Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

The meeting is scheduled for 2:00 PM eastern.  All field reps are required to return to their respective terminals for a mandatory teleconference at the same hour.  I'm not sure if the meetings are the same or separate for the reps.

Things are way worse for AB than they are allowing the public to know.  I got this info from a person I know that orders for a bar.  His rep told him this a short time ago.

I wonder if it's the official death of Bud Light?

Congrats to all.  I'm doing my part too.  I've loved AB Light pilsner beers for decades.  Not anymore...or ever again under any circumstances.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I talked to a biker bar tender last night.  This biker bar consumes exclusively 95% Budweiser and Bud Light. She said that they’ve seen some switching to Coors banquet beer and some microbrews. Those staunch Bud supporters are not drinking Bud Light. They’re just drinking bud instead.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They already own Corona
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bud will buy up Two X's and Corona

They already own Corona
The fuck they do:  https://www.cbrands.com/collections/beer
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So what.  Call me a transphobe.   I don't care.  They are freaks.
View Quote

I hear you but they care.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look at it this way.  Memorial Day is coming up.  Not a big beer drinking holiday, but any 3 day weekend will see beer consumption increase over a regular weekend.  Then comes June, which is Pride Month.  Many of the LGBTQ community are choosing to boycott BUD.  After Pride month comes the 4th of July.  Two holidays can make a great year for a brewer.  4th of July and Labor Day.  Bad weather on either/both can turn a regular year into a bad year.  BUD is already having a bad year.

Will it sink them?  Likely not, we are only 30% of their market.  Will it cause them a great deal of financial pain?  Yes.

Why are the alphabet soup people boycotting them?

Chicago gay bars boycott Anheuser-Busch for distancing itself from Dylan Mulvaney
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Agreed, but that's usually only the case if there really isn't a decent alternative product. I think that's what has helped this one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Conservatives are generally terrible when it comes to boycotts. We tend to go back to buying the offending companies shit. I expected the same thing with Bud Light. But it seems to be sticking and people are not going back to buying it. They truly struck a nerve in the country where I think people finally said enough is enough.

Agreed, but that's usually only the case if there really isn't a decent alternative product. I think that's what has helped this one.
Exactly. Swapping one light beer for another is quite an easy boycott to maintain.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
a short time ago.

I've loved AB Light pilsner beers for decades.  
View Quote

I bet you're cheap date...

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Someone bought one at an event I was helping out with at the VFW.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The simple fact of the matter is that for a good number of people, they don't believe in what they think is OK, they believe in what they think other people think is OK.

I'm fine with corporations merely sitting it out and not contributing further to clown world culture no matter what it is that they actually believe deep down inside.  That would be a big enough win on it's own.  The big picture is the beliefs and perceptions of the general public.  If we can get that straightened out, we are going to be OK.

Even right now with this Bud Light thing, if the only thing we got out of it is that corporations silently back away from supporting and normalizing groomers, it'd be a huge win.  I don't care if Bud Light fights for what's right, I just don't want to see them fighting for what's wrong.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe.  I'm doubtful though.  Companies need to stay out of politics.

Remember the left's outrage over the 'corporate personhood' ruling?  This was when the courts cleared companies to spend money on political issues and have an opinion. The left was in full blown outrage for a couple years because they assumed all corporations would be conservative.  Now that the shoe is on the other foot, they celebrate it.  Funny how that works.

Conservatives should have seen this coming for a long long time.

Edit:  My statement above "Companies need to stay out of politics." is merely a personal preference.  By no means am I advocating that companies should be silenced by groups or regulated into silence.  As a small business owner, I know that many of my clients are left-leaning.  It would be dumb of me to bring social issues into my business.

I believe there are two sides to the "stay out of politics" coin. If a company can truly stay neutral, I'm all for it. That said, I'd rather know if a company's leadership hates my guts vs. having them run silent while taking my money.

The simple fact of the matter is that for a good number of people, they don't believe in what they think is OK, they believe in what they think other people think is OK.

I'm fine with corporations merely sitting it out and not contributing further to clown world culture no matter what it is that they actually believe deep down inside.  That would be a big enough win on it's own.  The big picture is the beliefs and perceptions of the general public.  If we can get that straightened out, we are going to be OK.

Even right now with this Bud Light thing, if the only thing we got out of it is that corporations silently back away from supporting and normalizing groomers, it'd be a huge win.  I don't care if Bud Light fights for what's right, I just don't want to see them fighting for what's wrong.  

That’s not happening. These corporations are infested with people that ardently believe in all this nonsense, hoisted by their own petard of wokeness to deflect away from their destructive economic and corporate actions in the late 90s early 2000s.

The majority are woke global entities that have nothing but disdain for America and Americans.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’m a field rep and I’m sitting at my house, I don’t think the owners have left town either. Maybe a regional thing
View Quote

You may be right....very well could be regional.   Got the info via a FL rep.  Are you at home because there is no work?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There needs to be a house cleaning in the C-suite at A/B InBev. Starting with their CEO and the social justice warrior VP of Marketing. Anything short of that is a complete failure by their board of directors.
View Quote

I know you know this but the BoD’s are all former C-suite’ers or spouses/relatives of politicians, etc.

They look out for their own.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Maybe.  I'm doubtful though.  Companies need to stay out of politics.

Remember the left's outrage over the 'corporate personhood' ruling?  This was when the courts cleared companies to spend money on political issues and have an opinion. The left was in full blown outrage for a couple years because they assumed all corporations would be conservative.  Now that the shoe is on the other foot, they celebrate it.  Funny how that works.

Conservatives should have seen this coming for a long long time.

Edit:  My statement above "Companies need to stay out of politics." is merely a personal preference.  By no means am I advocating that companies should be silenced by groups or regulated into silence.  As a small business owner, I know that many of my clients are left-leaning.  It would be dumb of me to bring social issues into my business.
View Quote

I guarantee the tranny was NOT AB’s idea. They are ordered by the institutional investors (who are ordered by Black Rock) to push this.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I may get laughed at, but drink Schlitz.  It's owned by Pabst Brewing Co.

It's a fantastic Pre prohibition Pilsner.  What Bud wanted to be and probably was before it changed.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Keep your pud, don’t drink Bud.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The screeching would be epic IF the corporate folks backed down but they won't or can't ..makes no difference.
View Quote
You're right it makes no difference.  Joe Sixpack's had enough of this shit and someone's dying.  Beer brands can be adapted for politics, even.  I predicted a few weeks back that they should have doubled down and kept the LGBTQ thing going at least, but no--they backpedaled and took a dickin' there too.  They should sell their stock and part out their company to the other hetro-brewers that have seen increasing demand.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They're going to hold back their brands that are still selling and force cheap beer buyers into a single choice.  It would be a pretty simple calculation and would probably break a good % of the boycott.  
View Quote

Not as long as another company can meet the demands.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A few weeks ago a young MAN died as a result of surgically turning his ass into a vagina.  
View Quote

Warrior death right there.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's a fantastic Pre prohibition Pilsner.  What Bud wanted to be and probably was before it changed.

View Quote

I haven't even seen any Schlitz since they went under. I used to occasionally buy a six of Schlitz Malt Liquor stove pipes just to relive my days of slumming it as a broke college student.

Just a FYI: Pabst has no actual brewing capacity. All of their brands are manufactured for them by another brewer(s), not that it really makes a difference.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I doubt I ever drank any of the original Schlitz.  I do remember drinking Schlitz malt liquor.  I remember Falstaff a couple of times.

I don’t want to sound like Battlestar Galactica, but this has all happened before, it will all happen again.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I believe a big part of their predicament is their product last 90 days from manufacture.

Depending on the market there are piles of the stuff that is a week from being OOD. Gas stations and grocery stores do buy ins from distributors for large amounts delivered all at once with the same date that are based off of historical sales data. If people stop or even slow down on one brand it can cause millions in completely unrecoverable losses. That's just the actual beer in stores not including stock market speculations about the brands viability going forward.

This hiccup the longer it lasts will cause the distributors to have to pick up monumental amounts of OOD beer that they can't sell. In some markets the law prohibits the beer from being taken back by the distributors and replaced. That's going to make a lot of ill will and skeptical bulk buyer moving forward also. All this because of a mistake by one woman LOL.

That has to be a bad feeling.
View Quote

Very well said, but shelf life hasn't been 90 days since the early 1990's.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#21]
this aged well.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#22]
They'll probably double down!!  Self-destruction of woke corporation.  Good riddance!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We need deets on what it's going on at the meeting.
View Quote
Why is is too difficult to use details?
Deets
is a made up word that conveys the user's linguistic laziness; or worse yet, ignorance.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That graphic is wrong.

Pacifico, Modelo, Corona brands are all imported by Constellation brands.  Inbev only owns them outside the US.
View Quote

Imported by Constellation is correct.
Care to guess who owns the Modelo brewery in Mexico ?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'll be very surprised if AB changes their stance on this.
View Quote

This. They are owned by the ESG mafia. I'm not sure what happens next but unless they are sold to another company it will simply be restructured around the current product demand.
Someone out there is working on a restructuring that simply shuffles the deck.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I talked to a biker bar tender last night.  This biker bar consumes exclusively 95% Budweiser and Bud Light. She said that they’ve seen some switching to Coors banquet beer and some microbrews. Those staunch Bud supporters are not drinking Bud Light. They’re just drinking bud instead.
View Quote

That’ll show em’!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I doubt I ever drank any of the original Schlitz.  I do remember drinking Schlitz malt liquor.  I remember Falstaff a couple of times.

I don’t want to sound like Battlestar Galactica, but this has all happened before, it will all happen again.
View Quote

Well, I drank a ton of that crap outta buckets at Mean Mr. Mustard's.  Horrible stuff.
Never wanted to try it again.

Found out they went back to the original recipe a few years ago and bought a six.  Very tasty.  Hard to find here in CMH, but Savor had some.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#28]
This will just be forgotten and the SPORTSBALL guys will go back to sipping BL decked out in their Nike gear real soon...
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Kudos to the bikers that didn't put their personal needs above the right thing to do.  To the others...well...they are just part of the problem.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Why is is too difficult to use details?
Deets
is a made up word that conveys the user's linguistic laziness; or worse yet, ignorance.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I hear you but they care.
View Quote

They may care because they have commie fascist Anti-American leanings.  My view of America supersedes theirs when they promote social decay and glamorizing deviants.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This shit isn't just political. It's disgusting. A man is celebrated for mental illness and considered brave for dressing up like a woman. It's nasty as fuck and any company who promotes it should go out of business as far as I'm concerned.

I won't be back until the top people at AB are living in a cardboard box having to suck dick for moldy bread to eat.

Fuck them and everyone else who champions this shit.
View Quote

Good cop....bad cop.  Good one right here^^^^^^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You may be right....very well could be regional.   Got the info via a FL rep.  Are you at home because there is no work?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m a field rep and I’m sitting at my house, I don’t think the owners have left town either. Maybe a regional thing

No it’s my usual hours, thankfully my company has a good amount of products that are unaffiliated with AB and we are doing pretty well with that stuff lately.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Constellation brands owns, brews, bottles and distributes, and markets Modelo and corona for the US.

They own a perpetual license
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Constellation brands owns, brews, bottles and distributes, and markets Modelo and corona for the US.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Parent company is ABI
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#36]
But I have heard repeatedly- right here on arfcom, that 99+% of beer drinkers couldn't care less, so why is there a priority distributor meeting?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
There's nothing they can do.  Whatever they do will be called transphobic.
View Quote

What is your point?

The only correct outcome is for Butt light to end as a product, costing AB billions, and knocking some sense into corporate America.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Parent company is ABI
View Quote

"The transaction establishes Crown as a fully owned entity of Constellation, and provides Constellation with independent brewing operations, Modelo's full profit stream from all U.S. sales, and rights in perpetuity to the Grupo Modelo brands distributed by Crown in the U.S. "

Spelled out pretty clearly here.
https://www.cbrands.com/blogs/news/anheuser-busch-inbev-and-constellation-brands-announce-revised-agreement-for-complete-divestiture-of-u-s-business-of-grupo-modelo
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#40]
"Things are going to suck for 3-5 months until people forget, then everything will be back to normal."
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#41]

Lol that's Grupo Modelo. Has nothing to do with US operations.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Well, I'll guess that they are going to triple down.  So they're telling the distributors to tell each customer that they'll pull all their stock from the establishments if their ustomers don't start hiring drag queen beer girls to promote the selling of AB products on Fri & Sat nights.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Here are the meeting minutes. Due to the homophobic misinformation on social media. We have consulted with experts and have determined we need more diversity training.
View Quote

Seems legit ....
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

"The transaction establishes Crown as a fully owned entity of Constellation, and provides Constellation with independent brewing operations, Modelo's full profit stream from all U.S. sales, and rights in perpetuity to the Grupo Modelo brands distributed by Crown in the U.S. "

https://www.cbrands.com/blogs/news/anheuser-busch-inbev-and-constellation-brands-announce-revised-agreement-for-complete-divestiture-of-u-s-business-of-grupo-modelo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Parent company is ABI

I hear what youre saying but fact remains that ABI is still considered the parent company.
Many ABI distributors in the US distribute those products even though they are imported thru Constellation.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My only concern about Bud or InBev is what happens to the Clydesdales.
View Quote

Ken-L-Ration cans.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This will just be forgotten and the SPORTSBALL guys will go back to sipping BL decked out in their Nike gear real soon...
View Quote

I have been hearing this for almost 6 weeks now.  It hasn’t happened yet.

I don’t doubt AB-InBev survives.  Bud Light may not, though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Defeatism isn’t a good look for you.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Of course they're not going to change
Anyone that thinks otherwise is just kidding themselves
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll be very surprised if AB changes their stance on this.

Of course they're not going to change
Anyone that thinks otherwise is just kidding themselves
I'd honestly be more surprised if they don't double down on it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I hear what youre saying but fact remains that ABI is still considered the parent company.
Many ABI distributors in the US distribute those products even though they are imported thru Constellation.
View Quote

Anheuser-Busch InBev and Constellation Brands Announce Revised Agreement for Complete Divestiture of U.S. Business of Grupo Modelo

"The sale of the brewery, which is located near the Texas border, would ensure independence of supply for Crown and provides Constellation with complete control of the production of the Modelo brands for marketing and distribution in the U.S."

AB is NOT the parent company in the US. What part of "Complete Divestiture" includes distributing an AB product?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Lol that's Grupo Modelo. Has nothing to do with US operations.
View Quote

It's parent company is ABI, that many here are boycotting and many ABI distributors in the US have the rights to distribute those products.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top