Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 3/16/2022 6:00:22 PM EDT

The team’s research is based on a study by Scan Pyramid group, which conducted a series of scans between 2015 and 2017 that analyzed muons — cosmic particles that regularly fall on Earth — to detect any voids, Live Science reported. Muons react differently to air and stone and are therefore ideal for mapping air pockets in stone structures such as pyramids.

The scientists found two spaces, the larger of which measures 98 feet long and 20 feet high and sits above the grand gallery. Meanwhile, the smaller void is located near the citadel’s north face.
And while neither void’s function is clear, scientists speculate that the large one could lead to the secret burial chamber of the pharaoh Khufu (reign circa 2551 B.C. to 2528 B.C.), for whom the Great Pyramid was originally constructed in the 26th century B.C.

In order to peer inside the void, researchers plan to scan the area with supercharged cosmic ray muons, which are 100 times more powerful than the ones used in the prior scan.
“Since the detectors that are proposed are very large, they cannot be placed inside the pyramid, therefore our approach is to put them outside and move them along the base,” the team wrote. “In this way, we can collect muons from all angles in order to build up the required data set.”

They added that “the use of very large muon telescopes placed outside [the Great Pyramid] can produce much higher resolution images due to the large number of detected muons.”

In fact, the detectors are so sensitive that they may be able to pick up pottery and other artifacts housed within this pyramid scheme, per the study. Here’s hoping none of the voids houses booby traps à la Brendan Fraser’s 1999 film “The Mummy.”

https://nypost.com/2022/03/16/mysterious-voids-in-great-pyramid-of-giza-could-house-pharaohs-burial-ground/
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#1]
In before pyramids are fake
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh, let the guy Rest In Peace.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In before pyramids are fake
View Quote

it was definitely a holography illusion that I entered when I went into it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#4]
No scorpions please.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty fascinating.

What's causing this shadow?  Invisible antenna to communicate with the aliens who built it?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pretty fascinating.

What's causing this shadow?  Invisible antenna to communicate with the aliens who built it?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416483/giza-pyramids-4_2_jpg-2315896.JPG
View Quote

Yes, that’s exactly what it is.

Sharp eyes…

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait, so they never found the pharaoh in there? I had always thought they had.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Lot of effort to find out about a guy that has been dead a long time.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#9]
We have had enough, the past.few.years. please don't open that.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pretty fascinating.

View Quote

Helps Ra's crew align the rings.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:13:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Aliens ! that is all,,,
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Scanning dead pharaohs with cosmic rays is how you get super villain monsters
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

TEAR THOSE DISGUSTING PILES DOWN!!!!!!!
View Quote

My man
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Mysterious Voids would be a great name for a rock group.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Really old news regurgitated by the New York Post

ETA
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-41845445
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope, no royal mummies in any of the pyramids.  Not one.  Extremely scant evidence that Khufu built the Great Pyramid too.  You can't carbon date stone.  There are small wooden "doors" built into the small shafts leading from the galleries to the surface that I'd love to see dating on, but so far that hasn't officially been done.  A scientifically thorough dating of that wood would either shut up a lot of Egypt theorists or overturn the entirety of accepted Egyptology.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

My impression was that all grave goods and artifacts had been plundered centuries ago.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Pretty fascinating.

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#22]
welcome to graham hancock 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Monuments to slavery need to be dismantled brick by brick.  Then you will have your answers.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm all for it if we can clone Cleopatra and sell her at Walmart.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Monuments that show slavery worked.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone who think the pyramids were built by egyptians or were built as a tomb is a moron.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
welcome to graham hancock 10 years ago.
View Quote

Exactly!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#28]
When the new improved muon detector scan is completed the "void" will be found to not be there.  The old scan's resolution wasn't very good and the void is likely a shadow artifact of the support structure above the kings chamber.

I'd love for there to be an undiscovered space, but I doubt it exists.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nope, no royal mummies in any of the pyramids.  Not one.  Extremely scant evidence that Khufu built the Great Pyramid too.  You can't carbon date stone.  There are small wooden "doors" built into the small shafts leading from the galleries to the surface that I'd love to see dating on, but so far that hasn't officially been done.  A scientifically thorough dating of that wood would either shut up a lot of Egypt theorists or overturn the entirety of accepted Egyptology.
View Quote

also wouldnt be definitive as all of the great buildings in egypt have had renovations during every era. The doors could have been installed in 500bc.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Prolly they just located the restrooms.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Grave robbers
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#32]
More gold then Fort Knox just sitting
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#33]
This is how Mumm-Ra gets woken up.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Well no shit there are more chambers.. your not going to build something that large on that scale to only use 10 percent of the inside.. We know jack shit about them still.. Hell we still think they were made with copper tools by a bunch of slaves lol...
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

also wouldnt be definitive as all of the great buildings in egypt have had renovations during every era. The doors could have been installed in 500bc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not these ones.  They're deep in an 8 inch wide shaft.  Most definitely part of original construction.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

TEAR THOSE DISGUSTING PILES DOWN!!!!!!!
View Quote

extremely based
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

The little doors in the shafts are stone.
Griffitti from work gangs has been found in the relieving  roof  above the 'Kings chamber', naming Khufu as builder.
Wood has been found in the pyramid, in inaccessible places, and radiocarbon dated as has organic material in the mortar.

Mortar was used generously in the Great Pyramid's construction. In the mixing process ashes from fires were added to the mortar, organic material that could be extracted and radiocarbon dated. A total of 46 samples of the mortar were taken in 1984 and 1995, making sure they were clearly inherent to the original structure and could not have been incorporated at a later date. The results were calibrated to 2871–2604 BC. The old wood problem is thought to be mainly responsible for the 100–300 year offset, since the age of the organic material was determined, not when it was last used. A reanalysis of the data gave a completion date for the pyramid between 2620 and 2484 BC, based on the younger samples.

The 'satellite pyramids' are contemporary with Khufu as are the 'Boat Pits', and the boats within them.
There is copper from within The pyramid and the boats and it is capable of being dated, though I fail to recollect if it has actually been done.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Not only have no Egyptian remains been found, ever in the pyramids, no hieroglyphs or anything else has been found. There was one word (the name of a pharaoh) that was found, but was almost certainly a forgery.

Not that it was aliens, but it wasn't the Egyptians. Same thing for the Sphinx. No mention of the Jews building them in the Bible either, which almost certainly would have been said. Hell, there would probably be a holiday for it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Nope, no royal mummies in any of the pyramids.  Not one.
View Quote

And, as a separate addendum, this isn't true.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Not only have no Egyptian remains been found, ever in the pyramids, no hieroglyphs or anything else has been found. There was one word (the name of a pharaoh) that was found, but was almost certainly a forgery.

Not that it was aliens, but it wasn't the Egyptians. Same thing for the Sphinx. No mention of the Jews building them in the bible either, which almost certainly would have been said. Hell, there would probably be a holiday for it.
View Quote

You are completely and utterly wrong.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The little doors in the shafts are stone.
Griffitti from work gangs has been found in the relieving  roof  above the 'Kings chamber', naming Khufu as builder.
Wood has been found in the pyramid, in inaccessible places, and radiocarbon dated as has organic material in the mortar.

Mortar was used generously in the Great Pyramid's construction. In the mixing process ashes from fires were added to the mortar, organic material that could be extracted and radiocarbon dated. A total of 46 samples of the mortar were taken in 1984 and 1995, making sure they were clearly inherent to the original structure and could not have been incorporated at a later date. The results were calibrated to 2871–2604 BC. The old wood problem is thought to be mainly responsible for the 100–300 year offset, since the age of the organic material was determined, not when it was last used. A reanalysis of the data gave a completion date for the pyramid between 2620 and 2484 BC, based on the younger samples.

The 'satellite pyramids' are contemporary with Khufu as are the 'Boat Pits', and the boats within them.
There is copper from within The pyramid and the boats and it is capable of being dated, though I fail to recollect if it has actually been done.
View Quote

The Khufu name was just a single one and pretty much proven to have been written by one of the 1800s archeologists. Can't remember his name off hand.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, I'm saying you're completely and utterly wrong, so I guess we're at an impass. No remains were even found in any of the great pyramids, only the step pyramids, so...you're just wrong.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Well, I'm saying you're completely and utterly wrong, so I guess we're at an impass. No remains were even found in any of the great pyramids, only the step pyramids, so...you're just wrong.
View Quote

Cite?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Wasn't this the subject of a Nova episode?  I saw a TV show about it.  It was mildly interesting, like Geraldo River & Al Capone's vault, and the ending was sorta the same - a nothingburger.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

No writing either.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I dont think so
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Oh, I agree no remains were found in any of the 'Great' pyramids.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

No writing either.
View Quote

The Pyramid Texts
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Lot of effort to find out about a guy that has been dead a long time.
View Quote

NO SHIT!!! I CAME HERE TO READ ABOUT WAIT TRAINING AND TRUCKS NOT FAGGOT SHIT
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top