using the Griffin Silencerco Charlie mount  to dual lok . I want ECCO to convert the AAC 762 to accept hub mounts and use the Griffin dual lok hub mount. They both take the same muzzle device.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 9:17:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCNick] [#28]
Just my personal opinions...  (SDN6 was also my first suppressor :))

If you're going to spend good money (several hundred) to convert the SDN6 to HUB, you might as well spend just a bit more and do the full Ranger 7 conversion (which obviously includes a conversion to HUB).  The Ranger 7 is noticeably better than the SDN6 in every way.  At worst it's about the same length if you go with a QD adapter; shorter if you go with some of the minimalist thread only mounts.  Weight:  Not even close; 16.4 oz brand new w/Dual lok adapter for the Ranger 7, SDN6 was 22.4 oz when I sent it in with just under 4k rounds on it.  Ranger 7 has a huge cut in backpressure.  I can't tell any difference in sound.  I wouldn't leave the massive improvements in weight and backpressure on the table over 4-500 bucks; I would do the full conversion on the SDN6, or leave it alone.  YMMV.  In my case I knew that if I just bought a brand new Ranger 7 instead for $300 more including stamp and long wait (at the time) the SDN6 and all my 51T stuff would be literal paper weights, so it made sense to me to get out of 51T and do a major upgrade on the actual suppressor in one move.  My only regret is that I sent it in about a month before the Black Friday sale; if I'd waited just a little longer I could have saved some cash, but it is what it is.

Dual Lok:  This is the system I picked to go with the Ranger 7 after it came back.  One caveat; the Ranger 7 does have a short leade/taper right in front of the HUB threads, so some adapters need to be cut down to fit, including the Dual Lok (I had ECCO do this).  My thoughts on Dual Lok; it isn't the fastest or most intuitive system overall (you will have to understand how it works to get it locked/unlocked), but it locks up tight, lets very little gas past the taper, you know it isn't going anywhere, and has just about any muzzle device you could want.  Overall I like it and will be investing in it further.  Griffin seems to be a good solid company that actually engineers what they sell and is engaged with their customers, so I get that warm fuzzy feeling that it will be supported for the foreseeable future.

Link Posted: 7/11/2024 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DVCNick:
Just my personal opinions...  (SDN6 was also my first suppressor :))

If you're going to spend good money (several hundred) to convert the SDN6 to HUB, you might as well spend just a bit more and do the full Ranger 7 conversion (which obviously includes a conversion to HUB).  The Ranger 7 is noticeably better than the SDN6 in every way.  At worst it's about the same length if you go with a QD adapter; shorter if you go with some of the minimalist thread only mounts.  Weight:  Not even close; 16.4 oz brand new w/Dual lok adapter for the Ranger 7, SDN6 was 22.4 oz when I sent it in with just under 4k rounds on it.  Ranger 7 has a huge cut in backpressure.  I can't tell any difference in sound.  I wouldn't leave the massive improvements in weight and backpressure on the table over 4-500 bucks; I would do the full conversion on the SDN6, or leave it alone.  YMMV.  In my case I knew that if I just bought a brand new Ranger 7 instead for $300 more including stamp and long wait (at the time) the SDN6 and all my 51T stuff would be literal paper weights, so it made sense to me to get out of 51T and do a major upgrade on the actual suppressor in one move.  My only regret is that I sent it in about a month before the Black Friday sale; if I'd waited just a little longer I could have saved some cash, but it is what it is.

Dual Lok:  This is the system I picked to go with the Ranger 7 after it came back.  One caveat; the Ranger 7 does have a short leade/taper right in front of the HUB threads, so some adapters need to be cut down to fit, including the Dual Lok (I had ECCO do this).  My thoughts on Dual Lok; it isn't the fastest or most intuitive system overall (you will have to understand how it works to get it locked/unlocked), but it locks up tight, lets very little gas past the taper, you know it isn't going anywhere, and has just about any muzzle device you could want.  Overall I like it and will be investing in it further.  Griffin seems to be a good solid company that actually engineers what they sell and is engaged with their customers, so I get that warm fuzzy feeling that it will be supported for the foreseeable future.

View Quote

I agree it makes it better. But $700 is only $100 and a tax stamp away from the cost of a new Ranger 7. If I wait for the next sale can probably get it for the same price. Wait for Capitols next free tax stamp and we are talking an insignificant amount of money. I think I read earlier that ECCO was $400ish for the conversion. That leaves me $300 for the dual lok mount and muzzle device. Otherwise, $700+200+100 for the AAC rebuild with hub and MD is a grand for a suppressor I already have a $1000 in. That makes it a $2000 suppressor. Let’s see what ECCO quotes for the hub conversion.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 10:14:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#30]
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#31]

I agree it makes it better. But $700 is only $100 and a tax stamp away from the cost of a new Ranger 7. If I wait for the next sale can probably get it for the same price. Wait for Capitols next free tax stamp and we are talking an insignificant amount of money. I think I read earlier that ECCO was $400ish for the conversion. That leaves me $300 for the dual lok mount and muzzle device. Otherwise, $700+200+100 for the AAC rebuild with hub and MD is a grand for a suppressor I already have a $1000 in. That makes it a $2000 suppressor. Let’s see what ECCO quotes for the hub conversion.
View Quote

It may be me, but I'm not sure I'm following this math... there is no new stamp for the AAC rebuild.  Just 700+your adapter of choice if you are not using the direct thread adapter that comes with it.  Less if they do another black Friday sale and you wait till then.
So if ECCO charges 400 for a hub conversion, you are leaving 6oz and less back pressure on the table over a $300 difference.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 11:33:14 AM EDT
[#32]

It may be me, but I'm not sure I'm following this math... there is no new stamp for the AAC rebuild.  Just 700+your adapter of choice if you are not using the direct thread adapter that comes with it.  Less if they do another black Friday sale and you wait till then.
So if ECCO charges 400 for a hub conversion, you are leaving 6oz and less back pressure on the table over a $300 difference.
View Quote

The math is simple. For me, I would rather add another suppressor for the difference of a tax stamp. And hey, approvals are fast now. Last one was <36hrs.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#33]
unless you really think you need the secondary retention, I'd do taper mounts. Simpler, less expensive (mounts and adapters), lighter, and with plan A/XL adapters you can use any other HUB cans. no issues with them coming loose or getting stuck.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By IHTFP08:
unless you really think you need the secondary retention, I'd do taper mounts. Simpler, less expensive (mounts and adapters), lighter, and with plan A/XL adapters you can use any other HUB cans. no issues with them coming loose or getting stuck.
View Quote

I may be missing it but I do not see a taper mount on griffins site that is Silencerco Charlie compatible. Can you toss me a link?
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#35]

I may be missing it but I do not see a taper mount on griffins site that is Silencerco Charlie compatible. Can you toss me a link?
View Quote

I think this is it, they just use different wording.

Link Posted: 7/11/2024 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By koz4guns:

I think this is it, they just use different wording.

View Quote

That’s the one.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By IHTFP08:
View Quote

Dang guys. Thought I had a plan but you are not wrong. I saw the Charlie compatible dual lok and stopped looking. If I end up getting the AAC converted to hub, is this what I need?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/12/2024 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Dang guys. Thought I had a plan but you are not wrong. I saw the Charlie compatible dual lok and stopped looking. If I end up getting the AAC converted to hub, is this what I need?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146093/IMG_2270_jpeg-3264019.JPG
View Quote
Yes, if the blast chamber is deep enough for your desired muzzle device. If not, the Plan A-L is likely what you need.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 2:55:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MFRecon2] [#39]
We make taper mounts for those also, so that's another possible option.

I'm obviously not in the right position to be an unbiased end user, so in that regard someone else's opinion may be a lot more valuable.  All I can say about dual lok is: with the two locking positions of the collar creating the 120 effective locking positions with the 60 grooves, and the 1-10 stub acme thread, the mount is capable of securing a suppressor in a tightly taper-mated orientation.  

As long as the end user unlocks the collar (depressing the collar and hanging the pin the middle of tab/middle position) prior to installing and attempting to remove it) the teeth should not become worn, because there is no ratcheting by design.  As long as the can is installed tightly prior to locking, the taper will not allow the thread to be fouled.  

We have a current Marine reserve infantry assembly manager here who has a Saker and he was the first guy using a Dual lok mount- a beta tester and he really liked the mount and switched systems to it.

The can in this picture is his can- he let us borrow it for a couple hours for pictures .  

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-lbyqmcyjkm/images/stencil/800x800/products/595/4110/Saker_Mount_Lock_Unlock__77643.1694799519.jpg?c=2
View Quote

This thread just cost me money...

I'm new to suppressors and didn't know switching up mounting systems was a thing

My opinion means nothing but I prefer the dual lok system to the asr on my hybrid 46 and 46m.

Do you also make a bravo adapter?
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By MFRecon2:

This thread just cost me money...

I'm new to suppressors and didn't know switching up mounting systems was a thing

My opinion means nothing but I prefer the dual lok system to the asr on my hybrid 46 and 46m.

Do you also make a bravo adapter?
View Quote
The wording they use on their site for Bravo is “Omega/Nomad”.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
The wording they use on their site for Bravo is “Omega/Nomad”.
View Quote

Thank you for pointing my money in the right direction
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I converted mine on the last sale. If I was the OP I would wait it out but if not ECCO is the way!
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#43]
...but that may still have the AAC new style hub interference. They for whatever reason decided in that classical PSA way to do something unique and different that messed with std suppressor component interfacing on what was supposed to be a universal hub interface.

View Quote
Thanks for reminding me - I still need to figure out a way to get my Plan A XL chucked into a drillpress so I can trim that skirt down in a somewhat even fashion.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 10:03:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WVUSIG] [#45]
I really, really like Dual-Lok. In fact, I like it so much that I converted my 16 cans from Plan B to Dual-Lok. I liked Plan B but appreciate the piece of mind of a locking mount.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 12:48:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:
I really, really like Dual-Lok. In fact, I like it so much that I converted my 16 cans from Plan B to Dual-Lok. I liked Plan B but appreciate the piece of mind of a locking mount.
View Quote
My opinion is similar. I've got no problem with GA's Taper, but DL tickles my Belt & Suspenders preferences.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ECCO_Machine:

We do not charge anywhere near $400 for mount conversions.   That's recore territory.  When that kind of cost is stated, it is usually the "all-in" cost including shipping, the adapter and maybe muzzle device as well.

Conversions are typically $200 for steel/stainless steel cans and $210 for titanium cans.

https://www.eccomachine.net/product/bravo-conversion-service/
View Quote

That’s fantastic. Can I get on the waiting list for when you start up the conversions again?

@ECCO_Machine
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 5:07:19 AM EDT
[#48]
I have switched all of my cans to griffin mounts. I am using dual loks on my guns with higher rates of fire and taper mounts on rifles where weight is a concern.

I will buy Griffin cans in the future because of their mounts and if they don’t have a can that meets my needs I will use their mount or direct thread.

Now that I own quite a few suppressors and have some time with them I can say that in my opinion the mount is the most important feature on a suppressor, that’s what I tell friends that are buying their first.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Ok, after much deliberation, err uncertainty on which direction to go, I decided on the griffin taper lock. So that’s the first old suppressor converted and one to go. Waiting for Ecco to start up conversions again. Very happy with the taper lock decision.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/29/2024 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#50]
It's hard to go wrong with your choice. Muzzle devices for just about everything in multiple styles, and a simple, secure mount.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top