User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I carry a Sig P938 in a pocket holster basically every day. It's been very reliable and accurate out to 20 yards for me. The only thing I don't love about it is the Hogue overmolded grips - they're a bit "sticky" and grap by pocket when drawing.  I am going to replace them with lower profile grips soon. It's a bit heavy, but I like it. Also, I generally carry in my front pocket.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mine too, I love it.

I was out having drinks with a buddy, bar hopping in a little town a couple years ago, and realized I had the damn thing in my jeep. I didn't want to leave it because I had the soft top on, so I put it in the breast pocket of my TNF fleece hoodie. Bringing a pistol into a bar in WA is a no-no, but then leaving it in an unlocked vehicle is too.  
First thing my fire fighter buddy does (after explaining my predicament to him) was walk me up to a bunch of cops he knows and introduce me.  Mother F*%$#! No one noticed, or if they did they didn't care, one of them bought the next round and we took off after a few beers, but damn I was sweatin it for a few minutes, I thought for sure I was going to print, but it never happened.

Anyway, it's small, fairly light, but not so much that it's snappy & it doesn't feel like a toy. fits in pretty much any pocket.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My SIG P238 is reliable.

Mine too, I love it.

I was out having drinks with a buddy, bar hopping in a little town a couple years ago, and realized I had the damn thing in my jeep. I didn't want to leave it because I had the soft top on, so I put it in the breast pocket of my TNF fleece hoodie. Bringing a pistol into a bar in WA is a no-no, but then leaving it in an unlocked vehicle is too.  
First thing my fire fighter buddy does (after explaining my predicament to him) was walk me up to a bunch of cops he knows and introduce me.  Mother F*%$#! No one noticed, or if they did they didn't care, one of them bought the next round and we took off after a few beers, but damn I was sweatin it for a few minutes, I thought for sure I was going to print, but it never happened.

Anyway, it's small, fairly light, but not so much that it's snappy & it doesn't feel like a toy. fits in pretty much any pocket.

Brings gun along for night of drinking
Doesn't want to leave gun in car while drinking
Takes gun into bar while drinking
Carries gun around in hoodie pocket while drinking
Drives home after night of drinking
Talks about it on the internet

You sound super responsible.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Diamondback DB9.....Love mine!  As long as you can handle the recoil , it functions and shoots great.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Another important question is:  Which ones are effective?

More here:

Little Guns and the Box O' Truth Part 1

Little Guns and the Box O' Truth Part 2

View Quote

Oh I know both (calibers) aren't ideal, but they would be better than no gun, a situation I find myself in on occasion.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#6]
P32 for me, front pocket carry in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. It has never failed to feed or fire, and is as accurate as the sights allow it to be. Which is to say consistent center mass hits at 25 feet. I like that the P32 has 7 rounds versus 6 in the P3AT, plus it locks back on the last shot. I use the hotter European ammo for better penetration. This is my hot weather carry, which in SC means 7 months out of the year.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Lc9s has been pretty reliable. Ran a idpa match not long ago and no malfunctions over the match.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I pocket carry a Bersa "Thunder" .380

Also carry in a small cloth pouch holster for IWB.

I have had zero issues with this pistol. Its had several hundred rounds put through it, and I qualify with it at the range to carry off duty.

My $.02
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Diamondback DB9.....Love mine!  As long as you can handle the recoil , it functions and shoots great.
View Quote

Until you pull the trigger and it sears off and lands on the ground at your feet. Hopefully, should it happen "at the moment of truth", the shot you just fired (which will be the last shot you fire from that gun) will be enough to stop the threat on your life.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I love my CW380.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Kahr P380 has been 100%. Love that gun!

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/VrodRay/P1012025_zps8feaf11b.jpg

I love my CW380.

Ditto. For pocket carry it's always that, and on the rare occasion I don't even want that much weight, I carry my NAA .22LR.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My SIG P238 is reliable.

Mine too, I love it.

Yeah, he really shouldn't have talked about it on the internet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Oh I know both (calibers) aren't ideal, but they would be better than no gun, a situation I find myself in on occasion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More here:

Amen! I sometimes ask myself "why even bother?" on the occasion that I select my .380 or .22... but then I remind myself that if I was up against a couple of perps or a rabid dog... they'd still beat the hell out of my EDC knife or a rock or a stick.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My SIG P238 is reliable.

Mine too, I love it.

Or turned around and taken gun back home before drinking?

Or mustered up enough self-control to be an adult and not drink?

Nah, too easy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
LC9 is small enough, accurate enough, and ALWAYS  reliable. At this point of     current  small arms  development, with full power, but very small 9mm Luger pistols,  there is  damn slight reason  to  carry  a .380

View Quote

I have pocket carried my LCP and my LC9.  There IS a difference.

That said, both are dead nuts reliable and plenty accurate enough for their intended purpose.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#15]
My KelTec P380 is super reliable but others seem to have different experiences.

My NAA Mini Mag is flawless but it's a single action, hard to jam.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

More here:

View Quote

I love O_P's work like a kitten loves string.  This reminds me why I used to alternate FMJ and JHP when I carried a 9x18mm Makarov (the small Polish P-64 fit well in a pocket).

To the OP (original poster) - how big is your back pocket?

I have pocket carried the P-64, Kel-Tec PF-9, Taurus 905 and Ruger LCR.  All of these can work with the right ammo.  These days if I have to pocket carry it is the .38 Special LCR with the Speer short-barrel GDHP load.

The single-stack polymer semi-autos are a bit big for most pockets but MIGHT work.  A Springfield XDS 3.3" in .45ACP is another choice for me for deep concealment in a holster shirt.

I have no experience with the NAA .22 single-action revolvers but they intrigue me.

But if I had to choose it'd be an LCR.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 4:21:30 PM EDT
[#17]
My Seecamp LWS380 has been stupid reliable for the several hundred rounds I have put through it. While it is a most unpleasant weapon to fire, it does its intended job great, and is one of my favorite pieces.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
sounds crazy but my Taurus TCP .380 has been 100% thru several hundred rounds. it has a better trigger than the LCP and is so light and small it disappears.

Plus you can find them fir around $200 easily.
View Quote

This has been true for me as well. And, it was only $180.  Just saw that Cabelas has them now for $199. I put over 500 through mine before I trusted it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A gun I can conceal in a back pocket.  A real mouse gun.  Are there any made that you would trust your life with (because it functions every time)?

NAA?  Seecamp?  Magnum Research?  I'm looking at the .32acp and perhaps a .380 if it's small enough.
View Quote

My KAHR cw9 is at 5k.

The first couple hundred rounds had some hang ups on the slide release of reloads.

After that it was pretty well broken in and shoots smooth as hell. As accurate at 7-15 as any of my other handguns.

Fits perfectly in my back pocket. I just use a galco stow and go now though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have two kel tec P32s and swear by them
View Quote

Came to post this^^^.  Never had a single issue with mine.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top