BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I could say the same to you - you're the one fixated on me and who follows me around reading my awful, awful posts whereas I have no fucking idea who you are...

Let it go, let it go!

View Quote

All I did was ask why you haver such a strong hate, it's more than obvious so I figured one day I'd ask.

So I asked. And wow did you take it to a 10 personally. So I will gladly back off. The internet is serious business.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#2]
the 1911 is so bad that over 100 years later people still buy the shit out of them and damn near every company makes one
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

All I did was ask why you haver such a strong hate, it's more than obvious so I figured one day I'd ask.

So I asked. And wow did you take it to a 10 personally. So I will gladly back off. The internet is serious business.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But you do seem rather abrasive when folks like something different. After so many threads seeing the same vitriol laced assertions from you, my curiosity got the better of me and I had wanted to ask why you were very much bothered by things that you don't approve of that are being used in another's hand.

Well, GOSH ArizonaRifleman, I wonder why I took your posts personally.  It's so strange.  I wonder why.  

How about this, unequivocally:  Go fuck yourself, troll.   Now, you can put me on ignore.

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I own several 1911's, they all work and run fine.  90% of all 1911 malfunctions are magazine related.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#6]
That, and what many people call a 1911, is not a 1911.

A "1911" is a:
Colt
Series 70 or older
Made in the USA
Blued or parkerized

A "1911" does not have:
A full length guide rod
A beavertail grip
Extended controls
Anything but wood or ivory grips
A RDS
Adjustable/big sights

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A "1911" is a:
Colt
Series 70 or older
Made in the USA
Blued or parkerized

A "1911" does not have:
A full length guide rod
A beavertail grip
Extended controls
A RDS
Adjustable/big sights

View Quote
So OP does not have a 1911 then, and nothing produced for WWII was a 1911?
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A "1911" is a:
Colt
Series 70 or older
Made in the USA
Blued or parkerized

A "1911" does not have:
A full length guide rod
A beavertail grip
Extended controls
A RDS
Adjustable/big sights

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Get the gun to pass Hilton Yam’s reliability tests and you’ve got a good 1911.  Biggest problem I’ve ever had with 1911’s is improperly fitted parts and crappy magazines.  All were solved with quality parts and good mags.
View Quote

I'm about halfway through his tests with my Loaded with no malfunctions of any kind. Heavier loads and lighter loads of varying bullet weight, JHP and FMJ. I suppose I should try running some SWCs through it. Just need to do the extractor test with the mag removed now.

Do you know where I can find his article on magazines? I've read about it, but every link I've found brings up a 404 error.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I still kick myself I didn’t buy a Norinco back in the day.
View Quote

I still kick myself for selling mine back in the day.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm about halfway through his tests with my Loaded with no malfunctions of any kind. Heavier loads and lighter loads of varying bullet weight, JHP and FMJ. I suppose I should try running some SWCs through it. Just need to do the extractor test with the mag removed now.

Do you know where I can find his article on magazines? I've read about it, but every link I've found brings up a 404 error.
View Quote
@AK-12

He pulled all of his articles down because he said they were dated.

He did a episode on mags though.

10-8 Performance Lab, Episode 21: 1911 Magazines

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@AK-12

He pulled all of his articles down because he said they were dated.

He did a episode on mags though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGBc9XW-wOE
View Quote

Gracias
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I applaud your ability to use big words, really I do.  Next time just use normal conversational English and look less like a toff.

I fully intend to have a great day - I hope yours is the best part of your week.

They also make them in 9mm and .22 but that's not what the OP was talking about.  Nice try, though.  
I love how everyone fixates on one of my comments as if that negates the thing entirely...  no.
View Quote

I "fixate" on it because .38 super has been my preferred caliber for a long time and it's automatically what I think of in a 1911.

But, To go along with your take on it I still don't consider the .45 to be unnecessarily large.

But, To each his own carry what you like and be happy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Been pretty happy with mine so far.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I faithfully depend on my Wilson Combat, 45acp stainless steel chamber brush, with handle; in order to prevent failure to fully go into battery jams, with my 1911.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine has been flawless. Springfield Armory.
I have had pretty good luck with 1911s.
Even the Llamas which just look like 1911s.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:28:52 PM EDT
[#18]
i have an old AMT hard baller that has served me well for the last 40 years,a bad magazine will cause issues.
it doesn't like the old flying ashtray's though,boomers will know.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#19]
lol 1911s. its like men liking other men . i dont have a problem with it. its simply not my preference when something vastly superior exists
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Here is my 1911:

It’s a Colt Anniversary model. Closest thing to a safe queen. It gets babied, I even take off my wedding ring when shooting it.

It reinforces the 1911 as unreliable. It’s mostly the mags. Went shooting this past New Years and was shocked when one time it didn’t jam on the last round. But it’s never going to see a holster and is only a range toy. So a failure per mag is acceptable.

But it absolutely is the last gun I would reach for if I needed to trust it to actually do some work with it.

They’re only good for what I bought mine for: a piece of history.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
lol 1911s. its like men liking other men . i dont have a problem with it. its simply not my preference when something vastly superior exists
View Quote

Perhaps the lowest quality troll post I've seen.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

A "1911" is a:
Colt
Series 70 or older
Made in the USA
Blued or parkerized

A "1911" does not have:
A full length guide rod
A beavertail grip
Extended controls
A RDS
Adjustable/big sights

View Quote

lol, good troll post.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That's not how you spell .38 Super.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
9mm Luger 1911 is best 1911. 9mm luger cartridge > *

That's not how you spell .38 Super.

This is true...
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:28:31 PM EDT
[#25]
The 1911 is an American masterpiece. They are a joy to shoot and own.

I have little desire to take my smaller 9mms out of the safe.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I "fixate" on it because .38 super has been my preferred caliber for a long time and it's automatically what I think of in a 1911.

But, To go along with your take on it I still don't consider the .45 to be unnecessarily large.

But, To each his own carry what you like and be happy.
View Quote

My response was completely @ OP and his comments about 1911 critics, not meant to be a personal attack against you for your personal choices.

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Shit talking 1911s is easiest way to tell someone who doesn't shoot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I love 1911's, I need more than 1 though
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, whatever.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:59:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I love 1911's, I need more than 1 though
View Quote

Same. Been saving for a bunch of things of late and a 1911 in 9 has been one of those things.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Oh, whatever.
View Quote

Dude, I'm just an average, random guy and I've also noticed that you may be dealing with some shit. It seeps through.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's pathetic because you have to go to China to get a proper 1911.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chy-na

It's pathetic because you have to go to China to get a proper 1911.

Not necessarily…….. you can get them here
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#34]
I have carried a 1911 ever since I was issued one in 1981.

I have never had the curse of a jamomatic. I had 1, in 10mm, that went back to Springfield, and came back perfect.

Otherwise...Colts, Rugers, SIG's, Rugers....all of them have been flawless.

I currently carry a Wilson Hackathorn Special. Awesome pistol.

For what it's worth, the Ruger was the least expensive and possibly the best of the bunch.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
the 1911 is so bad that over 100 years later people still buy the shit out of them and damn near every company makes one
View Quote

Well if we are going that route.  Every striker fired poly framed pistol is essentially a glock clone. So I'm sure total sales on those gives a clearer picture of what people are buying and carrying.

No hate for the 1911 but it's definitely not the best by any objective metric.

pistol tech has largely moved on from the design.  But it does indeed have a cult following and firearms by nature have less emphasis put on their modernity.

So it's obvious most people wouldn't feel under-gunned by owning one.

And I honestly wouldn't try to convince them of such.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Its fun to listen to people try to explain away something that has remained largely unchanged for 100 years , still made today with improvements is long obsolete.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its fun to listen to people try to explain away something that has remained largely unchanged for 100 years , still made today with improvements is long obsolete.

Oh please explain the obsolescence?
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Dude, I'm just an average, random guy and I've also noticed that you may be dealing with some shit. It seeps through.
View Quote

Actually I'm the nicest person off the internet.  That being said I don't have a lot of patience for jackassery online (or in real life) and I refuse to jump on anyone's bandwagon on anything for any reason.   That doesn't sit well here in GD bandwagon/echo chamber-land.

Finally, people poke me and get all upset when I don't just say "aw shucks".

Plus, what's 'dealing with some shit' about a rolleyes emoji and "whatever"?

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#38]
1911s are great. I just have no interest in .45 ACP. 9mm 1911 FTW!
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#39]
My modern 1911's run 100% as long as they are not dry and have good mags. (Wilson 47d) Same can be said for my 92 which is the only type sidearm I ever fired for real. (Beretta or mec mags).I've run alot of glocks over the years and still own lots of polymer pistols but currently no glocks. Variety is the spice of life! Gen xer all the way.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Based on their history are they cool? You could answer a resounding YES quite easily.

Are they practical for carry today in 2022 compared to everything else out there? Lack of reliability, ammo compatibility, capacity, weight, etc. you could easily answer NO.

They'll always make a good BBQ gun though...

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Well if we are going that route.  Every striker fired poly framed pistol is essentially a glock clone. So I'm sure total sales on those gives a clearer picture of what people are buying and carrying.

pistol tech has largely moved on from the design.  But it does indeed have a cult following and firearms by nature have less emphasis put on their modernity.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sigh, since you decided to go there, Every polymer striker is essentially a VP70 clone, including Glock. Credit goes to where credit is due, no revisionary BS, please.

FYI I carry a Glock exclusively so take this with a grain of salt but objectively a tool being selected by the person and not as a tribe is actually a great metric by itself.

Pistol tech does indeed have a cult following and it's not just restricted to 1911 owners. I see Glock cultists day in and day out that makes me almost embarrassed to be known that I carry one too.

Fun fact, but when Glocks came to the US market in the mid 80's, a good number of bOoMeRs were in their twenties or early thirties were buying them too, making Glock also a bOoMeR gUn.

Another fun fact: Strikers can be found with lesser or the same capacity as certain 1911 models. I still don't feel under-gunned with those models of strikers either.

Y'all should just accept it, 1911's are still going to be around and some people will still be carrying them. And judging by the millennial perspective threads of 1911 threads, still not going anywhere for a very long time either. I've seen sooooo many of you all try to argue, belittle, shame, and debate until ad nauseam yet still this tired, overplayed, worn down, unwinnable debate is still being done to this day. All to no avail.

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#42]
I just wonder when all these fucking Boomers are going to realize that the current generation coming up isn't called "millenials".

FFS

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Based on their history are they cool? You could answer a resounding YES quite easily.

Are they practical for carry today in 2022 compared to everything else out there? Lack of reliability, ammo compatibility, capacity, weight, etc. you could easily answer NO.

They'll always make a good BBQ gun though...

View Quote
Practical depends on the person and not as a tribe. They're as reliable as my Glocks, mine shoots FMJ just as good as JHP. Capacity is an argument for those that this matters to, not for those who don't feel outgunned from basic paranoia. Weight is a problem to me even with some strikers, so it's also objectively decided by the person and not the biasedly opinionated. So the answer is a resounding YES to those that prefer them. I don't, but unlike the haters frothing at their mouths about it, I am not the least bit bothered or in your case, biased about it.

Some strikers make for great BBQ guns too.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
… I refuse to jump on anyone's bandwagon on anything for any reason.   That doesn't sit well here in GD bandwagon/echo chamber-land.

View Quote

Please humor me as I’m genuinely curious. Not being part of  the Bandwagon/echo chamber stuff gets posted here a lot, and not just by you.

What exactly is the GD bandwagon?  I can’t think of one single thing that is agreed upon.
Can you give me 3-5 things the GD bandwagon consists of?

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#45]

I...like...mine...with...over...a...hundred...years...of...reliability...in...them
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I am fed-up and sick to death with stupid know-it-all millenials who keep slagging the 1911. Just because you own an I-phone and just because you used the said I-phone to create a You Tube channel does not make a firearms expert.

And most of these idiot millenials have never even seen a proper 1911. That is to say an all steel forged pistol without parts made of bubblegum or metal injected molded scrap metal. Here's a properly fitted 1911. It will feed and extract empty cases and it goes "boom" every time.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/234818/20220521_132925-2391990.jpg
View Quote

I'm not a boomer or a millennial, nor do a really care to divide people into groups.

My Norinco wasn't reliable until I did a few things to it- mags and recoil spring, but it was a better than my friend's Colt at that time.

Today I carry a polymer, not a Glock, pistol.  It's better in almost every way but I still have the Norinco and enjoy shooting it once in a while.  I wouldn't have an issue with the reliability of it if I had to use it to defend myself.

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Good Lord I will never understand why some folks take 1911 hate to such a nth degree.

I really don't like Glocks or the modern S&W MP pistols.....I'm not sure if I have ever bothered to say that out loud. Who cares? Why would I care what another guy carries?

Jeezus....
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah but real GD opataters only run double stacks.

C'mon man!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Revolver capacity magazines.

There are 8 and 10 round magazines.

Yeah but real GD opataters only run double stacks.

C'mon man!

From the spray and pray club
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Well all I know is this ran perfect for my class this weekend. Diy cco in 9mm.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top