Link Posted: 1/31/2014 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dpmmn:

Good Morning!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Took the words right out of my mouth Terry, it's been a LONG week!

Excited to have NO plans, commitments or errands this Super Bowl weekend.  Catching up on some much needed sleep, loving on my little boys & house chores is all that is on the agenda.

Ben, had to google pho soup, I'd give it a go; hope it was delicious.

Terry, do you get to see your little princess over the weekend?  Rest of Sa/oU crew have exciting plans?  MissB must live vicariously through others that have titillating excitement going on…..

Off to earn a living, hugs from here!

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Aiden, how is Steve today?  Hope the swelling has gone down?
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm here!!!

Did ya'll start the party without me????
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By NoVaRight:

I'm here!!!

View Quote

Nice to see you!!!

Still plenty of room @ the bar, what's your beverage of choice?

MissB
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Pick me, pick me. Oh it's not a real contest.

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks to the "Lets hear your voices, Arfcom" thread, and me trying to figure out how to microphone, I realized that I'm way stupider than I previously thought.

So I'm gonna take a seat over here.

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#10]
It's going to be a busy night tonight. Please do not eat the Crayons.

It's a new box.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

Thanks to the "Lets hear your voices, Arfcom" thread, and me trying to figure out how to microphone, I realized that I'm way stupider than I previously thought.

So I'm gonna take a seat over here.

View Quote

GREAT thread, still haven't heard your NY/Southern accent voice...

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 6:10:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#12]
Originally Posted By Mauser1:
It's going to be a busy night tonight. Please do not eat the Crayons.

It's a new box.
View Quote

The silly putty isn't bad. The play dough tasted like hand sweat.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MissBheaven:
Took the words right out of my mouth Terry, it's been a LONG week!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/CommentCrazyGirl/Smileys%20Hello%20Wave/Week%20Days/TGIFmotes.gif

Excited to have NO plans, commitments or errands this Super Bowl weekend.  Catching up on some much needed sleep, loving on my little boys & house chores is all that is on the agenda.

Ben, had to google pho soup, I'd give it a go; hope it was delicious. http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Decor%20Smileys/Food%20Smileys/smiley_emoticons_teeschale.gif

Terry, do you get to see your little princess over the weekend? Rest of Sa/oU crew have exciting plans?  MissB must live vicariously through others that have titillating excitement going on…..

Off to earn a living, hugs from here! http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq106/Selina_catz/emoticons/hug/_pophug2__by_Zappe_by_The_Emoticon_Club.gif

View Quote

Doubtful. Been some unsettling developments over the past week. Can't really go into them here, hit me up later and I will fill you in.

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Nice to see you!!!

MissB
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoVaRight:
I'm here!!!

Nice to see you!!!

MissB

Give me some time. I'm still pissing off people in various threads.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Need your opinions Sa/oU
crew.  MissB has found a Para 1911
in 9mm, could use your wisdom on whether or not to fo?
Sly has a good grasp on the current market & Terry has experience with Para’s.
M1, Ohio, Hellbent & Dpmmn would also love to hear your thoughts along with anyone else that wishes to chime in?

"Just back from Para USA where
it received a factory upgrade to the extractor. With very few rounds fired and
now cleaned, lubed, adjusted, and upgraded by the manufacturer, this is
probably as close to new as a used pistol can be."

Comes with Beautiful Wooden
Para Grips, Two Para Mags, Case, Manual, and Bushing Wrench.

Includes the following Custom
Features for $699

* Reliability and trigger job
by Tony Barnes of Brownells

* Fiber Optic Sights (front and
rear, with dovetails cut and sighting-in also by Tony)

Optional Extras

* Three Wilson Combat 9-Round
Magazines - $120 value (five mags total)

* Crimson Trace Laser Grips -
$300 value  

* Total value of extras = $420, but purchased with Para add $300 to
price

Looking
at Para's for many months, the market is flooded with .45 for real low
prices.  The 9mm seem to be few & far between. (except the Hog's
which don't turn me on)

Would be greatly appreciative of any & ALL opinions even if it's go buy a Glock.

MissB

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By TerryC:
Doubtful. Been some unsettling developments over the past week. Can't really go into them here, hit me up later and I will fill you in.

View All Quotes

Terry, do you get to see your little princess over the weekend?

Poked & sent you message on FB.

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Only stupid and/or unpopular members post here!
View Quote

I just changed by state of residence to Colorado. How much more stupid or unpopular can you get than that?
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By axl:
I just changed by state of residence to Colorado. How much more stupid or unpopular can you get than that?
View All Quotes

You have my condolences Sir. Spent considerable time out West, my mum lived in Wyoming for 25 years; really love Estes Park, doesn't get more beautiful.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 7:48:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#19]
Geebus! What's with pulling a gun out in front of a bus full of Velcro wearing window lickers?  

I like 9mm enough.  It's just.  . . I can't accept a 1911 9mm. (This is from a Glock guy)  The advertisement showing it's been back to the factory and"upgraded" sounds like: "I've tried tweaking this damn thing to work and after swapping everything out, I sent it back to the mfg where they returned it to like new, and added an enhanced extractor because this model had been plagued with issues".

The only good thing about 9mm is lost on a service size single stack IMO.  (That being ultra high capacity) I don't know if a "commander"is service size, but it certainly isn't compact. I can't tell if it's a full size our commander.  . .

I guess there's no way around it dear.  If you want a 1911, get a .45. If you want a 9mm- get a Glock.

Now with that said,  If you want this particular pistol.  . . I'll support your decision and even find kind things to say about it.  If I have to.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Did I make it?
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By VRMN8R:
Did I make it?
View Quote

Like a BOSS.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 7:58:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#22]
Originally Posted By 1Bool:
Pick me, pick me. Oh it's not a real contest.  
View Quote

You're a winner here. You move to the front of the class.  Unfortunately, the toy box is kept here in the back of the room.  Here's where we point and laugh.   Just before the hugging takes place. Hey don't blame me, hugging was one of the other member's idea.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 8:33:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#23]
Sly, appreciate the Glock love & VALUE your opinion, THANK you!!!
For me 1 Glock 9mm is sufficient, on the other hand 1/2 dozen 1911's make for happy MissB.

(excuse potato pic, only 1 in PB of hand grenade)

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#24]
This might work for you. 1911 with alloy frame, lighter than your steel frame 1911's. 9mm a caliber you already have ammo for.
Spare top shelf mags and the Trace grips. If the grip fits your hand hun. I would say buy it. You have settled on a platform, 1911.
If double stack is too wide. I think you have made a wise choice. Anyone want to stand in front of her shooting it at you. I will pass on that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I like it.

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Doper scum....

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:
Geebus! What's with pulling a gun out in front of a bus full of Velcro wearing window lickers?  

I like 9mm enough.  It's just.  . . I can't accept a 1911 9mm. (This is from a Glock guy)  The advertisement showing it's been back to the factory and"upgraded" sounds like: "I've tried tweaking this damn thing to work and after swapping everything out, I sent it back to the mfg where they returned it to like new, and added an enhanced extractor because this model had been plagued with issues".

The only good thing about 9mm is lost on a service size single stack IMO.  (That being ultra high capacity) I don't know if a "commander"is service size, but it certainly isn't compact. I can't tell if it's a full size our commander.  . .

I guess there's no way around it dear.  If you want a 1911, get a .45. If you want a 9mm- get a Glock.

Now with that said,  If you want this particular pistol.  . . I'll support your decision and even find kind things to say about it.  If I have to.
View Quote

For that price I wouldn't touch it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Table Mesa road is about 20 minuets from the house. the video was from last March. It's Saturday let's get out there.
Good morning Sa/oU.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#29]
The sun is warm.  

My blanket is warmer.  

F that noise.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#30]
It rained all day.

It wasn't supposed to rain . . .

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 9:16:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Always grateful every week when Sunday rolls around Sa/oU friends.

Especially when it's Superbowl SUNDAY, go Denver!!!

Hugs from here folks.
ETA: watching Caddyshack, miss Rodney Dangerfield 1 of the best.

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 9:46:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#32]
Good morning.

In choosing our team,  it came down to Seattle or Denver since they're as close to hometown teams as we have here.  I can't share your enthusiasm Miss B.  Though I won't say I dislike Denver.  What it finally boiled down to is we 'd rather drive across Western Montana, the Idaho panhandle and arrive on the West Coast in the off chance that we could take in a game rather than to have to drive South from Sheridan Wyoming, across the nothingness of East WY only to arrive at Denver.  Which I've already visited a few times too many IMO.

I'm pretty new to the whole organized sports scene so I'm still rather reserved.  Ha!  For once in my life I'd find it apropos if the winning or losing team leaves the stadium and riots in the street.  Before heading westward to home!
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Well pardon me all to hell. Didn't mean to kill the thread.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:38:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryC] [#34]
Sorry, I was busy.

19.15 pounds of wheelweights (more than the labels show, but there were extra weights in a couple of the boxes) . . .

. . minus boxes, coatings, and clips, equals this . . .

. . 16.93 pounds of cleaned lead. Almost a pound more than my estimate, but most of these are 2 ounce weights so loss was minimal.

Also finished these and labeled them (the charge weight is on the other side) . . .

The problem with the Lee dippers is that they're never the right size. These were calibrated with my electronic scale, and throw much more consistently with flake powder than the Lee dippers (because they are wider and shallower). Top four are made from .40S&W cases, bottom two from .38 Special.

There will be more . . .

ETA: MissB is most likely glued to the TV. She loves her some football.

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:52:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#35]
Sly, NO killing of the Sa/oU thread; if so, we must let JC handle the dirty work..
Soft spot here for Denver as my mum lived in Cheyenne for 25 years so spent a decent amount of time out West during that time. Imagine M1 is also routing for Seattle as they are in his end of the country?  They seem to be off to a good start.
Decided to pass on the Para, concerned it's a little too much $.  Thank you all for voicing your opinions. <Glock lovers>
Terry, love your pics; learning more & more each day about ammo.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 8:06:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Cheyenne,  Wyoming is not germane to the subject.

The Gawd Damn Germans ain't got nothing to do with it!

Neither does Cheyenne. . . Why lump anything Wyoming with Colorado?

We're off to a good start.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Any issues or problems crop up. I have big shoulders and will be buried with what others have told me.

Is that a chip I see on your shoulder. I had one once and some nice soul gave me a pass. Will Im a phone # if you need it.

But this is not like you. If I might be so bold.

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 8:38:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#38]
Sorry, I was busy.

19.15 pounds of wheelweights (more than the labels show, but there were extra weights in a couple of the boxes) . . .

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/1606955_10202009900061912_666009115_n.jpg

. . minus boxes, coatings, and clips, equals this . . .

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1613794_10202009902701978_1125420163_n.jpg

. . 16.93 pounds of cleaned lead. Almost a pound more than my estimate, but most of these are 2 ounce weights so loss was minimal.

Also finished these and labeled them (the charge weight is on the other side) . . .

http://www.fototime.com/%7B1B586462-545E-4F69-91A1-D43BC68B1F4A%7D/origpict/dippers020214.jpg

The problem with the Lee dippers is that they're never the right size. These were calibrated with my electronic scale, and throw much more consistently with flake powder than the Lee dippers (because they are wider and shallower). Top four are made from .40S&W cases, bottom two from .38 Special.

There will be more . . .

ETA: MissB is most likely glued to the TV. She loves her some football. http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=60624

View Quote

Nice haul Terry. Lots of practise shooting there. You need a Dicount tire close by or hit up a truck stop.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Sly, you know I'm just a humble grasshopper at your feet?  

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 9:01:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryC] [#40]
Hmm . . . pondering.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 1:56:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Hmm . . . pondering. http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=60068
View Quote

Ponder if you will.  We all know who won the SB.

Now.  I shall owe our fair lady an IM filled with my assurance that all is well.

M1, good to talk with you.

For the rest. . . What's so bad about IM, texts or phone calls? Or the SEAHAWKS?
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 7:08:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Me, ponder football?

Not hardly. I give not two shits who wins ANY football game, up to and including the Superbowl.

I ponder things of a more meaningful nature, like whether I should post a pic of my ass in chaps . . .

(Yes, I'm wearing pants.)

Link Posted: 2/3/2014 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#43]
M1, my last melt was bigger, but it was all scrap weights and was a lot dirtier process, with a much higher percentage of weight lost to clips and trash.

Still, 42 pounds of weights yielded 34 pounds of ingots . . .

Link Posted: 2/3/2014 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#44]
For three in a arrow, morning hugs out to MissB. Happy Monday . . .

Link Posted: 2/3/2014 8:43:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Me, ponder football?

Not hardly. I give not two shits who wins ANY football game, up to and including the Superbowl.

I ponder things of a more meaningful nature, like whether I should post a pic of my ass in chaps . . .

(Yes, I'm wearing pants.)

View Quote

Well, I wasn't certain what you were pondering Terry.  You could have left me to wonder.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 9:20:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#46]
The only thing worse than Denver's game last night was the Coors beer that is exacting its revenge upon my poor little brain this morning.  A silver bullet would grant grace for my poor decision.   No, I don't regret the Seahawks being my team, but Coors being my choice in beverage last night.

Denver.  . . Colorado.  . . Colorado.  . . Pjoo.  . . Where is Pjoo!? I don't recall hearing from him in awhile?
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 9:55:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#47]
Good morning & happy Monday Sa/oU friends!!

Big congrats to & all their fans, they kicked some serious ass last night!

That nursery-baby QB Russell Wilson is barely weaned from breast feeding, didn't let the pressure get to him as well as the rest of the team.  Denver could not get past the defense & who doesn't love an big underdog win!!

Terry, YES, pic of your ass in chaps or it didn't happen….

Sly you know MissB loves you like syphilis loves a slut.

ETA: Pjoo, where are you?  Now that your not deployed, WTF does the Air Force do w/you?  Day hours on a base?  You are missed my friend!

Link Posted: 2/3/2014 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Good morning Sa/oU. I hope everyone is doing well. Someone sounds a bit hung over I see.

Terry, your right about scrap weights being a lot more dirty. Lots of road grime and rubber bits on them sometimes.
That's a smelly nasty job. But as long as they shoot. It's all good.

Good morning to MissB, I hope your day is going well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#49]
NOT SO LOUD.  ouch.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 10:56:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#50]
Next year I may move in with one of you guys. No gay. But they have the TPC golf tournament  on the same weekend as the Super Bowl.

Glendale host's it next year. Last time that happened was when the Cardinals went. Every small airport crammed with private jets.

Every rental car from three states here. The weather was bad back East so they came for three days of golf and then the Bowl game.

None of them knowing where the hell they were going. Driving like blinded birds into anything sticking above the road. What a traffic nightmare.

In the nicer neighborhoods houses were renting for 4,000 for the week. Like a time share fridge stocked and all. Next year you can all laugh at my pain.

Edit for if anyone was thinking of ever going to the Super Bowl. I offer a free room to any ARFcom member I personally know. free of charge.
Take your room rate, free and take what you saved on a room off the ticket price. Plus I will drive you over and drop you off. About eight miles from the house.
We have constitutional carry so if you didn't bring one. I will loan you a carry piece if you think you need one. It's your right after all.
Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top