User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good for him but I'd be leaving California.

Montana, Texas, and Florida is where I'd be buying property

I wonder what the property taxes on a 25mil house is in California?
View Quote

With the money this dude has, he likely WILL own houses in all those places.  

The California home could just be a drop in the bucket.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Fools and their money. Most folks I know with 8-9 figures are interested in the continued building of wealth instead of spending it.

A friend sold his part of his oil business, and invested the money back in the 80s. Got a fair amount of money maybe 1m. Worked for us driving a tanker for my family. 2 bedroom starter house he paid cash for, and still lives there. Had a toggle switch for a few months one winter to replace his thermostat until my dad gave him a thermostat.

Another guy I know well who bought us out still lives in a normal house mostly and last I saw was driving a used car. No extravagant spending.

Some of those lottery winners are just stupid and will likely go broke shortly.

My family, upper middle class. Some money but nothing to waste or blow. I bought a starter house with cash maybe 20 years ago on some water and redid it. Brother bought a foreclosure.

Contrast that to one of my first cousins in the family business that seems to blow through everything and ask for more... Nothing is ever enough.

Build money dont waste it. .
View Quote

Lol. The guy spent 2.5% of his cash on a house. And a very nice house.  He’s doing just fine.

Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The lottery ticket has a time stamp and video footage most likely does at well.  Should be easy to establish who bought the ticket.
View Quote

I thought it was only who holds the ticket that ultimately matters.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope. Some guy purchased a ticket and brought it into the store to be checked. Turned out to be a winner but the clerk did not tell him and stole the ticket and fled the US. The US Gov't went after the guy and was able to recover some money.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:04:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

2.5% of his earnings, not 25%.

But yeah, he'll be broke soon enough.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
25% of his total winnings on a single house.

He will be broke within 2 years.

2.5% of his earnings, not 25%.

But yeah, he'll be broke soon enough.

Doubt it.

He’s bargained on the house and it trying to stay private. Probably not a complete tard.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
2.04 Billion and he gets $995 million? Land of the free my fucking ass. That’s criminal
View Quote

Even if there were zero taxes, you still don’t get the full 2.04. The full amount is based on them earning interest, more lotto drawings, etc, to be able to afford that. So you automatically only get around 50%’ish. The IRS takes 24%, but you are going to pay 38% (or whatever the top bracket is now) so he’s going to owe more money, CA will hit him for income taxes too.

I gotta be honest, this dude is stupid. I would have moved to another State, bought a home, cut all financial and property ties with CA, declared residency (FL, WY, NV) and then claimed the prize. Fuck CA and their taxes. They would probably try to come after him.

That is still a really cool house, but fuck CA, I would have had it built in a better State, with a killer view (MT or WY would be awesome, shit even parts of New England.)

He likely only got around $757mil… He’s going to owe the Fed another 13% ($129mil) and then the State of CA (128mil roughly)… So he’s taking home roughly $500mil at the end of the day. He can still afford the house. lol. With good solid financial advising and a reasonable (for that amount of money) life style, he could crawl up to be a billionaire at some point. But, he dropped $25mil inside of 30days, so he may not be too smart.

Don’t forget he likely has to furnish it and he’s not going to Ikea, he’ll need a couple of vehicles and I doubt he’s going to Kia.

He’ll start investing in stupid shit, he’ll want to be a baller, he’ll blow most all of it and maybe all of it. If he was 50-60, I’d say go for it, not at 30 though.

I say the above, because a smart person would have gotten the fuck out of CA. Go to NV, you can fly over anytime you get homesick. Iirc LAS has a flight to LA like every 30-45min, if he wants to watch his carbon footprint and not fly private.

*it said after taxes (probably the initial 24% withheld, so I’m roughly $240mil low… He doesn’t have to go to Ikea after all. lol.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:20:30 AM EDT
[#7]
LOL, IMO that as a first purchase really points on a direction  like he is off to a great start at going broke.
But might have an awesome time getting there or to an early grave

I watched some show once about lottery winners and the silly, stupid shit they did to blow all their money.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:23:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd buy big, but not in CA.
View Quote
id be gone so fast there would be cartoon dust behind me and my legs would peel out.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:27:09 AM EDT
[#9]
That kind of money could cause some assholes to have a whole bunch of really bad days.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:34:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Nope to CA.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:38:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
On his way to be broke in 5 years or less
View Quote

Then it’ll be 5 of the best years ever lived on this planet.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:07:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Can't blame him.   Hopefully he's not dead next to a big pile of cocaine next month.
View Quote
There are worse ways to go out.  Hookers and blow.  Put that shit on my tombstone!
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:44:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The shower fits 3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$25M on that in the PRC when he could have spent $25M on this?

Idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw_AJOYzt0w

VERY well done, needs lotsa kids to make it pay off. Helicopter delivered teaching? Needs shooting range. Getting too old now

The shower fits 3.

That dude knows.   Plus with a landowner hunting permit you could shoot mule deer and elk from your back deck.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 8:57:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I see John Paul DeJjoria (Paul Mitchell Hair Products founder) in my grocery store. He lives a pretty normal life on ranch. Being a billionaire is not difficult if you have a little common sense.
View Quote

Can you get Alexis’s phone number for me, please?
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#15]
So if CA doesn't tax lotto wins, what's the deal with the $150M for the school system?

He'll have $625M after Fed taxes, and I don't see ghe feds giving $150 of their $375 take to CA.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So if CA doesn't tax lotto wins, what's the deal with the $150M for the school system?
View Quote

Supposedly that's where lotto funding goes to. The state keeps a portion of the proceeds. That's why they allow running numbers, which is all lottos are.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Lol, I see this thread is going to be fun for me.
View Quote

Your math may be off but your prediction is spot on.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'd buy big, but not in CA.
View Quote

The most desirable state to live in
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Good for him but I'd be leaving California.

Montana, Texas, and Florida is where I'd be buying property

I wonder what the property taxes on a 25mil house is in California?
View Quote

Texas and Montana are poop
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#20]
CA taxes on income would probably keep me from buying property there. Top of my list would be MT, WY and coastal SC. Buy a ranch or larger piece of land or two. Buy a few office buildings lease most of it keep a floor for my office(s)
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd have one house like that as an elaborate ruse. Plus you could hide in plain sight in an area like that as a joe nobody regardless of your wealth. Cali politics aside there's a ton of money there and most of those neighborhoods/police are used to dealing with lookyloos/stalkers and stuff. I mean even if the market totally collapses and he only gets 50% of what he paid in that house and if he loses everything else that's still over $12M he could get by selling it. Provided he paid cash for the thing.

I'd funnel the rest of the money through a trust(s) to make it more difficult to track me as I primarily would live elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Texas and Montana are poop
View Quote

Correct. Tell everyone you know.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I would have put that 1 billion in US treasuries get 5% . With $50m/ yr interest you can rent the most expensive places you want and still have millions leftover every year
View Quote
But its MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would have put that 1 billion in US treasuries get 5% . With $50m/ yr interest you can rent the most expensive places you want and still have millions leftover every year
View Quote

That would be very stupid.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:55:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm thinking they checked the video *before* they handed over the $900+ million.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That would be very fucking stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be very fucking stupid.
Why? Maybe the whole thing is a bit overkill if you're wanting to maximize ROI but at the very least you should put a solid chunk as a "oh i really hooker and blowed my way through everything" safety net.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Inside Billionaire Powerball Winner's Newly Purchased $25.5M West Hollywood Home

Inside Billionaire Powerball Winner's Newly Purchased $25.5M West Hollywood Home
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

No.  Lottery tickets are a bearer instrument of sorts but possession is just one piece of the puzzle if you've got other individuals involved who can prove they bought it and/or had some kind of formal or informal contract to share winnings.

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm thinking they checked the video *before* they handed over the $900+ million.
View Quote

You'd have to imagine they would if it was readily available.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Everything I own is in a blind trust..nobody can find me

I would buy Tony Stewart's house..that huge Bass Pro Shop house on likev50 acres...then when tired of that..fly down to my 92' triple fly bridge Viking to play for a week...rinse repeat
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:48:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Powerball winner who bagged record $2 BILLION from gas station ticket buys second California mansion for $4M, eight days after snagging $25M Hollywood Hills complex

Continued
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZbjwf0eOpo
View Quote

That’s a pretty bad ass home.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Yuck.

With that kind of money I'd be buying up retarded amounts of land but I can't see a use for that much house.  To get the proper uses out of a hooker all you need is a basement.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If you walk away with 700 million or so you'd figure that you would have the necessary money to hire a team of professionals to hide everything you do behind a series of trusts and legal entities that aren't obviously you.
View Quote

@John_Wayne777

Money?  Yes

Intelligence?  Not necessarily.

Idiots can and, for the most part, do win the lotto.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Another multi-million dollar pad? Hope this dude doesn't MC Hammer himself broke.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top