Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a super bowl party.  You want shit that can be eaten in a few bites.

Just set up a big ass slider station.

* Mini chicken parms (they taste so good)
* Crock pot pulled pork (you'll need slaw and mustard/vinegar sauce if you want to be authentic, or hot Tennessee style sauce if you want it to taste good)
* Meatball and pimento cheese (make these ahead of time, load them on a tray, and bake in the oven to warm and melt the cheese)
* Testicles
* "Boneless wings"
* Grab a tray of cold cuts for the bitches
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#3]
"Colorado Centric Food"

tell me, what do we eat here in CO?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Carolina mustard based style BBQ. http://www.amazon.com/Maurices-Southern-Gold%C2%AE-Sauce-Original/dp/B0042U90LO

Some hipster IPA beer from Colorado. They aren't known for much else there anymore. Even Magpul got the fuck out. Don't forget the DJ Kush from Denver as well.
View Quote

No, just no.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I have a yearly Super Bowl party where I host 20-30 folks to watch the game and eat around a week's worth of food each. I like to draw up the menu based on the regional food of at least one if not both of the teams. Although I admittedly want Peyton, Carolina has more well known regional cuisine (and I LOVE pork). Of course, we all know what Colorado is known for:

ttp://cdn.modernfarmer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/slicing_2.jpg

While I have a couple of ideas, I would love to hear some recommendations for either side. I do a lot of grilling/smoking on the Egg, and am fairly proficient in the kitchen, though I LOVE easy delicious simple food. Anyone have any input? Thanks!
View Quote
I'm confused, are you saying you are going to feed 20-30 people a week's worth of food each during 1 day?

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Carolina mustard based style BBQ. http://www.amazon.com/Maurices-Southern-Gold%C2%AE-Sauce-Original/dp/B0042U90LO

Some hipster IPA beer from Colorado. They aren't known for much else there anymore. Even Magpul got the fuck out. Don't forget the DJ Kush from Denver as well.
View Quote

I'll cut you some slack - the mustard ain't bad, but it's not as good as Eastern BBQ.

Maurice does love himself, his sauce, and the South (and the Klan)

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"Colorado Centric Food"

View Quote

That's what I was asking. I was HOPING for some type of regional food or something with historical significance I didn't know about. So far I have found that the only things unique to Colorado are bull testicles, followed by a rip-off of New Mexico cuisine (green chile sauce), and drugs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm confused, are you saying you are going to feed 20-30 people a week's worth of food each during 1 day?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a yearly Super Bowl party where I host 20-30 folks to watch the game and eat around a week's worth of food each. I like to draw up the menu based on the regional food of at least one if not both of the teams. Although I admittedly want Peyton, Carolina has more well known regional cuisine (and I LOVE pork). Of course, we all know what Colorado is known for:

While I have a couple of ideas, I would love to hear some recommendations for either side. I do a lot of grilling/smoking on the Egg, and am fairly proficient in the kitchen, though I LOVE easy delicious simple food. Anyone have any input? Thanks!

It was an exaggeration to illustrate the gluttony that I am lucky enough to be able to provide to my friends. To make it easier- Carolina foods served will have no limits, while Colorado dishes will be limited to 15 servings.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hombre,

Hatch is in New Mexico. Chili is the meat, tomato, and beans/no beans concoction from Texas and beyond. Chile, with an "e", is the pepper.  This is all semantics of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah Hatch Green Chili seems to be the local thing around here.

Hombre,

Hatch is in New Mexico. Chili is the meat, tomato, and beans/no beans concoction from Texas and beyond. Chile, with an "e", is the pepper.  This is all semantics of course.
Well thanks for learnin' a northerner (Western NY)... All I know is I see Hatch Green Chile(i?) on pretty much every menu in northern CO.  We've only been here a year after escaping the communist shit-hole that is NY, so I guess I'm not up to snuff on all the western food yet!  

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Pot brownies
Rocky mtn oysters
Green chili on everything
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OP,

WTF are you cutting in your post>?

And since Carolina is going to wipe the floor with the Broncos i would suggest Pork. It is the food of the gods. and don't be fooled by mustard sauce. Only retards who date their cousins in SC eat that crap.
View Quote

That.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It was an exaggeration to illustrate the gluttony that I am lucky enough to be able to provide to my friends. To make it easier- Carolina foods served will have no limits, while Colorado dishes will be limited to 15 servings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotcha.

Western NC BBQ not that eastern stuff.

Hamburgers topped with chili, diced onions, and white slaw with either American or pimento cheese.

Hot dogs topped chili, diced onions and white slaw.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Mustard based is from SC, the Panthers are in NC plus they have three different styles of BBQ.

Burgers and hotdogs "Carolina style".  Chili, slaw, onions & mustard.  Also acceptable on a fried bologna sandwich.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mustard based is from SC, the Panthers are in NC plus they have three different styles of BBQ.

Burgers and hotdogs "Carolina style".  Chili, slaw, onions & mustard.  Also acceptable on a fried bologna sandwich.

Yes I know, they are called the Carolina Panthers, not the North Carolina Panthers Dip em in Tar Heel Blue cheese if it makes you feel better.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's what I was asking. I was HOPING for some type of regional food or something with historical significance I didn't know about. So far I have found that the only things unique to Colorado are bull testicles, followed by a rip-off of New Mexico cuisine (green chile sauce), and drugs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Colorado Centric Food"

we have stuff from all over.

usually we take what ever may look and taste good, and make it better

want the real CO experience?  load up on craft brews from here.. we've got a whole mess of 'em
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I can't believe nobody has said this yet, but it is quintessential Rocky Mountains.  Elk.  You can do elk sliders, elk chili, or anything else.  After that, you pretty much have the beers as everybody else has mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Green chili.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#18]
The closest thing to Colorado food is going to be Tex-mex style food, as we have a pretty high Hispanic population, beef as ranching is a big thing here, and of course craft beer.

The largest breweries in Colorado are New Belgium followed by Oscar Blues (which is also brewed in NC).
I recommend Fat Tire and Citradelic from New Belgium, and Oskar Blues "blue dream" IPA, tortilla chips and guacamole, maybe some adobo marinated steak taquitos or something similar.
As someone else mentioned there is a lot of green chile consumed here.

Forget the pot. Most of us don't smoke it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The closest thing to Colorado food is going to be Tex-mex style food, as we have a pretty high Hispanic population, beef as ranching is a big thing here, and of course craft beer.

The largest breweries in Colorado are New Belgium followed by Oscar Blues (which is also brewed in NC).

I recommend Fat Tire and Oskar Blues IPA, tortilla chips and guacamole, maybe some adobo marinated steak taquitos or something similar.

View Quote
Pinner is one of my favorite beers.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#20]
"craft brews" from Colorado eh?

Get you some Green Man ESB or a case of Red Oak, closer to you than any swill coming out of Colorado...

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"Colorado Centric Food"

View Quote

The only good food we have here is elk. Otherwise,  we have decent food. Come to think of it, NC has elk, too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I recommend Fat Tire and Oskar Blues IPA, tortilla chips and guacamole, maybe some adobo marinated steak taquitos or something similar.

Pinner is one of my favorite beers.    

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/Daytona955i/pinner-e1423092099490_zpsk4nv3hno.jpg

I love a good Pinner as well.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#23]
So...

Fried chicken with Pot Brownies for dessert?

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#24]
They don't let us take any elk as game, just as many deer as we want.  They beez protected from those redder in the neck.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#25]
bbq or spicy pulled chicken breast in a crock pot
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Get you some Green Man ESB or a case of Red Oak, closer to you than any swill coming out of Colorado...

View Quote

You obviously have NO idea what you are talking about.
Colorado was brewing world class beer before your beer industry existed (1978 Boulder Beer, 1981 New Belgium)
Your best brewery in NC is Colorado based Oskar Blues.
NC breweries won 8 medals at GABF in 2015, Colorado won 36
NC breweries won 6 medals at GABF in 2014, Colorado won 39
Colorado has 235+ craft breweries that produce 1.67 million barrels of craft beer
NC has 101 breweries that produce 372,000 barrels of craft beer (and your #1 producer is Oskar Blues)

sources:
www.greatamericanbeerfest.com
https://www.brewersassociation.org/statistics/by-state/
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Since the Panthers are going to trounce the Broncos make sure you make some Banana pudding for desert.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:39:54 PM EDT
[#28]
When it comes to regional American cuisine, I draw a blank when I hear Carolina or Colorado.  Denver omelet?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Probably beer, but as far as food? Lots of game, deer, elk, river/lake trout, etc. Lots of different "mexican" food, such as tex-mex and new mexican style.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#30]
For the Broncos just do Chicken Parm sliders or sandwiches. Chicken Parm is the official food item of Peyton Manning.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Cow testicles in vinegar bbq sauce.
View Quote

I don't know where you're getting your cows from, but don't try to milk them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cow testicles in vinegar bbq sauce.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#33]
The only "Colorado" food I enjoyed in CO was Bison burgers.

Dat beer though....
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#34]
I forgot personal preference doesn't count to GD....  Opinions and all that.  Didn't mean to ruffle the feathers of those using someone elses tastes for their comparisons.

Quoted:

Colorado was brewing world class beer before your beer industry existed (1978 Boulder Beer, 1981 New Belgium)
Colorado has 235+ craft breweries that produce 1.67 million barrels of craft beer
NC has 101 breweries that produce 372,000 barrels of craft beer (and your #1 producer is Oskar Blues)

sources:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

sources:

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Ok so we have determined CO beer, NC pork, and that everything else is a point of contention. Actually both of those were as well. I love GD.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hombre,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah Hatch Green Chili seems to be the local thing around here.

Hombre,

Chile is also food

chile verde
chile colorado
chile relleno
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I guess some Bojangles' would work too?

ETA: had to move the '
View Quote

Actually, the apostrophe's rightful location is ambiguous.

On the store's logo, it's directly on top of the "S"

On the receipt, it's after the "S"

And on the very first store they opened on West Blvd, it was before the "S"

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They don't let us take any elk as game, just as many deer as we want.  They beez protected from those redder in the neck.
View Quote

I thought there were limited (very limited) tags there. If not, maybe you'll have them in a few more yrs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#39]
I think I might make some Chili Colorado.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:26:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Would boiled peanuts count as a NC item, or am I not south enough?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

OMGWTFDABBQ!!!

Panthers are NC for the record. "Mustard" based BBQ is that SC abomination no self respecting NC'er would touch with a 10 ft pole.

Now a fight can commence at any second over "Eastern" style or "Lexington" style NC BBQ but you'll get yer ass kicked with that mustard crap.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#42]

Only if you are trying to kill someone. No self respecting  BBQ person partakes of "mustard based" BBQ sauce.

That's for those cousin daters in SC.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Doritos and beer, followed up by spicy wings and more beer
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I would go with food from the region who's team is going to win, so Carolina based food.
View Quote
I am a Payton fan.... But Carolina is making me waver.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'll cut you some slack - the mustard ain't bad, but it's not as good as Eastern BBQ.

http://kulturekritic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/03/Maurices-bbq.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://kulturekritic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/03/Maurices-bbq.jpg

Maurice is shit.

Types of barbecue
Lexington style

Lexington style barbecue (occasionally referred to as Piedmont style) uses a "red" sauce that is seasoned with ketchup, vinegar, and pepper, along with other spices that vary from recipe to recipe. It is most common in the Piedmont (central) and western areas of the state. This style uses only the pork shoulder section of the pig. As with other styles of barbecue, the recipes vary widely, and can include many different ingredients, and range from slightly sweet to hot and spicy. The sauce also serves as the seasoning base for "red slaw" (also called "barbecue slaw"), which is coleslaw made by using Lexington-style barbecue sauce (or similar) in place of mayonnaise.
Eastern style

Eastern-style barbecue is a whole-hog style of barbecue, often said to use "every part of the hog except the squeal".[5] Eastern-style sauce is vinegar- and pepper-based, with no tomato whatsoever. With Eastern Slaws, the ketchup disappears, and the mayonnaise (or whipped salad dressing) is almost universal.[9]
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/31/Bojangles.png

http://www.josepino.com/articles/bojangles/bojangles_receipt.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/E1derful/Screenshot_2016-01-27-14-48-36_zps4jllcbxh.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess some Bojangles' would work too?

ETA: had to move the '

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/31/Bojangles.png

http://www.josepino.com/articles/bojangles/bojangles_receipt.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/E1derful/Screenshot_2016-01-27-14-48-36_zps4jllcbxh.jpg

Thank you for the err, clarity. I guess I was rightish the first time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yes I know, they are called the Carolina Panthers, not the North Carolina Panthers Dip em in Tar Heel Blue cheese if it makes you feel better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That South Carolina mustard based shit is a fucking embarrassment to barbecue.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

sources:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

sources:

Can I apologize for his ignorance?  If so, then I'd like to say I'm sorry that he's a moron.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I thought there were limited (very limited) tags there. If not, maybe you'll have them in a few more yrs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Five tags will be "available" next season.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#50]
I wonder if Olivia Munn will be having the same thing in her mouth this year?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top