BCM
User Panel

Page / 75
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:
Gonna try out my 10mm tomorrow. Two tax stamp. Will be running my SiCo Hybrid 46m w/ tri-lug setup:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310106/20240718_150741_jpg-3270614.JPG
View Quote

I've got a 9mm, so the 10 is on my interest list. Let us know.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Bye_Felicia:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Gonna try out my 10mm tomorrow. Two tax stamp. Will be running my SiCo Hybrid 46m w/ tri-lug setup:

Will bring my Osprey 45k too and see how the two compare.

Shooting 180 gr 1300 fps reloads (AR 180 gr pulls with 9.1 gr LS).
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 7:56:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evintos] [#3]
Introducing the all new made in the USA, Global Ordnance Stribog 9mm 30 Round Magazine. These magazines are specifically designed for the Grand Power Stribog SP9A1, SP9A3, & SP9A3S. These sleek magazines boast a 30 round capacity and feature an enhanced feed angle ensuring reliable feeding of hollow points, flat nose, and all other types of 9mm ammunition.

These magazines are made from state of the art fiber filled polymer and offer exceptional strength and longevity. They have a classic black finish, with witness holes at 10, 20, and 30 rounds for easy monitoring of remaining rounds, providing essential functionality for every shooter.

Made in the USA, and come with a limited lifetime warranty from Global Ordnance.

Global Ordnance is the official importer of Grand Power the Stribog, and has developed these magazines using their experience and feedback from end users.

Features:

Made in the USA by the official importer of the Grand Power Stribog.
Made of fiber filled polymer for strength and durability.
Enhanced feed angle to ensure reliable feeding of hollow points & flat nose rounds.
Witness holes at 10, 20, and 30 rounds.
High visibility follower.
Limited lifetime warranty.

MFR#: 197892018029
UPC: 197892018029

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

The 10mm Bog was a blast to shoot. The KES stock really dug into my shoulder thru the thin teeshirt though, probably gonna put an ACR stock on it or something.

Best part is even with full power reloads, the brass was in great shape. So much better than the CMMG Banshee I used to own.

Going to see if I can work up a good subsonic load with 200 gr XTP and see how it runs with the Octane 45 HD in jail.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Evintos:
Introducing the all new made in the USA, Global Ordnance Stribog 9mm 30 Round Magazine. These magazines are specifically designed for the Grand Power Stribog SP9A1, SP9A3, & SP9A3S. These sleek magazines boast a 30 round capacity and feature an enhanced feed angle ensuring reliable feeding of hollow points, flat nose, and all other types of 9mm ammunition.

These magazines are made from state of the art fiber filled polymer and offer exceptional strength and longevity. They have a classic black finish, with witness holes at 10, 20, and 30 rounds for easy monitoring of remaining rounds, providing essential functionality for every shooter.

Made in the USA, and come with a limited lifetime warranty from Global Ordnance.

Global Ordnance is the official importer of Grand Power the Stribog, and has developed these magazines using their experience and feedback from end users.

Features:

Enhanced feed angle to ensure reliable feeding of hollow points & flat nose rounds.

https://dkfirearms.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/07/Global-Ordnance-Stribog-9mm-30-Round-Magazine.webp
View Quote

$40

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope these are successful and I hope they actually changed the follower design and not just the color. I run MP5 mags so I dont want to hear people crying about the price of these if they are actually good lol!
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 10:08:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Those mags look very, very similar to PSA AKV mags, which run 100% for me, including defense ammo in my Stribog.
Bet these will be considerably better than the previous OEM mags.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 6:03:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kabob] [#8]
So I've been doing some research on the stribog A3 varient.
I'm really digging the design of the Stribog, and I'm thinking about selling my Scorpion to get one.
Can anyone confirm or deny if Grand Power has gotten the bugs worked out of this platform?
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 7:24:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: criley] [#9]
Originally Posted By daemon734:

If you can literally see it from the outside of the gun it's exposed during operation.  Any material whatsoever that gets in there is going to stop it from operation.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By daemon734:
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Look nobody is denying the little exposed wire is a weak spot.  In my experience, it is a weak spot during maintenance.  It's not an exposed part in operation amd not at risk of failure in usage.  

If you can literally see it from the outside of the gun it's exposed during operation.  Any material whatsoever that gets in there is going to stop it from operation.

@daemon734

Do you know if the Glock mag version of the Stribog has this same exposed wire/lrbho that the other versions have?
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Which a3 model takes the curved mags from the factory? Just the s?
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 4:42:06 PM EDT
[#11]
All the 9mm variants take the curved mags.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By jsprad:
All the 9mm variants take the curved mags.
View Quote

Incorrect as the “G” models will only accept Glock mags.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm looking at snagging an a3. Have the early issues been ironed out? I don't really trust reddit too much
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Just purchased a sp10a3.
Prolly been beaten to death but, what's the preferred muzzle device?
9/16 24 isn't as easy to find.
The threw hole won't be an issue.
I'll just drill it bigger.
Thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#16]
What mags do the 10mm use? Proprietary? Also, does anyone know if a Glock mag lower will be available for the 10mm? I have a bunch of 10mm Glock mags.

Thanks

James
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:38:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evintos] [#17]
Originally Posted By Iwantfullauto:
What mags do the 10mm use? Proprietary? Also, does anyone know if a Glock mag lower will be available for the 10mm? I have a bunch of 10mm Glock mags.

Thanks

James
View Quote

10mm UMP mags (around $140 each). You can modify UMP40 mags by removing the spine/ridge that the mag follower rides along to fit the longer 10mm OAL cartridge, but it ain't worth the trouble, unless you have a constrained budget.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#18]
As far as ar large Glock mag lowers go, I haven't looked for a 100% lower.
I have an 80% hoarded away to do someday.
There used to be 3 or so manufacturers that offered them though.
An ar large Glock mag lower will or should take 10mm magazines as well as 45aarp mags.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Any recommended/required upgrades for the SP45A3?  Have one on the way and looking for what else it might need.  I’ve heard of possible issues with the factory mags,  but I have HK UMP and LWRC SMG-45 mags that I can use if the factory ones won’t work.
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I just picked one up, I don’t think it needs any upgrades.

I threw a 3 lug on it for a can, very soft shooting.  Accuracy is very good. The mags it came with are ok, for the SP45, no problems.  I have an TMP, mags are from HKPARTS, they are tight in the sp45, but flawless function.   The sp45 mags didn’t do so hot in the TMP though.  

I like it better than the TMP, and it’s cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#21]
I didn't care for the trigger in mine, so swapped in this one: PSA Trigger

If you do swap in a new trigger be careful to not lose the two springs on the safety detent paddle things.  If you lose one of the springs (or paddles), MCARBO has replacements.  Ask me how I know.

Link Posted: 9/20/2024 8:06:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: willi3d] [#22]
Picked up my SP45A3 today.  Looks very nice.  Have to get a QD low mount for the unused Holosun 515 I have laying around.  It only has a AR cowitness height mount currently, and that’s way too high for me.  Speaking of sights, I really don’t think the “iron sights” they are using on 10mm and 45 are usable for me.  There is a channel that runs down the center of the top rail with a small post at front and a narrow notch on the middle rail segment.  Very small and not sure why the rear sight is in the middle instead of the rear.  They should have stuck with the flip ups on the 9mm versions.

Anyone know if HBI is working on a a bigger paddle mag release?

Agree the trigger needs help.  Will have to see if the Larue MBT works in it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone using the Manticore Arms safety levers?  Seem a little cheaper and I like their selection of different levers compared to the HBI set.
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 1:24:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: willi3d] [#24]
Anyone have an updated imported parts count for the Stribog, specifically the SP45A3 (I suspect the SP10A3) would be identical.  The lists I’ve seen have some confusing items to me.

Some say that the poly lower/pistol grip also counts as a trigger housing.  I disagree because the trigger components are housed in removable frame, so I think it has a separate trigger housing.

Some people seem to count the thread protector as a muzzle device.  I always thought that a TP doesn’t count because it doesn’t do anything with regards to gun function or performance, unlike a brake or flash hider.  I don’t see the gun as having a muzzle attachment.

Bolt and bolt carrier.  I understand that the 9mm bolt is actually two parts, the lower bolt section and the upper section that works as a guide rod.  The SP45 bolt appears to be one piece, with the upper and lower part machined out of a single piece of metal.  The only separate part is the top front section, which is attached by the roller pin that provides the delay.  That forward section doesn’t seem like a “carrier”

Like to see what I need to use a non-US stock.  Since the Stribog doesn’t come with a stock, if you add a foreign made stock it adds an imported part.  Replacing the FCG is easy enough and gives you three parts, and using US made UMP mags is another three parts, so I’m sure that’s enough.  But I still want to use the factory 20 round mags, but I think I can only get two parts out of those.  US UMP floor plates seem to work, but followers may need to be modified.
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By willi3d:
Anyone have an updated imported parts count for the Stribog, specifically the SP45A3 (I suspect the SP10A3) would be identical.  The lists I’ve seen have some confusing items to me.

Some say that the poly lower/pistol grip also counts as a trigger housing.  I disagree because the trigger components are housed in removable serial numbered frame, so I think it has a separate trigger housing.

Some people seem to count the thread protector as a muzzle device.  I always thought that a TP doesn’t count because it doesn’t do anything with regards to gun function or performance, unlike a brake or flash hider.  I don’t see the gun as having a muzzle attachment.

Bolt and bolt carrier.  I understand that the 9mm bolt is actually two parts, the lower bolt section and the upper section that works as a guide rod.  The SP45 bolt appears to be one piece, with the upper and lower part machined out of a single piece of metal.  The only separate part is the top front section, which is attached by the roller pin that provides the delay.  That forward section doesn’t seem like a “carrier”

Like to see what I need to use a non-US stock.  Since the Stribog doesn’t come with a stock, if you add a foreign made stock it adds an imported part.  Replacing the FCG is easy enough and gives you three parts, and using US made UMP mags is another three parts, so I’m sure that’s enough.  But I still want to use the factory 20 round mags, but I think I can only get two parts out of those.  US UMP floor plates seem to work, but followers may need to be modified.
View Quote

Are the 10mm/45 different from the 9mm in serial number configuration? The upper is the serial numbered part on my SBRed 9mm Stribog. I have an A3 Tactical Aluminum Scorpion lower with an AR trigger in it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 8:02:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: willi3d] [#26]
Originally Posted By hoothrewpoo:

Are the 10mm/45 different from the 9mm in serial number configuration? The upper is the serial numbered part on my SBRed 9mm Stribog. I have an A3 Tactical Aluminum Scorpion lower with an AR trigger in it.
View Quote

No, it’s the same on the on the serial numbers.  The upper is the official receiver for US purposes.  But, like many European guns, there are serial numbers all over the gun.  Barrel, bolt, lower, and upper.

My bad.  There is a serial number plate embedded in the polymer lower.  It’s not on the removable trigger housing
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Any more range reports or accuracy reports for the 10mm guns?

Or 9mm for that matter?

I've been on the fence on these for a long time, if the issues are mostly worked out at this point I might pick one up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SpacemanSpiff:

Or 9mm for that matter?

I've been on the fence on these for a long time, if the issues are mostly worked out at this point I might pick one up.
View Quote

Wasn’t aware they ever had issues.
I always see people praise how good the accuracy is. No issues with mine.
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SpacemanSpiff:

Or 9mm for that matter?

View Quote

zero issues with mine with the factory lower and scorpion mag lower.
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#30]
New member here.  Just received a Stribog .45 last week.  It came with the SB brace.  Took it to the range with the 3 GP magazines and 2 HKP mags.  Shot 230 rounds of Sellier and Bellot 230 gr. FMJ, supposedly loaded to 830 FPS.  The HKP mags ran flawlessly.  With the Stribog mags, I had 7 FTF with one mag, 1 FTF with a second mag, and the 3rd ran fine.  No problems at all with FTE on any mags.  Looks like I may buy more HKP mags.

Installed a set of F.A.B. Defense flip up sights for breaking the gun in.  They worked fine but I will probably forego the plastic sights for a set of Sig metal flip-ups.  Optical sight later.  Once dialed in the gun is accurate.  Three shot groups at 25 yards usually had 2 holes touching and the third just outside.  Firing at an 8 inch metal plate hanging at 100 yards I made hits about half the time just using hold over with the open sights.  Can't be sure if I was hitting the gongs or the metal frame they hung from.

Rapid firing a couple of 25 round mags will heat up the forearm a bit.  Didn't get too hot to handle but I wonder what a full auto model would do.  The brace is a little short for me and I'm not tall at 5'8".  I may make it an SBR.  Don't mind the tax, just not a fan of big brother.

All in all I like the weapon.  I'll probably be making a few mods to get it up to my standards, but it's a keeper.
Link Posted: 10/12/2024 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#31]
atm?I have a SPA1 and love the look of the straight mags. What are th best straight mags out i can get
Link Posted: 10/12/2024 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Anybody got any good velocity #'s from the SP10A3 with quality 10mm ammo like Underwood?  
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 11:29:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#33]
Originally Posted By Evintos:

Features:

https://dkfirearms.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/07/Global-Ordnance-Stribog-9mm-30-Round-Magazine.webp
View Quote

I'm on the fence between a GHM9 and Sp9A3. I was planning on a lingle scorpion lower for either but I wonder if I should wait on that and see what these are about if I get the Stribog? I have a ton of akv mags already though.

Edit
At $40 a mag I'll just grab a scorpion lower.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Had the SP9A3 for a few years, thought the big brother would be a good addition.
Couple hundred rounds through it so far with the factory magazines, two stoppages with 230gr ball ammo. Waiting on the Form1 to come back so I can get a folding stock to finalize "the UMP we have at home".

Attachment Attached File
Page / 75
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top