Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The majority of the people who complain about how shitty the US is/has become, have never spent an extended amount of time in an actual shiity country. I lived too much of my adult life in/around/passing through shitty countries. I know what we have here.

I never came back from a deployment hearing anyone complain about going home to the USofA, and if you think it's just because they were being reunited with loved ones, you haven't got damn a clue.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I love America. Doomers of GD won't change that. I also love the flag.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I don’t generally attach sentiment to inanimate objects. I don’t get offended by…about anything. I don’t care if someone kneels for the national anthem, stands, wears a hat, whatever. I don’t care if someone spits or urinates on the flag or burns it. It doesn’t mean anything. They’re not pissing on me.  They’re not burning the country down. It’s a flag.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Get Some!
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Johnny Cash - Ragged Old Flag (Official Audio)
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:36:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BuddyChryst:
I don't generally attach sentiment to inanimate objects. I don't get offended by about anything. I don't care if someone kneels for the national anthem, stands, wears a hat, whatever. I don't care if someone spits or urinates on the flag or burns it. It doesn't mean anything. They're not pissing on me.  They're not burning the country down. It's a flag.

View Quote

Also this. I consider kneeling as a peaceful protest to be as American as it gets.

It brings a smile to me, though, that those first to decry kneeling are also first to fly an upside down flag because they don't like the current President.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:40:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JustinU235:

Also this. I consider kneeling as a peaceful protest to be as American as it gets.

It brings a smile to me, though, that those first to decry kneeling are also first to fly an upside down flag because they don't like the current President.
View Quote

The upside down whiny thread from a few weeks back was about as limp dicked as it gets.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BuddyChryst:
I don't generally attach sentiment to inanimate objects. I don't get offended by about anything. I don't care if someone kneels for the national anthem, stands, wears a hat, whatever. I don't care if someone spits or urinates on the flag or burns it. It doesn't mean anything. They're not pissing on me.  They're not burning the country down. It's a flag.

Colin Kaepernic burned down his entire career for something he believed in. That's worthy of respect, even if one doesn't agree.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine will never fly upside down for any reason. Ever.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:36:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:40:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10mmManiac] [#12]
I have some liberal turd neighbors that don't care when I fly one of these once in a while. The mayotanker purple haired karen from cali demanded I take it down because it's a racists thing to say rebel. She has no clue about our nations history. She also dosent like it when people spray her with the garden hose for a fat bitch on my lawn complaining.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:48:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hhsmiley] [#13]
Positive for me.

I think of what America is meant to be when I see it. It represents all the good things about our history, culture, etc...

What pisses me off is seeing this symbol co-opted and perverted by leftists and freaks.

I'd rather you hate America and openly spit on the flag than wrap yourself in it to PRETEND you love America all while you're trying to destroy it. At least one is honest.

The rainbow has been so thoroughly abused that I'll never look at one positively again.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#14]
A Reminder of what is being thrown away and lost to time.

Most people do not want freedom, they want security.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:30:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CoconutLaCroix:
https://i.postimg.cc/tgdRrZSK/IMG-5464.jpg

What comes to mind when you see this flag? What emotions does it elicit? Ignoring the history of what it may have meant in the past and what it could mean in the future, is it something you are proud of in 2024?

View Quote

The fact that it should be upside down.  We're in distress.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:21:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#16]
We should retweet this until it is the number 1 repost on X:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#17]
It symbolizes a time gone by.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:29:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Jdude:

Colin Kaepernic burned down his entire career for something he believed in. That's worthy of respect, even if one doesn't agree.
View Quote

Yeah fuck that piece of shit. And any commie that thinks he's something other than a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Resistance to the current regieme.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By prebans:

The feelings are overwhelmingly positive.  However, also a tinge of sadness watching the Republic get destroyed.
View Quote
Same. But also inspiring as in something to rally to and fight for.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I've had ancestors who have fought for liberty before there was a United States, and forward to today...

There is a growing groundswell of resistance to the current regime, and that flag is a symbol that unites those of us that still believe that freedom and liberty are still worth fighting for, to the last round and the last breath.  We are the last, best hope for liberty...

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Positive. It represents our country. Unfortunately our government does not.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Positive for me. Just cant stand to see it disgraced with peoples faces, colored lines or any variation thereof applied on it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:19:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:22:04 AM EDT
[#25]
I prefer the Betsy Ross. To me it symbolizes our founding ideals.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#26]
When I see the flag, I'm reminded of manning the rail to honor our shipmates on the USS Arizona when entering Pearl Harbor.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Always wondered what Gen. Bethlehem meant when he said "That flag is an abomination!" in The Postman (Kevin Costner).
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
i don't suit up for the merican flag or you or your useless fellow mericans.

merica was lost many decades ago.  flag in 2024 is a symbol of what merica was.

guys like me fight for the men (and women) next to us.
View Quote

If you are a believer, then the Christian flag has much better meaning than the US flag
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Quintin:
I love the positioning of Missouri in relation to Arizona.  Like she's watching guard over Arizona, just wishing a MFer would.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ReservedRealist2:

If you are a believer, then the Christian flag has much better meaning than the US flag
View Quote

Scriptural reference, please?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#32]
It no longer elicits pride in the "that's who we are" way it always did as I was younger.

But it elicits pride in a "that's who we can be again" kind of way.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#33]
The Constitution, The Republic
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#34]
25 years of reveilles and retreats, multiple deployments to theater shitholes where the base flag was the only tangible symbol of home, folded and presented at my (retired USMC) father's funeral and my retirement.

Emotion strong enough that I would make my best effort at beating your ass for burning it in protest, no matter what the law says.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By prebans:

The feelings are overwhelmingly positive.  However, also a tinge of sadness watching the Republic get destroyed.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.  Still the best country on earth, but it's difficult to watch the enemies from within slowly destroy her.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Sadness
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:14:46 AM EDT
[#37]
love it or leave it, bud.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fxntime:

What I said doesn't mean I don't care, it means I'm not blind like you are.
love it or leave it, bud.

Agree....we're not blind either. We will fight if need be to. But you've already surrendered. Just like all the illegal criminals who've surrendered their country and abandoned it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:16:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sandbowl1980] [#38]
Originally Posted By fxntime:
I

I can love something but realize what it has become is not what it was supposed to be.
View Quote

I'll agree with you on that. You're right. But mark my words a day will come when Americans will have to make a choice. That flag will be held high when they do. If anyone thinks for one moment their aren't Americans in this nation that will not do what's necessary. You're crazy.

You can back the most gentle scared dog there is into a corner, and he will rip you apart to get out. Americans are being backed into a corner. Everything that we love is being attacked. Everything that represents America is not only being attacked but destroyed by this domestic threat to our republic.

We've already had war declared on us. Who they call MAGA (MakeAmericaGreatAgain), the greatest threat to their Democratic democracy in the history of America. We must be stopped at all costs. You fly an American flag, and you are a threat because you're supposed to hate America and it's symbol.

These traitors have subverted everything America, including the display of our nation's symbol. But mark my words a day will come where you'll carry that flag or another and choices will have to be made. This nation is to divided and this post is just one more example of that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
25 years of reveilles and retreats, multiple deployments to theater shitholes where the base flag was the only tangible symbol of home, folded and presented at my (retired USMC) father's funeral and my retirement.

Emotion strong enough that I would make my best effort at beating your ass for burning it in protest, no matter what the law says.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:32:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frank_B] [#40]

I don't think you'll find a more respectful tribute to The Colors at any time or at any place in the USA than at a rodeo.
Rodeo Flag Ceremony - very moving. Learn from history
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#41]
I respect and admire the US Flag and the Constitution it represents.

All special interest adaptation flags are ghey.

I don't care what color your special stripe is. Ghey.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:48:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: burkeva] [#42]
I spent the last 35 years of my life representing that flag around the world. It means more to me than i could ever properly express with words.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:51:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Joe_Pennsy:
The flag represents the entirety of the United States and is not the personal pennant of whatever group of gypsies, tramps, and thieves are in political control.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:56:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kalashnikov762] [#44]
A nation being looted and run into the ground by corrupt, globalist gangsters.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#45]
“The flag still stands for Freedom, and You Can’t Take That Away!”
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By CoconutLaCroix:
https://i.postimg.cc/tgdRrZSK/IMG-5464.jpg

What comes to mind when you see this flag? What emotions does it elicit? Ignoring the history of what it may have meant in the past and what it could mean in the future, is it something you are proud of in 2024?

View Quote

When I see that flag, I think of all the training, and gear, and skills that were wasted because we were forced to sit on the sidelines while commie flag wearing dudes with trash can lids were burning our cities down, and the whole time the media was lying to us and saying things were mostly peaceful while people's businesses were being looted and burned, and people were being dragged out of their cars and stomped to death.

Our government took a dive for the commies, and then gave us potato. They intentionally held us back, and let those commie slimeballs do whatever they felt like doing with no repercussions.

Now people are all giddy to put the same guy who was in charge then back in charge, because him or potato. That's the choice we have.

That, or potato. Potato, or that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:34:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CoconutLaCroix] [#47]
Originally Posted By Stretchman:

When I see that flag, I think of all the training, and gear, and skills that were wasted because we were forced to sit on the sidelines while commie flag wearing dudes with trash can lids were burning our cities down, and the whole time the media was lying to us and saying things were mostly peaceful while people's businesses were being looted and burned, and people were being dragged out of their cars and stomped to death.

Our government took a dive for the commies, and then gave us potato. They intentionally held us back, and let those commie slimeballs do whatever they felt like doing with no repercussions.

Now people are all giddy to put the same guy who was in charge then back in charge, because him or potato. That's the choice we have.

That, or potato. Potato, or that.
View Quote
The 2020 riots were a massive wake up call. Prior to 2020, the biggest concerns were Obamacare,
higher taxes, people on welfare, gun rights and the debt which was $12 trillion dollars less than it is only 4 years later.

The riots shattered the illusion that the country could reverse course. It was at that moment I realized the country had an inoperable tumor that will continue to growing until it consumes what good remains.

The country is unrecognizable from even 10 years ago. The Obama years seem amazing in comparison to now. I can't imagine what we'll look like in 40 years with more mass migration and cultural subversion.

Everyone likes to recall the times the country has gone through hardship in the past and rallied together and came back and how we can do it again. But let's compare the demographics and culture during the previous periods of time when America was tested vs the demographics of America today. Multi-culturalism and importing much of the 3rd world is part of the reason why it's not going to work anymore.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:34:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Here's how I see it. Our flag isn't a status indicator. My reaction to our flag isn't based on my feelings on what is going on in America at the time. Our flag is a symbol of what we are supposed to be and what our nation is supposed to be. It's a symbol that reminds us of both our history (13 stripes) and our greatness (50 stars). I find it inspirational in the best of times and the worst of times. How I see the flag doesn't change depending on what's going on at the time.

When I see the flag, I see my father, who came home from Vietnam in a silver box when I was 9 years old. I see my uncle, who drank himself to death trying to get away from his memories of The Frozen Chosin. I see the faces of the shipmates I watched die. I see the sunken wreck of the USS Arizona. I see the ranks of stone at Arlington. I see the war memorials in thousands of cities and towns all across America. I see all the sacrifices made by so many Americans who fought underneath our flag.

Did we fly the flag upside down over Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941? Hell no.

Did we fly the flag upside down over the Marine Barracks in Beirut on October 23, 1983? Hell no!

Did we fly the flag upside down over any part of America on September 11, 2011? Hell no!

The times that have been the toughest for America ... are the times we have flown our flag the highest and proudest. Few would argue that the times aren't tough right now. Now is the time to fly Old Glory loud and proud! Not as a symbol of what American is but as a symbol of what American is supposed to be. As well as out of respect for those who came before us and who gave their all for us under that flag.

That's how I see it. How you see it is up to you. Because I believe in what our flag symbolizes, I respect your right to see things however you want to see them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#49]

still love my country.

these deficiencies can be corrected.   never quit.

travel the world and you will have a greater appreciation for the magic of the USA.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:41:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#50]
Originally Posted By fargo007:
Something to fight for, and something to never let anyone take away from us.

Originally Posted By Tuco22:
Positive. Flag represents the country and the ideals it was founded on, not the current gov.
View Quote

Bigger_Hammer
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top