Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 11:02:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Bullet_:
I meant, how does it compare in ease of use to an AR or, say, HK, Sig556, etc?  

The safety is far better than the AR's I have, it made me order a couple of bad ass 45* safety's. I don't think the gun is that much bigger than an AR functions great and all controls are just right for me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2013 6:19:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By HardShell:
Game changer! Says so right in the title!

Interesting read, thanks for the link, I'm a pretty big fan of all things Beretta.

I today shared my personal thoughts on the soon-to-be-released Beretta ARX100, via E-mail, with Beretta U.S.A. Corp. VP, Military Marketing & Sales (previously, VP, Tactical Products Development), Gabriele de Plano:

"Dear Mr. de Plano:

A long-time admirer of the Beretta "passion," I join the multitude anxiously awaiting the release of the sporting/tactical carbine for the 21st Century: Beretta's highly-innovative ARX100.

Meanwhile, it's Beretta ARX100 "Teaser Time," on the Internet:

1, "BERETTA ARX100" heading, followed by a blank space, on the Beretta official Site.;
2, "ARX100 test 1 - Beretta" page, on the BERETTA official Site, which offered an image of the new ARX100, along with a full list of its desirable features, but without specifications (Page recently removed).;
3, "BERETTA ARX100 - Teaser" video, "Ready for anything . . . Full-length video coming up soon. . . .";
4, "BERETTA ARX100 or IWI Tavor" Poll.

I dare state that the long-awaited Beretta ARX100 is on track to receive the extraordinary reception that the recently-introduced IWI Tavor SAR has, to date. I submit, however, that if Beretta is serious about introducing a welcome game-changer, their quick-change ARX100 has to offer, among the current tired, old-hat chamberings, a companion 21st-Century cartridge. And, the present consensus makes that the can-do 6.5 Grendel (shares the same Breech Bolt as the 7.62x39mm). And, as an extra advantage to the Consumer, low-cost steel case 6.5 Grendel ammo will be hitting dealers' shelves, third quarter 2013. All in all, I see the all-new Beretta ARX100, combined with the multi-purpose 6.5 Grendel, as the go-to combo for today's, tomorrow's wide-ranging sporting/tactical challenges.

Competition: it's what moves our shooting world, forward. Thank you, Beretta!

Sincerely,"

Link Posted: 5/1/2013 11:14:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty sure guy just deleted sky pups email without looking at it

Link Posted: 5/1/2013 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I today received the following E-mail-Reply from Gabriele de Plano, Beretta U.S.A. Corp.:

"Thank you for your interest in our ARX100... as the VP of our military division, I am more focused on the ARX160, but I'm sure the semi-auto version will be a great success. I am aware of the 6.5 Grendel, but my military customers have shown more interest in the .300 BlackOut, so I obviously have to defer to them... I'm sure that the market (with useful suggestions like yours) will drive us towards the development of all the optimal calibers --- fortunately, our multi-caliber platform is ready to accept most of them! I have forwarded your comments to my commercial colleagues.

Best regards,

Gabriele de Plano
Vice President of Military Marketing & Sales
Beretta U.S.A. Corp."
Link Posted: 5/1/2013 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The ARX-100 is on the cover of June 2013 Guns & Ammo Magazine.  Article says it will be introduced at the NRA show and is in the warehouse.  MSRP is $1950 and Beretta asking dealers to honor this price.  Hopefully will start seeing them available this month.  No mention of a FDE version but hopefully will come out.
Link Posted: 5/1/2013 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By eodcolret:
The ARX-100 is on the cover of June 2013 Guns & Ammo Magazine.  Article says it will be introduced at the NRA show and is in the warehouse. MSRP is $1950 and Beretta asking dealers to honor this price.  Hopefully will start seeing them available this month. No mention of a FDE version but hopefully will come out.

Damn ! Well, there goes any chance of it being a sales leader

Awesome ! needs to be out ASAP

Shit ! more waiting
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 12:32:30 AM EDT
[#7]
The ARX-100 is on the cover of June 2013 Guns & Ammo Magazine.  Article says it will be introduced at the NRA show and is in the warehouse.  MSRP is $1950 and Beretta asking dealers to honor this price.  Hopefully will start seeing them available this month.  No mention of a FDE version but hopefully will come out.

eodcolret,

Thanks for the update! I had a sense that the release of the ARX100 was imminent. Did the article indicate which caliber(s) will be available, initially?

Link Posted: 5/2/2013 1:39:00 AM EDT
[#8]
MSRP is $1950

Link Posted: 5/2/2013 9:21:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eodcolret] [#9]
Originally Posted By SKY-PUP:

eodcolret,

Thanks for the update! I had a sense that the release of the ARX100 was imminent. Did the article indicate which caliber(s) will be available, initially?

Sky-Pup,
 Here is quote from article.
"... Beretta...,says it will offer ARX spare barrels from the get-go, including a .300 blackout kit that is expected to retail for $499.  ...am told that other calibers like the 6.8 SPC could appear in spare barrel kits sometime next year.  ... 12 and 16 inch barrels are going to be standard in the U.S.".
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 10:32:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#10]
Picking up my ARX-160 in .22LR today!

Wonder if they will put out a .223 conversion kit!

ETA picked it up.

First impressions, like the light weight, trigger is ok, stock is very solid, nice balance.

Don't like the flip up irons (made of polymer), although they do have multiple aperture sizes, they feel cheap, like the Magpul MBUS, which I don't like either.  But then I think all sights should be made of metal, that's a personal preference. They are spring loaded, and they do not lock in the up position, though the springs keep them up. They do lock manually in the down position, took a while to figure out how to push the tab in to lock them down. It will be getting a red dot so that's no biggie. Charging handle is a bit small if you have big  meaty hands like me, the brass bump might be a bit of a knucklebuster because of that, I could see looking for an upgrade here.

Tons of picatinney rail real estate, almost too much. Will be nice if you like to hang stuff off of a rifle (I don't).

Overall, very nicely done and can't wait to shoot it. It  is full ambi configurable. the LOP goes quite small, I can see this working well with kids and small adults, also extends out far enough for big adults.  Locks securely in the side-folded position.

Comes with lock, manual, 1 20 rnd mag and sight adjustment tool (which is needed; Front sight cannot be adjusted by hand.)

Haven't figured out if the Flash Hider is  set screw only or set screw with threads. Has German proof marks on it, seems to be well made.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#11]

This is an exciting turn of events.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 8:30:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SKY-PUP] [#12]
IT'S HAPPENING!

Just today, the Beretta USA official Site added to their "Rifles & Carbines" > "Tactical" Page, "Beretta ARX100 5.56x45mm 30 rnd., $1,950. MSRP.";
Just today, Google "Beretta ARX100" and you're now directed to the Beretta USA official Site on the ARX100 and two videos, thereof!
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 8:52:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bullet_] [#13]
ARX-100 LINK

Nice catch SKY_PUP, This was not here last night.

ETA: the video clearly shows and states that:

1 ~ only smooth sided mags, like the MP E-Mag will fit.
So Lancer, P-mags and others that get thick below the standard AR mag well don't fit.
Lancer, Gen 1 and 2 P-mags fit Gen 3 P-mags do not.

2 ~ the safety is of the 90 degree type, no more 41 degree safe to semi.

3 ~ the back up sights are built in, just like the 22lr ARX-160 and the FA issue rifle.

4 ~ 300Blk is coming out immediately.

5 ~ The Bolt Release is clearly improved and looks to be the best in the business.

6 ~ 100% made in the USA, no 922r bullshit

Link Posted: 5/2/2013 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#14]
So much plastic... Charging handle didn't seem that sturdy. Looks like another plastic fish gun with an absurd price tag.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 11:42:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#15]
Why are the handguards on the ARX-100 shorter than we have seen on all of the previous models of the ARX-160?
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Bummer about the pmags not fitting. That's kind of a deal killer for me since I have like a hundred or so. Guess I'm trying out the Tavor!
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 12:30:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 1:20:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762] [#18]
Yup, they fuxxored the safety

And appears they shortened the handguard.  Seems they are stuck in the past in weapons manipulation, especially with their airsoft looking tactical video, at least they could find someone that knows how to shoot.  They should probably spring for non-airsoft optics for their promo videos too.

Originally Posted By Gastonite:
Bummer about the pmags not fitting

Another strike against it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 2:02:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bullet_] [#19]
Originally Posted By Gamma762:
Yup, they fuxxored the safety

And appears they shortened the handguard.  Seems they are stuck in the past in weapons manipulation, especially with their airsoft looking tactical video, at least they could find someone that knows how to shoot.  They should probably spring for non-airsoft optics for their promo videos too.

Originally Posted By Gastonite:
Bummer about the pmags not fitting

Another strike against it.

Considering that this is the " A3 " variation of the rifle, I'd hazard a guess and say they shortened to make weight.
The A2 variant is the one that's seen action in Afghanistan, so the A3 is the result of that feedback.

I have an ugly feeling that either the ATF, company lawyers, or both are behind the 90 degree safety.
Seriously, what large gun maker makes a rifle with a 45 degree safety standard?
Only a few boutique makers offer it as an option IIRC.

------------------------

Never understood the blind love of Pmags.

They are nowhere near as durable as steel and are known to break at the spine.
Worse, they can't be left loaded for long periods without the cover to support the lips.
Furthermore, IMHO if it isn't clear or smoke, you are gaining nothing over a metal mag in terms of functionality.
I could care less about free replacements, broken now is useless, now.

The only poly mags I trust have steel reinforcements, sadly the AR15 lancer is out too.
They would have completed this rifle.

ETA: rightwing87 below has pointed out that Beretta representative on YT says that Pmags work, so either the rep on YT is wrong or the Video on the site is old.

Link Posted: 5/3/2013 2:18:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rightwing87] [#20]
Beretta says it works with Gen3 PMags in the comments section of this video:  ARX100:  Alpha Team Training

Doesn't help you if you have older Magpul mags, but you're not completely stuck with GI mags.  I imagine there will be some design revisions if this thing sells well.

ETA:  The newer Lancer L5A series magazines are compatible too according to Lancer's website.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 2:55:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762] [#21]
Seriously, what large gun maker makes a rifle with a 45 degree safety standard?

Beretta's own ARX160 in 22lr for one as well as military ARX160s.

Sig 550~556, SCAR, HK rifles of all types, FAL rifles of all types,  just as a quick list.  My pistols have about a 15 degree travel safety.  45 degree travel safety was specified for the SCAR trials and was done the same way in the ARX160 for the same good reasons.

It was clear from previous material posted that they changed the safety so as to be the same as AR15s.

I have an ugly feeling that either the ATF, company lawyers, or both are behind the 90 degree safety.

ATF?  Please.  Don't be ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 3:17:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Gamma762:

It was clear from previous material posted that they changed the safety so as to be the same as AR15s.

ATF?  Please.  Don't be ridiculous.

I made it clear in my post that I was guessing off of gut reaction.

As far s them stating they changed it to be more like the AR 90 degree safety, they also say in the second video that the rifle only takes smooth sided mags like E-Mags,
yet the Beretta Rep posting on You Tube contradicts that by saying it DOES take P-Mags.
Who's right?

What's ridiculous here?  

Until today when Beretta does a Q&A and people ask the right questions, or this gets out to the public, we won't know.

Link Posted: 5/3/2013 3:41:56 AM EDT
[#23]
The more I see this thing the more I dislike it It just looks to much like a toy for my tastes. Then again, that's how the old timers felt about the AR.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 8:42:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spade] [#24]
The quick switch from left to right for the charging handle and ejection is really neat.

Not 1950 neat though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By HardShell:
I am hoping there will be a sample on hand at the Beretta booth at the NRA show today.

HardShell,

If there is, we would appreciate your sharing with us your first impressions. Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/3/2013 10:22:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#27]
Originally Posted By Spade:
The quick switch from left to right for the charging handle and ejection is really neat.

Not 1950 neat though.

Might be for leftys. I have the .22LR version, my understanding is the controls the same, they work very well and it really truly ambidextrous, on every level.  I don't know why people complain about the safety, I think it is great.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Seems like a quick switching ejection would be very useful on the bullpup rifles we use today which is considered to be one of the major strikes against them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, that was a major letdown for me.  I can't believe that all of these new rifles are $2K!!  They aren't that big of an improvement over a standard AR-15 to justify the massive price increase in my opinion
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By jlficken:
Well, that was a major letdown for me.  I can't believe that all of these new rifles are $2K!!  They aren't that big of an improvement over a standard AR-15 to justify the massive price increase in my opinion

It's rare that something new is less expensive.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jlficken:

Honestly what do you expect these guys to be able sell brand new platforms at? There are several companies selling 2K AR's all day long so what is the difference?
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Does the 90 degree safety mean I get to use AR triggers?   If so, that's a plus in my book.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#33]
tag
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 1:33:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smatthew] [#34]
Woops- wrong thread.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Not 1950 neat though.

If it was 1950 w/ the both the 556 and 300blk barrels, I'd be in.  I've had 4 different Beretta guns and only 1 was a disappointment (Cougar)
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#37]
I could've swore I remember reading somewhere a while back that Beretta was targeting a $1500-1600 MSRP for the ARX... With the recent launch and success of the Tavor, it makes you wonder if they decided to bump the price up last-minute to increase their profit margin?
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 6:18:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks like a plasticy scar ripoff
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Variance:
I could've swore I remember reading somewhere a while back that Beretta was targeting a $1500-1600 MSRP for the ARX... With the recent launch and success of the Tavor, it makes you wonder if they decided to bump the price up last-minute to increase their profit margin?

That would be a good guess.

Glocks only cost $100 to make. The other +$200 on the wholesale price is pure bank.
That's why Mr Glock is a multimillionaire.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By dillehayd:

Not 1950 neat though.

If it was 1950 w/ the both the 556 and 300blk barrels, I'd be in.  I've had 4 different Beretta guns and only 1 was a disappointment (Cougar)

I had two cougars, they are excellent guns. The 90 degree rotating barrel was a phenomenal design, helps with accuracy and felt recoil (which is something you need for snappy .40). The only bad thing about the cougar was magazine capacity since it was designed during the ban. If they would design a 15 round magwell then I would be all over that gun in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Glocks only cost $100 to make. The other +$200 on the wholesale price is pure bank.

This are a lot more costs involved in marketing a firearm then just the manufacture, otherwise all the guns out there would be 2-3 times cheaper then they are.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 11:55:25 PM EDT
[#43]
From Guns.com...just posted out on youtube.

( Us    Arx-100 5.56 ) = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVxWaqKAQ6M
( Italy Arx-160 5.56 ) = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z_K1pV-dGE

Looks like....why it has more recoil than the Arx-160 (orig) ??...Hmmm.
......really a puzzle now.

I may be wrong...looks can be deceiving.

Anyone care to verify that ??...Thanks
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 12:24:52 AM EDT
[#44]
my guess is that is the difference between shooters.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 2:43:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Hmm...my guess would be the shorter length on the piston carrier group....therefore the US version shorter handguards.....thus more recoil........

Hmm...wish someone could be able to make comparison between the two....before i buy it ....as it is going to be released in a month........big big concern now.......
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 2:50:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AKDREAN:
Hmm...my guess would be the shorter length on the piston carrier group....therefore the US version shorter handguards.....thus more recoil........

Hmm...wish someone could be able to make comparison between the two....before i buy it ....as it is going to be released in a month........big big concern now.......

so get a comp or break if you are really concerned. its a pretty easy fix.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:51:36 AM EDT
[#47]
The Beretta ARX-100 is being shown off at the NRA convention.

MSRP = $1950

.300Blackout caliber conversion kit will be available when they release the ARX-100.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 8:01:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TangledThorns] [#48]
I was waiting for the ARX for a long time till I bought my LWRC M6A2 last year. That being said I was still excited for the ARX but I'm disappointed that Beretta's late release has shown the rifle is behind the curve some ergonomics wise, especially when compared to the Tavor and the AR platform. I mentioned this to a Beretta rep on my Facebook feed and suggested the ARX should have QD mounts for slings instead of the built in sling loops and make the grip removable so we can customize it with a aftermarket grip. I also suggested the stock should be able to adjust for comb height, similar to what we see on other folding stocks on the SCAR, ACR and XCR. The Beretta rep was kind enough to forward my suggestions to his marketing and engineers and responded that my suggestions are doable

I also asked what the barrel's lining is as none of the Beretta weblinks or videos detail it beyond hammer forging and easily swappable. The rep responded its nitrided which is really cool! I explained to the rep they need to use that as a selling point and he agreed.

It seems like Berreta's marketing needs a overhaul, especially since Ben Cook left. Their new guy has the personality of a retired vacuum salesman.

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 9:54:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Rewatching the Beretta video, I don't understand why they didn't make the bottom rail a full picatinny rail.  

They aren't going to be selling the grenade launcher to anyone besides the military and military would get the ARX160 version anyway.

They show a full rail you can attach, but I'd rather save a few ounces and have the rail as close to the barrel as possible.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#50]

Is that $100 in material or does that $100 include all the overhead that goes into running an international manufacturing corporation?
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top