Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/31/2019 7:43:59 AM EDT
I'm thinking about celebrating the Texas legalization of brass knuckles by picking up a few.  What is a good source?
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 7:44:40 AM EDT
[#1]
They are called belt buckles around here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#2]
"Where to buy?" I'd try a surplus store in the glass counter case by the register.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#3]
"buy"- oops. Sorry!
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#4]
There was a thread a few months back where a member posted a link to some very nice knuckles. I think they were about 60-80 bucks, but again, they were very nice! I hope he chimes in because I lost the link.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Op is bi
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#6]
by-buy-bi....touche'
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#7]
*NSYNC - Bye Bye Bye (Official Video from Deadpool and Wolverine)
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Go to the roughest pawn shop in town ask for paperweights
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#10]
OST

I'm on the hunt for some brass knuckles as well as a good quality sap.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Here

ETA: These are the real deal 100% cast brass knuckles. They come with an unconditional lifetime warranty. Highest quality I’ve seen on the Internet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OST

I'm on the hunt for some brass knuckles as well as a good quality sap.
View Quote
I can't help with the knuckles, but the 2 places I know that sell sale are Foster and D3.  Foster is in NC.  D3 is in Red Deer, which the last time I looked was in Canada.  D3's prices are a little lower than Foster, but shipping is a little higher.  D3 will build it the way you want it.

I've been carrying a D3 flat sap for about 10 years now.  He makes good stuff
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I can't help with the knuckles, but the 2 places I know that sell sale are Foster and D3.  Foster is in NC.  D3 is in Red Deer, which the last time I looked was in Canada.  D3's prices are a little lower than Foster, but shipping is a little higher.  D3 will build it the way you want it.

I've been carrying a D3 flat sap for about 10 years now.  He makes good stuff
View Quote
Thanks man.
Off to take a look.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#15]
1.- Settle on design.

2.- Carve model from wood.

3.- Make cast of this model in Plaster of Paris.

4.- Remove wood model.

5.- Cast wax into the Plaster of Paris mold you created.

6.- Remove wax model.

7.- Cast gypsum wallboard filler over wax model covering completley.

8.- Place the wax model covered in wallboard filler in oven, bake at 350 degrees so all the wax melts and it leaves a hollow mold. Bake for further hour.

9.- Place the hollow mold in a plant pot filled with sand.

10.- Melt brass or aluminum alloy and pour into your hollow mold.

11.- Remove from plant pot when cold.

12.- Break mold apart.

13.- Sand polish and finish.

14.- Robert is your mothers brother
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#16]
How does brass knuckles become something that needs legalization?
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#18]
You should be able to get Chinese knock off at the Pakistani ice house within a week. They will be next to the bongs, pipes, and Zig Zags.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#19]
If you are looking for custom, hand made pieces try Terry Shanks or Billy Trident on Instagram. Pricy and often a long wait, but outstanding quality.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I like these:

https://www.brassknucklescompany.com/all-knuckles/blank-engravable-brass-knuckles?
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#21]
go this route.

Link Posted: 8/31/2019 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Years ago I bought these knuckle dusters in two separate WW-2 equipment groupings. While never issued they were a popular item for the young GIs to buy.

Attachment Attached File

In both WW-1 and 2 the Brits issued them.

Link Posted: 8/31/2019 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#23]
its spelled buy
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 3:39:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Here

ETA: These are the real deal 100% cast brass knuckles. They come with an unconditional lifetime warranty. Highest quality I’ve seen on the Internet.
View Quote
"Unconditional lifetime warranty"?

That's reassuring just in case they would ever break, need replacement parts, get worn out, need maintenance, etc.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 3:48:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I definitely haven't bought a couple from plowshare forge. $40 each, $100 for 3, solid cast brass. Not much polish to them but they damn sure aren't toys and all are historically styled
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I definitely haven't bought a couple from plowshare forge. $40 each, $100 for 3, solid cast brass. Not much polish to them but they damn sure aren't toys and all are historically styled
View Quote
Post a link. My search turns up a blog but no place to order.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#27]
How about plastic knuckles? Seems like they'd be more practical if they were strong enough.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He doesn't have a web store unfortunately. Shoot him an email at plowshareforge @ gmail.com for what you want

Emailed him back in June since it looked like his blog has been dead for years (I ordered other stuff from him back in 2013ish), he's still making stuff. He's making me a Robbins Dudley push dagger currently. Probably aughta show up in the mail pretty quick
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Whoops
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That's reassuring just in case they would ever break, need replacement parts, get worn out, need maintenance, etc.
View Quote
LOL!...I thought that was interesting too.  I doubt I'm quite up to Chuck Norris punching power to where I'd snap those suckers...and if I did, well worth it I guess.

pdt2308, those are nice looking BN's for $29.  I might have to get a pair of those now that we can play "West Side Story".

On another note, anyone give any thought about how their use might be classified when they're used to smack a dirtbag upside the head?  If you kill a guy while using these, is there going to be a big brouhaha over deadly force and such?  I mean, it really wouldn't be much different than hitting a deserving offender with a tire iron, but I could see some lefty snowflakes and politicians getting their jimmies ruffled.

Say...when was Antifa coming to Texas for their big rally?
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

1.- Settle on design.

2.- Carve model from wood.

3.- Make cast of this model in Plaster of Paris.

4.- Remove wood model.

5.- Cast wax into the Plaster of Paris mold you created.

6.- Remove wax model.

7.- Cast gypsum wallboard filler over wax model covering completley.

8.- Place the wax model covered in wallboard filler in oven, bake at 350 degrees so all the wax melts and it leaves a hollow mold. Bake for further hour.

9.- Place the hollow mold in a plant pot filled with sand.

10.- Melt brass or aluminum alloy and pour into your hollow mold.

11.- Remove from plant pot when cold.

12.- Break mold apart.

13.- Sand polish and finish.

14.- Robert is your mothers brother
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Here

View Quote
I got that one  awhile back from this company.  They had some on discount because of water damaged packaging for $10 off.  Heavy and definitely old school look to it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Subbed. I’m ordering a set to enjoy freedom. Why not. There is an artist that makes 100% sterling silver (5 ounces) I may snag
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
LOL!...I thought that was interesting too.  I doubt I'm quite up to Chuck Norris punching power to where I'd snap those suckers...and if I did, well worth it I guess.

pdt2308, those are nice looking BN's for $29.  I might have to get a pair of those now that we can play "West Side Story".

On another note, anyone give any thought about how their use might be classified when they're used to smack a dirtbag upside the head?  If you kill a guy while using these, is there going to be a big brouhaha over deadly force and such?  I mean, it really wouldn't be much different than hitting a deserving offender with a tire iron, but I could see some lefty snowflakes and politicians getting their jimmies ruffled.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've transported a guy that was hit with at least one of them.  It's been a long time now and I don't remember how many times he was hit but it was only once or twice; I know he had some broken teeth and I want to say his jaw was broken.  Knuckles are something you absolutely do not want to get hit with and if you employee them you need to understand that there is a very real chance you could kill the person you're hitting.  I could see them caving in thinner bone like the temporal area for example or destroying an eye socket.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Subbed. I’m ordering a set to enjoy freedom. Why not. There is an artist that makes 100% sterling silver (5 ounces) I may snag
View Quote
Only in TX would someone buy a BBQ knuckle duster.....Make sure you get it engraved while you are about it.  

https://www.windyridgedesigns.com/misccustomengravingfab.html
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a brass paper weight somewhere in my house
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#37]
I dug out the ones my Dad carried in Vietnam.

They will go in the pocket tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I dug out the ones my Dad carried in Vietnam.

They will go in the pocket tomorrow.
View Quote
Do you have a pic?

BTW.....They made them out of steel too back in the day. Dad took this one off a drunk in a bar fight in the early 60s.....Now you need a straight razor to stick in your sock.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm just curious...

Why are they BRASS knuckles?  Wouldn't pretty much any metal work?  Steel, iron, etc.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I've transported a guy that was hit with at least one of them.  It's been a long time now and I don't remember how many times he was hit but it was only once or twice; I know he had some broken teeth and I want to say his jaw was broken.  Knuckles are something you absolutely do not want to get hit with and if you employee them you need to understand that there is a very real chance you could kill the person you're hitting.  I could see them caving in thinner bone like the temporal area for example or destroying an eye socket.
View Quote
Wow.  I wouldn't have thought they'd be that destructive.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#41]
The streets will be filled with blood like the Wild Wild West......
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah brass knuckles will fuck you up. Facial fractures are super common, orbital bone, jaw, teeth, all easily broken with them. They will open up nasty cuts on the brow and cheeks too.

Even body shots are wicked, broken ribs, huge bruises, etc.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#44]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#45]
smoke shop
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
"buy"- oops. Sorry!
View Quote
And yet your illiteracy remains enshrined for all to see in the title.

By the way, have you tried this thing called "Google" yet?  It's this new search engine that just came out and is all the rage with the kids!

Personally, I picked up a set from BudK and they get the job done.  They collect dust on my desk as good as my police knucks and they do a helluva job holding down papers when my fan is on.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They’re insanely destructive if you know how to use them, and still damn scary if you don’t.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm just curious...

Why are they BRASS knuckles?  Wouldn't pretty much any metal work?  Steel, iron, etc.
View Quote
I think weight.  Or as OP would say, "wait".
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Here

View Quote
You have to start examining your life and choices if you wear out your brass knuckles and have to get them repaired.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You have to start examining your life and choices if you wear out your brass knuckles and have to get them repaired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here

ETA: These are the real deal 100% cast brass knuckles. They come with an unconditional lifetime warranty. Highest quality I've seen on the Internet.
500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top