[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CERN fucked up everything .

Think it was around 2018.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/20/2021 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#3]
People don't think Mandela effect be like it is but it do.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@CastleBravo91

All I know is I am not gonna go home tonight, take all my albums, all my tapes and all my CDs and burn 'em.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what you're saying is that drugs have done GOOD things for us?

@CastleBravo91

All I know is I am not gonna go home tonight, take all my albums, all my tapes and all my CDs and burn 'em.

I wouldn't either. All that music has really enhanced my life over the years. Probably because the people that made them were.........
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRReeeaaal fucking high on drugs!
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

That pos significantly reduced the number of available causal realities.  Makes things a lot weirder.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wouldn't either. All that music has really enhanced my life over the years. Probably because the people that made them were.........
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRReeeaaal fucking high on drugs!
View Quote

Man, the Beatles were so high, they let Ringo sing a couple of tunes. Tell me they weren't partying. "We all live in a yellow submarine, yellow submarine." We all live in a-do you know how fucking high they were when they wrote that?
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mandela Effect
View Quote

Was gonna post this
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Louie Anderson is still alive as far as I know. He was in the tv series baskets with Zack Galafanakis(sp) he played a woman.
View Quote

Correct. I distinctly remember his incredibly depressing personality and was not at all surprised when he killed himself. My best friend and I used him as the butt of many jokes for years.

Then I find out that he's still alive and still touring. I refused to believe it. There were a few things that I was willing to chalk up to standard memory drift or conflating multiple events, even those I remembered very strongly (my mom had MANY Danielle Steele books, but it's now Steel). However, I don't know what to believe about any of that given what happened with Apollo 13.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#10]
drugs are bad mmmmkay?

your memory probably sucks. dogs can also very much look alike. yet i agree, its probably supernatural. call tom cruise and tell him you need to be tested for your scientology power level immediately. i think the most likely thing going on here is you are actively altering the past with your perceptions of what are true and thats a power to behold. do it now, before (((((they))))) find this thread and system mes
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/bubbles_zps5bf5952f_GIF-110.gif

Never heard of this, and now I’m worried I’m about to go down a rabbit hole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will.  Look it up.  It was happened from like 2005 to 2014, around the CERN large hadron collider.  Basically they made a micro-singularity generator, but making even a micro-singularity with so much matter nearby would cause it to grow and become a naked singularity (which, if a black hole is like where God divided by zero, is where it instead went into imaginary numbers) which effectively breaks several near-fundamental laws of physics (at least as we know it).  Since any causal action path where the CERN experiment functioned is one that cannot have a convergence of causal actions lead to it, the experiment never functioned.  But there's no mechanism for something being impossible to go back and just stop someone from doing something, every series of events that would have led to it functioning could never really happen, but they had to have a valid causal reason for not happening.  The CERN project was basically a boondoggle that, at first, never worked for normal reasons like administrative incompetence, graft, and corruption.  But it kept not working, even after those were addressed and worked around.  For reasons that become increasingly less probable.  In 2009, a pigeon dropped a piece of bread on some critical part of the power feed system that took down the whole system just before a scheduled run.  In 2014, a weasel at through the wrong power line and took out an electrical transformer for it.  

This is a rather imaginative account that could be from it (but I'd say it's completely fabricated): https://newspunch.com/cern-physicist-we-have-done-something-evil-it-is-being-hidden/
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do you guys have any memories whatsoever of the cross country trip that include the dog?
View Quote

I once moved from TN to NC with two cats in a jeep cherokee.

You would remember the cross country trip decades later in detail.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What's the thing about Apollo 13?
View Quote

When I first discovered the Mandela Effect, there was a very popular one relating to Apollo 13. As EVERYBODY knows, the famous line is a slowly zooming close-up of Tom Hanks as he says "Houston, we have a problem." The original mission audio was far less dramatic, and was just "uh, Houston, we've had a problem," with little to no drama. But back in 2015 or so when I would waste time at work researching this, one of the most common effects was that that had never happened. The line from the movie was an entirely different scene - multiple actors in frame, and a relatively anticlimactic "uh, Houston, we've had a problem," just as it was in the mission audio. People would repeatedly post pop culture references of other shows repeating the "Houston, we have a problem" line. I remember watching this scene on YouTube many times, wondering how my original memory could have been so wrong. Not a single person I showed it to believed me and said it must have been edited or something because every one of them remembered the famous "Houston, we have a problem" line. You could Google these things and find out that it's a very common misquote, as seen here:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/going-out/film/casablanca-70th-anniversary-the-most-misquoted-1458034

https://www.businessinsider.com/common-movie-misquotes-2012-5?op=1

But then, it switched back. As in, what I originally remembered is now back. The above links still exist, obviously, but refer to a reality that does not exist. The Wikipedia article was edited back in 2005 to reflect the dialogue change, which is very odd. The problem is that this is effectively a double ME - I'm reading about this stuff on a regular basis and experiencing something confusing regarding my memory of the original scene. Then it switches effectively overnight. Skeptics like to argue about faulty memory, but that would be like altering a major detail in a very specific way within minutes. If you're paying attention to something and it changes...I mean, I have no logical explanation for what I experienced. Many people had the same thing happen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/comments/3zqpf7/apollo_13_movie_found_residue_of_previous_reality/

I am a sane and highly educated individual and I know exactly how this sounds to some people. But I will absolutely 100% take this to my grave.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

When I first discovered the Mandela Effect, there was a very popular one relating to Apollo 13. As EVERYBODY knows, the famous line is a slowly zooming close-up of Tom Hanks as he says "Houston, we have a problem." The original mission audio was far less dramatic, and was just "uh, Houston, we've had a problem," with little to no drama. But back in 2015 or so when I would waste time at work researching this, one of the most common effects was that that had never happened. The line from the movie was an entirely different scene - multiple actors in frame, and a relatively anticlimactic "uh, Houston, we've had a problem," just as it was in the mission audio. People would repeatedly post pop culture references of other shows repeating the "Houston, we have a problem" line. I remember watching this scene on YouTube many times, wondering how my original memory could have been so wrong. Not a single person I showed it to believed me and said it must have been edited or something because every one of them remembered the famous "Houston, we have a problem" line. You could Google these things and find out that it's a very common misquote, as seen here:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/going-out/film/casablanca-70th-anniversary-the-most-misquoted-1458034

But then, it switched back. As in, what I originally remembered is now back. The above links still exist, obviously, but refer to a reality that does not exist. The Wikipedia article was edited back in 2005 to reflect the dialogue change, which is very odd. The problem is that this is effectively a double ME - I'm reading about this stuff on a regular basis and experiencing something confusing regarding my memory of the original scene. Then it switches effectively overnight. Skeptics like to argue about faulty memory, but that would be like altering a major detail in a very specific way within minutes. If you're paying attention to something and it changes...I mean, I have no logical explanation for what I experienced. Many people had the same thing happen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/comments/3zqpf7/apollo_13_movie_found_residue_of_previous_reality/

I am a sane and highly educated individual and I know exactly how this sounds to some people. But I will absolutely 100% take this to my grave.
View Quote

Huh...I didn't know it changed back.

Is: "Luke, I am your father" back yet?
That one irks me lol.

Also: "mirror, mirror on the wall".

Speed
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Apollo 13 movie has a scene with Tom Hanks in it, just after the explosion happens.

In that line he says "Houston, we've had a problem."

Now he says "Houston, we have a problem" and it's a different camera angle.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No that's just the modern excuse for journalism.  The original line (spoken by Lovell) was "Houston, we've had a problem".  Apollo 13 instead used the famous misquote, "Houston, we have a problem".
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No that's just the modern excuse for journalism.  The original line (spoken by Lovell) was "Houston, we've had a problem".  Apollo 13 instead used the famous misquote, "Houston, we have a problem".
View Quote

Except thousands of people, including myself, watched the movie and saw Hanks say the historically correct line.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I remember Stouffers stove top stuffing, the cornucopia in fruit of the loom logo,
and the Bernstein bears.

It's like we're living in a Philip K Dick novel.

Reality is fucky sometimes OP

Speed
View Quote
Ditto.  Reality be whacked.  I SPECIFICALLY remember discussing with my grandpa about making sure to know whether to pronounce it BerenSTEIN or BarenSTIEN and carried that memory for YEARS before this whole thing happened that became known as the Mandela Effect.

ETA: AND...

AND!!!!

DOLLY HAD BRACES!!!! THAT WAS THE JOKE!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#19]
You might be a time traveler in the future!
"Marty, the future isn't written. It can be changed...you know that. Anyone can make their future whatever they want it to be."

Try not to step on too many bugs or sleep with your grandma next time.

The Simpsons - Homer travels back in time
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#20]
This was a long time ago, but I wrote down the details after it happened: I was helping a guy fix his lawn sprinklers. He had a rotor zone in his front yard where he wanted some heads replaced. Also the pressure was low. I said, we should find the valve. After some poking around, he found the valve under the grass. I opened it up and actuated the manual bleed screw. What this does, on this model valve, is to show if the diaphragm is going bad. I turn it on and a rotor pops up and sprays me in butt. So when I went to turn it off, he stood with his foot over the head so I didn't get sprayed.

Next week, he's out of town. I replace some rotors and go to turn on the zone from the valve. I turn the manual bleed screw and a DIFFERENT zone turns on, a spray zone in the beds. huh. So after some poking around, I find another valve, totally covered by grass (live grass, not like clippings), about 15' away. I turn on this valve and the rotor zone comes on. Weird. Maybe I'm misremembering.

The week after, he's back in town. I say, Hey man, remember that valve we found under the grass? He says yes. What zone did that turn on? He says, the rotor zone. I said, that's what I remember. Because the rotors sprayed me in the butt. He says, Yeah, so? I show him the new valve I uncovered. He had no idea that valve was there. I didn't lead him on with my questions, I just asked him straight up about his experience two weeks ago and his memory aligned with mine exactly. But both of us were wrong?

We try different things, but the FACT is, that the newly uncovered valve does the rotors. The other valve does the sprays. And both of us are completely baffled as to how that could be the case. They are connected to the zones by cemented together pvc pipes 6-10" under the ground. If the rotor valve was covered under years of grass, then how did we turn on the rotor zone from the first valve? There is no explanation.

This is the only experience in my life where the Mandela Effect was experienced by two people.

Most of the M.E. is because the human memory is only 50% accurate and it autofills in gaps where it find them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Mandela Effect stuff will really fuck with your head regardless of the cause. I've mostly owned Fords over the years. I've spent countless hours staring at the Ford logo in the steering wheel and never noticed the goofy curly q on the F until a ME video on YouTube pointed it out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/427882/9ED88E33-613D-4F04-896D-BD74C08353BF_jpe-2174566.JPG

View Quote

I've only ever noticed the curly Q.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Except thousands of people, including myself, watched the movie and saw Hanks say the historically correct line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mulitple actors say some variation of "we have/had a problem" in that scene.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#23]
We aren't mixing dogs up, we are 55 and 54, our memory is fine and dog owners remember their dogs.  We only ever had one like her.

Dot mil people remember their moves, they are significant events in their life.  Plus having orders which have dates on them.  We never made a cross country move in that car again cause it was not dependable.  We bought a truck after being in Cali for a few months. So the dog could have only been in it that one move.  We were newly weds and got the dog after being married a couple months.  

Another reason I know the dates, we were going to leave NY on Halloween '91 but I was watching the weather and that was the date of the "perfect storm" so we left a day early and it still hammered us with torrential rain and wind through Jersey into Pennsylvania.

My neighbors in Navy housing were a Marine couple, Mitch and Jeanine, they kept the dog until December when my wife's friend, Stephanie, drove out to Navy Housing in East Meadow and picked up the dog. See, my memory is good.  I lived in unit 10 on Atlas Court, Mitch was in unit 12.

Our memory is fine, what's not fine is the issue with the mystery dog trip.  My wife has chilled out about it now, she said she just isn't going to think about it anymore.  I guess I will just start leaving random pics of the dog laying around to mess with her
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#24]
All things come in time; including dogs.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CERN was a distraction. Fermilab ripped the hole in spacetime
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#26]
https://www.alternatememories.com/mandela-effect-list

Before my wife passed she refused to engage me in Mandela effect conversations....

She said life was confusing and fucked up as it was, and I didn't need to complicate it more...

Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Mandela Effect stuff will really fuck with your head regardless of the cause. I've mostly owned Fords over the years. I've spent countless hours staring at the Ford logo in the steering wheel and never noticed the goofy curly q on the F until a ME video on YouTube pointed it out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/427882/9ED88E33-613D-4F04-896D-BD74C08353BF_jpe-2174566.JPG

View Quote

Fix It Again Tony
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Fix It Again Tony
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fix It Again Tony

Um...What does FIAT have to do with the Ford logo?
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fix It Again Tony

It used to be Fiat, that is how fucked up your memory is getting.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Im going with

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Here's another one I recently discovered.  In the movie The Core, the nerd hacker kid says the line " your kung-fu is not strong". I always remember it being " your kung-fu is weak".
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
https://www.alternatememories.com/mandela-effect-list

Before my wife passed she refused to engage me in Mandela effect conversations....

She said life was confusing and fucked up as it was, and I didn't need to complicate it more...

View Quote
The Library of Alexandra got me. I could have sworn Caesar burned it when he burned the harbor.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have to assume you didn't read a single word I wrote.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/20/2021 10:38:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I read it all just fine.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 10:39:17 PM EDT
[#36]
DOLLY HAD BRACES

and it’s Berenstein Bears.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/xoHdej0.gif

Better reply than mine.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I remember Stouffers stove top stuffing, the cornucopia in fruit of the loom logo,
and the Bernstein bears.

It's like we're living in a Philip K Dick novel.

Reality is fucky sometimes OP

Speed
View Quote

Are the gorillas throwing around the Samsonite luggage on your list too?
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#39]
You should never drink the bong water.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#40]
That was when Owen Z Pitt messed up time in Natchee Bottom
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Ambien is a hell of a drug?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#42]
everything happened the way you though it did, OP.

The problem is... that's not you in the pictures.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#43]
I’m having déjà vu. Seriously.

Have you posted this before? Anywhere???
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:12:18 PM EDT
[#44]
You guys are freaking me...the fuck OUT!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Probably related to CERN firing up awhile back
View Quote

it would explain a lot.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:17:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Simulation theory. It's the most sound explanation for our reality.

A Glitch in the Matrix - Official Trailer
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:32:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The said pics?
View Quote

Por favor....we want to see pics of the time travelling perro.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Most of the M.E. is because the human memory is only 50% accurate and it autofills in gaps where it find them.
View Quote

For minor things, sure, like what did I have for lunch 20 days ago? Hell if I know, probably a sandwich.

Dolly had braces, I know this as a fact. Jaws was one of my childhood heros, not Bond, but Jaws. I used to make tinfoil jaws to cover my teeth and run around trying to bite my siblings appendages off. I know FOR A FACT the scene where Dolly smiles and has a mouth full of metal was the entire joke/connection between the two characters. Finally the monster found someone who could accept him because she was like him. It blew my childhood mind, it's forever etched there. Zero chance I imagined the braces and subsequent love connected based on their shared characteristic.

Also when I was a kid my mom forced us to do the library reading thing every summer. We had to each read 40 books before the next school year started. I read every Bearenstein Bear book written. I had a very difficult time pronouncing BearenSTEIN because it's German, not English, and you have to twist the letters when you say it. I spent at least 3 summers trying to say it right. If it was Stain I woulda got it no problem, since it's a common English word. Then at some point we saw the Young Frankenstein movie where Gene runs around yelling "It's FRONK EN STEEN !" to hide the German pronunciation and we stole that and called the bears "BEAR EN STEIN !" in the same tone of voice.

Also that faggot Tom Cruise had a white shirt on when he slid across the floor.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:38:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Your dog missed you so much they astral projected to you and your wife. You didn’t see the dog physically, but the camera captured him. It happens.
View Quote

Best answer
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:39:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Scan your pictures and post them up here. This is some cool shit. ??
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top