Posted: 9/27/2020 9:57:57 AM EDT

1100+ hp AWD
0-60 in under 2s
0-1/4 in under 9s
200+ mph top speed
520 miles of range
also seats up to 7

Laguna Seca in 1:30, similar time as Porsche 918 and McLaren P1

Tesla MODEL S PLAID 1100HP record lap Laguna SECA!
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Every time I see a higher end Model S in person they are stunning. Beautiful cars
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Want
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#3]
lol, gay
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice, but like MPG in gas cars, the 'range' spec is not in play if you enjoy the other specs.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I would definitely take one, would even pay up to $50k for one.   Looks like I won't be having one any time soon.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought one of the coolest things about their battery day demonstarion where they revealed the model S plaid, was the fact they were employing the biggest high pressure aluminum casting machine in the world to make the frame in only two pieces, a front and back section.

In fact all the engineering details were pretty damn cool.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lol, gay
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
lol, gay

Yes, a car that is so fast stock that drag strips may require you to install parachutes and roll cages just to use them there is gay...

https://www.fr24news.com/a/2020/09/tesla-model-s-plaid-may-be-required-to-use-a-parachute-when-racing-in-drag-tracks.html

The Tesla Model S Plaid was officially launched on Battery Day and the vehicle is now available to order. The specifications of the Plaid Model S are no joke, with the vehicle being able to go from 0 to 60 mph in under 2 seconds before peaking at 200 mph. The future flagship sedan is so fast that Tesla says its quarter-mile is less than 9 seconds, thanks to its three electric motors that produce 1,100 hp.With the Plaid variant entering the picture, the Model S will effectively become an 8-second car over the quarter mile. That would make the flagship Tesla sedan a downright creepy presence in the drag strip, especially since previous iterations like the Model S P100D with Ludicrous mode and the Model S Performance are quick enough to regularly embarrass supercars. That being said, it’s pretty hard to deny that an 8-second quarter-mile time is unfamiliar territory for Tesla, and that, according to a veteran racer, could result in some interesting rules for the next vehicle in the tracks. ‘acceleration.
Brooks Weisblat, Tesla owner and YouTube drag racing enthusiast DragTimes channel is no stranger to fast cars. Weisblat has extensive experience in drag racing, regularly competing with electric cars like the Tesla Model S P100D or conventional supercars like the McLaren 720S. Speaking as a veteran, Weisblat pointed out that the Model S Plaid is a pretty crazy vehicle, and given its performance, it might actually end up being too fast for some drag tracks in the United States.

The drag racing veteran pointed out that in order for the Model S Plaid to reach a quarter mile in under 9 seconds, the vehicle would have to have a trap speed likely above 150 mph. Weisblat noted that in many drag tracks across the country, more safety requirements are placed on vehicles that operate at such levels. Cars that hit the quarter mile at 150 mph, for example, must have a parachute to help them decelerate. Vehicles that travel 8 or 9 quarter mile seconds are generally required to have a roll cage, or at least a roll bar, when also competing.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:06:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
lol, gay
View Quote

Unless you have enough money to buy a Senna, there’s no other production car faster than the “gay” Tesla at Laguna Seca.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
lol, gay
View Quote

I dont want an electric car because of range and recharge limitations, but these specs are far from gay....
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
lol, gay
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#11]
$140,000 for those of you wondering.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Wow. Impressive. It didn't catch on fire.

It bottomed out twice at :09 at 1:09 and couldn't hold the road like a Porsche, but OK.

I'll stick with Stuttgart.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:11:01 AM EDT
[#13]
How does a sedan seat up to 7?
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Needs LS swap
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m getting a new Carrera 4 or Range Rover SVR for that money
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

there are some sort of seats you can put in the trunk.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I always love the retards who can't accept that this is the future of auto tech.

"It no make vroom vroom sound, it no good, me no like"

ETA: Have fun dealing with the anger when these gap you in the 1/4, they're only going to get better.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wow. Impressive. It didn't catch on fire.

It bottomed out once and couldn't hold the road like a Porsche, but OK.
View Quote

You do realize it got the same lap time as the Porsche 918... a multimillion dollar hypercar built for the track, and this is a large 4-door sedan.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only good argument for that choice would be better interior finishes.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Needs LS swap
View Quote

Now that would make it gay.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes, a car that is so fast stock that drag strips may require you to install parachutes to use them there is gay...

https://www.fr24news.com/a/2020/09/tesla-model-s-plaid-may-be-required-to-use-a-parachute-when-racing-in-drag-tracks.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol, gay

Yes, a car that is so fast stock that drag strips may require you to install parachutes to use them there is gay...

The Tesla Model S Plaid was officially launched on Battery Day and the vehicle is now available to order. The specifications of the Plaid Model S are no joke, with the vehicle being able to go from 0 to 60 mph in under 2 seconds before peaking at 200 mph. The future flagship sedan is so fast that Tesla says its quarter-mile is less than 9 seconds, thanks to its three electric motors that produce 1,100 hp.With the Plaid variant entering the picture, the Model S will effectively become an 8-second car over the quarter mile. That would make the flagship Tesla sedan a downright creepy presence in the drag strip, especially since previous iterations like the Model S P100D with Ludicrous mode and the Model S Performance are quick enough to regularly embarrass supercars. That being said, it’s pretty hard to deny that an 8-second quarter-mile time is unfamiliar territory for Tesla, and that, according to a veteran racer, could result in some interesting rules for the next vehicle in the tracks. ‘acceleration.
Brooks Weisblat, Tesla owner and YouTube drag racing enthusiast DragTimes channel is no stranger to fast cars. Weisblat has extensive experience in drag racing, regularly competing with electric cars like the Tesla Model S P100D or conventional supercars like the McLaren 720S. Speaking as a veteran, Weisblat pointed out that the Model S Plaid is a pretty crazy vehicle, and given its performance, it might actually end up being too fast for some drag tracks in the United States.

The drag racing veteran pointed out that in order for the Model S Plaid to reach a quarter mile in under 9 seconds, the vehicle would have to have a trap speed likely above 150 mph. Weisblat noted that in many drag tracks across the country, more safety requirements are placed on vehicles that operate at such levels. Cars that hit the quarter mile at 150 mph, for example, must have a parachute to help them decelerate. Vehicles that travel 8 or 9 quarter mile seconds are generally required to have a roll cage, or at least a roll bar, when also competing.

That was my first thought. You wouldn't be able to run your stock Tesla at a dragstrip that follows NHRA rules.

We are one breakthrough in battery tech away (either charging times or range) from vehicles like this being an enormous disruptive force.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
lol, gay
View Quote

100% this here.

We are spoiled in south Florida with exotic cars. The rides I see on my daily a1a bike rides are insane.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I always love the retards who can't accept that this is the future of auto tech.

View Quote

They're going to be like the auto equivalent of fat boomer Harley riders who think that non-Harley bikes that are hilariously faster are "pussy bikes" ...because "BbrbrbrbrbtrbBRA bbrbrbrbBRA!"
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You do realize it got the same lap time as the Porsche 918... a multimillion dollar hypercar built for the track, and this is a large 4-door sedan.
View Quote

Yeah, I realize that. It also gets a constant stream of federal tax payer dollars per car.  Why am I paying for complete strangers to buy a 40 - 140 thousand dollar car again?

The first Tesla was introduced in 2008.   Telsa has never turned a profit even with that massive federal subsidy year after year.  WTF?
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#25]
It might have the impressive torque to get it done for one lap; but lacks the suspension and brake engineering that comes with decades of track wins. Now do that for 24hrs like Porsche does.

Like shooting a MINI14 next to a HKPSG1 and saying -- " see, I can hit the target too".

Everyone goes
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Elon Musk declared it to be so, and you shall not dispute any claim made by Elon because he is the best EVAR.  iT's sCiEnCe!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s a huge reason for me. I really considered a Model 3 but the interior to me sucks. And not deals behind the steering wheel? Just not for me
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

We are one breakthrough in battery tech away (either charging times or range) from vehicles like this being an enormous disruptive force.
View Quote
Been hearing that for 30 years...

Free beer tomorrow, something something.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yeah, I realize that. It also gets a constant stream of federal tax payer dollars per car.  Why am I paying for complete strangers to buy a 40 - 140 thousand dollar car again?

The first Tesla was introduced in 2008.   Telsa has never turned a profit even with that massive subsidy year after year.  WTF?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The first Tesla was introduced in 2008.   Telsa has never turned a profit even with that massive subsidy year after year.  WTF?

You know which US car maker still needs to repay their big gov buyout? Hint: it ain’t Tesla.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe get out more? There are Tesla/EV everywhere in my AO, and we ain’t commiefornia.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#31]
The future is electric.  I would imagine the internal combustion engine in cars will be a thing of the past in my lifetime.   Too heavy for planes and maybe not practical for all motorcycles, lawn equipment, etc.  

I wish they put as much effort into soundproofing as they did all the other tech.  A lot of road and wind noise in the Teslas I have driven.  The sales team says that is just because there is no motor noise so the road and wind seem louder. Uh no.  I have a sound level meter app on my phone.  LOL

I would buy a Tesla in a heartbeat, but I imagine in a few years that we will see a lot of electric vehicles.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You know which US car maker still needs to repay their big gov buyout? Hint: it ain’t Tesla.
View Quote

Are you arguing that makes it OK?  None of it is good.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

100% this here.

We are spoiled in south Florida with exotic cars. The rides I see on my daily a1a bike rides are insane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol, gay

100% this here.

But what happens then as more exotics start going electric?
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That’s a huge reason for me. I really considered a Model 3 but the interior to me sucks. And not deals behind the steering wheel? Just not for me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m a big fan of the Taycan. The Polestar 2 looks good inside too. Too bad for being made in China.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Awesome car.
The absence of engine sound is unnerving to me. But if I could afford the car, I could probably get used to it.

The real breakover point will come when the weight-volume-cost/energy stored ratio and the recharge time equals that of gasoline or diesel.
We're also going to have to up our energy production game to make up for the loss of fossile fuels.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So why are you pissed at Tesla? They have already repaid their debt. Gov is offering tax credit, be mad at them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It might have the impressive torque to get it done for one lap; but lacks the suspension and brake engineering that comes with decades of track wins. Now do that for 24hrs like Porsche does.

Like shooting a MINI14 next to a HKPSG1 and saying -- " see, I can hit the target too".

Everyone goes
View Quote

lol

"Well, my car could beat your car if we raced for 24 hours straight"

Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So why are you pissed at Tesla? They have already repaid their debt. Gov is offering tax credit, be mad at them.
View Quote

It should be noted, that Tesla already used up the US tax credits, so now every other EV except a Tesla gets a tax credit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The interior of the 3 is a large part in my decision to go with a 540i instead of the model 3.  Having said that I am willing to bet my next car purchase will be an EV.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

ETA: Have fun dealing with the anger when these gap you in the 1/4, they're only going to get better.
View Quote

These are cool cars and I do like them.  Electric cars are the future, no doubt.

But these days I’d still buy something else.  I don’t care if it’s slower than this Tesla. It’s not always about having the fastest car around.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The first Tesla was introduced in 2008.   Telsa has never turned a profit even with that massive federal subsidy year after year.  WTF?
View Quote

You aren’t anymore. Tesla was the first auto company to lose federal rebates on EV’s. GM was the second.

I’m machining some neat copper pieces at work for an electric vehicle prototype. It’s our biggest R&D focus.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Elon Musk declared it to be so, and you shall not dispute any claim made by Elon because he is the best EVAR.  iT's sCiEnCe!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been an option for years.

Only really fits kids though, like the backseats in a Porsche.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Seats seven midgets.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

These are cool cars and I do like them.  Electric cars are the future, no doubt.

But these days I’d still buy something else.  I don’t care if it’s slower than this Tesla. It’s not always about having the fastest car around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.

And the whole Tesla brand/image/lifestyle is soy as fuck.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:31:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It should be noted, that Tesla already used up the US tax credits, so now every other EV except a Tesla gets a tax credit.
View Quote

GM lost theirs in March only 6 months behind Tesla.

The Chevy Volt was a pretty high selling car in the EV world.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Indeed.

View Quote

You're also the guy who likes Nickelback and thinks they're better than Tool...
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Everyone goes
View Quote

What stock Porsche production car can do that for 24 hours?

None? So why would anyone expect this car to do that? Lol
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You're also the guy who likes Nickelback and thinks they're better than tool...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.

You're also the guy who likes Nickelback and thinks they're better than tool...

Holy shit
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://www.teslarati.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Tesla-Model-S-3rd-Row-Seats-e1379317106445-1280x720.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.teslarati.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Tesla-Model-S-3rd-Row-Seats-e1379317106445-1280x720.jpg

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top