Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out the number stories about the Uber driver Jason Dalton who shot 8 people versus this Cedric Ford who shot 27.

No comparison.

Google News: Jason Dalton - 1,800,000 results

Google News: Cedric Ford - 35,000 results
View Quote

why?
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

why?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check out the number stories about the Uber driver Jason Dalton who shot 8 people versus this Cedric Ford who shot 27.

No comparison.

why?

One happened yesterday, the other six days ago.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:48:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Give it the amount of time to pass since the Michigan shooting and the numbers will probably be similar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No comparison.

Give it the amount of time to pass since the Michigan shooting and the numbers will probably be similar.

they are still pushing the kalamazoo shooting pretty hard here, all sorts of specials and kalamazoo strong stuff
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No comparison.

why?

I don't think that is it
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I will never understand the thought process behind shooting a bunch of unarmed people.

View Quote

Good, that's not something a sane person should be able to understand.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No comparison.

why?

Yeah, thats what I thought too. But It'll be interesting to check 6 days from now and see what it looks like then. The uber driver stuck around for a bit, I have my doubts about how long this guy will.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Kansas.

seriously, if you can't get a white mass murderer in kansas you are doing it wrong.

Can you imagine how disappointed all the media were when they found out.

"Hey, we got a mass shooting in Kansas"

"Yeah!!! Fuck yeah!!! Perfect.  Probably some uneducated red neck with a Donald Trump hat.  Maybe he shot a mexican!  This is going to be awesome!!!!"

10 minutes later

"he's WHAT?  I'll cancel my plane tickets to Wichita.  Now what am I going to do this weekend?   FML."
View Quote

Genius.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't think that is it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No comparison.

why?

I don't think that is it

One was a series of random attacks over the course of multiple hours against persons not known to the shooter for unknown reasons and the other was single attack by a person at his workplace after unfavorable employment actions and directed at people he knew?
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Just dropped in to note the radio update stating the shooter had an extensive criminal record in Florida as well as being served a protective order for choking his gf. Q the fat lady, this story is being read it's last rights.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Prior to Kansas, Ford previously had lived in Miami, Florida, according to a Broward County Sheriff's Office 2004 arrest record.

According to the record and other government records, he was arrested for violating probation stemming from burglary and grand theft charges. He pleaded no contest in the cases, the records say.

Ford also had arrests dating back to 1996 in Miami-Dade County, including burglary, concealed firearms and battery charges. The disposition of those cases was not clear.

According to the arrest record, Ford had a "Laugh Now Cry Later" tattoo on his right forearm, "No" on his right hand, "Love" on his left hand, "Grim Reaper" on his left forearm, and a Chinese symbol for luck on his neck.

http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/US/ht_kansas_incident_winged_mt_16225_31x13_1600.jpg

If Obama had a son . . .

Scumbag looks like the less emaciated version of the guy who played the lead Somali hijacker in Captain Phillips.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't think that is it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No comparison.

why?

I don't think that is it

Yeah, what average person knows who Aaron Alexis is? For example.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A.W.D.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will never understand the thought process behind shooting a bunch of unarmed people.

A.W.D.

Agreed.

Trying to understand why crazy people so crazy people shit is a lost cause.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just dropped in to note the radio update stating the shooter had an extensive criminal record in Florida as well as being served a protective order for choking his gf. Q the fat lady, this story is being read it's last rights.
View Quote

MSM had this on TV this A.M.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#14]
doesn't this qualify as one of the white houses daily mass shootings, or is there something wrong with the demographic?
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Question for LEOs: what's the SOP for protective orders with regards to firearms?
View Quote

Good question, especially since the order originated from sedgwick co, and was served by harvey co.. but from what I've seen In other cases involving friends, they were told they COULD hand over their firearms to friends, family, or law enforcement until matters are resolved, but I have never personally seen it perused beyond asking them if they still have them in possession, in which they could be lied to.

I honestly don't think this was a racial devide. When I met cedric, he never came off as hateful towards me, or all the rest of the white people at the shop or car show. His Co workers say the same, and his facebook shows his 2 mixed kids, along with 3 or 4 white kids with him at the zoo. I honestly think it was heat of the moment, target of opportunity. :/
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:02:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Did his whip get Repo'd?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=211709895843337&set=ecnf.100010129834128&type=3&theater

http://s11.postimg.org/f1wnbtec3/Screen_Shot_2016_02_25_at_9_28_15_PM.png

View Quote
Learn to read under the picture.

He could not change the flat tire because he had the wrong size jack. He lower the car and the OEM jack was too big.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:06:22 PM EDT
[#17]
One of his friends on Facebook.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

One was a series of random attacks over the course of multiple hours against persons not known to the shooter for unknown reasons and the other was single attack by a person at his workplace after unfavorable employment actions and directed at people he knew?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No comparison.

why?

I don't think that is it

No how about one was perpetrated by a white "gun nut" using legally purchased guns versus one committed by a protected class Obama son with a lengthy rap sheet using illegally purchased guns....

One is useful to the narrative, one is not....
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He could not change the flat tire because he had the wrong size jack. He lower the car and the OEM jack was too big.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did his whip get Repo'd?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=211709895843337&set=ecnf.100010129834128&type=3&theater

http://s11.postimg.org/f1wnbtec3/Screen_Shot_2016_02_25_at_9_28_15_PM.png

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't kno that the car was "lowered", as much as I think it was the car audio in it. All those batterys get heavy real quick, I've seen it snap wheel studs straight off multiple times.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
doesn't this qualify as one of the white houses daily mass shootings, or is there something wrong with the demographic?
View Quote

Oh it does for sure they just don't speak of it in those terms cause dats racist yo
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So go shoot 17 white people?

If a white man who got a restraining order, went out and shot exclusively 17 black people; this would be labeled a hate crime.

This will like all other epidemic daily racial attacks be swept under the rug. Nothing to see here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think this is black lives matters or any other kind of nonsense.

I think this was a guy who just got told he couldn't see his kids anymore.

So go shoot 17 white people?

If a white man who got a restraining order, went out and shot exclusively 17 black people; this would be labeled a hate crime.

This will like all other epidemic daily racial attacks be swept under the rug. Nothing to see here.

A white guy...in Inglewood?  It's Kansas

ETA- beat by Sylvan.  I also got the sense from his Facebook page that this guy left Florida to try to start over.  It's actually a sad case.  He did the right thing by leaving, but unfortunately he really did just reinforce some stereotypes, not the least of which is that you can take the guy out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the guy.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#23]

I wonder about this.. is it really his friends pistol, or a pic he found online?!
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Oh it does for sure they just don't speak of it in those terms cause dats racist yo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fox is still lumping the two together, mass shooting is mass shooting, still no scolding from the white house
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#25]
So black guy shoots up a bunch of whities in Kansas? Clearly the media can't use their normal SOPs on gun control since the dude is black. Have they started blaming the racist Trump voting coworkers yet? Hey that's what they did in San Bernadino.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:29:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No comparison.

why?

I don't think that is it

How the fuck are we 17 hours beyond the incident and you can't even get basic information right?  This shit is as bad as the MSM bungling information.

It appears that this is the story of a prior felon who was able to acquire access to firearms.  How did this happen and how do you fix it?  It is also an opportunity to review the procedures surrounding the issuance of protective orders to known violent offenders.  Personally I believe that this is a bad practice and allows for opportunities such as this to occur.  Again I ask, how do you fix it?
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Kansas has bills, protecting it's citizens from federal laws. Kansas also has constitution carry, and does not require a back ground check on private firearms transactions so long as you have no reason to believe the buyer is aFelon, you don't even need to legally know each others names.

How can we fix it? Remove that stupid fucking sticker off the front door of the building, it isn't protecting anybody.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Has it been determined if we was a felon in possession of a fire arm yet?
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Has it been determined if we was a felon in possession of a fire arm yet?
View Quote

yes
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#31]

That is stupid, about an inch of barrel after the chamber?

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#32]
i blame the shooters family, and friends and his buddy coworkers...( not the people who were shot) . basically ANYONE who knew he was a felon.... and saw those facebook pictures of him with guns... if any one of those assholes had called the cops and reported the ex con, holding guns.....this would probably have not happened.   same issue with chicago... tons of people know who the criminals are.. they know whos selling drugs, they know whos carrying illegal guns.... they just dont give a fuck... if they turned these people in, we would have a hell of a lot less crime.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#33]
The media will spend more time trying to find an excuse as to why the shooter was really a "victim" than actually remembering and honoring the real victims.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:01:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Al, Jesse, and their BLM buddies are sure gonna be pissed off when they find out that Cedric was shot in the back by a cop.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Kansas has bills, protecting it's citizens from federal laws. Kansas also has constitution carry, and does not require a back ground check on private firearms transactions so long as you have no reason to believe the buyer is aFelon, you don't even need to legally know each others names.

How can we fix it? Remove that stupid fucking sticker off the front door of the building, it isn't protecting anybody.
View Quote

AMEN!

speed
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The media will spend more time trying to find an excuse as to why the shooter was really a "victim" than actually remembering and honoring the real victims.
View Quote

another push for background checks for ANY gun sale.....   they should be interviewing all his friends and family, and get them to admit they knew he was a felon, and that they saw his selfies holding guns....... then rake them over the coals about why they didnt tell anyone.... and this is their fault partly, due to not reporting the asshole. hopefully a bunch of them get sued as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
i blame the shooters family, and friends and his buddy coworkers...( not the people who were shot) . basically ANYONE who knew he was a felon.... and saw those facebook pictures of him with guns... if any one of those assholes had called the cops and reported the ex con, holding guns.....this would probably have not happened.   same issue with chicago... tons of people know who the criminals are.. they know whos selling drugs, they know whos carrying illegal guns.... they just dont give a fuck... if they turned these people in, we would have a hell of a lot less crime.
View Quote

Do you know everybody around yous prior convictions? I met the dude a few times.. never checked out his fb page, never knew he had prior out of fl, much less dvs out of harvey county 5 years prior. What I did know, is he was a very chill individual, who shared a love for car audio competitions, whom I would have NEVER thought would do something like this. The dude was cheerful, seemed to love life. That was it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Al, Jesse, and their BLM buddies are sure gonna be pissed off when they find out that Cedric was shot in the back by a cop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I hope he died in pain and misery.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know everybody around yous prior convictions? I met the dude a few times.. never checked out his fb page, never knew he had prior out of fl, much less dvs out of harvey county 5 years prior. What I did know, is he was a very chill individual, who shared a love for car audio competitions, whom I would have NEVER thought would do something like this. The dude was cheerful, seemed to love life. That was it.

Did you miss the part where he said anyone that knew about the felony convictions and firearms, not everyone that knew him?

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Did you miss the part where he said anyone that knew about the felony convictions and firearms, not everyone that knew him?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at all, how SURE are you, that you know your friends, and Co workers THAT well? Do you run background checks on people, in order to work along side them? In KS, we tend to mind our fucking buisness, and work then go home to our familys. There simply isn't enough time to run back ground checks on everybody around us. Did excel do anything to run his back ground, and warn his co-workers? Doubtful, as he was hired.

I too hope he died in pain and suffering. From my understanding he was currently shooting AT the officer tho.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don't think that is it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No comparison.

why?

I don't think that is it

It is probable. Google them both again in a week and see what comes up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Glocks and AKs ..one more reason I own neither.
View Quote

Oh well, more for me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Man this misunderstood gentleman sure knew how to fill in the dots on the list of stereotypes.
View Quote

That's racist.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Good question, especially since the order originated from sedgwick co, and was served by harvey co.. but from what I've seen In other cases involving friends, they were told they COULD hand over their firearms to friends, family, or law enforcement until matters are resolved, but I have never personally seen it perused beyond asking them if they still have them in possession, in which they could be lied to.

I honestly don't think this was a racial devide. When I met cedric, he never came off as hateful towards me, or all the rest of the white people at the shop or car show. His Co workers say the same, and his facebook shows his 2 mixed kids, along with 3 or 4 white kids with him at the zoo. I honestly think it was heat of the moment, target of opportunity. :/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question for LEOs: what's the SOP for protective orders with regards to firearms?

I know a girl whos boyfriend was mad at her because she threatened to shoot him when he was kicking the door down , placed a restraining order and 3 hours later the sherrifs department showed up and took her guns away untill the judge released them

So theres that
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Kansas.

seriously, if you can't get a white mass murderer in kansas you are doing it wrong.

"Yeah!!! Fuck yeah!!! Perfect.  Probably some uneducated red neck with a Donald Trump hat.  Maybe he shot a mexican!  This is going to be awesome!!!!"

10 minutes later

"he's WHAT?  I'll cancel my plane tickets to Wichita.  Now what am I going to do this weekend?   FML."
View Quote

This is very true, I believe the African american percentage is less than 6.  about 7 % hispanic and 2% asian
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This is very true, I believe the African american percentage is less than 6.  about 7 % hispanic and 2% asian
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kansas.

10 minutes later

You haven't lived in Southwest KS, have you?
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's nothing worse than a snitch.

People that are too dangerous to be free, shouldn't be free. Plain and simple. Criminalizing possession of objects is stupid.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Not at all, how SURE are you, that you know your friends, and Co workers THAT well? Do you run background checks on people, in order to work along side them? In KS, we tend to mind our fucking buisness, and work then go home to our familys. There simply isn't enough time to run back ground checks on everybody around us. Did excel do anything to run his back ground, and warn his co-workers? Doubtful, as he was hired.

I too hope he died in pain and suffering. From my understanding he was currently shooting AT the officer tho.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

He's stating that family, friends, and coworkers who knew should have said something, not that everyone he came into contact with knew everything about him, maintained dossiers on everyone they met, and ran background checks.

Personally, I tend to think he shouldn't have been roaming free if he was that dangerous but my opinion doesn't matter. Turd bag did it and the blame should be all on him.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kansas.

10 minutes later

No but I know what you are talking about.  That was a state as a whole,  JC has a much higher Black percentage as does KCK but there are parts of the state you can go a long time and not see anyone who is not white.  My grandson is about 1 1/2 and still has not seen a black person probably.  No the area you are talking about the hispanics don't stick around long enough for a census so the total will be higher.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

People that are too dangerous to be free, shouldn't be free. Plain and simple. Criminalizing possession of objects is stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even a mass murderer?

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see nothing wrong with turning someone in if they are a felon with a history of violence. So long as you KNOW he's a criminal.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top