Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 154
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By RobertHode:
Wear any gear you want, anywhere you want.
I "train" at work and "play" at the range. I wear a "war belt" when I "play" at the range. I'm not training for war or anything else, I'm just playing.
Its sole purpose to me is to carry a side arm and magazines from stage to stage while I'm playing. I have no use for it other than that.
If I or someone gets injured at the range, I or someone else can walk 10 feet and get my first aid kit (I'm not sure what you guys are calling it) and do what needs to be done.
I have never seen a kit carried on a belt in any shooting sport I'm aware of, so I was wondering why it seemed to be standard issue on a "war belt" not being used in a war.
If I was "over the top" in wondering why this was so, it might just be you are a little thin skinned about responding with more than just "because they can".
To me it REALLY ISN'T A BIG DEAL where and what you carry, but the responses I'm getting back are entertaining. I"m not attacking you or your mother.

its just sad now... and you live in CA...lol
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 9:50:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RobertHode] [#2]
Originally Posted By sanders1128:
I can say for me, it's a must. My team is primarily a tactical woodland and tracking team. We have large areas of National Forest in our county and at times, we can find ourselves miles from the nearest road. Luckily I have never had to use it, but it is nice to know I have some means of stopping me from bleeding out if I were to suffer from any major medical issue, especially a gunshot wound. I don't see what the big deal is, if they want to carry it, and can, then my motto is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. While I understand your point of view, there are plenty of LEO teams that find themselves a long ways from immediate medical care, even here in good ole CONUS. Knowing someone can bleed out in minutes, I'd like to have some type of chance to slow that process so I can get adequate medical care and not be dead when they get there. Just my opinion.

I agree with you 100%. In your line of work with its varied and dynamic situations it would be dumb not to carry and know how to use first aid gear.
I have taught tactical medicine, so I am interested in what, where, and why people carry or do the things they do in different situations.
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I can say for me, it's a must. My team is primarily a tactical woodland and tracking team. We have large areas of National Forest in our county and at times, we can find ourselves miles from the nearest road. Luckily I have never had to use it, but it is nice to know I have some means of stopping me from bleeding out if I were to suffer from any major medical issue, especially a gunshot wound. I don't see what the big deal is, if they want to carry it, and can, then my motto is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. While I understand your point of view, there are plenty of LEO teams that find themselves a long ways from immediate medical care, even here in good ole CONUS. Knowing someone can bleed out in minutes, I'd like to have some type of chance to slow that process so I can get adequate medical care and not be dead when they get there. Just my opinion.

I agree with you 100%. In your line of work with its varied and dynamic situations it would be dumb not to carry and know how to use first aid gear.
I have taught tactical medicine, so I am interested in what, where, and why people carry or do the things they do in different situations.
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By rksonex:
I "train" at work and "play" at the range. I wear a "war belt" when I "play" at the range. I'm not training for war or anything else, I'm just playing.
Its sole purpose to me is to carry a side arm and magazines from stage to stage while I'm playing. I have no use for it other than that.
If I or someone gets injured at the range, I or someone else can walk 10 feet and get my first aid kit (I'm not sure what you guys are calling it) and do what needs to be done.
I have never seen a kit carried on a belt in any shooting sport I'm aware of, so I was wondering why it seemed to be standard issue on a "war belt" not being used in a war.
If I was "over the top" in wondering why this was so, it might just be you are a little thin skinned about responding with more than just "because they can".
To me it REALLY ISN'T A BIG DEAL where and what you carry, but the responses I'm getting back are entertaining. I"m not attacking you or your mother.

Don't interrupt while adults are talking.
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#5]

I have tought tactical medicine, so I am interested in what, where, and why people carry or do the things they do in different situations.

I think most guys on here are true go getters and don't necessarily "play" at the range. When I go to the range, It's always about life or death. Because if I need my gun, It's a life or death situation and I train that way. I also believe most people carry IFAK's on them for the simple reason they are meant to be used ON you, not BY you. If I take a hit, I don't want folks scrambling trying to find an IFAK. It's all on me, use mine.
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Sanders, nice set up and a little known bit of information about the National Forests.  The meth labs have moved out to the forest to avoid detection, confication.  I lead a group of Jeepers out on a trail ride and it lead right through a cookers lab.  We cleared the area and I called the local sheriff's office that contacted me from their helo team and was able to direct them in on the cooker.  He was still there.  Guess he did not think a bunch of Jeepers were a problem for him.
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 10:05:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Merc69:
Sanders, nice set up and a little known bit of information about the National Forests.  The meth labs have moved out to the forest to avoid detection, confication.  I lead a group of Jeepers out on a trail ride and it lead right through a cookers lab.  We cleared the area and I called the local sheriff's office that contacted me from their helo team and was able to direct them in on the cooker.  He was still there.  Guess he did not think a bunch of Jeepers were a problem for him.

Thank you and yes, that is a big reason for my team now. My agency is very progressive and forward thinking and we regularly conduct patrols looking for meth labs, marijuana grows etc. It is definitely a nice perk to my job, now if I could just get them to agree we need to be a full time team.

We found a spot a couple weeks ago where we caught one guy and found 87 separate labs, some old some new, but all dangerous none the less. We are very fortunate in that we are very close to a local National Guard training base and get lots of training there. They have a training academy, which is run by 20th SOF guys and they teach classes to active LEO. Lots of great training and it's free.
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By rksonex:

Don't interrupt while adults are talking.

Link Posted: 6/25/2013 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Left to right:

Emdom MM CM belt
Single pistol taco
Single pistol and single rifle tacos ( I weaved them together into a double cause I had them already and was too cheap to buy a double decker)
Maxpedition rolly poly
HSGI bleeder with Izzy, z fold quick clot, and TQ
HSGI UDHP SKD version with Safariland 6280 for G23, and a Leaterman MUT mounted on it

Streamlight ProTac 2L and Buck pocket knife are EDC and I can get to both with this on.

Probably am going to add one more single rifle taco so I can weave my lonely pistol taco onto it.

For Robert:
I weare this hunting deer and coyote.  Our farm is over 400 acres a half hour from a hospital and with no roads on the land, I can be a 20-30 minute walk from the road at any given time.  My AR goes with me in an Eberlestock every time I go out due to the meth cookers trying to move in.  Couple that with the fact that I hunt alone and my Dad negligently seperated his hand from his arm with a contact blast from a 12 gauge on that very property 25 years ago, and that, sir, is why I go NOWHERE without at least a bleeder kit.  Plus, like others have said, it weighs ounces.  Why the hell not?
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By crmiller84:
my Dad negligently seperated his hand from his arm with a contact blast from a 12 gauge on that very property 25 years ago, and that, sir, is why I go NOWHERE without at least a bleeder kit.  

Holy Fuck
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#11]
You seem to not understand what I was saying.
The context of my question is that most, not all, people talking about their belts are at a public range when using them.

If you're in a combat zone, carry a first aid kit on you at all times.
If you're at a public shooting range, having a first aid kit kept near you in a range bag should be fine. If you want to carry it on your person (war belt, chest rig) that's fine too, but it seems excessive IMHO.
If you're out in the desert alone or with someone else, have it where you can get it if needed.

As far as when and how to use medical gear, unless you're a combat medic or ER doc, be careful debating me or you may end up looking foolish.
I gave my background  as a foundation for my opinion. If you think it has no bearing on forming my opinion on the carrying and use of medical gear then...

I don't carry a water bottle on my belt either, it's 10 feet away in my range bag. If I'm hiking around, then I carry it on me.  It's incident driven. It doesn't mean that I don't think drinking water isn't important.

People shoot other people on accident sometimes. That's why some of us wear armor to class or the public range.  Accidents happen.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#12]

G19.2 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 3:39:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RobertHode] [#13]
"People shoot other people on accident sometimes. That's why some of us wear armor to class or the public range.  Accidents happen."

If I felt a class or public range was so unsafe that I needed to wear armor, I would not go to that class or public range.

Link Posted: 6/25/2013 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#14]
"People shoot other people on accident sometimes. That's why some of us wear armor to class or the public range.  Accidents happen."

If I felt a class or public range was so unsafe that I needed to wear armor, I would not go to that class or public range.

I would suggest stop using your feelings, and start using your  brain.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DRhodes:

I don't understand your response.
If a location really is dangerous enough that you need body armor, and you have a choice to go or not to go to that location, logic would say don't go. Seems pretty straight forward to me.
I wear body armor at work, but I don't have the choice to not go into certain situations.

Link Posted: 6/25/2013 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#16]

If a location really is dangerous enough that you need body armor, and you have a choice to go or not to go to that location, logic would say don't go. Seems pretty straight forward to me.
I wear body armor at work, but I don't have the choice to not go into certain situations.

Okay, now I have to say something. It's not about feeling safe somewhere. Anywhere where people are discharging guns (each bullet could be a life taker) and where you do not know the type of folks there or their training level, I would most definitely wear armor. It only takes a millisecond for someone to have an accident and you are on the way to the hospital, or worse, the morgue is coming to get you. You really do need to start using your brain a little. I am a firearms instructor for my agency and in that capacity, I also teach a concealed weapons training class for my agency. I take people most of whom I have never met to the range during each class and while I don't necessarily feel unsafe, I do realize it only takes a half a second for someone to turn around with their gun in their hand and accidentally shoot me. I would rather wear my armor, which I do, than risk the Sheriff knocking on my wife's door.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Stop feeding the troll guys. Leave him be.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By clharr:

Maby there should be a thread started on mr.troll here.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Okay, now I have to say something. It's not about feeling safe somewhere. Anywhere where people are discharging guns (each bullet could be a life taker) and where you do not know the type of folks there or their training level, I would most definitely wear armor. It only takes a millisecond for someone to have an accident and you are on the way to the hospital, or worse, the morgue is coming to get you. You really do need to start using your brain a little. I am a firearms instructor for my agency and in that capacity, I also teach a concealed weapons training class for my agency. I take people most of whom I have never met to the range during each class and while I don't necessarily feel unsafe, I do realize it only takes a half a second for someone to turn around with their gun in their hand and accidentally shoot me. I would rather wear my armor, which I do, than risk the Sheriff knocking on my wife's door.

What's the average yearly number of shootings at the ranges you shoot at? Let me guess...just about none.  Yea, they occur here and there, but are very rare. If they weren't rare the NRA which provides insurance to most public ranges would shut the bad ones down.
If it's your job to be around people with guns and you want to wear armor or your department requires it, that makes total sense.

If someone really feels that a range is so dangerous and out of control (which they aren't) that he needs armor (which he doesn't), and still chooses to go there when he has the option not to, then he's a fool.
More people are shot at random in public than at a range. Do you wear armor in public where the odds are greater of getting shot?

Again if ranges are so scary, back it up with some data.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#20]

What's the average yearly number of shootings at the ranges you shoot at? Let me guess...just about none.  Yea, they occur here and there, but are very rare. If they weren't rare the NRA which provides insurance to most public ranges would shut the bad ones down.
If it's your job to be around people with guns and you want to wear armor or your department requires it, that makes total sense.

If someone really feels that a range is so dangerous and out of control (which they aren't) that he needs armor (which he doesn't), and still chooses to go there when he has the option not to, then he's a fool.
More people are shot at random in public than at a range. Do you wear armor in public where the odds are greater of getting shot?

I really don't see the big deal here.  We can argue this shit back and forth.  How many people wear seatbelts that have never been in car accidents?  A crapload.  How many people carry concealed (legally), and have never had to use their guns?  A crapload.  Fire extinguishers, helmets, etc etc etc......

If someone wants to take extra precautions to ensure life safety, far be it from me to give him crap for it.

Lets get back on topic

Link Posted: 6/25/2013 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#21]

You want to play that game?

Okay - go to google and input "robbery at gun range"

Seriously. This is a gear whore thread. Most folks here have a gear habit, and they like putting together a bunch of kit whether they may actually "need" it or not.

Your argument is the same one that people use to argue about guns. "If that place is so scary you think you need a gun to go there, just don't go there at all". Blah blah blah.

I carry a TQ on my duty gear, and one in my POV. I have put TQ's on two people - one who shot himself at the range during a competition, and the other who punched his artery while trying to kick start a dirt bike.

Shit happens. TQ's are easy to use and can save a life. If you don't like it, kindly STFU and go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By DoctorNo:

You want to play that game?

Okay - go to google and input "robbery at gun range"

Seriously. This is a gear whore thread. Most folks here have a gear habit, and they like putting together a bunch of kit whether they may actually "need" it or not.

Your argument is the same one that people use to argue about guns. "If that place is so scary you think you need a gun to go there, just don't go there at all". Blah blah blah.

I carry a TQ on my duty gear, and one in my POV. I have put TQ's on two people - one who shot himself at the range during a competition, and the other who punched his artery while trying to kick start a dirt bike.

Shit happens. TQ's are easy to use and can save a life. If you don't like it, kindly STFU and go elsewhere.

DoctorNo

THANK YOU
You are the first person to respond with a no bullshit, honest, up front answer and comments.

People who like to have nice kit just need to say so and not come up all of these b.s. excuses for what they do.

I respect people who back up what they say and don't just whine if you disagree with them.  I like a good debate and respect people who can argue their case even if I disagree with them.

I've enjoyed my trip down the rabbit hole, and now I'm going back to the real world
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#23]

By troll are you referring to rksonex, he seems to be the only one trolling.

Robert has an opinion and is stating it, there are counter opinions presented and a conversation forms. I've enjoyed reading the past 1 1/2 pages. I don't agree with him that it's "overkill", but I see where he is coming from.

Robert, if you were to take a round at a public range, how many people know where your First aid kit is? How many other shooters do you think also have a First aid kit in their bags?
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JoelAC89:

By troll are you referring to rksonex, he seems to be the only one trolling.

Robert has an opinion and is stating it, there are counter opinions presented and a conversation forms. I've enjoyed reading the past 1 1/2 pages. I don't agree with him that it's "overkill", but I see where he is coming from.

Robert, if you were to take a round at a public range, how many people know where your First aid kit is? How many other shooters do you think also have a First aid kit in their bags?

I'm referring to all those who are taking this thread in a negative direction as it usually gets the thread locked. I'm all for people having different opinions, view points and backgrounds as that is how information and knowledge is shared. What I am not for is someone coming here just to illicit a negative response.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Proof from my assertion 2 pages ago
Rampart Range wasn't out of control before this IMHO
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#26]
You are the first person to respond with a no bullshit, honest, up front answer and comments.

People who like to have nice kit just need to say so and not come up all of these b.s. excuses for what they do.

I respect people who back up what they say and don't just whine if you disagree with them.  I like a good debate and respect people who can argue their case even if I disagree with them.

I've enjoyed my trip down the rabbit hole, and now I'm going back to the real world

Meh. Are you trolling airsoft sites too to call them out as posers? Seems like a waste of time.  Quit fucking with this thread, please.
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#27]
What DrNo said..this is a picture thread....post pictures or STFU and GTFO
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#28]

I understand where you are coming from and arent really offended but this is what we call a tech forum. The threads to question peoples lack of judgment and be controversial is over at General Discussion.  This thread is mainly about pics and showing off our gear.

Some of us are gear junkies just because, some of us actually use the stuff in our dailiy living in the military, etc.  Some of us have the idea that SHTF is never that far away in our society as it is today.  We roll with "better to have it and not need it..." principle.  Is some of it overblown and weekend warrior stuff... probably.  Is there anything wrong with it?  No  .  

When I build mine I intend to mount a full FAK, because it will be my "1st line" as in the first thing I got to in case of an emergency.  

Youre new and sounds liek you dont frequent forums liek this very often.  We have a pretty good sense of humor here and most stuff in the non tech forums is very tongue in cheek.  Live and let live.  I hope you stick with our forum and learn from the VAST wide array of people and knowledge on here.  

I learn something new everyday here.  Hope you stick around and enjoy.  Just dont keep pissing on our little bowls of cheerios.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Tag for belt to arrive Weds.

Link Posted: 7/10/2013 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#30]
With regard to the HSGI Batle Belt, how does one mount a holster directly to the inner belt? I'm debating between this and the VTAC Brokos Belt but the price might push me to the HSGI. Especially if it can mount directly to the inner belt.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SuperMoose:
With regard to the HSGI Batle Belt, how does one mount a holster directly to the inner belt? I'm debating between this and the VTAC Brokos Belt but the price might push me to the HSGI. Especially if it can mount directly to the inner belt.

There is a gap in the bottom of the war belt that allows access to the inner belt on both sides as well as the back of the belt. Usually have to use a slight drop loop like the Safariland UBL, but you'll want that anyway because of how the belt rides.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 9:42:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jcast141:

There is a gap in the bottom of the war belt that allows access to the inner belt on both sides as well as the back of the belt. Usually have to use a slight drop loop like the Safariland UBL, but you'll want that anyway because of how the belt rides.

Now can you use that Safariland Piece or say a RTI G-Code Hanger to mount a custom kydex holster?
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Now can you use that Safariland Piece or say a RTI G-Code Hanger to mount a custom kydex holster?

Yup. Just need the mate for the RTI on said custom kydex holster
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By smithc6:

Is one preferable over the other (Safariland vs. RTI)?
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#35]

If you run multiple pistols then RTI is the way to go. If you one run one pistol then safariland would be just fine.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 4DAIVIPAI2K5:

If you run multiple pistols then RTI is the way to go. If you one run one pistol then safariland would be just fine.

Ok, thanks. I usually run my P30 but I have a P30L and a P2000. The nice thing is all 3 fit into a P30L holster. I need to get one made that has a light attachment slot though.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 11:54:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rksonex] [#37]

+1 for the RTI and if you need a good odd ball holster OTG makes great RTI holsters.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#38]

I only run the one gun with my Safariland, but because I use the same holster on different setups I have their QLS setup that allows you to clip/un-clip the holster from the mount and do essentially the same as the RTI mount.

All comes down to personal preference and the fact I already had the Safariland holster.

Link Posted: 7/10/2013 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Im at a conundrum.  Belt here today, the next thing to get would be holster and tacos.  I know setup is personal preference, but anyone else here cross dominant and have a belt?  I shoot my pistol right handed but my rifle left handed and Im trying to figure where to put my rifle mag tacos.  Behind the holster? Ideas?  Anyone with experience in this area run different setups?
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Im at a conundrum.  Belt here today, the next thing to get would be holster and tacos.  I know setup is personal preference, but anyone else here cross dominant and have a belt?  I shoot my pistol right handed but my rifle left handed and Im trying to figure where to put my rifle mag tacos.  Behind the holster? Ideas?  Anyone with experience in this area run different setups?

What size are you? I bet with a 36" or + you could stick two rifle TACOs on the belt in front of the pistol, run the pistol more at the 4 o'clock or 4:30
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

What size are you? I bet with a 36" or + you could stick two rifle TACOs on the belt in front of the pistol, run the pistol more at the 4 o'clock or 4:30

I got the Large HSGI SP belt and the cobra riggers that goes with that size.  My waist is 35-36"
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

I got the Large HSGI SP belt and the cobra riggers that goes with that size.  My waist is 35-36"

Try it out, I bet it'll work fine
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#43]

I only run the one gun with my Safariland, but because I use the same holster on different setups I have their QLS setup that allows you to clip/un-clip the holster from the mount and do essentially the same as the RTI mount.

All comes down to personal preference and the fact I already had the Safariland holster.

This is how mine is set up.  I have multiple holsters based on type of pistol, but can change them around quickly with the QLS.  Wife has same on her belt, really nice feature.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Ok, thanks. I usually run my P30 but I have a P30L and a P2000. The nice thing is all 3 fit into a P30L holster. I need to get one made that has a light attachment slot though.

We have similar problems. Unfortunately noone really makes a good rig for this. Blade tech will make a retention rig for the P30 with a light, which is what I ended up going with. Custom kydex is another option, but you will most likely not get retention, if that's important.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 12:12:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bettercallsaul] [#45]
I just ordered a First Spear Strandhogg MBAV carrier. I'm wondering if I will even need a war belt.

With the real estate on the Strandhogg, I can easily fit my pistol (chest mount), 3-6 rifle mags, 4-8 pistol mags, knife, hydration, and a few extras.

I am not against having a war belt, I'm just looking for someone to give me another way of looking at it. I typically don't like anything dangling around my hips/thighs, especially for running and going prone. Is there anything worth keeping on a war belt that would be streamlined enough that I wouldn't really notice it? If I can increase my loadout capacity without adding too much stuff, it might be worth me getting one. Drop down leg holsters are the type of thing I can't stand. Nothing against those who use them.

Keep in mind this gear I am putting together is strictly for training and WROL scenario.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 12:38:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bettercallsaul:
I just ordered a First Spear Strandhogg MBAV carrier. I'm wondering if I will even need a war belt.

With the real estate on the Strandhogg, I can easily fit my pistol (chest mount), 3-6 rifle mags, 4-8 pistol mags, knife, hydration, and a few extras.

I am not against having a war belt, I'm just looking for someone to give me another way of looking at it. I typically don't like anything dangling around my hips/thighs, especially for running and going prone. Is there anything worth keeping on a war belt that would be streamlined enough that I wouldn't really notice it? If I can increase my loadout capacity without adding too much stuff, it might be worth me getting one. Drop down leg holsters are the type of thing I can't stand. Nothing against those who use them.

Keep in mind this gear I am putting together is strictly for training and WROL scenario.

Imagine going prone with that setup.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 1:03:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#47]

IMHO, you're going the wrong direction. You're putting too much weight on your shoulders and none on your hips. Going prone will suck more with 6 mags on your chest. It's easier to reload from a belt. 8 pistol mags is retarded. 1 in the gun 0-1 on the vest, 1-2 on the belt. All others are in the ruck/truck. And for the weight of a double stack 9mm, you could have 28rnds of 556.
Fixed blade (if at all) goes on the warbelt. "extras" go on the belt or the ruck.
Get a safariland or G-code holster and have a few inches of drop without a dropleg

ETA: are those things really $400? Fuck me running!
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 11:51:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bettercallsaul] [#48]
I'm already comfortable with my plate carrier set up, and how my gear is configured.

Is there anything else I can carry on a war belt that would make it worth owning one, if I already carry my primary and secondary systems on my vest (comfortably)?

I'm not bashing war belts or the people who use them.

Many don't, and I wouldn't say they are doing something wrong, or that they are heading in the wrong direction. I hope you guys understand my query now.

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm already comfortable with my plate carrier set up, and am not looking for tips on how to configure my gear.

Here was my actual question, again:

Is there anything else I can carry on a war belt that would make it worth owning one, if I already carry my primary and secondary systems on my vest (comfortably)?

Yes, we've already told you there is a lot of shit on your plate carrier.  Some of that has marginal utility at best, especially on a plate carrier.  If you don't like the responses, don't ask.

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By sweatpants:
I'm already comfortable with my plate carrier set up, and am not looking for tips on how to configure my gear.

Here was my actual question, again:

Yes, we've already told you there is a lot of shit on your plate carrier.  Some of that has marginal utility at best, especially on a plate carrier.  If you don't like the responses, don't ask.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-lOEal2r9uYk/UR3OLjMVVFI/AAAAAAAADRg/nhbX6xFCj14/w1298-h865-no/IMG_2928.JPG

Did you move away from the multicam?
Page / 154
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top