[#1]

For you Bradders  . . .

Link Posted: 5/29/2021 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

RIP Bradders!

I just saw some article saying Havertz should be moved as he has "under performed"
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Nah, he’s going to be massive player for CFC.  

So if you type in Chelsea FC into google you get a little show…

RIP Bradders, I know you’re celebrating with us in spirit.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#5]
How good is Kante?

Holy shit.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 11:28:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How good is Kante?

Holy shit.
View Quote

Yeah, definitely motm for me.  Not sure who was officially named.  If only he was just a little more effective going forward he would get the credit he deserves.  His efforts in the attacking third are almost laughable.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#7]
What a match. Just wanted to drop in and say ktbffh!!!!

??
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Shall we keep this thread going through the Euros?
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I was thinking so. Maybe refresh around league starts?
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was thinking so. Maybe refresh around league starts?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I watched the CL final again last night for the sole purpose of only watching Kante and Reece James. Kante 100% deserved his 3rd straight MOTM but I can’t help but wonder if he would have the same impact if City had a recognized #6 in their starting lineup.

James had Sterling in his back pocket the entire night and frustrated the hell out of him. It looks like James has locked down the #1 RB spot for the Three Lions.

KDB may miss part or all of the Euros after running face first into Mt. Rudiger, he ended up with a broken nose and fractured orbital. Roberto Martinez, as part of the CBS crew, was none too pleased about it either.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Roberto Martinez, as part of the CBS crew, was none too pleased about it either.
View Quote

It works both ways, Roberto. How often do you send an injured player back to his club team - the ones who actually PAY him - after an international break?
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It works both ways, Roberto. How often do you send an injured player back to his club team - the ones who actually PAY him - after an international break?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Roberto Martinez, as part of the CBS crew, was none too pleased about it either.

The only serious injury Hazard had in 7 seasons at Chelsea was sustained during a training session under Martinez.

Martinez was arguing that Rudiger should have received a straight red, but then again, so should Ederson on Havertz’s goal, so let’s call it square.

After watching it for the 2nd time, it really was one of the best officiated matches I’ve seen in a while.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The only serious injury Hazard had in 7 seasons at Chelsea was sustained during a training session under Martinez.

Martinez was arguing that Rudiger should have received a straight red, but then again, so should Ederson on Havertz’s goal, so let’s call it square.

After watching it for the 2nd time, it really was one of the best officiated matches I’ve seen in a while.
View Quote

Agreed.  It was refreshing not having to watch an EPL ref.  I've always liked the guy that did the final.

Also agreed on Reece James, that dude seems to be up and down but he was solid on saturday.  TAA certainly has nothing to bitch about after the season he's had.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I watched the CL final again last night for the sole purpose of only watching Kante and Reece James. Kante 100% deserved his 3rd straight MOTM but I can’t help but wonder if he would have the same impact if City had a recognized #6 in their starting lineup.

James had Sterling in his back pocket the entire night and frustrated the hell out of him. It looks like James has locked down the #1 RB spot for the Three Lions.

KDB may miss part or all of the Euros after running face first into Mt. Rudiger, he ended up with a broken nose and fractured orbital. Roberto Martinez, as part of the CBS crew, was none too pleased about it either.
View Quote

I like the CBS crew. Carra and Richards are funny. I disagree with Martinez here. Plus Kate Abdo
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:38:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Agreed.  It was refreshing not having to watch an EPL ref.  I've always liked the guy that did the final.

View Quote

Antonio Mateu Lahoz is regarded as the top ref in La Liga. He's always the one doing the important matches involving top 4 clubs there. He was also smart enough to know he should leave his rabbit ears at home. Like most Spanish refs (and Italian refs for that matter), he will give a yellow card for the slightest bit of protest or complaint.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Two years since Liverpool conquered Europe.

I still remember the full time whistle then it gets kinda hazy.

In other news..... After much speculation, Trent Alexander Arnold was named to the official Euro roster for England.

Interestingly the squad is heavy in the front and back with few midfielders. Rumors abound that some of the faster backs may play a more central role
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:00:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

In other news..... After much speculation, Trent Alexander Arnold was named to the official Euro roster for England.

View Quote

Thigh injury in the friendly vs Denmark for TAA Assessing today but may miss Euros.

Carlo Ancelotti deserts Everton for another go managing Real Madrid. I'm sure Florentino wanted someone who knew the drill and wouldn't talk out of turn.

Eddie Howe or Graham Potter likely replacement?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thigh injury in the friendly vs Denmark for TAA Assessing today but may miss Euros.

Carlo Ancelotti deserts Everton for another go managing Real Madrid. I'm sure Florentino wanted someone who knew the drill and wouldn't talk out of turn.

Eddie Howe or Graham Potter likely replacement?
View Quote

So TAA started the friendly against Austria, and bin-dippers were mocking Reece James on social media. First, it was a friendly, TAA needed the minutes more than James. Let’s see who starts in the Euros. Second, the medical staff have confirmed complications with removing Raheem Sterling from James’ pocket, which is why he didn’t start.

ETA The Athletic confirms TAA is out of Euro 2020 and is leaving the England camp today
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#21]
So reports are spurs are talking to conte. Now I think conte is a great coach but he is also a burn it all down mad man.  So I'm alittle nervous but also excited to see him get the spurs job.  They might put a decent run together maybe.  But conte will definitely eventually go berserk and shit talk levy to the press which is awesome.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So reports are spurs are talking to conte. Now I think conte is a great coach but he is also a burn it all down mad man.  So I'm alittle nervous but also excited to see him get the spurs job.  They might put a decent run together maybe.  But conte will definitely eventually go berserk and shit talk levy to the press which is awesome.
View Quote

Conte is interested under 2 conditions: that his salary be £8.5M/year and that Kane not be sold this summer. The salary figure is more than they were paying Poch and Spurs are notorious tightwads. And Kane said he didn’t want to stay even if Poch came back.

Spurs are also considering adding a Sporting Director, and Conte has a reputation of not playing well with others.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#23]
USMNT vs Honduras tonight, CONCACAF Nations League semi-final, 7:30 on Paramount+

Pulisic and Steffen met up with the team a couple days ago. If Berhalter can figure out who his #9 is, this could be a pretty good team.

ETA Steffen, CP10, Reyna, Dest and McKennie all start
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
USMNT vs Honduras tonight, CONCACAF Nations League semi-final, 7:30 on Paramount+

Pulisic and Steffen met up with the team a couple days ago. If Berhalter can figure out who his #9 is, this could be a pretty good team.

ETA Steffen, CP10, Reyna, Dest and McKennie all start
View Quote

Only one by one. They need to get gelled
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

89th minute.  Honduras blew a 2v1 with the keeper earlier in the half.  It definitely isn't jiving at this point.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

89th minute.  Honduras blew a 2v1 with the keeper earlier in the half.  It definitely isn't jiving at this point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The entire back line looked suspect the whole game.

I want to see more of Siebatcheu and Musah.

Should be a good final against El Tri on Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Marina has been busy.

Tuchel signs extension through 2024

Club options for both Silva and Giroud have been exercised. I still expect Giroud to leave this summer, but at least it won’t be on a free.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The entire back line looked suspect the whole game.

I want to see more of Siebatcheu and Musah.

Should be a good final against El Tri on Sunday.
View Quote

Me too.

Let's go USA!

Also will the Klopp Kopsters check in

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Shit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#30]
If John Brooks and Tim Ream are the best we have to offer at CB, we’re not going far.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#31]
they're fucking terrible.

they're not going to make the WC playing like this.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:07:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

So disorganized in the back.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow.  This is at a Sunday league level.

Both teams.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Crap.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#35]
such a shitty defense
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#36]
They need to just play for corners.  The Mexicans are too short to stop headers.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#37]
McKennie!

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Horvath coming up huge.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:31:10 PM EDT
[#39]
lol

anti-discrimination rule

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:35:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Like the fire in the USAs bellies and the team rallying around Horvath
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#41]
I’m kinda looking forward to PKs at this point
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I’m kinda looking forward to PKs at this point
View Quote

I'm looking forward to the game being over so I can eat my last tamale without feeling like I'm bringing bad luck to the USA. I should have grabbed burgers for dinner.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#43]
CP10!!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:12:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
CP10!!!
View Quote

Add some red and white to that!
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:18:26 AM EDT
[#45]
great save
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
great save
View Quote

Horvath coming up huge
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:26:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Fuck Mexico
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:26:25 AM EDT
[#48]
USA USA USA!

McKennie may be my new favorite player. Dude doesn't give a fuck.

Horvath MOTM!
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:47:02 AM EDT
[#49]
What a game. Good to see USA play with some heart.  With Pulisic, McKennie, Stefan, we might have a bright decade ahead of us after decades of embarrassment.

Also Horvath, what a gutsy performance. Several outstanding saves not least of which was the penalty.

Does anyone else hate seeing Mexico fans taking over more than half a stadium in the United States?

USA USA USA

Link Posted: 6/7/2021 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Me too.

Let's go USA!

Also will the Klopp Kopsters check in

View Quote

Yeah, that's me...
Page / 39
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top