Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 4:43:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
anyone know where to get a complete exhaust for an 83 big red? mine is rusting  

200E Big Red?

Your best bet is ebay or an aftermarket manufacture, parts are getting hard to find for some models of theatcr. egay listings:

http://www.ebay.com/dsc/i.html?LH_TitleDesc=1&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=honda+200+big+red+exhaust&_dmpt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=4

DG makes one, I have a same pipe on my 200S. Be advised that there is no spark arrestor on this, just in case you ride public trails.
The link is from Dennis Kirk, but you may find it cheaper elswhere.

https://www.denniskirk.com/dg/rcm-steel-complete-exhaust-system.p44538.prd/44541.sku

I believe FMF and Supertrapp make a universal clamp on muffler, but your head pipe would still have to be in good shape
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I always wanted one of these.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#3]

I had that exact one. Couldn't kill it no matter how hard I tried. Ran great for about 25 years for me and my dad, and finally sold it 2 years ago because I didn't have much time to ride it anymore.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]
We had 2 growing up. When we were able to keep them running they were a blast. When our fence came out of nowhere on two separate occasions, we had to sell them and bought a single quad instead.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#5]
You had to lean the opposite way as you would on a bike to make turns.  The general design was unstable.

Now, an unstable design, you get into that 'gray zone' of 'is it going to tip or not' a lot easier than with a more stable design, so it was easy to get the back to slide around like crazy or have one wheel come off the ground.   If you were a kid, these were 'tricks' that you knew how to do and thought they made you cool because on most other (much more stable vehicles) similar feats were difficult to accomplish.  This is why many people mourned their passage.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#6]
bizzarre.  I had the exact same ones.  Kawa, honda, honda.

never had a wipeout i can attribute to 3 wheels.  i got more fucked up when i started on 4.

I dont know anyone that didnt get hurt on a banshee in one way or another.

Quoted:

I had a 110,200,200x.They beat the hell out of a quad and I do miss them dearly.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh the humanity !!!!!!

dad and I in 1976

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#8]
They sucked!

Not as good as a motorcycle or atv with the worst flaws of both.

People who lament their loss are the same type who will tell you that their Chevette was the best car ever.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They sucked!

People who lament their loss are the same type who will tell you that their Chevette was the best car ever.

You obviously don't know how to ride one then.  Trikes aren't as forgiving with idiots on the seat as quads are.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I thought so... Buddy of mine back when we was in jr high had a Tecate with a built motor. Was pretty mean!

I've never been a two wheeler guy. Always had 4wheelers. Banshee's are pretty nasty. Was always the fastest I thought. Until I got my built 450r. Things a fuckin rocket ship

My 720 Raptor with my brother's banshee on alcohol. There is a little friendly competition and associated shit talking that happens in the garage.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#11]
do they drive like motorcycles or atv's though?
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a Tecte 3-wheeler. My friends called it "The Death Machine". Just about everyone to ride it ended up with a broken bone.....

I loved that thing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They sucked!

I liked my Chevette. My kinky deviant hotrod fantasy is to drop a turbo V6 with a 6 speed manual into one and go pick on Mustangs and Camaros.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top