[#1]
These are now avaliable for purchase.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 10:19:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How do we purchase? There does not  appear to be a price listed or a way to add to the cart on your webstore(?)
View Quote

I'm not affiliated with Rhinelander. I just got an email from them.

Link Posted: 10/8/2022 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Fit and finish is great. I love the look except for the rail thing coming out of the handguard. @RhinelandArms - can the rail be removed or do you have one flush with the end of the handguard.
I will shoot it tomorrow.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#5]
We have a much shorter rail you can put on that. I will send one your way if you want. Just Email us-dont PM here.

The bottom rail holds the wood on. The rail is held in place with the 2 3/16" pins located on the front lower part of the receiver. You will need a good drift punch to knock them out.

We are very, very slowly getting these rifles out the door.

If anyone else wants a short rail for their longer barrel version, let me know.  Can get that out for you.

Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Are the buttstock and PG still black-painted wood? If so, how well would they match the handguard if the paint was stripped?
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are the buttstock and PG still black-painted wood? If so, how well would they match the handguard if the paint was stripped?
View Quote

The wood is all the same, all 3 items are made from Cherry. You can strip it, but it will be darn difficult to get the black out of the grooves. It will also be very difficult to color match our handguards. We put it through a multi step process to get the same color on those HGs.

We are playing with making sets of wood the same color as the Hgs, just need a bit of time.

Link Posted: 10/11/2022 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Please, please, please, make a 9mm bolt action rifle!!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The wood is all the same, all 3 items are made from Cherry. You can strip it, but it will be darn difficult to get the black out of the grooves. It will also be very difficult to color match our handguards. We put it through a multi step process to get the same color on those HGs.

We are playing with making sets of wood the same color as the Hgs, just need a bit of time.

View Quote

Thanks! I'll hold off a bit on ordering, then. I really, really want all-wood furniture.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#10]
All wood colored furniture would be hot. The handguard looks great.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Please, please, please, make a 9mm bolt action rifle!!!!
View Quote

It is certainly a cool idea and something always on our minds here.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#12]
We have a new way to mount bipods for those of you wanting to do that. I should have pic up later today and for anyone who already ordered a rifle, let us know and we will get the parts to you.

The parts are included in all rifles going out from here on out.

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Here is a pic of the of the production rifles.  Both are long barrel versions with the 2 tone on top that is shipping. The All cherry one on the bottom should start shipping in December. We also shifted to the shorter rail on these. Not sure what others are getting for accuracy but the ones we have tested for that are really accurate.  Pics of the bipod mounting method coming next.

The scope on the top one is the one we used to test accuracy, its a 40 year old Luepold. We found another feature of Luepold Scopes is that the are the lightest ones you can get. The scope mount is  a Weaver unit.

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Here is a pic of the of the production rifles.  Both are long barrel versions with the 2 tone on top that is shipping. The All cherry one on the bottom should start shipping in December. We also shifted to the shorter rail on these. Not sure what others are getting for accuracy but the ones we have tested for that are really accurate.  Pics of the bipod mounting method coming next.

The scope on the top one is the one we used to test accuracy, its a 40 year old Luepold. We found another feature of Luepold Scopes is that the are the lightest ones you can get. The scope mount is  a Weaver unit.

https://www.troupsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/IMG_E5265-scaled.jpg
View Quote

I really like the all-cherry version!! Well worth the wait for a couple more months.
When you say "shifted to the shorter rail", I assume the rail pictured is that "shorter rail", correct?
Eagerly waiting, already got $, mags, ammo, sling, optics, and mount
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 12:47:57 AM EDT
[#15]
All cherry is sexy.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I am overly excited about these.

If I were to buy one now, would I be able to order the cherry furniture later to swap out the current black furniture?

Yes, I know I have a patience problem.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 11:48:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes, you will be able to buy the cherry pistol grips and rear stocks by themselves.

We are starting out finishing line testing today and should be in production with the cherry next week. The R2000 testing and first production  starts today too.

Link Posted: 11/8/2022 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes, you will be able to buy the cherry pistol grips and rear stocks by themselves.

We are starting out finishing line testing today and should be in production with the cherry next week. The R2000 testing and first production  starts today too.

View Quote

Awesome, you're the best!

Just waiting to hear back from Global Defense and I'll be placing my order.

I really hope you expand and keep creating modern, semiautomatic versions of different classic military firearms. I'll buy them all.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Price for a complete rifle?
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I forgot to add, we will have a special link and pricing for the cherry wood parts for ARFCOM members, that should be next week. The testing on the R2000 went really well, so were busting it on those for the next week.

The FG-9 rear stock will have to ship with the trunion attached though, driving the cost up a bit.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Price for a complete rifle?
View Quote

About 850$
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Is Globel Defense the best place to buy one? I know that's the link on Rhineland’s website but I've left them multiple messages and they haven't returned any of them.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is Globel Defense the best place to buy one? I know that's the link on Rhineland’s website but I've left them multiple messages and they haven't returned any of them.
View Quote

I need to follow up on this to be fair. Rhineland arms were quick to respond and Global Defense got back to me and responded to all my questions. My initial order was placed earlier today, I'm excited to get it in.

I've also ordered some 32 round magazines to go with it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Mine came in today and I have to say the build quality is second to none. All the details are perfect it's extremely well put together!

I will be buying the cherry wood furniture when it comes out as I do prefer that look but it feels pretty cool to have one of the first rifles made (serial number is under 100) and to help support Rhineland Arms as they move forward.

Still trying to decide what type of sights to put on it. A red dot would work great but part of me wants to keep it more original like the FG-42 so I may end up going with some iron sights, time will tell.

Unfortunately, work is kicking my butt so it'll probably be a couple of weeks before I can hit the range but rest assured when I do I'll report back.

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Just to clarify the FCG is 100% AR15?
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#26]
What’s the best way to order one of these?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:30:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Another question will an option for a front sight
(Preferably folding) be available in the future?

Or perhaps a Mount for one.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#28]
We are thinking about a front site,  but do not have anything yet. We have just updated the design and have a new titanium ejector and slightly modified bolt to make them smoother and eject better.

The best way to order is any of the following.

Global Defense

Your local dealer, tell them to order from Global Defense or if they have an account Sports South(thats a distributor that dealers use)

You can order from us, but we are SLOW to get individual orders out.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We are thinking about a front site,  but do not have anything yet. We have just updated the design and have a new titanium ejector and slightly modified bolt to make them smoother and eject better.

The best way to order is any of the following.

Global Defense

Your local dealer, tell them to order from Global Defense or if they have an account Sports South(thats a distributor that dealers use)

You can order from us, but we are SLOW to get individual orders out.
View Quote

Is it cheaper to order directly?
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#30]
The lowest cost way to get one, is to have your dealer buy it from Global, at least I think. They do have a markup but could be the best way to go.

The all Cherry wood sets should start to ship next week. Lost a lot of handguards due to error with one of the tools so thats slowing shipping down.

For anyone who would like to mount bipods and did not get the bipod mounting hardware with your rifle, please contact us and put in your subject line "need FG-9 bipod mounting hardware" and we will get that out. Were super swamped  but should be able to get those out.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Will an all cherry stocked example be available for order?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

The all cherry sets are coming on line pretty good now, it has taken a while to get them going but I think we are about there.

Also, for anyone who has an early one, contact us about getting a gen 2 titanium ejector, we are getting  these in stock and they help with both ejection and mags taking a dump.

We are also actively working on an FG42 in 223, with a unique twist. These will use AR barrels and bolts, at least thats the plan for now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The all cherry sets are coming on line pretty good now, it has taken a while to get them going but I think we are about there.

Also, for anyone who has an early one, contact us about getting a gen 2 titanium ejector, we are getting  these in stock and they help with both ejection and mags taking a dump.

We are also actively working on an FG42 in 223, with a unique twist. These will use AR barrels and bolts, at least thats the plan for now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad I waited to order mine
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#34]
This is amazing. Can’t remember the last time I saw a gun on here and just said “hot damn! I want one!”
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#35]
The 223 version is coming along nicely.  This version will use Ar barrels, bolt heads and trigger groups.

We are still working on the recoil spring set up. Its our only hang up right now and not a lot of room to do things in there.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The 223 version is coming along nicely.  This version will use Ar barrels, bolt heads and trigger groups.

We are still working on the recoil spring set up. Its our only hang up right now and not a lot of room to do things in there.
View Quote

Normal stanag mags?

I sent an email to you about the new extractor and furniture, havnt got a reply yet.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:36:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Sirs. Can you share a photo of one without a muzzle device installed.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#38]
We just upgraded the extractor on these and they run like a charm with that and 124g ammo. If anybody is having an issue, just let us know and we will get a new extractor out, this makes it nice to shoot.

Currently they do not like 115g Blazer brass case ammo. Will be running more tests to figure this one out and see if it is 115g across the board or just Blazer.  

We are going to try to get to testing 45acp versions using Glock mags in the next month or so.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Now I gotta buy one and postie it. Dangit
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Now I gotta buy one and postie it. Dangit
View Quote

I bought one as soon as I saw this thread (Look above for pictures of it). You won't regret it, the quality is much better than the pictures show and the company has been extremely fast to respond to any emails I've sent, not to mention how helpful and seemingly honestly happy to help they've been. You don't have that quality of build and people anymore.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top