Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Totinos or Jenos

The Costco brand frozen cheese pizzas are pretty good too. Think there’s like four in a box.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
If I'm going to eat something that's not really pizza or food, it's going to be a Totino's way before a Tombstone.  Totino's are delicious in their own not really pizza way.  Something is up with Tombstone cheese.  Neither has a home in my freezer.

For something that's close to actual pizza, I like Newman's own or CA Kitchen thin crusts, and will keep one or two of those around.  I don't think anything frozen with thick or normal crust is quite right.  I want to like the Costco thin crust pizzas but something in the sauce gives me heartburn like a mofo.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...still Totinos!
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:30:31 PM EDT
[#4]
When I was in High School back in the late 70's my mom used to work part time in the cafeteria.  Occasionally she would bring home a case of those rectangular sausage school pizzas.  Man I loved those things.  On weekends I think every friend I had would show up at the house to scarf down some "School Pizza" to satisfy the munchies.  They were really decent quality back then.  (for what they were)
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Many of you are naming brands that tend to sell for five to seven dollars a pie. That's not cheap for a frozen pizza.

Considering both quality and cost, the best ones I've found are from Trader Joe's. They're mostly imported from Italy and are very good, especially for the price. The cheapest are $2, and I've never seen one that cost more than $5.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:43:04 PM EDT
[#6]
For cheap ones, Tony’s or maybe Red Baron.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:03:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Totinos
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I know, right?

We buy them on sale for $1 and stock up.

Are they great? Not by any stretch. But for being $1, they’re awesome.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Totino's Crisp Crust Cheese Party Pizza

I know, right?

We buy them on sale for $1 and stock up.

Are they great? Not by any stretch. But for being $1, they’re awesome.
When I was 16 working at the grocery store, I used to get 2 of them for 88 cents each plus a Coke for my lunch break.  I'd microwave 'em up in the break room.  Good times....
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Heggies.

It's local to the midwest, but if you've ever eaten a pizza at a bar in Minnesota in the last decade, it was probably a Heggies.

They're awesome for frozen pizza.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Now I want to try a Heggies.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:08:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Tombstone pizzas are great.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:10:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I second this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Screamin Sicilian... just had one and I am hooked! http://www.screaminsicilian.com/#
I second this.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#13]
The Costco 4 pack gets my vote as well.  Always have a box on standby in the freezer for when we don't roll our own or order out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:24:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Screamin Sicilian... just had one and I am hooked! http://www.screaminsicilian.com/#
View Quote
This.

I like Tombstone too though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Those are good.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Aldi's frozen pizzas are like $2.50 and not bad at all
considering the price.
View Quote
I had one the other day.  Not bad - especially for the price.

I needed to add extra cheese.  They skimped on that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I found this, had one, and loved it.

Then they quit carrying it!

Link Posted: 1/3/2018 7:56:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Heggies.

It's local to the midwest, but if you've ever eaten a pizza at a bar in Minnesota in the last decade, it was probably a Heggies.

http://stmedia.stimg.co/ctyp_heggies.jpg?w=800
View Quote
Do they really come with that much cheese on them?
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I second this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I second this.
Good ones, just leave a window cracked at night to let the scream out
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I second this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I second this.
Thirded/whatever. Didn't read the rest of the thread as I'm enjoying some delicious screamin Sicilian pizza.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#21]
cheap= Jacks-- add extra pepperoni-- menards sells for 2.50, but always has sales when you can get fro around $2 each
Good= lotsa mozza, or Heggies-- yes, they do have that much cheese....very good pizza-- watch for sales, can usually get two for one-- so cost is like $6 ish each
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
When I was in High School back in the late 70's my mom used to work part time in the cafeteria.  Occasionally she would bring home a case of those rectangular sausage school pizzas.  Man I loved those things.  On weekends I think every friend I had would show up at the house to scarf down some "School Pizza" to satisfy the munchies.  They were really decent quality back then.  (for what they were)
View Quote
that...dunn what it was...maybe I was a stupid kid, but ALWAY loved the large, rectangle pizza they had.  never was crips--didn't care.  it had a certain smell too.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not sure if this fits the thread, but coincidentally I just ordered a six pack from Lou Malnatti's.

My cousin and her husband ate there locally a few years back and they order a frozen pie every now and then.  Saw them over Christmas break and that's what they were eating on Christmas Day to break free of the usuals.

My pizzas should be here Friday.  I'll report back.
View Quote
My brother got the sixpack from Lou's for us to have on Christmas Eve.  I love having Lou's whenever I pass through Chicago, but these were crap.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cheap ones, but the more expensive national brands like Digiorno are terrible, IMO.

ETA, added "cheap" to thread title
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you looking at best tasting frozen pizza or best tasting frozen pizza under $5?
Cheap ones, but the more expensive national brands like Digiorno are terrible, IMO.

ETA, added "cheap" to thread title
You shut your whore mouth, Digiorno I'd way better than your tombstone pick
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My brother got the sixpack from Lou's for us to have on Christmas Eve.  I love having Lou's whenever I pass through Chicago, but these were crap.
View Quote
That's a real shame.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure if this fits the thread, but coincidentally I just ordered a six pack from Lou Malnatti's.

My cousin and her husband ate there locally a few years back and they order a frozen pie every now and then.  Saw them over Christmas break and that's what they were eating on Christmas Day to break free of the usuals.

My pizzas should be here Friday.  I'll report back.
Used to order them several times a year when I lived in Atlanta, once for personal consumption, the other two for our lawn guy (who was from Orland Park) along with Portillo's. We never had an issue, and he only complained about the Portillo's rolls for the beef.

That said, it isn't the same as eating at the restaurant.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#27]
For the people that add toppings to a frozen pizza. When do you add them? Like the last 15 or 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#28]
I took the plunge and ordered a shipment of three pizzas from Heggie's.  (They look too damn good to pass up.)

Cost was $85, with free shipping.  They also gave me a coupon code for $18 off, so the pies were each about $22 delivered.  Pricey!  Hopefully worth it.

Here's a code they told me to pass along for you to get $25 off your first order:  QUESADILLA2360
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For the people that add toppings to a frozen pizza. When do you add them? Like the last 15 or 10 minutes.
View Quote
Cheese and pepperoni - right away.  I cook mushrooms a bit, and raw meat until it's done, before adding them with 10 minutes to go.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I took the plunge and ordered a shipment of three pizzas from Heggie's.  (They look too damn good to pass up.)

Cost was $85, with free shipping.  They also gave me a coupon code for $18 off, so the pies were each about $22 delivered.  Pricey!  Hopefully worth it.

Here's a code they told me to pass along for you to get $25 off your first order:  QUESADILLA2360
View Quote
cool-- hope ya like em-- my favorite-- "heavy" frozen pizza...tons of cheese that actually looks and melts like real cheese.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This.  The Classic Crust is a good, cheap frozen pizza.

But for the 'Best' I go for this:

https://images.samsclubresources.com/is/image/samsclub/0003120505102_A?$img_size_380x380$
View Quote
Just found these in my area a few weeks back. It is definitely one of the best frozen pizzas I have tried. Picked up another one 2 days ago.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Home Run Inn
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#33]

Gotta add your own mushrooms though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I put them on before the pizza goes in the oven.  I almost always buy a cheese pizza, then add more cheese (mozzarella and/or provolone), then depending on my mood, onions, peppers, hamburger meat, canadian bacon, and/or shrimp.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#35]

If you haven't tried it, it's worthwhile.  The thicker crust stuff isn't as good for the cost but the thin crust definitely is.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Whew! We're definitely gonna have to see a post oven report from you on that!
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:39:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Totino's Crisp Crust Cheese Party Pizza

View Quote
I don't believe the cheese on those is actually cheese. I think it's a potato product.

Red Baron brick oven.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:51:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Orv’s Good n’ Garlic was the best, but I haven’t seen it in a few years now.

Presently, Jack’s is the best value. Do like me some Red Baron though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:52:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Screaming Sicilian!
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:53:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Heggies.

http://stmedia.stimg.co/ctyp_heggies.jpg?w=800
View Quote
I think literally every single bar in Minnesota serves Heggies. I don’t know how they cornered that specific market so well...I don’t see it in stores much.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:56:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Jack's Thin Crust Supreme.  For "thick" pizza, I get take out.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:57:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://images.samsclubresources.com/is/image/samsclub/0003120505102_A?$img_size_380x380$
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Partial to Red Baron's myself.

This is the correct answer
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:58:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Pizzadilla if you need to spice things up
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 3:53:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Partial to Red Baron's myself.
View Quote
+1

Cheap, simple, and does the job satisfactorily.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 4:22:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn, won't take many of those to justify building a wood-fired pizza oven in the backyard.

(which, incidentally, is on my to-do list)
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 4:24:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Now I want to try a Heggies.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 7:55:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Take advantage of the coupon code I posted and get three.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same-same, here. When I lived in Atlanta (c. 1977), our next door neighbor worked for Heinz. They made those pizzas and supplied them to the schools. She always made sure I had a box or two in our freezer.  Loved those things!!!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 12:49:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Most total cook times are 15-18min at I think 375-400 or so ( thats from a frozen state )

If I am adding my own pepperoni or sausage or shroons or extra cheese I add everything after the pie has been in about 5mins.
Thats about when the top is not frozen any longer, so my toppings and the factory toppings cook and melt at the same rate.

Lately I have been doing the Costco foodcourt take out pizzas. 10 bucks gets a huge pie already cooked. Tell them to not slice it in advance if you wanna slam it in your own oven for 5 min to heat it back up when you get home.

Sadly no customized orders: you get either pepperoni or the combo everything pizza. They won't even add extra cheese if you pay. Something about it messes up their inventory count.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Palermo's primo thin crust Italian sausage or Supreme. 

Best $5 pizza. 
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top