Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I move that G17s be allowed but only First Gen guns.

Also, that at least one stage should have a stockless SMG (MAC, UZI, etc.) requirement in lieu of pistol.

In the Scarface stage, the gun is loaded on table behind a plastic shower curtain.  On start signal, the shooter must use a running chainsaw to cut the shower curtain and then proceed to engage all visible targets.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#2]
We used to call this concept I.P.S.C.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I move that G17s be allowed but only First Gen guns.

Also, that at least one stage should have a stockless SMG (MAC, UZI, etc.) requirement in lieu of pistol.

In the Scarface stage, the gun is loaded on table behind a plastic shower curtain.  On start signal, the shooter must use a running chainsaw to cut the shower curtain and then proceed to engage all visible targets.
View Quote
Gen 17 and G19 came out as 2nd Gen guns in the late 80s. I'd allow it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just as long as it doesn’t degenerate into a GSSF match.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just as long as it doesn’t degenerate into a GSSF match.
View Quote
Like I said, autos should be limited to 8 rounds and you gotta use a PGO shotgun  
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya know... this is really giving me an excuse to buy a hard wood Remmy Tac-14
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#7]
sign me up

My colt SP-1 and 1911 are ready

it’s the indian, not the arrow

skills will win the day

Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just as long as it doesn't degenerate into a GSSF match.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't want it to be GSSF. But I do want to keep it open so folks with Beretta 92s, Sig P226s, etc can have fun as long as they're legit period guns.

For sure, iron sights only for pistols unless you have actual period optics on it like a scoped S&W 29 or some giant laser with a car battery.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm thinking 1911 (Colt Series 70 reissue), M1 carbine and a Remmy Tac-14.... which I'm gonna pick up sometime after the new year.

...though there's a big part of me wanting to use my 4" Smith 66-1!
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For sure, iron sights only for pistols unless you have actual period optics on it like a scoped S&W 29 or some giant laser with a car battery.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/8/84/Pred2_083.jpg/400px-Pred2_083.jpg
Exactly...

Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#12]
The first Mini 14 I bought was from the mid-70s and was equipped with a laser sight that was as large as a sleeve of saltine crackers.  It took some silly amount of D cell batteries or something like that.  The rear sight had been lost to the mists of time and I had to buy a replacement to actually use the gun.  I think the laser sight was trashed about 20 years ago, or it might be a good candidate for the role today.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#13]
.357 DE it is then!
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't want it to be GSSF. But I do want to keep it open so folks with Beretta 92s, Sig P226s, etc can have fun as long as they're legit period guns.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glocktards will ruin it if you let them.

Bonus for shooting stainless guns.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I know where I can borrow on of these:

Link Posted: 12/11/2018 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

http://www.imfdb.org/images/f/f4/HIghStandardM10Shotgun.jpg
View Quote
One of those was sitting on the wall at my local shop.  It sat there a long time.  I think they wanted $699 for it, but it didn't have the integrated flashlight mount.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

http://www.imfdb.org/images/f/f4/HIghStandardM10Shotgun.jpg
View Quote
Back in the late 90s to early 00s. Lou's Police Supply in Hialeah had a bunch of them sitting in the back. They were trade in from one of the midsize agencies in SE FL.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Any extra points for eye patches or clingy spandex?

Link Posted: 12/11/2018 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#19]
2 gun. DAO non polymer handguns.

AR’s have to wear A1 or A2 uppers, no flat tops, traditional stocks or hand guards.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
2 gun. DAO non polymer handguns.

AR’s have to wear A1 or A2 uppers, no flat tops, traditional stocks or hand guards.
View Quote
Pump shotgun is way more “era correct”.

And more fun, to be honest.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Lets do a ghetto match!

The rules,

A full 1/2 of your ass must be visible over the top of your elastic band pants.

You must wear high tops with (wif) no strings.

Pistols of course will be held sideways.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#22]
As the owner of only a few guns, I could do a two gun version.

66 4" and 20" 870

Or for the real poor cop...

S&W 1917 & Mossberg 500 18"

Edit... Or very late 80s and my early 5903 can join
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I would allow new pistols that are cheap and available but were represented in the 80's for the new shooter, there is a limited supply of weapons built 30 years ago and prices will only go up.  A new 92fs, Sig 226, Highpower, and glock would be easier to obtain and more people to have on hand to begin with without buying on the used market.  Part of the problem with CASS was cost of weaponry just to enter the contest.  Sure the cost of used 80's pistols is reasonable today but 10-20 years from now it will be more than cost of new. I would not allow any that were released after Jan 1, 1990 such as CZ P10, SW MP, HK VP and so on.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would allow new pistols that are cheap and available but were represented in the 80's for the new shooter, there is a limited supply of weapons built 30 years ago and prices will only go up.  A new 92fs, Sig 226, Highpower, and glock would be easier to obtain and more people to have on hand to begin with without buying on the used market.  Part of the problem with CASS was cost of weaponry just to enter the contest.  Sure the cost of used 80's pistols is reasonable today but 10-20 years from now it will be more than cost of new. I would not allow any that were released after Jan 1, 1990 such as CZ P10, SW MP, HK VP and so on.
View Quote
You can still by Smith Model 10s pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
That makes sense but at the same time, there are some issues.

A modern 92FS is fine since there isn't much a difference. But it has to be a stock 92FS.

Glocks are kinda on the 50/50 for me. Yes, Glock existed and they were extremely popular. But I have an issue with Glock shooters fucking this up.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#27]
This really needs to include blowing up a kit car Ferrari Daytona with a Stinger as the final stage.

Miami Vice "Daytona blown up'
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
How about a S&W 57
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#29]
GD: dressing up as cowboys for CAS is gay.

Also GD: dressing up in loafers, spandex, and pastel colors to be 80s cops is awesome!

I'm still in though.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Also GD: dressing up in loafers, spandex, and pastel colors to be 80s cops is awesome!

I'm still in though.
View Quote
But it doesn't have to be Miami Vice.  We're talking 70s AND 80s!  You can do Starsky & Hutch.  You can do Dirty Harry Callahan.  You can do a 70s biker dude. You can do the A-Team.

Options are everywhere!
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How about a S&W 57
https://i.imgur.com/bcHPRef.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about a S&W 57
https://i.imgur.com/bcHPRef.jpg
Hell Yeah!
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm still in though.
View Quote
Better than the guys that dress up as Call of Duty.

We gotta be goofy and do goofy shit.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm still in though.
View Quote
I’m gonna go ahead and make a motion that costuming is absolutely optional.

Encouraged? Absolutely.  Prizes awarded, you betcha.

But OPTIONAL.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
But it doesn't have to be Miami Vice.  We're talking 70s AND 80s!  You can do Starsky & Hutch.  You can do Dirty Harry Callahan.  You can do a 70s biker dude. You can do the A-Team.

Options are everywhere!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still in though.

Options are everywhere!
So this guy?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Give him a Model 10 and an 870 and hell yeah!

Straight from his undercover at the Blue Oyster.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Options are everywhere!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still in though.

Options are everywhere!
Tango & Cash came out in 1989. Lethal Weapon 2 did too.

I'd honestly say the cut off is the 1990 for themes. So we can do Iran Contra, Red Dawn, Cold War, Drug War  etc...
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm gonna go ahead and make a motion that costuming is absolutely optional.

But OPTIONAL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still in though.
I'm gonna go ahead and make a motion that costuming is absolutely optional.

But OPTIONAL.
Of course optional. The objective is to have fun, have it as open and welcoming as possible, and make it affordable for the majority of people.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If we're doing 80's action matches: Hong Kong Action movies!  I want to slide down a bannister shooting two Berettas (err, Tauruses), leaping over things in slow motion, Wearing All White suits, and the round count has to be Too Damn High!!
View Quote
Not feasable.  It would cost too much money to release 2 dozen white doves for every shooter on the stage.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not feasable.  It would cost too much money to release 2 dozen white doves for every shooter on the stage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If we're doing 80's action matches: Hong Kong Action movies!  I want to slide down a bannister shooting two Berettas (err, Tauruses), leaping over things in slow motion, Wearing All White suits, and the round count has to be Too Damn High!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Attachment Attached File
In

ETA

Son of a bitch... beat
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#41]
If you do an A-TEAM stage, you would have to empty three mags from a Mini-14 without anyone seeing you reload, and penalty points if you HIT any of the targets.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#42]
This is my new favorite thread

My load-out

Smith and Wesson ASP
Colt XM177 with carry handle scope
Remington 870 with horrible top folder stock

Round it all out with this
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

A modern 92FS is fine since there isn't much a difference. But it has to be a stock 92FS.

Glocks are kinda on the 50/50 for me. Yes, Glock existed and they were extremely popular. But I have an issue with Glock shooters fucking this up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe a better rule for handguns is only allow those with no rail on dust cover.  That would limit glocks to gen 1 and 2 and yet allow new 92fs, CZ75 and Hipower.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#44]
If I was to do odd shit, S&W Model 544. A N Frame Revolver chamber in .44-40 WCF. Under 5,000 made in 1986.

Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Will female shooters be forced to grow a bush?

This needs to be addressed
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Maybe a better rule for handguns is only allow those with no rail on dust cover.  That would limit glocks to gen 1 and 2 and yet allow new 92fs, CZ75 and Hipower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That could work and does make sense. The Gen 2 did come out in the late 80s.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Lets do a ghetto match!

The rules,

A full 1/2 of your ass must be visible over the top of your elastic band pants.

You must wear high tops with (wif) no strings.

Pistols of course will be held sideways.
View Quote
No zip gun option?
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Will female shooters be forced to grow a bush?

This needs to be addressed
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Tango & Cash came out in 1989. Lethal Weapon 2 did too.

I'd honestly say the cut off is the 1990 for themes. So we can do Iran Contra, Red Dawn, Cold War, Drug War  etc...
View Quote
OG-107s and black boots ftw....

granted if I went that route I'd use a S&W Model 15 and my SP1 or do a 604 build
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top