User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Updated the OP

The evidence is pretty strong that hospitals aren't testing people in China and are overloaded. If they aren't tested they aren't added to the official stats. So maintaining the official counts in the OP seems pretty useless

Cases popping up all over the US, I will get articles posted to the OP soon.
View Quote
OH MY GOD!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#3]
This tracker hasn’t caught up...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Coronavirus: China puts millions in lockdown amid rising deaths
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#5]
They update every 12 hours.

My graph in the OP is from their data - last 48 hours.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#6]
My body is (getting) ready.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#8]
That the NATO NBC Mask? If so, how's it seal/feel?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#9]
China Needs to be travel banned from Con-Ag Expo in a month.

450,000 people in Las Vegas for it. Second largest expo show in the world foot traffic wise.  Largest square footage wise.

At least 1/4 of the people there are Chinese.  It’s a global convention.

They can see it online.

Yes I’m going.

Yes this is on my mind.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

450,000 people in Las Vegas for it. Second largest expo show in the world foot traffic wise.  Largest square footage wise.

They can see it online.

Yes I’m going.

Yes this is on my mind.
View Quote
Dibs on guns and ammo
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They can see it online.

Yes I’m going.

Yes this is on my mind.
View Quote
Dibs on optics, precious metals, and all shooting related items.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#12]
No infections in all of Europe or GB?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#14]
White supremacy is the new boogie man....
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That the NATO NBC Mask? If so, how's it seal/feel?
View Quote
No, it’s just a well-rated, cheapie I picked up while ordering (more realistic) 3M half masks for me and the family.

It seals 100% positive against the face (I did the tests), no fog, great clarity and has 5 adjustment points. That said, I bet it would get a bit claustrophobic if you had to wear it  24/7 for a couple of weeks in a SHTF scenario.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Respirator Variations by Parcil Distribution (PD-101 Respirator & P-A-3-M Filter Set)

Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope, there are multiple. France has three that I know of. I’m pretty sure some other EU countries have a few as well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:24:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No, it’s just a well-rated, cheapie I picked up while ordering (more realistic) 3M half masks for me and the family.

It seals 100% positive against the face (I did the tests), no fog, great clarity and has 5 adjustment points. That said, I bet it would get a bit claustrophobic if you had to wear it  24/7 for a couple of weeks in a SHTF scenario.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/97ECE1E2-59EF-479D-A278-A6CE452A3E2E_jpe-1248036.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/D796B896-989D-422C-8A35-BDFCBBC188A2_jpe-1248037.JPG

Respirator Variations by Parcil Distribution (PD-101 Respirator & P-A-3-M Filter Set)

www.amazon.com/dp/B07HMKKLPV
View Quote
Ah, gotcha. I thought it was the SGE and figured I'd ask since the filters on it are enormous. I was curious about actual moveability. The mask doesn't do any good if it drastically restricts your ability to move.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:30:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
So mentioning that China quarantined 40+ million people, and has not yet contained the spread of the virus with 8+ countries reporting cases, and then asking if travel should be halted from that Country is Racist?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They can see it online.

Yes I’m going.

Yes this is on my mind.
View Quote
@Foxtrot08

While much smaller, the National Retail Federation (NRF) Big Show was January 12 - 14 of this year at the Javits Center a few blocks away from Times Square in NYC. It had over 40k in attendance, a non-trivial percentage of which were representing Chinese retailers or retail technology companies.  The Javits Center isn't huge - only 840k square feet in total.

Enhanced screening at major airports didn't begin until the 17th, 3 days after the conference concluded.

To put that in perspective of the timeline of the two confirmed U.S. cases:

Seattle patient landed in Seattle on 1/15 and sought treatment for symptoms on 1/19.
Chicago patient landed on 1/13 and sought treatment for symptoms "a few days later" (I don't have the exact date)
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:52:17 PM EDT
[#21]
The ENT Director in Wuhan died from coronavirus pneumonia a few hours ago.

Wuhan Pneumonia / First Medical Staff Death! Chief of Otolaryngology died on New Year's Day

Google translate from Chinese source:

At 8 o'clock in the morning (25th) in Wuhan pneumonia, the Commission for Health and Health received cumulative reports from 29 provinces (autonomous regions, municipalities), which confirmed 1287 cases, suspected 1965 cases and 41 deaths. It is worth noting that a doctor who was a doctor of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine Hospital in Hubei Province was suspected to be infected with the virus. He died at 7 am on the 25th, becoming the first death of a medical staff.

According to the "Peng Mei News" report, Liang Wudong, director of the Wuhan Department of Otorhinolaryngology, was suspected to be infected with the new coronavirus pneumonia on the 16th, and was referred to the Jinyintan Hospital on the 18th. He died at 7 am on the 25th after the treatment and was 62 years old.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They can see it online.

Yes I’m going.

Yes this is on my mind.
View Quote
I would bet a PMAG there there are already people in Vegas who are infected.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:01:05 AM EDT
[#23]
HK having a presser. Chance the Count number for more feeds.

https://ncehk2019.github.io/nce-live/?visibleCount=1

ETA: Over
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
HK having a presser. Chance the Count number for more feeds.

https://ncehk2019.github.io/nce-live/?visibleCount=1
View Quote
Anyone here speak Chinese?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:04:11 AM EDT
[#25]
They have now sequenced 26 samples of this thing, which is pretty incredible. Those samples revealed:

1) A virtual certainty it came from bats

2) There is minimal mutation, which indicates that it hasn't been infecting humans for very long. Some random tweak and suddenly it was able to jump, so this is a brand new human-transmissable virus.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Me, my wife, and my kid were seriously ill earlier in the week. Flu symptoms, rapid onset, and debilitating. After a few days  we were all back at our routines, but right now we are all still congested, coughing, and tire easily. Definitely makes me wonder
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:20:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:31:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can see it online.

Yes I’m going.

Yes this is on my mind.
Bad bet.

No doubt in my mind. If not, with how big conexpo is and the months of set up, there will be soon.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:58:47 AM EDT
[#29]
How will the left spin this?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:51:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Me, my wife, and my kid were seriously ill earlier in the week. Flu symptoms, rapid onset, and debilitating. After a few days  we were all back at our routines, but right now we are all still congested, coughing, and tire easily. Definitely makes me wonder
View Quote
Me same thing.  First night was a bitch.  Felt like I had swallowed razor blades.  That was Tuesday.  Now Saturday and I'm only a little congested and tired.  Might be tired from the meds more than the actual illness now.  That and 4 glasses of wine watching the band last night.

I don't think you or I had this virus though.  But who knows?  I am currently in Thailand and won't be surprised if it makes an impact here.  I'd leave but if this thing really IS a major event I'm not sure if I'm not safer staying away from airports and enclosed jets for the duration.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 2:40:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Nah, only those who keep blowing it off until it's too late.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 4:28:37 AM EDT
[#32]
OP has been updated with most recent info.

ARF picture compression makes some of it tough to read, I will be fixing that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 4:58:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:11:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They have now sequenced 26 samples of this thing, which is pretty incredible. Those samples revealed:

1) A virtual certainty it came from bats

2) There is minimal mutation, which indicates that it hasn't been infecting humans for very long. Some random tweak and suddenly it was able to jump, so this is a brand new human-transmissable virus.
View Quote
#2 is concerning to me for the sole reason that it hasn't been infecting humans for very long; and has managed to do what it has without mutation.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:19:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
OP has been updated with most recent info.

ARF picture compression makes some of it tough to read, I will be fixing that.
View Quote
I appreciate the updates and your hard work to keep us informed.

It appears as though overnight there are roughly 400 new confirmed cases.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:27:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I dump them to imgur.com and then embed the whole image here.  Shows thumnail automatically but click for big version that's easily readable.  No workaround on arf server that I've found.

Thanks for keeping this information dense thread updated.  Wonderful signal to noise ratio!

Like this one, as example

https://i.imgur.com/KWkAjTT.png
View Quote
Exactly my plan. I'm going to move the OP pics to imgur
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:27:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Wuhan Pneumonia / First Medical Staff Death! Chief of Otolaryngology died on New Year's Day

View All Quotes
Quoted:

At 8 o'clock in the morning (25th) in Wuhan pneumonia, the Commission for Health and Health received cumulative reports from 29 provinces (autonomous regions, municipalities), which confirmed 1287 cases, suspected 1965 cases and 41 deaths. It is worth noting that a doctor who was a doctor of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine Hospital in Hubei Province was suspected to be infected with the virus. He died at 7 am on the 25th, becoming the first death of a medical staff.

According to the "Peng Mei News" report, Liang Wudong, director of the Wuhan Department of Otorhinolaryngology, was suspected to be infected with the new coronavirus pneumonia on the 16th, and was referred to the Jinyintan Hospital on the 18th. He died at 7 am on the 25th after the treatment and was 62 years old.
He'd be most at risk.

Massive infectious dose is a thing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:33:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
My personal opinion is this is being under reported by 95%. Based on the weird actions of the Chinese government, and the spread across the globe I'm inclined to believe the rumors of 90,000 to 100,000 infected.

With that said, I've got 3 independent data sources in the OP with numbers all in the same ballpark. Where are you seeing 400 additional cases?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Coronavirus - Inside info and discussion
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Need more PAPR

Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
APCs rollin'

View Quote
lols. initially read that as inoculation bullets.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

lols. initially read that as inoculation bullets.
View Quote
Haha!  Well, bullets can prevent you from dying from the virus so there is that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Another person in a video saying the real # is 100k.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My personal opinion is this is being under reported by 95%. Based on the weird actions of the Chinese government, and the spread across the globe I'm inclined to believe the rumors of 90,000 to 100,000 infected.

With that said, I've got 3 independent data sources in the OP with numbers all in the same ballpark. Where are you seeing 400 additional cases?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe it way underreported too.  It also seems the info and coming out of China has slowed down.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#46]
It's about time for the U.S. fake news media to get off their orange man bad 24/7 and start doing some actual journalism.  I'm sure they'll get right on that.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#47]
The JHU simulation thread just got a little more interesting

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/A-Johns-Hopkins-simulation-of-a-pandemic-coronavirus-could-kill-65-million-in-18-months/5-2291069/?page=1

The forcing function they used was lower than Wuhan seems to be exhibiting. (How many people each carrier infects). That's an exponential function, so a seemingly small difference, say from 1.7 to 2.8, has an enormous impact on terminal effects.

http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/resources

Mind you, Gates is already on record saying world population must be controlled (to save the planet etc) although his premise seems to be better healthcare will reduce the need for poor families to have 10 kids each. Like that worked out here. Also it was sponsored by the JHU Bloomberg School of Public Health, which is creepy in itself. Power-crazed midget.

The JHU Bloomberg "School of Public Health" is a notorious grant chaser and frequently slants conclusions based on incomplete data. One example:

https://crimeresearch.org/2015/06/daniel-websters-cherry-picked-claim-that-firearm-homicides-in-connecticut-fell-40-because-of-a-gun-licensing-law/

Point being MANY US and other Universities jump on any panic bandwagon to land government and private grants. Take all of their data with a HUGE grain of salt. Media of course regurgitates whatever AP tells them ti write.

Use overseas sources to check information.

SCMP isn't bad: https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3047636/doctors-warn-china-coronavirus-carriers-may-show-no-symptoms

Asahi Shimbun

https://www.asahi.com/sp/

and other Asian media is generally decent.

Even the Daily Mail isn't bad, although headlines can be a little sensationalized

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Guardian (UK) is absolute trash. Every news story is Trumps fault.

I'd be looking at media from Asia and Australia primarily.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/215362/Damaris_JPG_jpg-1242456.JPG

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Hallowed are the Ori.
View Quote
Praise be the Ori!
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Praise be the Ori!
View Quote
Shouldn't he be smoking a Morley?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top